Thanks @Noor90 all good here! I hope the same with you :)

@2handsintertwined Just an additional comment, as mentioned many times earlier and put very well to words by @tok-soompi and @Noor90 . Being a long-time fan means you're dedicated in different ways. I come by and like to read and see the updates about GY. I don't feel the need to indulge in writing small comments about his appearance when as a fan I love everything about him :) And it also means that with soon 10 years of being his fan I've become used to his long gaps, I don't feel the need to continuously stalk him EVERYDAY for 10 years. Also as a fan I respect the time he needs off as well after having such a hectic year(s), and also as a hopefully mature fan when he's already a bit fed up with the "fame" part and I would much rather he be happy as a person and do a project when HE feels like it, not because of the peer pressure from fan groups or bases. 

Noor and Ikgy has done a great job maintaining this forum for so long and I respect their time and dedication, I come by and try to leave my few cents on updates from GY and whenever GY has a project I try to be as active as I can. I think by asking why people aren't as active here on soompi won't make it more active also :)

• Like 4

@_Dokkaebi_ wow , you know GY for 10 years i didn't expect it so you're our Sunbae here ^_^ 

i agree with u , i used to his long gap too but what makes me wait for him happily is my love for him & trusting him , it's true  he doesn't have new project now but all of us are sure he'll choose new project and i'm sure this project 'll be great & successful too. he just needs time 

Gong Yoo Transformed into Hamlet With His All Black Outfit

0000581873_001_20170726110344959.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo’s charm changed in an advertising shoot. Gong Yoo turns into Hamlet, the main character in one of Shakespeare’s works in an ad. Seeing Gong Yoo in the behind the scene of the ad has already made our hearts tremble.

In the released photo, from top to bottom, Gong Yoo is wearing a black outfit that makes him look even daring. Gong Yoo’s appearance while sitting on the couch, enjoying his free time, and holding a popcorn with one hand, invited the illusion of scenes depicted in the book. In front of a large glass, he showed a keen look and masculine charisma. Gong Yoo describes the figure of a modern Hamlet, full of charms and makes him look even charming. Meanwhile, Gong Yoo is currently resting and reviewing his next work.

http://my.castko.com/archives/16904

• Like 3

@Noor90 , yeah. My first K-drama was BoF and the second CP :tongue: Can't believe it's been so long! Didn't lurk on the internet much back in the days, but yeah, I've been around on soompi for 7 years now so xD Doesn't seem that crazy to mention 10  years of GY haha.

• Like 3

I really favoured quality over quantity. Be it for GY's works and also the quality of posts here. :)  A better-delivered work and thought is more precious, agree? I think that is why I like quieter actors and men. I miss him though! Patience.. patience...patience. :)

• Like 6

@_Dokkaebi_ @jaysmurf now we have 2 sunbaes :D 10 years is long time . it's true i knew GY for 3 years but comparing to both of u . i feel i'm new fan . Many of GY fans Knew him and liked him because of CP and i'm one of them . Nearly i saw all GY projects " dramas and Movies" but CP still my favorite ^_^

Who can resist this Smile ??????????????

20294452_850404108446556_631663585063773

@gongi i agree with u too , lately GY choose quality over quantity even in his interviews & magazines & CFs and it's the reason his recent projects are so good . i prefer GY takes his time to choose good project more than choosing bad project quickly

@gongi @staygold @kentangbakar @nuryl_gong @tieya1810 @isabelly all of U since when you know GY 

• Like 5

I am in very happy mood today.  :D  then see handsome hamlet, even happier.

@Noor90, i know GY does not go walk red carpet in vip premiere but i am hoping to catch a glimpse of him like how he attended Prison movie.

I thought he already flew to taiwan for the cf, therefore he cannot attend vip premiere.  Apology i got confuse.

• Like 3

Hi everyone. Long time no see. Sorry for being inactive. Don't worry. I'm still love GY. My love for him is unchangeable.  Just I am quite busy right now but still look for GY update when I have time. Just look at his picture make me happy. As a fan, just wait for him to appear with a good project soon. 

I be a GY fan after Goblin. But after watched CP, I am totally falling in love with this awesome actor. Then, try watch all his work. Just cannot resist his charm. He is such a good actor. Seriously. Miss him so much!!! 

• Like 5

@tok-soompi  i find the best way to deal with GY not expecting him attend any event , i'll just wait for his surprises like he did in Louis Vuitton Fashion show :D:D

@jaysmurf yes, we all saw CP but i saw it in 2014 and know GY & K-drama in 2014 too so you're my Senior ^_^

@tieya1810 hello , sister we miss u here , i think once u know GY & dig for his news , interviews  , you'll love him more and more . For me i love him in his interviews more than his role 

We all miss him , want to see him , i wish he'll choose good project soon & work with good directors 

• Like 3

@Noor90 @gongi @jaysmurf & everyone else! Hiiiii!! I'm doing good! And how are you:D 

Sorry for not tagging, my browser and tagging on Soompi is like "refresh, one tag, refresh another tag". Somehow, I can't tag more than one person at one refresh at a time!

