Guest kayelee

hope your wish will come true Kaye

wow happy to hear yoo got Yoo goodies last Christmas

I miss the kakanin in the Philippines especially the bibingka

Btw sorry to miss your b-day last Dec 7,belated happy birthday Kayelee

yep! I'm so happy. my sister knew me very well for giving me what I really want. :lol: I know God will grant my wiss cause i've been a good girl.hahaha!

oh! thanks Euchan, so sweet of you! no prob... *hugs*

bibingka! that's my fav too. just had it last night.

Guest kayelee

the new generation seem to be pervier huh? Must be because of Kai,

we are her disciplines after all LOL!

Anything to see YOO in a uniform :D .. does this mean that i can choose whatever

job i want if i pay for everything? Cause in that case i wanna be the heroine :w00t::phew::rolleyes:

ellie, you'll never know! sometimes older one's are pervier. but don't know why! :lol:

so, you're in? you can choose what do you want him to be... but can we do the heroine thingy first? :lol:

Guest kayelee

Kaye dear, got your internet connection now? Then vote for YOO huh? ^^

My Christmas? I dont celebrate Christmas but enjoy my holidays, hehehe, everyone here has their longest vacation of the year.

I read "The year 2007 Review" at Dramabeans and also want to rewatch CP.

Val, I still don't know why can't I register at mbc. :tears: i have tried many times and it points me to my email add. :huh:

will try again later...

anyhow, its good you also had your vacation. :)

heya Yoogals,

for all those who're scratching their heads figuring out how to stream the MBC awards on 30th Jan, you can learn now with these clear instructions :) (thanks to Aquafina from Yeh's thread!). go to this url and find out the methods:

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry4729248

yehbaby thanks for this!

whew! done with all my love notes. will go to the yoomansion later.

Copied and posted from yehbaby copied from queenie who copied/posted from VAL who copied/posted from Any ... :lol:

BABY YOO,angelie, anne, faye, ellie, jinxzz, queenie, val, any, MYchan, LF, oc, vicente, yehbaby, bebesam, neng, min_montel, iluvyoo2, sally, marj04, nate, del32, texashot,kai, sunnie, , smilefish, CopperK, calyp, nanamienzo, chinky, xblaaah, shaliachu, unnie Lily, lili, naomz, tika, yoobee,atsigrace, msjang,shaliachu, goldensun, knuts, toro5566, ghjs17,stalk, ariesw,.... and all yoogals from A-Z...soompi included. Few more days before the year ends...ENJOY the remaining days of 2007.LOOKING FORWARD TO 2009...aiyo! for the sake of YOOGALS not to cry i skip 2008 hahaaha but really have a BLESSED 2008 everyone.

I LOVE YOO!!!

Good evening everyone.. cracks me up when each one of you copied and copied and copied those list of names.. :D

Anyway, I would like to drop these news I received from Han Cinema.

[2007 Drama Highlights] Best Kiss scenes (2007/12/27)

The drama market of 2007 had been flooded with a large number of high-quality dramas, range from large-scaled dramas of billion dollars worth production cost to much smaller-scaled, but of rich content dramas. Among these great ranges of dramas, the TV viewers had been laughing with character's happiness, crying over their heart-broken love story and were raged with unrealistic settings. Kiss scenes and crying scenes are necessary for the actors to express the complicated internal state of their character as realistic as possible. Following is a list of best kiss scenes chosen by general TV viewers.

Unexpected kiss scene ("Prince Hours") – While singer Se7en's transformation into an actor attracted attention, his love story with Heo I-jae was entertaining. The couple seemed to unable to overcome the difference in their social rank as a Crown prince and a court lady. However, Se7en's tough kiss at the end was enough to make the viewers excited.

To kiss or not to kiss ("Thank you") - Jang Hyeok was touched with compassion toward Kong Hyo-jin who had to suppress the pain of being a single parent. Even though there was no kiss, the way Jang Hyeok wiped Kong Hyo-jin's tears was much tingly than a passionate kiss.

Love is wafted on the rain ("Que Sera, Sera") – Eric Moon's love confession was followed by Jeong Yu-mi's kiss, in which the couple re-confirmed their love towards each other. The impressive kiss scene made the fans wildly excited.

Wretched tearful kiss scene ("Merry Mary") – The love story between the two poor youths satisfied the Merry Mary manias. The sincerity of the scene was enhanced when Lee Ha-na's tearful love confession was followed by Ji Hyeon-woo's tough kiss.

