Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

dongwan was uber funni in manwoo happiness...esp the cooking part...let me do some caps........

LOL omg ty haha i would want to taste dongwan's dish =P i bet it would taste good cuz he made it!! haha but true like mommie alice said in reality it mite not taste good. haha i hope it DOES taste good. hehe he such a dork covered himself with a mask and all hahaha and those lonng chopsticks man those were funni

Guest lovegoodfood

Dong won ia really sweet and super funny.......wear those mask as he cook..lol!!!!!u r a really darling~~~~~~ i laughed the whole day seeing him do that!!!!!

Guest sunnydays.

dongwan was uber funni in manwoo happiness...esp the cooking part...let me do some caps........

The cutie jumping around again...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Fa...i_002449046.jpg

LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OMGGG. XD;

I knew I should've stayed up to catch this. Grr, I feel angry at myself now. x__x;

But anyway, thanks so much for the pictures!

AHHH Dongwan is WAY too cute. & Funny. The mask this is hilarious. XDD;;

Can't wait to see the whole of it on youtube or something. (:

Also, star golden bell! I should've watched that, too. Dongwan was on it. D:

Is there still a Speed English segment on that show?

Thanks everyone for the pictures, information, & CB downloads. :D

I know the dish was not good because the lady he gave to said, "I cannot say it's good" LOL! But she was very moved by his gesture and wanted to take it home to share with her husband.

LOL omg ty haha i would want to taste dongwan's dish =P i bet it would taste good cuz he made it!! haha but true like mommie alice said in reality it mite not taste good. haha i hope it DOES taste good. hehe he such a dork covered himself with a mask and all hahaha and those lonng chopsticks man those were funni

There was not Speed English segment in DW's show. I don't know if they still do it but did not see it in DW's.DW was so embarassed because hosts asked him to sing Handkerchief live and as he was singing, his voice squeaked/cracked so he stopped and started laughing. Hosts tried to defend him by saying they are filming very early in the morning and it's hard for singers. Only thing was everyone else who sang live did not have problem except DW. They did give him second chance and he did good second time around.

Hosts said they put the girls who likes Shinhwa in his lineup and when ask the girl behind DW who was her favorite, she said Andy and Minwoo. And the girl behind her (Eva) said, Eric. And the last girl (comedian) said she liked NRG group that time. Host finally asked the announcer/hostess from Sang Sang Plus and she said she is DW's fan BUT she likes him more as an actor than singer. It was so funny when DW immediately got up and said "What's wrong with my singing?"

He is such a cutie pie!

Also, star golden bell! I should've watched that, too. Dongwan was on it. D: Is there still a Speed English segment on that show?

this weekend was such a treat in terms of dongwan goodness! :D

come to play, golden bell, manwon happiness...

i haven't had the chance to watch golden bell yet, but i absolutely loved the woodong in come to play

and dongwan was such an adorable dork in manwon happiness - i almost died laughing when he came out in his cooking outfit! <3 can't wait for next week's episode

There was not Speed English segment in DW's show. I don't know if they still do it but did not see it in DW's.DW was so embarassed because hosts asked him to sing Handkerchief live and as he was singing, his voice squeaked/cracked so he stopped and started laughing. Hosts tried to defend him by saying they are filming very early in the morning and it's hard for singers. Only thing was everyone else who sang live did not have problem except DW. They did give him second chance and he did good second time around.

Hosts said they put the girls who likes Shinhwa in his lineup and when ask the girl behind DW who was her favorite, she said Andy and Minwoo. And the girl behind her (Eva) said, Eric. And the last girl (comedian) said she liked NRG group that time. Host finally asked the announcer/hostess from Sang Sang Plus and she said she is DW's fan BUT she likes him more as an actor than singer. It was so funny when DW immediately got up and said "What's wrong with my singing?"

