Guest xjuliephanx

yeyyyyyyy YOOHouse will never be starve coz we have a COOK MODERATOR (who can cook ramen so well):lol:
hahha that's what I'm here for!!
*SCRATCHES**SNIFFS**smells the scent of ramen**slaps forehead*thinks to self: poor girl... hallucinating again. probably forgot to take her medicine.*shakes head from side to side**walks slowly towards xjuliephanx**smacks xjuliephanx back into the real world**walks away...**...laughing*buwahahahaha!!!!! :lol: :crazy:j/k. you know i love you right xjuliephanx? :wub: *muwah!* hahah :Pyou'll still cook ramen for me too right? eheh. heh. :D
Hahahaha.. hey a girl can dream right? Of course I'll cook ramen for you!!!
Welcome 侑我在 and thanks for the photos!!!
:lol: well, xjuliephanx, how's your ramen cooking now? can you manage? I hope your ramen doesn't dry up when there are too many requests.. haha...
No worries :) I've been practicing preparing in bulk amounts :P So I've got the cooking ramen for 1000+ YooGals down to an art!
:lol: Such a cute chubby faced kid :) Wonder when he got his dimples? Doesn't look like he had them in high school photos

Hahahah pachlex. I love your siggy!!

Haha, I was talking about this to my friend. Though GY and I are different nationality-wise, we can still converse. Thank gosh for English being a semi-world-wide language. :P
AMEN to that one cause the Lord knows my Korean is HORRIBLE!

***Random question but I've noticed in interviews people always mention his "small head" or "small face" and connect it with being an actor. Is there something I don't know about what Korea likes in actors like features as in a small head? I thought it was kind of weird that people thought he should be an actor since he has a small face because I don't think people in America tell others with small faces they would make good actors (not that there is anything wrong with GY becoming one, personally I don't think his head is that small...) lol so just wondering

Guest gryffindorkylie

***Random question but I've noticed in interviews people always mention his "small head" or "small face" and connect it with being an actor. Is there something I don't know about what Korea likes in actors like features as in a small head? I thought it was kind of weird that people thought he should be an actor since he has a small face because I don't think people in America tell others with small faces they would make good actors (not that there is anything wrong with GY becoming one, personally I don't think his head is that small...) lol so just wondering

I thought that was weird too. In America, if you have a small head, you have a small head. It just depends on your physical looks and if you have the talent to act to be an actor. I, as well, personally don't think he has a small head. He's perfect the way he is. :P

Guest xjuliephanx

I thought that was weird too. In America, if you have a small head, you have a small head. It just depends on your physical looks and if you have the talent to act to be an actor. I, as well, personally don't think he has a small head. He's perfect the way he is. :P

haha well said.

Guest pachlex

Of course I'll cook ramen for you!!!

yay! i still get ramen! :wub:

Hahahah pachlex. I love your siggy!!

ehehe. i've become a self-proclaimed YOOhouse PI. buwahaha. :P

WHO'S A GY DORK???

*raises hand* :P

i don't know either... but i found it weird too. the first time i heard about the head thing was with

KJW [sun ki]. i don't know if it was posted here or in the CP thread, but people were also

commenting about KJW head. something along, uh, that when all the princes were described in person,

a lot of fans mentioned that his head/face was bigger than they expected.

and then whoever posted said something like: "koreans and their thing with small heads..."

plus another one with YEH where someone said: "she's so pretty in person! small face and big eyes...!"

hahah. i wonder what having a big head implies... i think it's a bad thing for them. :P

poor me.. i have an abnormally big face. buwahaha [ask my best friend, it's true. :D]

Guest polaris

It's because on camera, a smaller face captures more beautifully than a larger one. It's all about proportion as well. If you have a big head, even if you are tall, on screen you look shorter than you proportionally. Therefore if you have a small head and are tall, then you look even more taller. Also if you are shorter (pertaining especially to actresses ie: Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae hee, etc) they still look as if they are kinda tall because their face size is so small that their body is in proportion to their head.

I know it must seem so weird that koreans always mention about head size, but they are really into mathmatical proportions and aesthetic sense.

Guest xjuliephanx

It's because on camera, a smaller face captures more beautifully than a larger one. It's all about proportion as well. If you have a big head, even if you are tall, on screen you look shorter than you proportionally. Therefore if you have a small head and are tall, then you look even more taller. Also if you are shorter (pertaining especially to actresses ie: Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae hee, etc) they still look as if they are kinda tall because their face size is so small that their body is in proportion to their head.

I know it must seem so weird that koreans always mention about head size, but they are really into mathmatical proportions and aesthetic sense.