But *waves frantically* It's actually been long since I've had the spear time to hang around! But as mentioned, I try to hang out as much as possible. It's funny how 10 years have passed, to be honest, I just remembered 10 years because I was writing that comment :o And also I'm currently re-watching CP, all this talk about it being one of our favourites ever GY project, I felt the urge to just watch something, and he just keeps winning my heart  EVERY TIME :) Besides re-watching CP, I'm currently watching "Father is strange", so I lurk around that thread, but only after each episode to see what's new. Not regularly like this thread. This is home <3 

• Like 5

@Noor90 but for goblin i only watched it in feb/mar this year. so i am still very much a noob. i was not really a fan yet when watching CP. but i like it that he made me laugh in CP and then even more in Goblin.

i choose dramas to watch. i study the reviews before watching. but when i know GY was in Goblin, i know that he will be good. maybe because he is easy to read, so fans know that his works will not disappoint.

• Like 3

@jaysmurf i expected u watch Goblin when started in Dec not in Feb/ Mar :huh:

Usually after actor became more popular & his projects are successful . Fans trust him and watch all his projects  . for me i trust GY more in movies , may be because i love & watch movies more than dramas or may be GY chose many good movies like " ٍSilenced , train to busan , Age of shadows " even though Man and woman wasn't successful in box office i can understand why he choose this movie  , i loved his performance in this movie 

Honestly i want GY choose romantic drama with depth like it's ok that's love . i love him when he shows his emotions , he was good when he showed his emotions in Man and woman especially his last scene when he teared in the car 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, Noor90 said:

. i prefer GY takes his time to choose good project more than choosing bad project quickly

I honestly doesnt have problem with whatever he want to choose, fans have different value on what is bad what is good. For me as long he is happy, it is the project he choose by himself, because he want it, not because anybody. Flop or success is another story. It maybe a flop project in our eyes, but it maybe a success project in  his eyes.

He already a veteran, i want he do whatever he want despite the out come.

• Like 5

Hello to all.  I have been traveling across the United States for the past 6 weeks, reading this forum from time to time.  I miss my Korean dramas!   Here's what I think about Gong Yoo's absence from acting.  He is busy making money.  It's a smart decision on his part to accept as many commercials and endorsements as he can right now, at the height of his popularity.  He's very photogenic and posing is much easier than acting and without all the work memorizing lines and without all the stress.  Plus the sponsors pay his travel and expenses and he gets to go to exotic places and bring along his friends.  So now, he can take his time waiting on a good acting opportunity to come his way as he's getting paid well, having fun, and can more or less choose his own schedule.  What is interesting to me is that American actors sometimes are reluctant to endorse products unless the ads and commercials only air outside the U.S.  They are snobby in a way -- do not want to admit this is the only work they can get.  Some feel it is beneath them as a serious actor.  Sports celebrities on the other hand are different and actively solicit endorsements because the pay is high.   Asian actors seem to do the same.  What do you think?

• Like 2

@kentangbakar yes, he's veteran actor now & can choose good projects , even it's good or bad i'll watch it but let's be honest if he chooses bad script it'll affect him if we accept it , i know GY won't accept it . i'm sure GY has many offers now , he should take his time to choose the best for him but please don't take long time :tongue:

@2handsintertwined my reaction to pic you shared :heart::heart::heart: 

@alohagongyoo hello, Madam how are u ? i wish you have good vacation . i agree with u GY  should take good break after shooting movies & dramas with non stop in 2015 , 2016 and make money too ^_^ . 

International fans should know Korea different from Hollywood . In Hollywood actors are paid alot of money , they are paid millions of dollars that's why they don't need to shoot many CFs only one or 2 unlike Korea actors aren't paid high comparing to Hollywood . top actors in hollywood are paid 30 , 40 , 50 m but in korea  top movie actors are paid only $750000 and in dramas top actors are paid $90000 per episode so nearly 1.4 M for all drama even they do all action scenes without stunts  , their schedule always tight and even don't sleep well to shoot their movies & dramas so K actors shoot so many CFs to make money and actors need only 1 or 2 to shoot this CF not months and & are paid well in CFs

GY is paid now $1 M per CF in Korea & more than $ 2 M outside Korea so let our man make money :D:D 

Even though GY has 300 offers for CFs  , he only chooses 3 cuz he chooses wisely what fits his image like he chooses his movies wisely

• Like 2