Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest roshinip

@Soosee15

Yes, I have not forgotten Lee Min Ho’s “ The Heirs”  and it’s OST’s. In fact, I’m also currently watching the drama on a local TV channel. Although it’s dubbed in our Singhalese language, original Korean songs and music are kept intact. Talking about husbands and boyfriends, well, I’m glad that I’m single and have all the freedom to drool over uri Mino boy.

Here’s one of my favourite songs, for you, Lee Min Ho’s “ Love Hurts”,     >:D

@adamfever

yes, I miss him like crazy, especially because I'm unable to see him on big screen

Have a great day chingus

Hi @pixie0622!  That's a rather odd pose of LMH/Jong -dae--is he just exhausted?  I miss him too and we just saw him a week ago!  LOL are we desperate or what?! I heard someone speaking Korean in Target and immediately I thought of him.  When is he going to announce his new project?!
@roshinip: painful love is my favorite minho song.  

@pixie0622:  At first I planned to just provide highlights of his TENASIA interview, however, after reading it, I think you need to read everything to appreciate his sense of humor and his frank and honest answers.  This is a long interview so I will break it up into two parts. 
@zinnia: thanks for sharing the heart-warming fan accounts.  Please correct me if I misinterpreted any parts of the interview as I translated it from the Chinese translation so something might be missing between the double translation. 
Part 1 (my comments in blue)

Q: You mentioned that your face always gets bloated in the morning, so it should be bloated now.  But I don’t see it.

LMH: I have lost some weight (chuckled). During the promotion and interviews, I have many things on my mind and as a result, I shredded some weight.

Q: Yoo Ha said, “It will be great if Gangnam 1970 can become an introspection of the distorted capitalism.” In a way, the entertainment industry is a representation of capitalism.  Being part of it, how can you, as an actor, convey this kind of message through your work?

LMH: You’re right. Actors can be viewed as products/merchandise in capitalism.  For myself, I always try my best in my work due to my sense of responsibility.  For example, if I got a $1 billion won CF, it is not simply about making $1 billion won.  The most important thing is how to deliver results that are worth $1 billion won.  I think this requires a sense of responsibility.  The director wants to deliver a message related to capitalism and as an actor, I have to focus on showing the feelings of people.  The director once said, “What I want is a story about clothing, food, shelter (i.e. basic necessities).”  In fact, that is the desire to live a better life.  It is the same for people living at that time and now.  I always have this kind of feeling in my heart.

Q:  I have also heard that artists can be regarded as products.  Even if this is the case, is there anything you still need to protect/defend?

LMH: I think the artistic part of a project is what an actor can participate the most. How to interpret and execute the details of a story and make it convincing is basically what acting is about.  How to develop the personality and style of a character depends on the talent of the actor.  On the other hand, CF is totally different.  Commercials are about portraying an image and it is OK to use different ways to accomplish the task.  Those are different from works that you need to keep your own sense of values.

Q:  Many people commented that your performance in the film is more intense than anticipated.

LMH: Oh, I thought people would think my performance is “Normal” (Average). [Chuckled] In fact, before the completion of the final editing, both the bed scenes and violence level are pretty explicit. My bed scenes that were edited out were not as explicit.  I was only sitting on the bed (topless) smoking and talking. Since it is not too related to the main story line, it was edited out.  Of course, that means the only scene that shows me taking off my top is gone [chuckled]. (@pixie0622, according to you, there is still one scene with a frontal view, right?)

Q:  Does it mean the most commercially valuable shot is missing [laugh]?

LMH: Hahaha, I worked hard with my trainer because of that scene.  I remembered when I took off my shirt and started filming that scene, I was thinking about saying farewell to all the workout (this part seems a bit odd, I am not entirely sure if it is what he meant).

Q: Many actors became famous after working in Kim Eun-sook’s drama (e.g. Lovers in Paris, Secret Garden, The Heirs).  And many flower boy actors turned into real actors after working with Yoo Ha.  You worked with both of them and you should be considered as a pretty smart actor.

LMH: The examples you brought up were not choices made strategically.  Of course, during the selection of a project, you would want to pick one that can be regarded as a masterpiece. However, more important is the content of the script. Ms. Kim Eun-sook is very intellectual and always writes lines that are memorable and yet very straight forward. I am also a straight forward person and therefore I like it a lot.  Director Yoo Ha’s works always have downhearted messages to convey and this film (Gangnam 1970) is even more so.  In order to deliver the message, there are many violent scenes in the film.  I personally like scripts that have special meanings and I am very glad I can work on it.

