Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest sunnydays.

SUPERRR excited. :D Congratulations to Dongwan & his AMAZING 1st album!

I love his songs. Seriously... I can't wait to see him perform again. (:

He did great at his debut, & I know he'll just get even better.

Thanks so much for the album info & all the pictures.

He looks so GORGEOUS. =D

Kim Dongwan hwaiting<3

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilaznangel5543

I just saw a little clip of Dongwan at Mc Mong's radio station

and they were performing 3 Musketeers.

That song is really cute. too bad i don't understand it lols.

Guest prizzyy

Also, today, Wannie's album went No.1 on Hanteo Chart

WOOT WOOT! the power of us! xDD

wow it even beat ftts?! woo!

i keep listening to every track! love it to bits :lol:

Guest nvr2clich3

intereresting~

i havent heard all of his album, but im assuming SCREAM is a remake of japanese groups GLAYxEXILE's 'SCREAM'.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHhYbliYjhA)

different feel... he did it pretty well though ^^

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT!

i was thinking its got a japanese flavor to that song!

Now i know why!

Its great since we know wannie likes japanese, esp rock music!

In fact i thought his album will turn out to be a rock album! wahaha.

Guest Narda

Track 8 is really good. Loving Summer/I Like Summer feat. Andy.

*currently listening to it right now*

Guest susiee

Ahh! WANNIEEE~<33

I need to get his album! T___T

But I've never tried to order on Annyoung.com before [[kinda nercous to]] and Yesasia stopped taking money orders T__T I've heard so0 much good things about his album! And I especially love it that every Shinhwa member contributed in this album. <33 I also love the other artists that are featured in some of his songs (such as Byul & MC Mong). I wish our Dongwannie the best on his first solo album! No doubt it'll get much recognition! :D

I believe you can still order it from Shinhwachangjo.net! it might be a lil more expensive than getting it from Annyoung (I paid ~$26 to ship to the US) but it comes with free gifts + they buy it directly from korea so that it will help his actual sales chart in korea =)

Guest rlyn_xen

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT!

i was thinking its got a japanese flavor to that song!

Now i know why!

Its great since we know wannie likes japanese, esp rock music!

In fact i thought his album will turn out to be a rock album! wahaha.

Seems like he's a fan of EXILE. Didn't he sing "Tada Aitakute" in a fanmeeting before?

But I'm used to listening to the original version, so watching the performance was a little weird for me. It's definitely different. I'm glad that he did it with his own style though. He should do a special collaboration with GLAY and EXILE, mixing the two languages. That'd be cool. ^^*

Guest prizzyy

lol, i think that MY LOVE (ft Eric) does sound abit like liar! :lol:

perhaps its ricwan, thats why i feel this way!

love all the tracks! SCREAM always reminds me of his perf at the 2006 SOTA concert! something hip hop!

his showcase on scream was awesome! <333

now i keep listening to the album! esp handkerchief <3 and hyesung duet! <33

thanx for posting up the sexy new pics of wannie. although i'm not used to seeing a leaner dongwan. what is it about shinhwa members losing weight for their solo albums?

i love his album! specially i like summer and love is miserable (been listening to this over and over again!) my love sounds a little bit like liar. but i find all his songs good!

Guest kittywan

lol, i think that MY LOVE (ft Eric) does sound abit like liar! :lol:

perhaps its ricwan, thats why i feel this way!

Exactly what I felt when I first heard the song!

It does have the same feel as Liar!

And I guess it's another reason to why I love this song so much ^^

XDDD

Guest chopsticksandspoon

LOL, SCREAM is one of my fave tracks!~ i also love track #6!~ gahhh!!!!! Love.. Poor? well, i really LOVE evry track so yeah....

wan is also a HUGE fan of X-Japan. he said so in his diary entry a couple, of years back, was it last year? or maybe it was in 2005? i have the diary entry printed out but i can't remember where i put it.

he said something along these lines:

japan is very different from korea.

in korea, people care about the artist's looks. looks is everything!

but in japan, it is different.

ah! X-Japan is really a talented group! and they have been around for a very long time already too!

ah! when (?) sings, it's really great! and (?)'s fashion is really outrageous! and (?) is really great with guitars! *add more fanboyish comments here*

really, when i go to japan, MUST STALK THEM!

LOL. sad thing is x-japan already disbanded. they tried to re-group but one of their members committed suicide so they chose to not re-group instead, because it wouldn;t be X-Japan anymore without one of them. you gusys hould have sen the funeral for the member, really touching.. it was like seeing Shinhwa's strong friendship...

