@oksanenok i wish you'll always join our chatting and not only a silent reader ^_^

@tieya1810 thank u for broadcast schedul , i think i'll watch it over and over again :D , i hope this interview 'll be deep like his interview with people inside in 2011. Especially GY in 2017 has many thing he can talk about it from Cp , silenced , train to busan , going to Cannes , acting with veteran director & actors in Age of shadows , goblin , winning baeksang 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noor90 said:

I'll post my short review for Silenced like  @nuryl_gong
First i'm sorry if i'm biased cuz silenced has special place in my heart , it' one of best movies i've ever seen and it's the best korean movie for me.

The_Crucible-poster.jpg

What i loved about this movie , it showed the whole truth "the ugly truth" without changing anything from real story , i loved how a movie can make big effects on society and change laws in Korea , and finally it makes me fall in love with GY and respect him as an actor and as a person because he was the reason this movie was made 

story: i won't talk about it since it depends on real story , and it shows how our world is so awful and unfair to those children :(

Acting: was great from GY , yumi , to villain teachers but child actors were the best they were brilliant & impressive i even thought they were really deaf 
They made me feel their pain , i think without them this movie wouldn't be the same .

Directing: i think director did a good job especially this movie was low budget  

best scenes : there're many good scenes in this movie but i'll choose funeral scene when GY holded the child boy pic and said " This boy can't speak or hear , This child name is min su" as best scene , really this scene was so touching , and broke my heart :bawling:. The 2nd scene when GY told the child 'Min su' about settlement and that his grandmother forgave teachers.

what i didn't like is lighting was so dark in most scenes ., i couldn't focus in some scenes because it was so dark , also i felt GY , Yumi characters weren't deep in this movie i think their characters needed more depth 

finally ti can say his movie is perfect , recommended for all GY fans but prepare your tissues first . 

@everyone  i wish to read your opinion , review about this movie

It's a low budget film??? Oh wow! Impressive! The actors were all so good that I could hardly find any flaws! Well, the depth of the character like what you said but overall I'm so so so so so satisfied. And yes! I agree with the two favorite scenes you mentioned! During the funeral, I was too furious with the teachers that I felt like my heart cringed and was about too explode. I couldn't cry at all coz I was too angry! And the fact that I even had a nightmare really showed how impactful the movie was. I posted my review on Facebook and some of my friends start to consider watching it too! :) Am so glad about it!

And to those who has not watched it, I don't only recommend tissues coz I didn't use it, but I would recommend you not to be in any emotional state and be as calm as possible before you start watching. It's too horrendous and emotionally-stricken. Trust me. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nuryl_gong said:

I posted my review on Facebook and some of my friends start to consider watching it too! :) Am so glad about it!

And to those who has not watched it, I don't only recommend tissues coz I didn't use it, but I would recommend you not to be in any emotional state and be as calm as possible before you start watching. It's too horrendous and emotionally-stricken.

It's good that your friends start to consider watching it , This movie needs more attention , more popularity like Train to busan or any other popular movie , it's really impressive how a movie can change laws . i wish in future GY 'll star in social movies like silenced .

Yup , everyone should be prepared before watching it especially young fans 

• Like 3

Shining Gong yoo covers Fashion Magazine in 7 countries 

0003538354_001_20170518083515162.jpg?typ

Gong Yoo and Louis Vuitton X Supreme and Esquire met.
  Actor gong yoo who swept Asia with the drama 'Dokkaebi' became the cover model of Esquire Korea's June, 2017 issue of the best men's  magazine wearing the 2017 F / W Paris collection Louis Vuitton X Supreme. 

Esquire Korea's June 2017 gong yoo  cover story will be released in nine Esquire editions, including Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Vietnam and the Philippines. Seven countries, including Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong,  Gong Yoo is the cover of the entire Esquire Asia edition in June 2017.

This is the first time an actor has put together a cover for the entire month of Esquire Asia Edition.
Esquire is published in 10 countries in Asia. Due to the bilateral relationship, China Esquire did not deal with the gong yoo cover story. It is also difficult for Hollywood luxury actors to appear as Esquire American cover. The status of gong yoo  in Asia means that it has transcended Hollywood stars already.

In June, 2017, Esquire Korea's gong yoo cover 'll be issued in 3 covers .
The cover story is 24P. It is the most blockbuster of Esquire's previous cover story. Over the 15P Louis Vuitton X Supreme also garnered the most attention in the Paris Collection. This is the first time that the Louis Vuitton X Supreme has been released as a picture in the domestic fashion magazine since the Paris Collection. Gong Yoo is the first in Korea to digest Louis Vuitton X Supreme after the Paris Collection.