Q:  Since BOF, the Lee Min Ho we know is totally different from the character in this film. Would you consider it as a turning point of your career?

LMH: I am not the type of person that eagerly seeks recognition from others.  If I have that desire, I would have chosen a film as my next project right after BOF and I may not have picked “The Heirs”.  The same applies to “Gangnam 1970”.  I did not have the thought “It’s about time for me to play a manly role” on my mind when I picked this project.  At that time I felt it was the right time for the big screen and I met Director Yoo Ha.  Because I believe in him and trust him, I decided to accept the offer.

Q:  This is called the final film of the “Street Series” trilogy and is there any expectation or pressure on you?

LMH: I watched “Be with You” when I was in high school.  It was said to be a movie that truly reflected how high school students think and feel.  I still remembered I felt so good after watching it.  I watched “A Dirty Carnival” in my early 20s.  At that age I cared more about male friends than females.  The audiences thought the movie was great and cool.

Q: That was how you felt about Jo In-sung and Kwon Sang-woo.  Now there are many people looking at you and think you are very cool, right?

LMH: Haha, first of all, I can no longer be an objective audience.  Therefore, I do not think myself being very cool in the film. Looking back at the mud fighting scene, “it is not cool at all” would be how I feel. [Chuckled] This film is not meant to be cool.  There is a clear message that the director wants to convey.  After filming this movie, I am very grateful to be living in this generation.  Young people feeling hopeless at that time had no easy way to break through the suffocating situation.  I think we have more ways now to live a better life and pursue a brighter future.  I hope young people in their 20s can get this message.

Q: What you said about young people feeling hopeless impressed me. This is why Lee Min Ho also give us the impression of moving forward all the time.

LMH: Though I am not as desperate as Jong-dae, but there were times I also had that hopeless, depressing feeling. It was when I was in my early 20s before BOF.  It was a very dark period for me and because I have experienced that feeling, it is not hard to understand the character in the movie.

Q: “Gangnam 1970” is about friendship.  Have you ever been betrayed by a trusted friend?

LMH: No.

Q:  Your friends would not treat you like that?

LMH: Really no, those who might hurt me, I would avoid them. [Chuckled] I like kind people and fortunately, I have many around me. Therefore, I have never been hurt.  If one day I was betrayed, it would probably be a great blow to me.

Q:  “Land Jong Dae, Money Yong Ki” is the line from Kim Rae-won. Between land and money, which do you prefer in your personal investment?

LMH: Investment is something you need to put a lot of time and effort in order to do it right.  If I spend a lot of time on it, I probably won’t have time to do my job properly. I would rather focus on my job as an actor.  I feel that now is the time for me to move forward.

Part 2 of TENASIA Interview

Q:  You are now approaching 30, what do you think about being 28?

LMH: Ah.. (a deep sigh) really, I really don’t want to say goodbye to my 20s.

Q:  Is there an actor you want to be like when you are older?

LMH:  I don’t want to lose the boyish side of me.  In my 20s, I can show both my boyish side and my manly side.  However, once I passed 30, as a grown-up, I have to take more responsibilities about what I said.  If I joked or fooled around now, people would think it is not a big deal.  However, if I am still like this in my 30s, people would say something like “how can you still behave like this at this age” (Minho ssi, we like Lee 3-yr-old very much!!).  Therefore, because of how others might think about me, the burden of being older, and the worry that I may not be able to show the real me, I am a bit anxious.(He is not really answering the question or may be I got the question wrong)

Q: It might not be like what you imagine.  You actually talk better than you think…

LMH:  Hahaha, I think I cannot express myself very well, kind of like the arrogant Gu Joon Pyo in BOF? [Everybody burst out in laughter]

Q:  The Lee Min Ho in people’s eyes and the real Lee Min Ho, are they very different?

LMH: Very different. Strictly speaking, you would not be able to see the real me.  You only know me through my work and you would think I am someone “good looking, boring, self-centered”, right? (No no, Minho, we think you are funny, adorkable, caring and a bit clumsy) That’s why for those who met me for the first time would say, “I don’t know you are so funny”. In a way it is not a bad thing because it means I portrayed the characters in the drama well so that people have that impression.  I tend to think positively.

