Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest adikkeluangman

Dongwan & Valerie’s duet song

April 24, 2008

dongwanvaleriexf5.jpg

Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan sang an English song called “You Don’t Know Me” with Jade Valerie Villalon, who before going solo was the vocalist of the group Sweet Box.

This duet song, with evident electronic sounds in it, is included in Jade Valerie’s first solo album called “Out of the Box” as a bonus track in the Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Asian release of the album. According to Sony BMG, the distributor of Jade Valerie’s solo album, it is discussing with Kim Dongwan’s label on the possibility of recording a Korean version of the song, which Kim Dongwan had requested.

Source: Starnews + krnloop

Guest 80slitenite

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they really do sing that song in Korean for Wannie! He's so smart for requesting this. This is great!

We should all go comment on Jade's youtube to tell her to record the Korean version. lol.

April 24, 2008

Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan sang an English song called “You Don’t Know Me” with Jade Valerie Villalon, who before going solo was the vocalist of the group Sweet Box.

This duet song, with evident electronic sounds in it, is included in Jade Valerie’s first solo album called “Out of the Box” as a bonus track in the Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Asian release of the album. According to Sony BMG, the distributor of Jade Valerie’s solo album, it is discussing with Kim Dongwan’s label on the possibility of recording a Korean version of the song, which Kim Dongwan had requested.

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I hope they do end up recording it in Korean. Again, I'm thinking about the awesome promotion they can do together with this song...sing the first half in English, then the next half in Korean. Wannie fighting! I hope he surprises lots of people with how versatile he is.

Guest 80slitenite

"You don't know me" Jade Valerie with Kim Dong Wan full song listen

I hope they do make a real mv for this.

Wannie!! Its good. I want Dongwan and Jade to perform on Music Core or whatever!

Dongwan, duet with sweetbox became the highlighted topic

6 member group KimDongWan & Sweetbox ex-member Jade Valerie Villalon duet a song.

Kimdongwan with Jade Valerie Vallalon who had been active in Sweetbox since year 2001 til last year, they sang an english song 'You Dont Know Me' together.

Jade Valerie who release her first solo album through SONY BMG, the management company express "KimDongWan & Jade duet in song "You Dont Know Me" is a speedy tempo electronic music" "This song will be release in Jade's first solo album as a bonus track. But because SHINHWA gain very much popularity in Asia, so under the request by the fans in Japan, China and other asia country, we had approach to Kimdongwan and made a discussion towards this, so this song will be included in Jade's album album which will be release in china and japan."

Addition, Sony Bmg add on "Jade understands SHINHWA, especially being as KimDongWan fans, thus decided to duet a song together. Jade who often visits Korea is a fans of Superjunior, Boa and other korean artist, she loves listening to Korean music."

Source:mydaily&dacapo

Cn Trans:jojoyu@shinhwachina

Guest pitchyaa

wowww

i just listend to Jade song!!!

it's sound so nice and hip.... and Dongwan singing in English is really cute..

Guest fobbiyo

April 24, 2008

OMG. hahahah. I was like "OH NOOO DONGWAN IS GOING TO SING IN ENGLISH" when i saw the title. Then I read it and I was like "ohhhh" I hope the song is going to be good :) He looks sooo good in that picture *drools*

I'm still hoping for one of those days where he performs My Love :( I thought that was the best song in his album, and he still didn't perform it yet! Gosh, I am sad.

huuuuuuu

i maybe late to concur anything about the voices, but despite the fact hyesung has the angelic voice that almost everyone else prefer about, I HEART DW's VOICE to bittttsssss!!!! just like you guys!!!!

I fell for him (to be exact, his voice) first before i love shinhwa

dw got me here.

seriously for his voice

his voice is the most angelic voice ever. my lullaby. my always on-top-list.

You dont know me is seriously great

he did it best

i cant imagine anyone else can sing it more beautiful than him

(lets just ignore how he pronounced it, what he did was great. we know him. don't expect a native speaker pronunciation though.)

thank God for making an existence of such a perfect man on earth.

XD XD XD

(it's just that i want his lines to be moreeeeeeee... oh me-the-greedy-fan)

^^

Guest Joshorty

I kinda wished twished his album will be released on the same day as Jade's :( But for health reasons, can't argue with that.