Thanks for the explanation polaris

Ah I see so it's not necessarily if you're head is smaller than average, it's if it's in proportion to your body? Cause I would think if you have a small head and a large/tall body, then you'd look kind of silly (I'm thinking shrunken tribal heads hahaha!), I mean maybe it's different on camera but thats what my mind would think. But the proportions make sense I guess, cause GY's head never seemed small to me, it seemed to fit pretty well with his figure. It's an odd topic though cause Americans never seem to worry about this... I'm Viet but don't look like it so maybe I'm missing something. I know asians usually have round faces so maybe asian faces APPEAR to be larger/disproportional to their bodies? Since GY's face is not that round nor is his jawline compared to that of most asians, maybe that's what they mean? Also I know asian girls are usually stick thin weighing at or less than 100lbs so I guess if you have a round face, it'd look kind of a like a bobble head toy.. haha (no offense)

Guest nhetski

my korean friend told me that koreans really like having small faces coz it's not common and so if u do have small face, u r quite special (just like before, they say that if u have type AB for blood, u r from royal descent hehehe).. and if u have big eyes, then u r all the more pretty (that's why they're always interested on who got double eyelid surgery) and the camera will love u (camera/tv adds weight?) :) and of course, it will be great if u r also tall and slim/buff :)

Guest kdramanut

When "One Fine Day" first came out, I stayed away from it because I didn't like Song Yuri. However, when I was vacationing for a month in Seoul last Fall, I happened to watch a few episodes of the drama's "encore" broadcast. Even having seen just a few episodes, I was never able to forget Gong Yoo's emotional acting. I was transfixed.

I was excited to see him in Coffee Prince. He really is under-rated. He can do comedy and drama convincingly. He's adorable and serious. He's sexy and vulnerable. He's truly one of the best Korean actors.

I don't know how I'll survive for two years while he's doing his military service.

I LOVE YOU GONG YOO!

Guest xjuliephanx

my korean friend told me that koreans really like having small faces coz it's not common and so if u do have small face, u r quite special (just like before, they say that if u have type AB for blood, u r from royal descent hehehe).. and if u have big eyes, then u r all the more pretty (that's why they're always interested on who got double eyelid surgery) and the camera will love u (camera/tv adds weight?) :) and of course, it will be great if u r also tall and slim/buff :)

Wow, our GY fits all our criteria :)

When "One Fine Day" first came out, I stayed away from it because I didn't like Song Yuri. However, when I was vacationing for a month in Seoul last Fall, I happened to watch a few episodes of the drama's "encore" broadcast. Even having seen just a few episodes, I was never able to forget Gong Yoo's emotional acting. I was transfixed.

I was excited to see him in Coffee Prince. He really is under-rated. He can do comedy and drama convincingly. He's adorable and serious. He's sexy and vulnerable. He's truly one of the best Korean actors.

I don't know how I'll survive for two years while he's doing his military service.

I LOVE YOU GONG YOO!

Hi! I'm fairly new here and a newbie Gong Yoo fan. But I have to admit I didn't give much notice to him even when I saw My Tutor Friend, and One Fine Day. At least I remember I can understand his english somehow. And I liked his lean frame and adorable smile.....

BUT after CP, my oh my, he can surely act and he can sing to boot! He does have a certain charisma and laid-back persona. But I don't need to enumerate all these since we're all fans here right? Anyway, even if it's too late, I've been having a Gong Yoo fest for the last days, watching his movies and tv dramas. Too bad he's going to the military soon, so my question to the people organizing his new fan club (and you're all doing great by the way) how will you sustain the Yoo-interest for the next 2 years? Right now we're still experiencing the CP fever and savoring the last drop of it. But what's next for Gong Yoo apart from his military service? (just voicing out my concern, nothing more) :mellow:

Thanks!

BUT after CP, my oh my, he can surely act and he can sing to boot! He does have a certain charisma and laid-back persona. But I don't need to enumerate all these since we're all fans here right? Anyway, even if it's too late, I've been having a Gong Yoo fest for the last days, watching his movies and tv dramas. Too bad he's going to the military soon, so my question to the people organizing his new fan club (and you're all doing great by the way) how will you sustain the Yoo-interest for the next 2 years? Right now we're still experiencing the CP fever and savoring the last drop of it. But what's next for Gong Yoo apart from his military service? (just voicing out my concern, nothing more) :mellow:

Thanks!

I think one of the most important aspects of CP for GY professionally, is ambitiously not only to generate new fans for him but also an interest from the bigwigs/sugar daddies/money people within the industry to put him in juicer, challenging pieces. He'll be departing on a relatively high note after CP and given the right project/opportunity upon his return I feel he'll hopefully be able to reignite his older audience as well and if not, I'm sure, he may entice a newer bunch of folks, just as he did with CP. Who knows *shrugs*. =)

hi kfaith...