Refreshing Cucumber flavoured kiss ("War of Money") – Kiss while eating cucumber. Despite its awkwardness, the viewers commented the way Park Shin-yang and Park Jin-hee confirms their love for each other was as refreshing as a fresh cucumber.

A low-rated but heart-fluttering kiss ("Capital Scandal") – This couple fall in love while having quarrels. A kiss followed by Kang Ji-hwan's love confession to scrupulous Han Ji-min. When compared to bold kiss scenes of current melodramas, the scene is low-rated but was enough to flutter the viewer's heart.

Gong Yoo's coming out ("Coffee Prince") – 2007's most precious couple. Gong Yoo couldn't resist his attraction toward Yoon Eun-hye, a woman in man's disguise, and end up declaring his coming out, "It doesn't matter whether you are a man or an alien. I don't care anymore. Let's go together, as far as we can go!", made the fans, who wished for their love, to shiver with happiness.

Source: http://news.naver.com/main/hotissue/read.n...;aid=0000008793

Gong Yoo, having the last fan meeting before enlists in the army (2007/12/26)

Gong Yoo, who became the 'Most precious man of the year' through his latest drama, 'Coffee Prince' is having the last fan meeting before he enlists in the army. On Sunday, 6th January 2008, he will be meeting with 1000 fans.

The spokesman from his agency, Sidus HQ, said, "He planned this event in order to say thank you to his fans before he go. This will be a very meaningful time for both him and the fans, where he will have an opportunity to share true and honest story with them".

From his latest drama, "Coffee Prince", Gong Yoo became the 'Asia's most precious man', rapidly gaining popularity in Korea as well as Japan, Taiwan, China and other Asian countries. As a proof of his rapidly increased popularity, he was nominated in 'Best Actor', 'Most Popular Actor by Netizens', and the 'Favorite On Screen Couple Award' in '2007 MBC Drama Awards' on 30th December.

In the meantime, he will make his registration in Chung-nam Non-san Military Service Training Center on Monday, 14th January 2008. After 5 weeks of basic military training, he will begin his military service.

Source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...008832&iid=

thanks for the link angelie. love the 2nd pic. SOOOOO CUTE! :rolleyes::wub:
my pleasure kaye.. yeah.. baby YOO in that pic is so cute and happy... imagine him laughing tell us "haha.. I will not give you my salad!" lol!!

Unnie, Soompi ate my previous post again :angry: Lucky me I copy it this time before posting, gruuuu.
ohhh.. Soompi really hungry today.. lol!!

hahaha, you've to go now but you're still here Angelie unnie?
yeah.. I got stuck while going out.. haha. Well, shall I say see you next year? Hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday, and have a blessed New Year 2008.

Lucky to those who could come. they'll be able to see GY for the last time...it'll be emotional and the hall will be flooded with tears I'm sure. T_T thanks for this angelie and ariesw. *sniff* :)
yeah.. I think it will be flooding in the hall that day too.. and our house as well.. must prepare lots of life jackets and life boats.. and make sure chippy doesn't drown.. lol!!!

I've seen this trailer twice...did you get scared with the voices angelie? :lol:
nope.. not scared.. ;) I find it rather cute actually.. :P Anyway, as long as baby YOO is there, forget about the voice.. haha.. and if you have friends or family that hooked on CP by then, recommend them to watch the original one... ;)

Now looking forward if we can watch the Thai version of CP.. :D It's interesting to watch and listen to many different types of trailers.. ahh Japan is airing CP on January too right? hmm.. hope there will be a Japanese trailer too.. hehe..

Val, I still don't know why can't I register at mbc. :tears: i have tried many times and it points me to my email add. :huh:

will try again later...

hmm.. kaye.. I think it might be because of MBC temporary disable member registration during voting period.. there seems to be too many people having the same problem.. and I remember the other day, someone mention that when voting start, registration are not allowed anymore.. and I actually encountered the same problem last year when I tried to register during voting period...

hello Yehbaby!

hehe, angelie....how to form fanclub when we're spread so far and wide in m'sia?
when there is a will there is a way.. ;) anyway, we are actually looking into international fan club.. not Malaysia fan club.. sounds impossible, but what the heck.. a try won't hurt.. ;) At least we won't regret if we had tried.