Q: Is this the age you should be dating someone?

LMH: I always want to fall in love.  I started paying attention to the opposite sex when I was a teenager. However, the goal for this year is to work harder than ever.  My schedule for this year has already been fully packed.  Even though I said I wanted to date, with my packed schedule, it would only hurt the girl involved.

Q: Love is not something you can plan ahead. What about an unexpected love?

LMH: Yea, so it is still possible? Hahaha!

Q:  What have you planned for this year?

LMH: I always have one project every year.  However, because of the postponed release of the movie, I didn’t have anything for last year.  Therefore, what I want to do this year is to have one movie and one drama.  Though nothing has been confirmed, but I hope to film a movie during mid-year and a drama in the latter half of the year.

Q: What do you think is the most important personality that a man should possess?

LMH: I think a man should have a sense of responsibility.  This includes many different aspects such as responsibility as a father, responsibility to your loved ones, responsible for what you said and what you did.

Q: Based on these standards, do you think Kim Jong-dae is a real man with a sense of responsibility?

LMH: Yes. He left home for a better future and most importantly he did that for his family.  Yong-ki only had eyes on money and Jong-dae had the foresight to acquire land.

Q: What about Lee Min Ho? Do you think you have a sense of responsibility?

LMH: My sense of responsibility is “SU~~PER STRONG”. (Everyone burst out in laughter again)  It’s true. The reason I work so hard is because of it.

Q:  Why do you have such a strong sense of responsibility?

LMH: To make it simple, I think it is mostly because I want to safeguard/protect the ones who are always watching me. One person knowing my story is very different from 100 people knowing my story.  Only by having a sense of responsibility I can be more convincing and be closer to those 100 people. If only 10 of them are happy with me and the remaining 90 are not, it will be very embarrassing.

Q: Being a super star loved by so many people, other than a sense of responsibility, it’s also easy to have a sense of superiority.

LMH: I don’t think I have any thoughts of being superior.  I always remind myself to stay humble and modest. Being humble is important so that you won’t forget about your self-esteem and self-confidence.

Q: Being a star, you have to exercise restraint as there are many people watching you. Recently, the public is very sensitive to the ethics and integrity of celebrities.

LMH: It is not possible to give up everything, you cannot live like that. Because I am a human being too, I want to go out and have fun.  The most I am able to do now is to go to nightclubs (not sure if this is really what he meant, I just translate from the Chinese word used in the Chinese version of the interview) once or twice a year.  This is pretty strict standard compared to others in my generation.  The acceptable boundary is one that would not create problems and I always make sure I don’t have any questionable items in my possession. I cannot foresee what would happen in the future.  Therefore, all I can do now is to remain 100% spotless clean.  That's all I can say.

Q: A very frank answer. So you are a classical, conservative, good-looking oppa.  You made people curious why you are so popular among young people [smile].

LMH: Haha, I think that’s all because of the characters I had in the drama. But I think there are a lot of young people out there that are not too fond of me. My look is either you like it or you don’t like it. It’s not a face that suits 2015. [Everyone burst out in laughter again] “My look is not very trendy” is what I think of myself.  I found it funny that when I filmed CF in Southeast Asia, I looked like someone from Southeast Asia. When I filmed CF in China, I looked like Chinese.  If you put me back to 1970s, I had that 1970 look too.  In a way, this is a good thing for an actor.  In any case, as long as I can attract the attention of young people, it will be good enough.

Q: Like the line “Land Jong Dae, Money Yong Ki”, how would you like to present yourself?

LMH: It shouldn’t be “Flower Boy” that kind of image. I want people to regard me as an actor with charisma. Pretty image? That is something I have to maintain, therefore, I need to keep filming CF! [Everybody laughed] Being a star, it is not hard to get rid of this title. People around me gave me the halo and title, however, after certain time, I want people to see me as actor Lee Min Ho.  I think that point of time will come soon and everything will be different.