He is such a cutie pie!

thanks for sharing that mommie Alice! i don't think golden bell will be subbed so it's nice to know what he's saying lol

dongwan is such a cutie pie!

actually, personally i love dongwan's voice the most out of shinhwa, even more than my love minwoo and the angelic voice hyesung

it has this nice texture that really appeals to me, and i can always pick his parts out of shinhwa songs he does have a tendency to go out of tune sometimes when he's singing live, but when he's in tune, it's pure heaven :lol:

^ thanks for the tidbits, mommie alice. :D i don't think the dish tasted that great either based on the woman's initial reaction. keke... but i'm glad she's touched. i would, too! XD

for star golden bell, i watched that and sorta got the gist of what was going on. couldn't help but laugh when the girls in his line didn't name him as a fave. :rolleyes:

just watched come to play with wannie and minbong. they're sooo cute and funny together on the show!! wish i could understand more of what's going on. :P

Guest theLEGEND

Also, star golden bell! I should've watched that, too. Dongwan was on it. D:

Is there still a Speed English segment on that show?

There's no longer "Speed English" on the show. I think they eliminated that segment about two or three weeks ago? They've changed it to "Global Talk Quiz" and I personally think that "Speed English" is so much more interesting and entertaining than "Global Talk Quiz" :)

Anyway.. Thank you so much for the caps. LOL! It's so hillarious. I cracked up so bad when I saw him with his mask on. I have so many shows to catch up. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Guest hahaheehee

LOL! Thanks to all for the Dongwan goodies, especiallly those caps of Manwon Happiness. I almost burst out laughing when I saw Dongwan reappear with his "fire-prevention" gear. He is such a dork! But a cute lovable dork!

I haven't watched Star Golden Bell, Manwon or Come To Play. I haven't even watched Old TV! And the MBC Couple (is that what it's called?) show and Jipizi (??). Ahhh I am so behind all the Dongwan goodies. But I'm gonna wait it out for the Chinese subs to come along! Hopefully I'll be able to translate some bits and pieces based on the Chinese subs.

Come To Play sounds really cute... Hope to see some Woodong love <3

Looking forward to Manwon Happiness the most! I love that show and after seeing the caps, it looks like it's a MUST WATCH!

Thanks to all for your info/caps again, Dongwan never fails to put a smile on my face. :)

(and still listening to his album to death!)

Guest sunnydays.

He is such a cutie pie!

Thanks very much, mommy alice. :D Hahaha, aww poor Dongwan! He always laughs whenever he messes up~ Ahh, those girls don't know what they're saying (even though Eric is my first favorite... LOL). Hahaha, Dongwannie! There is nothing wrong with his singing. (: He's great. <3

actually, personally i love dongwan's voice the most out of shinhwa, even more than my love minwoo and the angelic voice hyesung

it has this nice texture that really appeals to me, and i can always pick his parts out of shinhwa songs he does have a tendency to go out of tune sometimes when he's singing live, but when he's in tune, it's pure heaven :lol:

Same here! Dongwan's my favorite vocalist in Shinhwa. (: His voice has a different kind of power in it... I love the tone of his voice, & he sounds so soulful. Plus his vibratto... I love it. XD; Dongwan has gotten so much better singing live... I think now, he sounds better singing Handkerchief live than his CD recording. XD; Or maybe it's just preference, I don't know... but yeah, anyway. :P

There's no longer "Speed English" on the show. I think they eliminated that segment about two or three weeks ago? They've changed it to "Global Talk Quiz" and I personally think that "Speed English" is so much more interesting and entertaining than "Global Talk Quiz" :)

Awww, that's sad to hear. =\ Thanks for the info though, MJ! (: Speed English was so funny! And plus, I could understand it. XD; Gahh, I loved seeing some of the artists trying to speak english... LOLOL. so funny~ & I was looking forward to seeing Dongwan speak english, too... :P

I started translating Come to Play with Minwoo and Dongwan but it's taking alot longer than I tought. The whole show was about them so it's alot of translating.

So what I'm going to do is post part by part but eventually I'll put everything together and post it in Shinhwa forum in Soompi, shinhwachangjo, and shinhwa.biz (unless someone beats me to it).

This is Dongwan's portion of the chart. Have to go to sleep so I can go to work tomorrow so I probably continue translating tomorrow. I did finish Minwoo's portion of the chart so if you want to read that, please go to Minwoo's thread in Korean Music section. Anyway, here it is.