about Baby Yoo's popularity here, i dunno...wasn't at home at the time....was BTSC really well received in m'sia?
when I was watching it, I went to Cari forum.. and there was a thread there to discuss the drama.. everyone was praising and recommending the drama.. everyone seem charmed by baby YOO, including myself!! lol!!

just bought myself a copy of BTSC DVD from Speedy...costs rm79.90, with korean and mandarin dubbing; english, chinese and malay subs. multimedia entertainment produced. seems like all the SBS dramas are imported to m'sia by multimeda and the MBC ones by PMP.

ahhh.. here in Kuching I only see BTSC VCD. never saw the DVD.. :( RM79.90 is quite cheap.. CP DVD is double the price!

well the Malaysian dubbing for CP will probably be the same as the taiwanese, no? since we get most of our kdramas dubbed in taiwan. i'm also immune to the mandarin by now. it's not that bad. hehe. Baby Yoo's acting can overcome the dubbing and reach out to the audience, like you said. :) but you know what? i dunno...he cries a tad too much in OFD. it's kinda annoying to see him so hung up on Ha Neul. and the plot is just....argh, typical kdrama. i love Baby Yoo's acting, but the story of OFD doesn't really attract me....at least he cut his hair now, so i just enjoy watching Yoo. :P
are all k-dramas aired in Malaysia from Taiwan? so if CP is here, then we will probably listen to HK's voice like the one in the Taiwanese trailer then? :D Oh yes.. baby YOO's acting can reach out to the audience.. I know because I was that audience before.. haha... he is truly amazing!

you think he cries too much in OFD? hmm.. I think he cried a lot too in BTSC.. so for me, both are about the same. I only started watching k-drama May last year, so I wasn't exposed to many of these type story.. so I wasn't affected by it.. :P yeah.. he cut his hair now.. hopefuly by next week or so, can get to hear him sing... :rolleyes:

yeah...so cute and pinchable! (and i'm not just refering to his cheeks... :phew:) and thanks for uploading the Hanryu concert and Japan fanmeet for all, angelie! :)
not refering to his cheeks huh? hmm... I hope YOOGals are not thinking pervy.. lol!! anyway, no problem with the uploading.. :)

when you're showing yourself and exploring your true emotions, so raw and honestly, it makes you feel very vulnerable. only the bravest actors do that...become one with the character. others just pretend or act.
we should say BRAVO to baby YOO!! :D and thanks to the writer for having baby YOO in mind while creating HK.

i think Baby Yoo is the type of person who doesn't want to cheat his audience. if he no longer finds joy in acting, and just go through the motions to earn a paycheck, he would feel terrible about it. he wants to live and do things with passion. i find this very inspiring, for how many of us can truly say we work because of passion? how many of us hold jobs we merely tolerate to keep our ricebowls and pay the rent? too many.
That is so true Yehbaby. I also feel that baby YOO is a person who would like to tell his audience/fans true first hand information. I believe he also mention in one interview before that he act because of his strong passion for it.. and only after he get married and have a family, then he will consider acting as a work to earn paycheck.

this reminds me of his fanmeet on august this year, after the end of CP, with the cast of CP attending. they each said their personal feelings about the love they received from CP. Baby Yoo went last. i remember distinctly, he had glistening eyes when he said to his fans his own feeling about the response to CP. he said something like, "i want to thank the people who loved me, trusted me and believed in me from the start. they were even happier than myself about my success. and said, 'what did i tell you? you can do it because you're Gong Yoo ah...". so touching. :tears:
I think his Jan 6th fans meet will have even more of those touching moments... awww.. we have to prepare our hearts well for that... I bet we gonna all cry our hearts out watching the clips if any.. :tears:

i want to thank these close friends of Baby Yoo for supporting him all through these years. if it were not for the people around him who continuously supported him, maybe the fire inside Baby Yoo would have been extinguished by now, after years of being sidelined by other luckier actors. heaven forbid, if he let earlier disappointments and lack of acting jobs eat at him and lost his passion, we wouldn't have the Gong Yoo of today in Coffee Prince.
baby YOO is indeed lucky to have such close friends who he can lean on during his "down" time. and not only his close friends, but I believe fans plays an important role for him too.. without fans' love and support, I don't think he is able to go on too. He mention before that he treassures his fans very much. So, let's give him our full support and love and pray hard that he won't loose his passion again within these 2 years...

i am just really happy that he is finally earning the recognition he richly deserves now. whether he wins the award on Sunday night or not, critics and viewers alike have truely sat up and taken notice of Gong Yoo - the true and passionate actor. that is the biggest reward already. Baby Yoo has so much talent. he just needs to believe in himself a bit more. that would make up his 2% lacking.
yes.. doesn't matter if he wins or not this Sunday, he's already earned his success and rewards. He certainly have to have more belief and confidence in himself.