@pinkmonste87 Chingu 20qklsx.gif
"Though nothing has been confirmed, but I hope to film a movie during mid-year and a drama in the latter half of the year."
54d1594673f8297cc24fb75dbf803d2389d3efa.smiley-love025.gif

P.S.:  Rumors have it that the movie is a Korean-Chinese production and the plot sounds very exciting! 
I SO LOVE THIS MAN!!! vil2_love.gif SMART, GROUNDED, HONEST, SIMPLE.  MAN WITH A BIG HEART.  
Thank you so much @pinkmonster87 for taking the time to translate and share this with us. Love this part, too:
Being a star, it is not hard to get rid of this title. People around me gave me the halo and title, however, after certain time, I want people to see me as actor Lee Min Ho.  I think that point of time will come soon and everything will be different.  z2_org.gifz2_org.gif

And this part: I am not the type of person that eagerly seeks recognition from others.  If I have that desire, I would have chosen a film as my next project right after BOF and I may not have picked “The Heirs”.  The same applies to “Gangnam 1970”.  I did not have the thought “It’s about time for me to play a manly role” on my mind when I picked this project.  At that time I felt it was the right time for the big screen and I met Director Yoo Ha.  Because I believe in him and trust him, I decided to accept the offer.

How right he is!  He was deluged with movie offers after BOF yet he declined because he didn't think he was ready.  The reference to Heirs may be due to the many dissenting opinions about him playing a high school kid, yet (again)....he proved everyone wrong.  He makes me take back my wish that he is managed by a bigger firm.  I think it's just right that he is where he is so he's free to pursue what he believes in his gut is the best thing to do.  LMH, Fighting!!!  
Jagiya.....64441a2fjw1ep7nlzhirnj20lw0lwjut.jpg

DAEBAK! Viewer's Choice Awards

In celebration of a fantastic year of K-dramas and K-variety shows, ONE has launched a pan-regional viewer’s choice voting contest.  Viewers will get to vote for their Daebak – which means ‘The Best’ in Korean –  TV moments and stand a chance to win exciting prizes worth over US$4,500, such as a 42’inch Sony BRAVIA TV and Running Man merchandise.

A total of five categories will be open to public for voting online through www.onetvasia.com/DAEBAK.  The categories include DAEBAK! Villain, DAEBAK! Crying Scene, DAEBAK! Hottie, DAEBAK! Couple and DAEBAK! LOL Moment. 

The two-week long online voting contest has started and will end on 15 February 2015, 11.59pm (SG/MY).  The winners of each category will be announced on the following week

(skipped unrelated.....)

3) DAEBAK! Hottie
- Lee Min Ho (The Inheritors)
- Kwon Sang Woo (Temptation)
- Kim Soo Hyun (My Love From The Star)
- Lee Seunggi (You're Surrounded)
- Rain (My Lovely Girl)

4) DAEBAK! Couple
- Rain & Kystal (My Lovely girl)
- Lee Jong Suk & Jin Se-yeon (Doctor Stranger)
- Lee Min Ho & Park Shin Hye (The Inheritors)
- Gu Hye Sun & Lee Sang Yoon (Angel Eyes)
- Kim Soo Hyun & Jun Ji Hyun (My Love From The Star)

ONE is available at:

Country    Cable Operator    Channel No.      
   MY         Astro B.yond       Ch 393    

source : koreancrazed

I'm still working on it, but I'd like to give you the first part I have worked.
TEN ASIA interview

Lee Min Ho "I will not make efforts to get rid of the 'star' title on purpose."

[There is an introduction to this article before Q and A.]

Maybe [all that needs] is just a strong blow. For an opportunity to wear a crown being called 'a star'. The drama 'Boys Over Flowers' was the strong blow for Lee Min Ho in this case. And he has been a star since then. [What he needs now is] a spring board to jump on so that an actor who has been consumed as 'an image' can be read as a 'story'. Watching 'Gangnam 1970' directed by Yoo Ha, I[the interviewer] thought Lee Min Ho already found the spring board for him.

Q: I have also heard that artists can be regarded as products. Even if this is the case, is there anything you still need to protect/defend?

LMH: I think the artistic part of a project is what an actor can participate the most. How to interpret and execute the details of a story and make it convincing is basically what acting is about. How to develop the personality and style of a character depends on the talent of the actor. On the other hand, CF is totally different. Commercials are about portraying an image and it is OK to use different ways to accomplish the task. Those are different from works that you need to keep your own sense of values.

I think an actor's ideas should be involved a lot in working projects[meaning dramas and movies]. How to unfold the story meant to be told is up to a director, and how to show it convincingly is up to an actor. After all, to show a character in his[or her] own style is up to the actor's talent in my opinion. On the other hand, commercial films are different. As CF is a work on creating images, I think it's okay to perform within a fixed[given] frame. CF is a little different field from acting projects where I should keep my values and self-esteem.