0003538354_003_20170518083515183.jpg?typ

The filming took place in secret in Lombok, Indonesia. It is the work of Hong Jang Hyun, a fashion photographer representing Korea. The stylist Lee Hye-young, hair stylist Lim Chul-woo and make-up artist Kang Yoon-jin reunited together for a long time. Esquire's fashion editor, Bae Jin-hee, took on the picture. For this shoot, Louis Vuitton drove the Louis Vuitton X Supreme collection, which has only one set of gloves around the world, to the shooting location in a tight security.

Esquire Korea Korea's cover story in June, 2017 published a unique interview with 9P with Gong Yoo . The interview was conducted by the editor-in-chief of Esquire Korea. It is the first official interview after the drama 'Dokkaebi'. The actor, who played a lonely and gorgeous goblin Kimshin, was brilliant in his interviews and told his inner self of the lonely

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003538354

GY power  , he's the first one to have magazine issued in 9 countries at the same time

so proud of him  :wub:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Shining Gong yoo covers Fashion Magazine in 7 countries 

0003538354_001_20170518083515162.jpg?typ

Gong Yoo and Louis Vuitton X Supreme and Esquire met.
  Actor gong yoo who swept Asia with the drama 'Dokkaebi' became the cover model of Esquire Korea's June, 2017 issue of the best men's  magazine wearing the 2017 F / W Paris collection Louis Vuitton X Supreme. 

Esquire Korea's June 2017 gong yoo  cover story will be released in nine Esquire editions, including Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Vietnam and the Philippines. Seven countries, including Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong,  Gong Yoo is the cover of the entire Esquire Asia edition in June 2017.

This is the first time an actor has put together a cover for the entire month of Esquire Asia Edition.
Esquire is published in 10 countries in Asia. Due to the bilateral relationship, China Esquire did not deal with the gong yoo cover story. It is also difficult for Hollywood luxury actors to appear as Esquire American cover. The status of gong yoo  in Asia means that it has transcended Hollywood stars already.

In June, 2017, Esquire Korea's gong yoo cover 'll be issued in 3 covers .
The cover story is 24P. It is the most blockbuster of Esquire's previous cover story. Over the 15P Louis Vuitton X Supreme also garnered the most attention in the Paris Collection. This is the first time that the Louis Vuitton X Supreme has been released as a picture in the domestic fashion magazine since the Paris Collection. Gong Yoo is the first in Korea to digest Louis Vuitton X Supreme after the Paris Collection.

0003538354_003_20170518083515183.jpg?typ

The filming took place in secret in Lombok, Indonesia. It is the work of Hong Jang Hyun, a fashion photographer representing Korea. The stylist Lee Hye-young, hair stylist Lim Chul-woo and make-up artist Kang Yoon-jin reunited together for a long time. Esquire's fashion editor, Bae Jin-hee, took on the picture. For this shoot, Louis Vuitton drove the Louis Vuitton X Supreme collection, which has only one set of gloves around the world, to the shooting location in a tight security.

Esquire Korea Korea's cover story in June, 2017 published a unique interview with 9P with Gong Yoo . The interview was conducted by the editor-in-chief of Esquire Korea. It is the first official interview after the drama 'Dokkaebi'. The actor, who played a lonely and gorgeous goblin Kimshin, was brilliant in his interviews and told his inner self of the lonely

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003538354

GY power  , he's the first one to have magazine issued in 9 countries at the same time

so proud of him  :wub:

I was wandering for a long time why GY visited Indonesia a month ago and now I knew the reason, he was preparing a big surprise for his fans. Finally, he would talk about his hit drama but when he chose to talk, he picked one of the most prestigious magazines. This GY always choosing the best. Good Luck GY and I wish you success the whole way.  

• Like 4

Although Goblin was a hit drama with resounding popularity all over the world but Coffee Prince was my first love and Choi Han Kyul is my ever handsome prince so I chose to share the OST of CP with you all to enjoy my first love.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, nuryl_gong said:

Falling in love even with his fingers... facepalm. 

hahaha...maybe use his hands to help you facepalm...with all the body products he uses

12 hours ago, tieya1810 said:

@marie1986 hi :D

@jaysmurf if KGE need a box to match the eye level. We need many box ? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Not even 160 cm tall. Even his fingers are prettier than me. Sigh.

@nuryl_gong agree with you. 

Let me add another picture of his fingers collection

hahahaha good point !