An thank you YEHbaby for the link to streaming tutorial.. :)

Time for bye now. Send my love to all who I miss my lovenotes here,

Copy and paste from AA

angelie, queenie, anne, wendyoo, faye, ellie, jinxzz, yehbaby, tangtang, eunchan, LF, oc, vicente, kayelee, bebesam, neng, min_montel, iluvyoo2, sally, marj04, nate, del32, texashot,chippy, kai, sunnie, , smilefish, CopperK, calyp, nanamienzo, chinky, xblaaah, shaliachu, Ariesw, lili, naomz, tika, yoobee, twinnie, atsigrace, msjang,shaliachu, goldensun, knuts, toro5566, ghjs17, ariesw,....

Have fun your last few days of 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

happy yoo year to ou, val!!!! and to all the lovely yoogals!!

did you order yours from yesasia? it does take a while when you order anything from them and kinda expensive too... hopefully we both get our calendars on time :lol:

yup! i hope too. i wish it will not arrive december 2008. :rolleyes:

Hugs and kisses to mommy,faye,queenie,jinkzz,mendyoo,tangtang,ck,nate,oc,liron,lily,lili,val,ellie,

stalk,dost,kayelee,AA,knutz,vicente,smilefish,bebe,atsigrace,LF,tika,eganlyen, dost,chinkymars,i know i miss more Yoogals sorry and to all Yoobies enjoy your stay

hugs and kisses to yoo too, my chan, and everybody's chan, euchan!!!!

waves @ alarice_cjw, zeaice, xjuen, shaliachu, yoo790710, roza, aalhl and @ the 2 lovely yooghosts!!!

Guest shaliachu

haha~exciting news!YOO will attend MBC award ceremony!waitting for yoo on Dec.30th~

But Jan 14th is nearby... I can not help missing you...

Dear aalhl,I am so sorry...I will pay attention next time~
it's ok shalia.. Thank you.. :)

haha~exciting news!YOO will attend MBC award ceremony!waitting for yoo on Dec.30th~

But Jan 14th is nearby... I can not help missing you...

we will all miss him, wait for him, love him and support him together.. <_<

++ Edit:

04-Mar-2005 ETN Inside Story 001 002 003 (BTS of a photoshoot session)

Download: 001 002

More Taiwan CP Trailers for today.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1738075RJ476EER

http://www.mediafire.com/?ecimxmg50x2

84d72c1eba50e7114134178if8.jpg

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1738158tYcjmF9T

http://www.mediafire.com/?blyg0m1jgd1

308f5f390d8220fd3a87ce8cl6.jpg

*** Download links and screen caps credit to loveECEH@我们爱侑惠吧 ***

Guest orangechocolate

Good evening ^^ YOOgals ....

Friday night >_<; im carefully backreading and checking baby YOOclips on my NB !! tomorrow i'll camping@ the mansion.

i have a long holiday til 2 jan. lol

Okay, this is the new download link for I'll follow him MV

http://sharebee.com/2b6affd7

-- Haaa....this one i never see it before Thank for DL link santaLF ^^

Here's an old goodie...

15-May-2006 YTNStar Playboys Baseball Match Part 1 Part 2

Download: http://sharebee.com/7c426093

-- but it's a new goodies for me. wow....this one that baby YOO is Mr.Double Zero right ??

Ohhh Thank you so much my Angel i searched on YT now i can save on myNB lOl baby YOO so sexy in Baseball suit >_<

-- Woooo~ this is Part II right ?? thank you^^ *Hug*

From ariesw... I feel so touched reading the article... :tears:

Oct-2007 Esquire - It's Time For Rest

-- Goshhh...very long article for me !!! but it's worth to read it. baby YOO very smart & have a some latent to answer the Question. His answer from deepest of his heart not make for celebrity. no doubt why i have to re-read his msg. everytimes when i thinking of him.