(Dongwan’s Chart)

YJS: Past woman story. Park Kyungrim, who recently got married.

DW: With Kyungrim, we are old friends…she’s not past woman..

YJS: You sang congratulatory song at her wedding. So what were you thinking being at close friend’s wedding?

DW: In reality, I didn’t sing good on purpose. I felt little “sadness”…not because my woman left me but because thinking my close friend is now a wife of one man.

Minwoo: You feel “sad” in that situation?

KWH: Didn’t you have ex-girlfiend who got married?

Minwoo: I congratulated her…my first love…she’s married and have child.

KJM: What’s her initials?

YJS: Next…Eric is “chun-juk” (natural enemy)?

DW: Cannot say he’s enemy but he made alot of nicknames for me.

YJS: What did he nickname you?

DW: Recently, he called me double PD. PD is short version of “pa-dak, pa-dak” (this is just a expression of movement). My movements are sometimes over reaction…eventhough when I know I’m acting “pa-dak” when someone actual tell you, you feel little hurt…

DW: Even when I’m working out, he (Eric) would said, “YA!, Dongwan you are all muscle, but Minwoo is “mohm-jjang”(body work of art?) In other words you are “meat”!

M: Eric does not say things out of bad feeling but loves to tease. For example, when Dongwan does push ups, Eric would lift Dongwan up so that he can’t use any strength.

(Dongwan and Minwoo demonstrated what Eric would do.)

YSJ: Is there other nicknames Eric gave you?

DW: When I used to work out seriously, when I had no fat but muscles, I had a lot of wrinkles,.so he called me “old man”.

M: Dongwan used to get stressed because of that.

KWH: So nicknames in the beginning was “Cool Guy”, “Wit Guy”, then “Old Man”…”Pa-dak, Pa-dak”.

YJS: Wow, Lee Hyori…what’s this rejection?

DW: It’s not rejection but during high school, we had blind date. I wore pants that was more tightfitting than now and Hyori wore hip-hop pants. Our fashion sense was different…Hyori did not like it and I wasn’t too thrilled about her either. I didn’t understand girls wearing hip-hop pants so it wasn’t rejection but just didn’t like each other. Both of us did not request “after” date request.

YJS: It’s little after you saw her again, did you recognize her?

DW: Yes, I recognized her. I even called her. I would say, it’s Dongwan and then laugh and hang up…because it was embaraasing.

(Talks about Noh Hyungchul almost had blind date with Lee Hyori too.)

(Talks about Kim Jongmin and Hyori.)

Guest nurkeyandie

hi, everyone! i think this is the first time i'm posting on this thread. for me, dongwan is the funniest shinhwa member. :lol: i just watched clips of manwon happiness and it was so funny! it was kinda tragicomic though when he went to the supermarket! it's funny how he had rice with him and all (in those little containers in his yellow lunchbag!) and he was eating the free samples (that was really smart of him) but i kinda felt sorry for him too! i mean, it's a good thing he's a star (i doubt the salespeople would let ordinary people eat a lot of the samples)...and his cooking 'gear' - i almost fell off my bed when i saw him jump up and down after his jacket almost caught fire and he went 'otoke?!?' hahahaha! anyway, thanks guys for the wannie goodies in this thread! :D

edit: i just saw the manwon clip of wannie in the car on the way to park kyung lim's wedding and he wasn't wearing his seatbelt! >.< isn't there a 'click it or ticket' law in korea? tsk, tsk...come to think of it, i don't think i've seen any of the boys wearing seatbelts (except for that clip where they were in a race car or something)... >.<

Guest jerrybabie26

i finally got to watch manwon... is there are part 2 to that?... wannie's so funnie... and his bag! ohmygosh... he had it everywhere... it was so out of character that it seemed to fit him hahahaha i was wondering what the guy at the supermarket was thinking about wannie... eating his free food and wannie with a lunchbox of rich hahahaha... the cooking part was priceless, the way he kept jumping up and down when the fire almost burned him hahahaha, was that really his house? he's kinda messy lol

thanks mommy alice again for the translation to come to play... managed to understand quite a bit of the show while watching it... woodong was priceless in that epi... and how wannie seemed to keep apologizing for being the reason for minu leaving... he seemed so guilty lol

i was hoping he'd do a special stage with minu @ music bank... heheheh wishful thinking... but it would be nice to see minu perform Handkerchief and wannie perform STOMP lol okay so it probably doesn't seem very realistic... hahahaha... but i really wish he'd do a special stage with hyesung... that seems more realistic :P

are there any shows where all three of them would be appearing in?