Too bad he's going to the military soon, so my question to the people organizing his new fan club (and you're all doing great by the way) how will you sustain the Yoo-interest for the next 2 years? Right now we're still experiencing the CP fever and savoring the last drop of it. But what's next for Gong Yoo apart from his military service? (just voicing out my concern, nothing more) :mellow: Thanks!
Well, personally, I think there is no perfect answer for your question... How will one sustain the Yoo-interest very much depends on the personality of the individual herself... If one truely loves him because he is Gong Yoo, one will wait no matter what it takes and how long he's MIA and still keep the interest. If a person only like him because of CP the fever now, I think when the fever is over, that feeling will subside as well.. and we will see less of that person around. That's just my personal opinion.. because that is what happened after One Fine Day's era. During the airing time, everyone is so obssesed... then 1-2 months after that, there left only a few of us regulars here...

But there is nothing stopping me from being here unless I'm kicked out... I am a person who can concentrate on liking one celebrity only at one time, and when I like a person, I throws in my heart and passion in. So it's not very easy for me to just leave like that. As long as everything is fine, I will be here. Actually myself and chigurl , Yoobee and Tika, we all had agree that during Gong Yoo's absense for 2 years, we will keep this thread running and active until the day the comes back.. even if it's only a picture of the day! But I can assure YooGals, there will be lots of pics to spam! ;)

Whatever it is, if those people who have been helping me with the fan club, feels like they lost interest with it half way, there is nothing I can do to stop them.. I have no control over them or force them to stay... I can only do the best I can.. in hope that they will have the same passion that I have and keep it that way for 2 years... Even if the fan club thing didn't push through, we will still have Yoohouse here to go to..

Guest gryffindorkylie

hi kfaith...

Well, personally, I think there is no perfect answer for your question... How will one sustain the Yoo-interest very much depends on the personality of the individual herself... If one truely loves him because he is Gong Yoo, one will wait no matter what it takes and how long he's MIA and still keep the interest. If a person only like him because of CP the fever now, I think when the fever is over, that feeling will subside as well.. and we will see less of that person around. That's just my personal opinion.. because that is what happened after One Fine Day's era. During the airing time, everyone is so obssesed... then 1-2 months after that, there left only a few of us regulars here...

But there is nothing stopping me from being here unless I'm kicked out... I am a person who can concentrate on liking one celebrity only at one time, and when I like a person, I throws in my heart and passion in. So it's not very easy for me to just leave like that. As long as everything is fine, I will be here. Actually myself and chigurl , Yoobee and Tika, we all had agree that during Gong Yoo's absense for 2 years, we will keep this thread running and active until the day the comes back.. even if it's only a picture of the day! But I can assure YooGals, there will be lots of pics to spam! ;)

I totally agree with you 100%. For me, there have been phases, but I have a few celebs that I have stuck by, even when their career has gone downhill or completely disappeared. I remain dedicated to that person from the moment I like them till almost forever. Another way to fuel the passion is fanfiction. Anyone interested in a YEH and GY / CP fanfic? :P Maybe if there are enough YooGals in one area, they can have get-togethers by watching a Yoo film or a Yoo drama. I do that with the cancelled tv show, Firefly. Firefly fans have get-togethers and we hang out by watching the series, movie, and just talking. =) Just a suggestion. Oh, and I'm planning on either making a LJ community or just a simple site with DLs of GY's work. Sound like a good idea? I know many have problems with BT and Clubbox.

I totally agree with you 100%. For me, there have been phases, but I have a few celebs that I have stuck by, even when their career has gone downhill or completely disappeared. I remain dedicated to that person from the moment I like them till almost forever. Another way to fuel the passion is fanfiction. Anyone interested in a YEH and GY? :P Maybe if there are enough YooGals in one area, they can have get-togethers by watching a Yoo film or a Yoo drama. I do that with the cancelled tv show, Firefly. Firefly fans have get-togethers and we hang out by watching the series, movie, and just talking. =) Just a suggestion. Oh, and I'm planning on either making a LJ community or just a simple site with DLs of GY's work. Sound like a good idea? I know many have problems with BT and Clubbox.

hello gryffindorkylie, I'm like you too.. Actually, I have 2 celebs that I was obsessed with many years ago.. one has passed away, but I remain dedicated to him because he's a really great singer and actor...He will always be in my memories... Gong Yoo reminds me very much of him. and I stayed with my 2nd obsession for like 10 years.. he's in low profile now, but once in a while, when I think of him, I'll grab his cds and play it. and for GY, well, he's still coming back after 2 years.. so there is no reason for me to forget him if I don't forget my previous obsession. :P

he.he.. fan fic.. actually pachlex was thinking about that.. but she haven't make a decision yet I suppose.. but we are all supporting her... get togethers sounds nice but a bit difficult and we can get those only in our areas, which either non or a few only.. but we can always talk here. your suggestion sounds great.. perhaps we can incorporate it into our fan club too later on.. :D