OC dale the spy girl orange dude... :phew: long nick hahaha...be gentle to nate coz she can do YOOnews translations for you free of charge...if in case she be difficult to you?...be gentle still bwahahaha...i was just joking OC.PEACE dude.sure i pity you OC boss :lol::lol::lol:

-- hi...Queenie...you're my side right right ^^// Sissy very nice.Help me a lot !! im gald to be her younger sister. and younger her bossssss. :phew: btw, you're very sensitive after you read baby YOO article !!..never see your sensation like that before O__o Lucky me !!

Guest iluvyoo2

Hello all Yoogal..everyone very excited about MBC award now...2 more days to go!!!

did you order yours from yesasia? it does take a while when you order anything from them and kinda expensive too... hopefully we both get our calendars on time
My order status in yesasia now was shipped on 19 Dec..but until today still no receive it..don't tell me it missing.. :tears:

Good morning YooGals.. so I heard the good news.. smile.gif YAY! Thank you LF. So does his attendance means something? hehe... anyway, Sidus must have just updated his schedule recently because when I visited the page early this week, that attendance item was not there.
yeah yeah, I have same thought...his attendance means something? :P :P

yeah LF.. hopefully the pictorial collection will be available to non-member soon.. seeing YouKorea logo on the site makes me have a feeling that they will be releasing it.. probably much more expensive than for members I guess. and how come Japans fan club members have higher priority and more benefit than YOO&I members? I thought they should be on the same level since both require membership fees..
But YOO&I membership is free, right?? I didn't pay anything.:P

I received the email from YOO&I , regarding farewell fans meet...how nice if I at Korea ;) It schedule at 2PM January 06, 2008.. 10,000 won per person..

2000-2007 Gong Yoo CF compilation

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hyxmm1g1dm

Screen cap of Japan fanclub, "I LIKE YOO" pictorial..:P

Source from YOO&I, but I just noticed that post been deleted in YOO&I.. :phew: Luckily I saw it and saved it first..hehe

56937270qv6.jpg

++Edit

I think this one is new..:)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9hg1vakl2ld

Good morning OC (12 midnight my time :P) Happy holidays to you..

-- but it's a new goodies for me. wow....this one that baby YOO is Mr.Double Zero right ??

Ohhh Thank you so much my Angel i searched on YT now i can save on myNB lOl baby YOO so sexy in Baseball suit >_<

-- Woooo~ this is Part II right ?? thank you^^ *Hug*

yes... Mr. Double Zero.. lol!!! the second clip is not part 2.. it's different clip. If you see my download link has one link and YT got more than that, it means the video is more than 10 minutes long and I had to chopped it shorter, or else YT will reject it because too long.. :(

-- Goshhh...very long article for me !!! but it's worth to read it. baby YOO very smart & have a some latent to answer the Question. His answer from deepest of his heart not make for celebrity. no doubt why i have to re-read his msg. everytimes when i thinking of him.
yep.. he's our Mr. Smart Guy, and Mr. Honest, Mr. Sincerity, and the list goes one.. :)

chinkymars.. thank you for the compliment.. so I just became mommy for another Yoogal? :D

My order status in yesasia now was shipped on 19 Dec..but until today still no receive it..don't tell me it missing.. :tears:
you should be receiving soon.. they send by normal registered mail? if courier then will be faster I think.

yeah yeah, I have same thought...his attendance means something? :P :P
hehe... so let's cross our fingers for some good news that night then.. :w00t:

But YOO&I membership is free, right?? I didn't pay anything.:P

I received the email from YOO&I , regarding farewell fans meet...how nice if I at Korea ;) It schedule at 2PM January 06, 2008.. 10,000 won per person..

Joining the YOO&I site doesn't have to pay. To join, YOO&I fan club, yes there is a fee. There was someone forwarding me the fees information last time. I think it was taken from YOO&I site.. you should be able to hunt for it.. under rules and regulations perhaps? oh.. so that will be 1PM for us here then.. so we will expect lots of goodies in the evening.. hehe...

Thanks for your MV download link. will download it when I come online again later.. me very sleepy now..