8 hours ago, Noor90 said:

@tieya1810 Thank u for posting GY videos , but the last pic new or old cuz i never saw it

@IngJGY @oksanenok it seems you're new in GY page so welcome here :blush: Also i find GY so cutee when he speaks in English 

@jaysmurf these 're the rest of pics you post 

kamsahamnida

6 hours ago, oksanenok said:

@Noor90 Thank you for your warm welcome:blush: Well, I was silent reader for awhile and now come to light. Yes, he is extremely cute and at the same time super hot:wub:

welcome welcome !!! :D:D:D

12 hours ago, IngJGY said:

https://timeline.line.me/post/_dZdEdUxl4XLliQf8glGx4RunqlLwECG9QcbEQ4g/1149501529702050263

#CNNTalkAsia #GongYoo on Goblin success:It’s a story that goes beyond human to human relationships and love :heart: 

i think GY never fails to impress

• Like 4

Seems like CNN is teasing us day by day with a little excerpt of the interview pending the day of the actual broadcast. They know us fans are waiting so eagerly for it.Thanks for sharing the clips to the preview of the interview @tieya1810  

@jaysmurf @Noor90 Thanks for sharing the pics for epigram! Made me crave for some muesli and fruits this morning :tongue: I always love the recent photos from epigram. He looks so relax. 

ESQUIRE

So he didn't went to Lombok for a holiday but for a photoshoot?!? The GY power is overwhelming and am happy for him for being the first to have the magazine issued in 9 countries at the same time!! He would probably be like "I don't know why" with an innocent face :D:wink:

• Like 5

Gong Yoo will be on the cover of 'Esquire' in 7 different Asian countries for June!

gong-yoo.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo will be on the cover of 'Esquire' magazine in 7 different Asian countries for the upcoming June issue!

For his June pictorial, Gong Yoo partnered up with the '2017 F/W Louis Vuitton x Supreme' collection. Of 10 total countries within Asia which manufacture 'Esquire' magazine, Gong Yoo will be on the cover of 7 of them in June, in addition to having a pictorial and interview coverage in 9 of them! He'll be on the cover of the magazines in South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Hong Kong. 

The 3 cuts revealed below are the 3 different types of covers for the upcoming issue in Korea. His pictorial took place on the island of Lombok in Indonesia. 
Another Article :
  • Like 4

@everyone

Woah so many updates! Thank you all!

CNN is such a tease and this is probably the first time, they're releasing their interviews like this.  The Goblin power is AMAAAAZINGGGG.....and it hasn't waned since the drama ended.   

I was watching the CNN blurbs, he replied, "yes character, not me". I can imagine all 5,500 Ms Gongs at Taiwan FM go..." Ah ni Sarangheyo, OPPA!!!!" #mydelulu moment

When the CNN interviewer said, "It is okay - you can say it is your great acting...". He just looked at her and tried not to laugh but his eyes were twinkling with mischief.  I can imagine his thoughts were like 'that was so cheesy'.  He looks so young and carefree like this, don't you agree?  I think he must be nervous. He actually shook his head when he made a mistake while trying to explain the love between humans and supernatural being. AND his English has improved greatly! 

@nuryl_gong are you inspecting his limbs from a medical or biological viewpoint? wkakak

Isn't it interesting how GY doesn't attend fashion shows yet he always had the best and most fashionable items from haute couture brands?:tongue: I adore him, but I am also hugely green-eyed! Are you all going to buy this issue of Esquire? 

Congrats @nuryl_gong for graduating from GY Academy of Films. :D Thank you @Nour90 for review too.  We have said before but this film really opened our eyes and got us curious about the actor, Gong Yoo. This film shocked me into thinking a lot. One question: did the demands of our lives desensitised our conscience, compassion and values and thirst for justice? 

@tok-soompi HJM has a cute nephew. GY can hide very well too. At least, his residential address is still undisclosed. And also judging from the Esquire's photo shoot at Lombok, he can be a ninja too, if he wants.  

@kentangbakar I agree with you - he should head out and date. Maybe purposely played the paparazzi by running all over the place... and tried all of them out for a week. :tongue: 

@staygold IKR, His love-hate relationship with the camera and inner conflicts can be so script-worthy.  I hope it is a movie and co-star with another good actor who has the different character from him. hmm... now it sounds like a reality tv show, which hs will never do. Aiyaa...writer-nimS please take note!

@_Dokkaebi_ delulusmurfette sends her greetings! 

@marie1986 I love that song! and also 'a sad thing'..from the same drama.  

@tieya1810  @oksanenok @tanuukiec00kie Hello Hello! So good to see all your posts. 

@jaysmurf

I think there was clip where GY was voted to have the best running posture or something like that. GY was often praised for the ability to pose... apparently he is flexible for a tall guy.  I will share if I find that clip again. 

I'm exhausted the system -all the fonts type and size have gone crazy. :tongue: Have a great night everyone!

• Like 7

@everyone
Fun activity for you. 

1. Identity GY's type.

2. Discuss if you think the results are accurate.

source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/littlethingscom/they-say-the-secret-to-yo_b_7833860.html

They Say The Secret To Your Personality Is The Length Of This Finger. Mine’s Eerily True!

It seems like every time I turn around, science announces some bizarre, and often unpleasant, discovery.

But for the first time in a long while, science has brought forth findings that are not only pleasant, they’re downright fun.