Yes, there's 2nd part to it. It'll show coming Saturday.

i finally got to watch manwon... is there are part 2 to that?... wannie's so funnie... and his bag! ohmygosh... he had it everywhere... it was so out of character that it seemed to fit him hahahaha i was wondering what the guy at the supermarket was thinking about wannie... eating his free food and wannie with a lunchbox of rich hahahaha... the cooking part was priceless, the way he kept jumping up and down when the fire almost burned him hahahaha, was that really his house? he's kinda messy lol

Guest sunnydays.

mommy alice, you are wonderful. (: Thank you so much for that translation! I'm looking forward to reading the rest. but wow, I didn't know they were talking about that... XD; When I watched it, all I could tell was that they were talking about Eric. But OMG poor Dongwan! Haha, Eric is a meanie~ But it's funny, i've always known their relationship to be... "mean" towards one another. Haha. :P "Old man." LOL! Dongwan is so cute. =D

Andie, OMG! I was thinking the same thing! xD; I was like, "AHH DONGWAN IS GOING TO DIE IF HE GETS IN A CAR ACCIDENT!" u__u tsk tsk~ I watched parts of Manwon Happiness too. I love the supermarket & the cooking parts. HE'S SO STRANGE! XD; In the supermarket, he's eating off of the free tastes like nobody's business... then does that Eusha Eusha dance... then helps the ladies with the free taste stuff. XD; He's so funny~ & the cooking. HAHAHAHAHA OMG, when he's jumping around, he's so adorable~ LOL & the face mask. Omg. I couldn't stop laughing. & the fire... LOL. he's going to get the house on fire. XD;

Guest pitchyaa

thnaks a lot for the translation in come to play...

i haven't watched it yet though but i saw the pics of it.....soooo funny

and OMG manwon happiness.. i got to watch this show wanny was such adorable in this LOL

Okay, here's the second part of Dongwan's part in Come to Play.

I don't have time to check for typo nor for grammar. Have to go to sleep to go to work.

Anyway, I'm going to post the full translation with Dongwan and Minwoo in Shinhwa thread in Soompi, Shinhwachangjo, and shinhwa.biz.

(Dongwan’s Oh! Yes Questions)

KJM: Don’t we have to see Minwoo dance?

KWH: We didn’t see him dance with squid on his face.

M: You wear squid?

KWH: Yes. You have to wear squid and dance as a penalty.

KJM: You have to dance to your new album song.

DW: Album just came out and have to wear squid and dance?

YJS: Question: I can’t say anything about dancing but when it comes to acting, I can say I’m better actor than Minwoo.

DW: Yes. Minwoo didn’t have time to put efforts into acting like I did…instead Minwoo is putting a lot of time in music, like producing and writing songs

M: Dongwan started writing songs first.

DW: Minwoo has better talent in writing songs.

M: These days, people multi-talented…he should take challenge to comedy

DW: I’m not funny.

KHC: He (DW) sound like Yoo Shaeyun.

(DW acting out Yoo Shaeyun)

DW: I don’t think I’ll make as comedian.

YJS: No you are a “wit guy”

M: He likes writing so he’ll be good as a writer.

DW: Can’t write for long time so I gave up…so just singing and acting.

(They talk about Kim Jongmin and what he wants to do)

(They decide to ask question that was asked to Minwoo about celebrity girl rejecting)

DW: I was interested so I sent text message. I sent 4 text messages and I got return message that said, “sorry but I have boyfriend”.

YJS: So did you reply back?