Screen cap of Japan fanclub, "I LIKE YOO" pictorial..:P

Source from YOO&I, but I just noticed that post been deleted in YOO&I.. :phew: Luckily I saw it and saved it first..hehe

ohhh.. that person ordering the pictorial already.. ahh.. smoking YOO again.. lol!! well, according to the dates, I think it's available for orders from 26 Dec to 10 Jan only, right? hmm.. hope they will release to non-members after that.. :P

2007.12.27 Gong Yoo's handwriting for 30 questions and 30 answers
ohhh.. that Q&A was way back in 2002 I think.. that's the Q&A (+Profile) we have on our first page opps.. should be the first Q&A link on page 501 post #10003.. :P well, we don't a complete one because some of the words are not really readable by our translator... :P wonder why it only pop up in the news now.

biography01ji6.th.jpg biography02cr9.th.jpg biography03sc7.th.jpg

*** Credit as printed ***

okie okie.. I'm signing off now.. my eyes are so heavy now.. lol!! YOOnight my lovelies... *yawn* oppsiee.. :P

Guest betchay

Hi angelie, did he comfirm his attendance on MBC awards night? Hope he wins!

Geezz.. Our baby YOO has less than 20 days to be with his family & fans. Well, at least

his enlistment moved a little bit rather than Dec, he can still celebrates new year with his

loved one. :blush:

Guest luvbbyoo

ahhh.. here in Kuching I only see BTSC VCD. never saw the DVD.. :( RM79.90 is quite cheap.. CP DVD is double the price!

CP DVD in Singapore DVD shops are slightly more affordable. Currently there are two versions in the market distributed by Innoform. Both versions are complete with special features, audio in Korean/Taiwan dubbed Mandarin. The only difference between the two versions is the subtitles - Chinese or English/Chinese (switchable). Based on the price I just saw from the shopping mall today, the chinese sub version is about SGD38 and English/Chinese sub version around SGD45.

Some DVD shops are havings sales. BTSC DVD (chinese sub) is selling at SGD19.90 and OFD (English/Chinse Sub) at only SGD15. Both are dual sound in Korean and Taiwan dubbed mandarin. I was <_< when I first saw the price because I have never seen such good deals before. I ended buying them since they were so cheap. I was so glad I bought them. The picture quality and subtitles are good. Most important of all, I enjoyed the dramas very much :P

Guest natedao

*wave* at 'bebe' only you&me this early morning!

Borrowing from words I used last time, Seo Gun in “One Fine Day” is similar to Gong Yoo’s image, but in CP, there is a feeling from beginning to end that “the role was written for Gong Yoo, isn’t it ?” like I was watching the real Gong Yoo I know moving about in the TV screen. Based on the current circumstances, Choi Han Kyeul is the image of what all the ladies in Korea would like their men to be, physically handsome and cool, wealthy and capable, he may seem a bit cold, but actually deep inside nobody can be more thoughtful, morally upright, it looks like Choi Han Kyeul is even more like Gong Yoo himself [than Seo Gun was].

The writer says GY is more like Choi Han Kyul:more thoughtful, morally upright...wow...w he seems have a fasinating insight into BaBy YOo(except you,unnie mommy!), describes him so cleary to my eyes and what i'm going to say that isn't Mr.Choi Han Kyul in CP whom many people(me counted)suddenly fall for him? .... That means Mr.Gong Ji Cheol himself who we're completely in LOVE with?

“Life is lived in the midst of regrets, a life lived without mistakes is meaningless.”[This refers to GY’s quoting this line in the 2006 article to explain GY’s approach to life.]

Mr.Gong Ji Cheol just makes my day(dubble! except he does everyday when i see his smile LOL) i will bear in my mind his quote when i feel so depressed!

He looks like he wants to pick up a pen and write on a piece of paper “I will not let my passion wane …” and a man able to write those words is indeed a man who has passion. As an actor, soon to become 30, his passion for his work is not lacking, this is what moves me the deepest about him, because his passion is something I am genuinely in awe of on the one hand, but on the other hand, concerned that it must not suddenly be extinguished, to maintain the energy there needs to be constant recharging. Other things don’t matter, what matters is that one is doing what makes one happy, the person that he is that is able to take all kinds of pain, this quality is a necessary element that a star of this generation must have. I’m not sure who told him that you only need 2% lacking, no matter whether in the past or one year ago or now, there is nothing lacking, he is truly an epitome of the best of Korea’s youth. While there may be a degree of doubt about this for some, I firmly believe in this.

i hope that too... his passion for his work will not be eaten up! I still want to watch his great performnace again! i can wait next 2 yrs..