Guest pachlex

Whatever it is, if those people who have been helping me with the fan club, feels like they lost interest with it half way, there is nothing I can do to stop them.. I have no control over them or force them to stay... I can only do the best I can.. in hope that they will have the same passion that I have and keep it that way for 2 years... Even if the fan club thing didn't push through, we will still have Yoohouse here to go to..

amen to that sistah! B) actually, eversince i started liking GY [MTF days], i've been sorta fighting to stay a fan.

see, coz, my mom hates GY... :P when i told her i liked him, she was like:

"ano? gusto mo yan???"

"what? you like THAT guy???"

when she saw my pc's wallie she even went:

"ang pangit naman ng wallpaper mo."

"what an ugly wallpaper."

gah. kill me. i think she's just frustrated coz for the first time ever, we didn't meet in the middle.

her bae yong jun phase... woot! i was there screaming along with her.

her seong sung hun phase... woot! i was also there!

her kwon sang woo phase... woot! i was also there!

and when i said liked numerous korean actors before, she always agreed. [jo in sung, jun ji hun, lee dong wook etc...]

she must be so pissed about me not feeling so ji sup's hotness and going all loyal on GY instead. :P

"But there is nothing stopping me from being here unless I'm kicked out..."

i feel the same way. :) so...

...no matter how crazy i get, don't kick me out okay?

- + -

aalhl and everyone, about the fan fic... hold on, hold on. i'm working on it. eheh. heh. :P

mine's just a one-shot though... FOR NOW.

we'll see if i can work something out that'll keep us going on, and on, and on............ :wub:

Guest gryffindorkylie

hello gryffindorkylie, I'm like you too.. Actually, I have 2 celebs that I was obsessed with many years ago.. one has passed away, but I remain dedicated to him because he's a really great singer and actor...He will always be in my memories... Gong Yoo reminds me very much of him. and I stayed with my 2nd obsession for like 10 years.. he's in low profile now, but once in a while, when I think of him, I'll grab his cds and play it. and for GY, well, he's still coming back after 2 years.. so there is no reason for me to forget him if I don't forget my previous obsession. :P

he.he.. fan fic.. actually pachlex was thinking about that.. but she haven't make a decision yet I suppose.. but we are all supporting her... get togethers sounds nice but a bit difficult and we can get those only in our areas, which either non or a few only.. but we can always talk here. your suggestion sounds great.. perhaps we can incorporate it into our fan club too later on.. :D

Hello aalhl. :) Exactly, you understand what I mean. I'm dedicated to James Dean and Audrey Hepburn and they're long gone. I'm dedicated to Jason Behr, a not famous actor. And I'm positive GY will go straight back into acting once he gets off (probably rest for a month or two). With us fangirls, it will be like he never left and the media will see he's still a hit. :D I can't wait to see what he will look like--a buffer, older, sexier GY. I think I just melted a bit.

I could write a fanfic, but I wouldn't want to damage the name of CP or GY. XD I'll think about it as well. After all, I have to work on my writing skills since I'm majoring in Journalism/Creative Writing. :lol:

I know the get-togethers will be hard, but even if you have one person in the same area that likes GY, it will be alright. OR, watch the same movie at the same time and IM that person so it will be like watching it together. Hahahahha~! So with that, who lives in NY? :P Or who lives in HK? Because I go there for about a month or two every few years.

"But there is nothing stopping me from being here unless I'm kicked out..."

amen to that sistah! B)

...no matter how crazy i get, don't kick me out okay?

aalhl and everyone, about the fan fic... hold on, hold on. i'm working on it. eheh. heh. :P

mine's just a one-shot though... FOR NOW.

we'll see if i can work something out that'll keep us going on, and on, and on............ :wub:

I'll work on one too. Seeing you write one makes me want to write one as well. XD

Woowwwww......... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is ......ONE DIE HARD FAN ...........

I SALUTE YOU.............................. :phew:

well said......... :wacko:

Gong Yoooooo.......YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A LUCKY GUY..... :wub::wub::wub:

Guest mendyoo

mendyoo. Good to see you again. I can feel how excited you were when you saw Gong Yoo in the trailer.. especially when the earlier trailer keeps showing him wiping his leg!! :lol: So what does your friend say about him and Coffee Prince.. did they like it too?

hello aalhl...

even if you're not a GY fan... i don't know how you will react with the trailer hehehe wiping his legs with just a towel around him. so far i'm the only one who've finished the entire series... my friend is still in the beginning part. another one suddenly get her copy of 'my tutor friend' and watch it again for the nth time just to see GY. and we're all in saying that... "boy... he can really act".