For anyone who cares (realting to You Don't Know Me Duet). Here is the album info :D

Out of the box [Korean Release]

Release date: 24.04.2007

Label: SONY BMG KOREA

62064586yg9.jpg

BUY: YesAsia (US/Canada | Global)

Track listing

01. Tuned Up

02. Just Another Day

03. Uh LaLa

04. You Don't Know Me

05. Crush

06. Show Me

07. Razorman

08. Like A Bird

09. Empty Pages

10. Lucky Lady

11. We Can Run

12. Undone

13. Stuck

14. The Last

15. You Don't Know Me (duet with Kim Dong Wan) [bonus track]

Source

---

And here's the

JADE VALERIE thread :) I encourage those who buy music from YesAsia to buy her album there. I guarantee that the tracks in the album are awesome and they've been tweaked right for the Korean audience so for those Korean music lovers, you'll surely love this ! Just because I'm a long time big fan of hers since her sweetbox days, isn't the real reason why I'm saying this album is great. I really think this album would hit billboard charts if it was ever released in U.S. and elsewhere. I really love her and she's very very (extremely) underrated so I please ask some to check her out :D It's cool to see some of you happy about this :D

2 MYSPACE UPDATES (08.04.23~08.04.24)

1. JADE VALERIE and Kim Dong Wan's Official comments regarding You Don't Know Me Duet

You can read it at the front page of JADE VALERIE's OFFICIAL WEBSITE or you can read it at her Myspace (more easy to read)(Click to read)

You can find more info as to why this duet happen (such as the fact these 2 were fans of each other from their debut days :D ) I honestly never knew Dong Wan was a fan of her since her debut days :D

2. Album Talk

Jade talks about the difference in the Korean release of Out of the box and at the same time, talks about the duet with Kim Dong Wan in You Don't Know Me

and at the same time, the new mix of Like A Bird (Geo's mix) as the main track for the Korean release

The three videos can be watched here (CLICK).

Guest sungmin

:rolleyes: Hi~everyone, this is the latest news of Jade and Kimdongwan ^^

[interview] 080425 Jade Valerie & Kim Dongwan,, Official Press Release comments

Most of the time Jade Valerie is disappearing into the studio to compose and record with her longtime producer Geo. However, she is very passionate about collaborating with other artists and writers. In the past she has collaborated with Hamasaki Ayumi in Japan, the girl band "S.H.E." in Taiwan, and Baek Ji Young in Korea. This year we will have the pleasure of seeing her team up with the very unique Kim Dong Wan for "You Don't Know Me".

Jade says:

"I noticed Dong Wan first time in Japan with Shinhwa. I was still signed to Avex at the time and they released BOA whom I like a lot. In 2004 Shinhwa toured Japan, and I was impressed with the phenomenon of Korean artists becoming more and more successful as actors and artists in Japan. So when I went to Korea later that year to promote "Don..t Push Me" and "Life Is Cool" I checked out the band, and my favourite was Kim Dong Wan. The next time I noticed them was in 2006 when Shinhwa released an album in Japanese which hit the top ten single charts with "This is the sun in our hearts" and filled up Budokan Hall later that year. Quite impressive!

When I came to Korea in March to start promoting my new album "Out of the Box" we were discussing possibilities of a duet in Korea. I loved the idea of working with Dong Wan. He has a great voice, is a good actor, and is extremely handsome! We also have many things in common: we have both been in the music business a long time and were both signed at a young age, both have been discovered for an act "Shinhwa and Sweetbox", and both of us have set up our own business behind our career H2 Entertainment (Seoul) and J-Art (Tokyo)."

:rolleyes: Kim Dong Wan says:

"I have been a fan of Jade for a long time. As Shinhwa we travelled a lot in many Asian countries I heard her voice the first time in Japan. At that time she was promoting her first Sweetbox album "Classified". I fell in love with her vocals and lyrics right away. When I was told that Jade was interested in doing a duet with me, I did not hesitate for second! I am really happy to have a chance to work with her. I worked hard in the studio to make this a great duet, for Jade's fans as well as my own. I am looking forward to performing it live one day with her, and hope that day comes soon."

credits: jadevalerie.com + ShinHwaChangJo.net + kimdongwanthailand.net

Guest sungmin

:lol::lol: : Helloooooooooo~~~everyone This is a good news...Yeahhhhhh....wait for someone trans. ^^

[Album Info.]080428 Kim Dongwan 2nd Album, The Secret : Between Us

kdw.jpg

:) Release date: 8 May 2008

01 ) 남자의 사랑

02 ) 비밀 (Narr. 소녀시대 티파니) **The Secret (Narr. Tiffany:Girl generation )

03 ) 왜 그래 (Feat. Heritage) Why Are You Like That

04 ) Honey (Feat. Eric) :rolleyes:

05 ) 사랑하는 사람아 The person I love

06 ) 바람의 노래

07 ) 사이키스 Psychis

08 ) 떠나도 돼

09 ) 악녀탈출

10 ) 좋을사람

11 ) 잊어야겠다

12 ) You Don't Know Me (Duet With Jade Valerie)

13 ) 비밀 (Instrumental)

14 ) 왜그래 (Instrumental)

credits to 월남치마 @skirtwind+kimdongwanthailand.net

Guest 80slitenite

^

wahhhh~ is that the cover?! sooooo kawaiii! I'm curious to hear Honey with Eric.^^ Honey as in...Yuhbo? hahaha