unnie mommy, i really love this writer and also your friend,ariesw for translating.

this guy just ensures me with his factual content what i see, i think, i feel about GY, he's down-to-earth sort of person who is worthy for our Admiration

[side Notes: Not sure if something may have been missed in the translation from the original as this 2% seems to come out of nowhere so not sure of the context it is being used. But I presume one interpretation is that he may have set high standards for himself so he only needs to lack 2% to consider it to be a failure, as artists like him are prone to perfection.]

i'm raising up my right hand agree with him and...two-thumbs up on my left hand and...nodding my head

nothing eles i can do with any part of my body now except my Heart! hahaha...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!! finally i have the time to sit down & read through soompi! tsk tsk holidays! :lol: i dunno if i have the energy to go through all 15 pages of backreads but here goes... goodluck to me! :lol:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1286/0b...e6438db7fp4.jpg

Borrowing from words I used last time, Seo Gun in “One Fine Day” is similar to Gong Yoo’s image, but in CP, there is a feeling from beginning to end that “the role was written for Gong Yoo, isn’t it ?” like I was watching the real Gong Yoo I know moving about in the TV screen. Based on the current circumstances, Choi Han Kyeul is the image of what all the ladies in Korea would like their men to be, physically handsome and cool, wealthy and capable, he may seem a bit cold, but actually deep inside nobody can be more thoughtful, morally upright, it looks like Choi Han Kyeul is even more like Gong Yoo himself [than Seo Gun was].

so true! the only works of Yoo that i've seen before i watched CP were My Tutor Friend & She's On Duty... in MTF, he was kinda over the top (i guess his character is supposed to be like that) and SOD, well he just looked so hot there :lol: then i saw CP, super love him there! then i watched his other works and i must say Choi Han Kyul was like a tailor-made character for him. it seemed that when the scriptwriters did the script they already had in mind who to play it, and that was our dear Yoo. lucky for us! i do love CP as a whole (story, actors, supporting cast etc), but i dont think i'd love it like this if Yoo wasnt Han Kyul...

He is like my good friend, not someone who only calls when there’s something urgent, but tries to see things from my viewpoint; he first asks me what my arrangement for our interview is, using his magnetic low voice like a friend to remind himself of the agreed time for our appointment. When the time to talk has come, he did not show any tiredness from his trip, I directly asked him “Through “Esquire” tell everyone what you want to do.” “Do you want to increase my burden?” after 40 minutes of talking since we started, actually, he was the only one talking, all I said was “Yes” , “It’s like that” expressing my agreement with him, unable to get any other words in during the interview. This soon to be 30, 29 year old man, is surprisingly having trouble with life , a professional actor suddenly becoming a popular actor, the more he could not come to terms with this process, the more difficult it will be. The beginning of this year was the most troubled period in his life, one of the biggest problems for him was that he was unable to feel any joy in acting, and a fear started to grow in him that acting will merely become a means to earn a living, he began acting when he was 20, and later he felt that at the beginning he was too young so he approached things too simply, but like what most people concluded after CP ended, the 2% lacking was borne out of his innate urgency which manifested into a fear, so that nobody could have been happier with the success of CP [NB: see Side Note below], and he even told me : I would like to thank all those who told me these words – “Do not give up your dreams, become the passionate Gong Yoo once again and rise to the challenge of your next work”. Talking about all the people who worked with him in CP whom he now cannot see regularly, he feels a sense of loneliness, if you say that his concern in his previous works was to meet his own individual expectations, this time he was able to comprehend during the filming process that how you influence the people you work with, the director and the production team, to work together in unison is what is most important, for this he is very thankful. Of course, it would be difficult to be satisfied if this standard is also used to choose his next work. He looks like he wants to pick up a pen and write on a piece of paper “I will not let my passion wane …” and a man able to write those words is indeed a man who has passion. As an actor, soon to become 30, his passion for his work is not lacking, this is what moves me the deepest about him, because his passion is something I am genuinely in awe of on the one hand, but on the other hand, concerned that it must not suddenly be extinguished, to maintain the energy there needs to be constant recharging. Other things don’t matter, what matters is that one is doing what makes one happy, the person that he is that is able to take all kinds of pain, this quality is a necessary element that a star of this generation must have. I’m not sure who told him that you only need 2% lacking, no matter whether in the past or one year ago or now, there is nothing lacking, he is truly an epitome of the best of Korea’s youth. While there may be a degree of doubt about this for some, I firmly believe in this.

so that's why he said that CP brought back his passion for acting... CP not only helped him with his career but with his life as well. i will never understand an actor's mind since im not one but i guess just like any other careers, when your passion or drive starts wavering, you need some kind of a kick to get you back at it. and CP was his kick! a hard one! :lol:

tnx UNNIE & ARIESW! *hugs*

wait! people are actually allowed to go inside Han Seung's house?? has it turned into a musem of sorts? i love that house! and HK's pad, too!