Q: Many people commented that your performance in the film is more intense than anticipated.

Many people commented that the level of the expression in the movie was rather strong.

LMH: Oh, I thought people would think my performance is “Normal” (Average). [Chuckled] In fact, before the completion of the final editing, both the bed scenes and violence level are pretty explicit.

Ah, really[?] Rather I felt it was quite normal. (chuckled) In fact, before the final editing the bed scenes and violent scenes were more explicit. After I had already watched them, I thought it became a little bit bland.

I remembered when I took off my shirt and started filming that scene, I was thinking about saying farewell to all the workout.

I remember as soon as I filmed that topless scene, I quit all the workout.

Q: Since BOF, the Lee Min Ho we know is totally different from the character in this film.

It[Gangnam 1970] is definitely in the opposite position from that of 'Boys Over Flowers' which made Lee Min Ho known to the world. I think it will be a turning point for Lee Min Ho.

LMH: I watched “Be with You” when I was in high school.

I watched 'Once upon a time in high school' when I was a high school student.

At that age I cared more about male friends than females. The audiences thought the movie was great and cool.

That was when I was interested in male friends more than females. At such age how did I feel watching a movie about betrayal between men? As a pure audience, I thought the movie was great and cool.

Looking back at the mud fighting scene, “it is not cool at all” would be how I feel. [Chuckled]

But about the very moment when I looked back at the mud fight scene... I thought 'this is a little bit cool.' (chuckled)

[The scene Minho himself thought that he was cool. ^^]

IlbZhPS.gif

This is the second part. I have to go home now.So I will try to work on the last part tonight.

Q: What you said about young people feeling hopeless impressed me. This is why Lee Min Ho also give us the impression of moving forward all the time.

Your remark 'youth with no way out to break through' was impressive because Lee Min Ho has an image of being successful all the time.

Q: Your friends would not treat you like that?

You flatly denied.

LMH: Really no, those who might hurt me, I would avoid them. [Chuckled]

Really, no. Maybe it seems that I avoided those people who might hurt me in advance. (chuckled) I don't know if by any chance there were some people who got hurt by me, on the contrary.

Q: Is there an actor you want to be like when you are older?

I heard some actors said that they wanted to get old quickly.

Q: It might not be like what you imagine. You actually talk better than you think…

By the way, you are different from what I expected. You talk better than I thought...

LMH: Hahaha, I think I cannot express myself very well, kind of like the arrogant Gu Joon Pyo in BOF? [Everybody burst out in laughter]

Hahaha, did you expect that I would talk poorly? Like arrogant Gu Jun Pyo? (everybody LOL)

[i don't know if foreign fans are aware of it, but Gu Jun Pyo had a trait that he made a mistake in speaking, especially when he tried to quote a proverb or something like that.]

LMH: Very different. Strictly speaking, you would not be able to see the real me. You only know me through my work and you would think I am someone “good looking, boring, self-centered”, right? That’s why for those who met me for the first time would say, “I don’t know you are so funny”.

Very different. Strictly speaking, the audiences rarely saw the real me. I think that because they saw me only through my works, they think I am somewhat decent, humorless, and self-centered. Therefore, I often hear "Little did I know that you're funny like this." from people who met me for the first time.

LMH: Yes. He left home for a better future and most importantly he did that for his family. Yong-ki only had eyes on money and Jong-dae had the foresight to acquire land.

Yes. He surely ran for a way out for his better future, but he never forgot his family. Yong-Gi was the character who sought the near money, but Jong-Dae was the one who sought the far away land. I saw it was refreshing.

LMH: To make it simple, I think it is mostly because I want to safeguard/protect the ones who are always watching me. One person knowing my story is very different from 100 people knowing my story. Only by having a sense of responsibility I can be more convincing and be closer to those 100 people. If only 10 of them are happy with me and the remaining 90 are not, it will be very embarrassing. [There was another sentence at the end of this paragraph. I want to add this below.]

I intend to keep a sense of responsibility to be an honorable person to myself.

LMH: I don’t think I have any thoughts of being superior. I always remind myself to stay humble and modest. Being humble is important so that you won’t forget about your self-esteem and self-confidence.

I don't think I have any sense of superiority. For all that, I don't think I should be humble all the time, either. I try to be humble basically, but I try not to lose self esteem and self-confidence at the same time.