AND MY LOVE!~ wa.. RICWAN LOVE!~ MY LOVE is such a wonderful track. especially that it's got a woodong flavor to it. i mean. minu composed the song, and RICWAN sang it. gah, it sounds so SEXAAAYYY!~

man, THE YSMM was sucha treat! i watched it live through tvants and i was like O_O glued to the screen!~ haha!~

thanks for the links..

wan really is just adorable.... man, this is why i love him so much... :D

EDITT:::

oh!~ scream is playing right now!!!! *bangs head*

Guest La'MISS:fairy

I just finished romanizing most of the songs, I left 4 out, I'll do them later today perhaps.

Don't forget that Wan will be on SBS Inkigayo on July 8 ^^ (in a little over 10 hours from this post)

he's scheduled to perform both 손수건 and Scream again~

Guest hahaheehee

I just found out about the existance of this thread!!! Makes me so warm and happy and fuzzy. I've ordered my copy of Dongwan's 1st jib from Shinhwachangjo.net, and it's already on its way to Singapore!!! Yay!!! :w00t:

I love the 3 preview songs, and although I wasn't digging Scream at first (am not really into Rock stuff), after listening to it for a few times, it's starting to grow on me! It's a quite a catchy head-banging song really. And I saw that Glay X Exile video clip of Scream too -- I think both versions of the song are pretty awesome!

Dongwan really rocked at the mNet countdown, his dance for Scream really surprised me. It was so charismatic, so smooth and fluid. Ahhhhh. <3 I was watching the clips from the countdown during work and it put me in such a good and smiley mood! I was just spazzing and smiling away at my screen. hahaha.

The clip of Dongwan and MC Mong dancing around while singing Three Musketeers was really cute too! Wannie was cute and hot and his dancing.... hahaha really really adorable.

And thank you La'MISS:fairy for starting this thread and all the romanizations and lyrics of the songs! Now I can try to sing along!!! :lol:

Can't wait for him to appear on Inkigayo, and hopefully other gameshows or variety programmes too!!!

Dongwan fighting!!!

If you guys didn't download MC Mongs radio show with Dongwan, you should do it. It's really cute and informative.

I didn't know the reason his album got delayed for a week was because he singing voice had paralyzed which was caused by stress. Poor Dongwan.

Dongwan lost 6 kg but gained 2 kg back. DW said he stopped working out his muscles and ran instead for his album and lost weight.

MC Mong favorite song in the album is Loving Summer feat. Andy. MC Mong was giving little preview of the songs in DW's album but when it came to Loving Summer, he wanted to play it long and dance to it. MC Mong said he loves this song so much he made dance to it. LOL!

MC Mong talks about how DW used to take him home on a scooter and DW was the only one who used to have hand-phone. This was long time ago when the hand-phone charge was very expensive so if his friends wanted to use it DW used to charge them 200 won. MC Mong said DW used to carry piggy bank to put the coins in (for 200 won DW was charging his friends to use the phone). LOL!

I guess it only took 2 days to sell 25,000 copies (DW's album) and MC Mong kept on saying it took him one month to sell 25,000 copies for his album. LOL!

Oh, MC Mong made mistake and said 5 Shinhwa members and DW said "there's 6 im-ma!" LOL! "im-ma" is not really a cussing/bad word but it was funny DW naturally called MC Mong that on a live radio show. LOL!

Guest susiee

MC Mong favorite song in the album is Loving Summer feat. Andy. MC Mong was giving little preview of the songs in DW's album but when it came to Loving Summer, he wanted to play it long and dance to it. MC Mong said he loves this song so much he made dance to it. LOL!

I guess it only took 2 days to sell 25,000 copies (DW's album) and MC Mong kept on saying it took him one month to sell 25,000 copies for his album. LOL!

OMG thanks for the recap!! must go watch that now ^^

....puahahahaha.....the idea of MC Mong spazzing over a wannie song is hilarious <3333

and i'm so glad to hear that wannie's album has been a success so far!! Did it really take MC mong a whole month to sell as many albums as it took dongwan 2 days?? wowww that's so impressive! cuz mc mong is awesome too!

Thanks for the links to the YSMM show , DW is great there!!

I just got my CD today from Annyoung!! It is in a really great package with a package of the cover shoot photos included in the cd box with the booklet. Wow he is just so handsome, but of course he always is!!

You must live very close too. I got mine today too! So excited. It is beautifully packaged.

MC Mong made a comment in his show regarding the packaging...."looks like you spent money" LOL! Dongwan gave MC Mong signed CD.

Thanks for the links to the YSMM show , DW is great there!!

I just got my CD today from Annyoung!! It is in a really great package with a package of the cover shoot photos included in the cd box with the booklet. Wow he is just so handsome, but of course he always is!!

Archived