Good morning YooGals!! Hope everyone's Christmast and holidays are great...

Bearing a Christmas gift from ariesw.. :)

2007.12.12 Yoo's message in YOO&I

[it’s Gong Yoo…^^] The significance given to Awards ceremonies..

When I first started out, and I was a little younger than now…. As the end of the year comes, whenever I watch the various Movie or Television Drama Awards ceremonies, I would always think, one day I will definitely stand on that place

Under the watchful eyes of many, handsomely clutching the award, looking back at everyone with emotion filled eyes, openly and righteously expressing how it feels to win the award… it was just like that

But as time passes, my desire for awards, no, I should say my regard for awards has already gradually disappeared

Why is that ?

Because I have never won an award, that’s why I don’t even know how to handle it. (Only those who have “tasted the meat” would know^^)

There was a time when I felt honoured just because I was nominated… that has now become indistinct and unclear to me.

For the sake of the TV station, an awards ceremony is held just like having a commemoration party which has made the awards ceremony lost its color, and I no longer get easily excited by awards ceremonies.

It’s just that when I was going to get some coffee I saw some news regarding the year end award ceremonies which immediately triggered a lot of thoughts , that’s why I tried to write a few words to express my feelings.

Awards ceremonies……

It has been a long time since that I have numbed my heart, I don’t know if it has been made even harder … I really do not understand award ceremonies

I just hope people will not feel I’m being arrogant.

I’m only sharing my thinking with everyone, hope I won’t be made to expand or give a big explanation for it. [side Note : or "hope it won't be made into something big"?]

Hope you all have a pleasant Wednesday evening… good night

ps) I have very carefully looked at the “Sam Cheng Dong” (?) photos/portrait

I don’t care what reason there is, because I felt that a private part of “my” (?) life has been caught by the paparazzi( NB: see *Note at end), so my mood is a little bad..

I might as well keep myself collected which would be better.. aigoo ^^

*[Note : i.e. the photos were taken without permission or unknowingly by the subject

Not clear whether he’s referring to his photos being taken or someone else’s in the Sam Cheng Dong incident he refers to]

aaww he was upset about the pix... well sadly that goes with fame, my dear Yoo! :unsure:

and i totally understand him abt his frustration with award shows... only hypocrites would say that being nominated is enough. of course at the back of your mind, you're still hoping that you could bag the award. well in due time, im pretty sure Yoo will be recognized. no one can argue with the fact that he is a good actor. ;)

UNNIE & ARIESW, again, a million thanks to you both! mwah!

OH MY GOD...*calling* kai,neng,anne,atsigrace,bebe sam,naomz and all YOOPinay.

what did GMA do to BABY YOO's sexy voice????

i saw the trailer which unnie angel shared...

did i hear it right??? BABY YOO's voice sounded like "LUPIN"...is coffee prince a lupin romantic version now? lol

WAHHHHHHHHHH i cant take this...they really murdered the original version.

bcoz of you martin version sucks...they should have used the original version by Keith martin.

GMA asianovela dubbing...sucks big time. :angry:

maybe i should take that suggestion to just mute the TV and concentrate on BABY YOO's face.

OMG QUEENIE i wanna cry! seriously! GMA is murdering CP! :tears::tears::tears:

HK's name became Arthur! ARTHUR?! that's like for a 50-year old ahjussi's name! or Manager Hong's but not for Han Kyul! he's supposed to be a sophisticated, cool guy and they gave him the name Arthur?! <_<

LILY... i see we had the same "project" in mind. coz im still in my CP withdrawal, i did calendars, too with some of my fave CP moments... hehe :lol:

...and thank God he's attending the MBC awards and there's a fan meeting. at last we'll have a sighting before he finally leaves. :tears:

YOOGALS from A to Z... take care y'all! okie?! :D

hi NATEDAO! *waves*