DW: I replied back saying, “I picked the right/good person since you are straight forward with your answer.” I didn’t mean anything by it but Eric checked the text message and teased me for 2 months. Everytime there’s a situation, Eric would say, “Dongwan, I knew I didn’t pick the right person”. When we had a Shinhwa meeting, Eric would say, “Dongwan, we have Shinhwa meeting and I knew I didn’t pick the wrong person…”

KWH: Don’t you feel awkward when you meet because of work-related?

DW: We met once and it was awkward.

M: I envy Minwoo for even after separation you can still contact each other.

KWH: Is she an actress?

DW: Yes, she is an actress.

KWH: Question: When it comes to sexyness, I’m always jealous of Minwoo.

(KWH tries to convince DW to say yes)

DW: Yes

YJS: Eventhough you are friends, you feel envy sometimes?

DW: Yes, when he is on stage…not only on stage but in Music Video, I Pray for You, Minwoo wakes up after sleeping on the boat and I want to do that expression but I can’t do it.

DW: When we were filming MV, there was typhoon in Bankok, there were a lot of rain (so no sunlight) but when he got filming light, he did the scene right away.

M: When they put the light to me it felt like sunlight.

(DW tries acting out waking up because of the sunlight)

DW: sorry…

(MC’s asked Kim Jongmin to try it)

(DW asked YJS to try it)

(Next is KWH’s turn)

KJM: Question: If I were female, I would like Minwoo as my boyfriend.

(YJS tries to convince DW to say no by saying remember he’s the one who made fun of your dance and if DW say yes, then he has to date Minwoo for at least 1-2 years)

DW: I can’t hear anything…all I hear is chattering.

DW: Yes.

(YJS got excited because he thought DW said no)

DW: I think Minwoo treated his girlfriend the best (among Shinhwa). When we are busy it’s hard to give them time but Minwoo makes time and efforts.

KHC: Do you do “events”?

M: Talking about “events”, I remember…when it was one week anniversary, at 12 o’clock, I wanted to show her the sea but I didn’t think I can make it on time. I recorded song for her and had the CD in the car. Just 5 minutes before 12 o’clock, I thought this is not going to work because we won’t make it to the sea on time so I stopped the car and it was cold. She keep on try to listen to CD so I told her listen to the radio. I got off the car and she asked me where I was going. I told her I think there’s something wrong with the car but instead of going to the front of the car, I went to the trunk. She said why are you going to the trunk when you said there’s something wrong with the car? I opened the trunk and put on tuxedo and everytime car passed by it was cold because I was changing. I had cake with candle that sparkles and told her to turn on the CD. I sprayed snow (can) and took the cake to her and sang for our one week anniversary. I did event like that. She cried. She was the type who doesn’t say thank you.

DW: Talking about event remind me…

DW: On her birthday I was going to sing happy birthday to her so I used speaker feature on the phone and sang with my guitar…I finished my first verse and she said, “oppa, I’m tired so I’m going to sleep.”

(Last place: Minwoo, Noh Hyungchul, and Yoo Jaesuk dance to Minwoo’s song)

Credits: translation by mommie Alice, Soompi, shinhwachangjo, shinhwa.biz

thanks again mommie Alice for the come to play translations! you're a lifesaver <3

i was hoping he'd do a special stage with minu @ music bank... heheheh wishful thinking... but it would be nice to see minu perform Handkerchief and wannie perform STOMP lol okay so it probably doesn't seem very realistic... hahahaha... but i really wish he'd do a special stage with hyesung... that seems more realistic :P

haha, dongwan sure loves his bags! i remember junjin once mentioned that dongwan used to carry this medical bag around all the time? it'd never leave his side, and if it did go missing, dongwan would freak out and shout out "where's my bag?!"

dongwan's such a cutie ^_^

it'd be awesome if dongwan and minwoo did a special stage together! remembers back to "I Pray 4 U" performance on love letter~

but you're right! maybe dongwan and hyesung will do one together? *is hopeful*

Guest fallen_angel

i was wondering if anyone was subbing the manwon happiness episode with dongwan?? if someone was that would be great!!! =D

Guest misskorea

I'm so glad that he made a solo album

he really deserves it! He's so professionnal singer

and he's so funny^^

kim DongWan FIGHTING!