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

hi minoz  >:D<

Let me claim this sexy namja, woaaahh I like man who wears glasses so much
Jagiya!!! :x :x :x
How come he looks so good in all outfit from TNGT? :)

Why your come back drama must be at the end of the year? I miss you much!
B9t89VJCcAEbKbb.jpg

B9uMmE_IAAExe9i.jpg
cr. 악동이:( @Minojennalee

Guest minksquared

@pinkmonster87 & @zinnia - thank you so much for taking time to translate the article. LMH responded very maturely in all the questions (with humour injected whenever possible too!) and he really is an actor who thinks far and ahead in everything he does. I love seeing the 'responsible' and 'honourable' side of him through this interview. Not to mention the FA shared earlier on how he tries to remember his fans and asks of their wellbeing. Truly world class :)
This guy! Good looking and humble with a huge sense of responsibility :-bd really daebak!!

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Thanks @pinkmonster87 & @zinnia,

Uri namja is the man to give smart and entertaining answers.
People should know we admire him not only for his incredible good looks but also he's such an inspiration for all his fans.
His positive attitude and man with high sense of responsibility is beyond charming for me, so you got me forever as your fan, Minho jagiya :))

And now he even tease me with the glasses. No way I can escape from him forever!

He gave smart answers for each question. I wont be surprise if the interviewer is a woman and single, she'll fall in love with him for sure ;)

This is the last part.

LMH: It is not possible to give up everything, you cannot live like that. Because I am a human being too, I want to go out and have fun. The most I am able to do now is to go to nightclubs once or twice a year. This is pretty strict standard compared to others in my generation. The acceptable boundary is one that would not create problems and I always make sure I don’t have any questionable items in my possession. I cannot foresee what would happen in the future. Therefore, all I can do now is to remain 100% spotless clean. That's all I can say.

Actually, it is not possible for me to give up everything. I can't live like that. Because I'm a human being too, I go to a club once or twice a year when I want to have fun. I have a notion that I will relieve [the stress] as much as possible within a line I draw. Nevertheless, I can say that I am somewhat stricter compared with others of my age. I have a notion that I should try my best not to make any problems and that I should evade anything that can cause troubles. However, life is anything but we can predict. I don't know what will happen to me in the future. Therefore, I can't say that I will be able to be 100% spotless continuously.

In any case, as long as I can attract the attention of young people, it will be good enough.

Anyway, I want to appeal to young people continuously.

LMH: It shouldn’t be “Flower Boy” that kind of image. I want people to regard me as an actor with charisma. Pretty image? That is something I have to maintain, therefore, I need to keep filming CF! [Everybody laughed] Being a star, it is not hard to get rid of this title. People around me gave me the halo and title, however, after certain time, I want people to see me as actor Lee Min Ho. I think that point of time will come soon and everything will be different.

I don't think something like 'a flower boy' is appropriate. (chuckled) Rather, I want to hear people say that I'm an attractive actor. A beauty image? That is something I have to maintain. Therefore, I can keep cf contracts. (Everybody LOL) I will not make efforts to get rid of the star title on purpose. Much as the audiences gave me a title of a star spontaneously, I believe that people will begin seeing me as an actor rather than a star in a certain period of time. I'm still running with a belief that the moment will come.

zinnia said: I'm still working on it, but I'd like to give you the first part I have worked.
TEN ASIA interview

Lee Min Ho "I will not make efforts to get rid of the 'star' title on purpose." 

Q: I have also heard that artists can be regarded as products. Even if this is the case, is there anything you still need to protect/defend?

LMH: I think the artistic part of a project is what an actor can participate the most. How to interpret and execute the details of a story and make it convincing is basically what acting is about. How to develop the personality and style of a character depends on the talent of the actor. On the other hand, CF is totally different. Commercials are about portraying an image and it is OK to use different ways to accomplish the task. Those are different from works that you need to keep your own sense of values.

I think an actor's ideas should be involved a lot in working projects[meaning dramas and movies]. How to unfold the story meant to be told is up to a director, and how to show it convincingly is up to an actor. After all, to show a character in his[or her] own style is up to the actor's talent in my opinion. On the other hand, commercial films are different. As CF is a work on creating images, I think it's okay to perform within a fixed[given] frame. CF is a little different field from acting projects where I should keep my values and self-esteem.