According to recent studies, if you’re looking for an accurate personality test, look no further than your very own hands — more specifically, your ring finger. As it turns out, the length of your ring finger indicates the amount of testosterone you were exposed to in the womb. The longer or shorter it is, the more telling.

I thought this was going to be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, but when I got to my results, I was stunned. I knew that palms allegedly reveal a lot about ourselves, but our fingers?

To see what your hands say about you, compare your hand to the image below.

Please SHARE if you think science can be amazing!

To see what your fingers say about you, straighten out your left hand and compare it to the images below. Hand “A” means your ring finger is longer than your index finger. Hand “B” means your index finger is longer than your ring finger. Hand “C” means your ring and index finger are the same length.
2015-07-20-1437409070-6704232-pic1

Hand “A” means you are charming!
2015-07-20-1437409093-2948070-pic2.jpg

Do others often flirt with you, or respond well to your flirtations? It’s probably because your ring finger is longer than your index finger.

You ooze with confidence and charm, so you tend to take more risks — and they often pay off handsomely. Some might say you can be a bit aggressive, but if you know what you want, why not go for it?

If this doesn’t sound like you, it might be time to make some changes in your life, because your fingers say otherwise! Your perfect profession would be soldier, salesperson, or CEO.

Hand “B” means you’re a natural leader!
2015-07-20-1437409113-1049010-pic3.jpg

RELATED: This Quiz Tells You Which Iconic Celebrity You Could Have Been In A Past Life. I Love My Answer!

Would you consider yourself a confident, take-charge kind of person? If your index finger is longer than your ring finger, then your answer should be “heck yes!”

You were born to lead the pack. In sticky situations, you’re quick on your toes and eager to guide the way. Resourceful, even-tempered, and confident, people look to you for the right answers.

If you don’t agree with this, then your genes are telling you to reassess yourself, because you’re destined to hold the reins. Your ideal job would be politician, author of self-help books, or teacher.

Hand “C” means you’re a good communicator!
2015-07-20-1437409131-8997556-pic4.jpg

Are people always telling you their deepest secrets, even if you don’t know them very well? It’s probably because your ring finger and index finger are the exact same length.

You’re a balanced person who tends to listen twice and speak once, and people are drawn to that. You make others feel comforted and appreciated when they need it most. You’re peaceful, compassionate, and warm, so you’re at your best when helping others.

If you don’t connect with this description, then it’s time to look inwards and find the balanced, softer side of yourself. Your fingers prove that it’s there. Your ideal profession would be nurse, social worker, or therapist.

• Like 4

@gongi i found GY is No.A " Charming " and i'm A too ^_^ then i did the test i got red panda 

Your exotic animal is the Red Panda! You are inquisitive, sweet, and always ready to laugh. You love to explore and have a good time, and you brighten the lives of those around you. You might seem cute on the outside, but there is a strong, resilient spirit within. You are kind, warm, and giving - and people love to love you!
I'm not sure about it but what i know i'm really inquisitive :D

What about u what you got , also i want to know if GY  did this test , which animal he 'll get ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gongi said:

@nuryl_gong are you inspecting his limbs from a medical or biological viewpoint? wkakak

You don't start! Haha :tongue: But I'll be honest with you, his hands are masterpiece, the anatomy of the phalanges and the metacarpals... I can deduce everything clearly. Impressive! 

Hi Folks.  I've had fun browsing this thread.  Someone said Gong Yoo attracts people from 10-50 -- well, make that 70.  My husband and I are in our 60's and 70's and enjoy watching Korean entertainment.  I am a caucasian woman married to a chinese man and live in Hawaii.  We have many Asian friends but neither of us speak Asian languages so I am happy to run across this forum and read the translated interviews and news reports.  I've watched many movies and dramas on our local Korean TV channels and DramaFever and Viki apps.  My favorite GY is Coffee Prince.  I think this man is adorable and in these roles he reminds me of my first love -- yes, way back when.  Sweet memories.

I've now seen a lot of his work and recently finished Goblin.  Honestly I don't think it was his best although I enjoyed the heck out of it.  But unlike many others, I didn't think he and the lead actress had good chemistry.  She seemed too young to me.  

His acting has matured.  He was excellent in Silenced,  the Suspect, Train to Busan, and Big.  Look at the subject matter in Silenced and the character he played so well.  In Suspect, he performed many of those amazing stunts himself.  Train to Busan -- how intense he was protecting his child.   And in Big (hated the ending) he genuinely seemed like a kid, the mannerisms, so funny.  I also watched a Man and  Woman, wow!  But I saw it on a small screen.  Will watch again when it comes on one of my apps on my large screen TV.  

So here's my two cents.  (1) I believe despite what he says that he has angst and regrets about not being nominated for awards for his last three movies.  I am mad at Baeksang (and other Award Sponsors) for not recognizing his stuntwork in Suspect, and his work in Train to Busan and Silenced.  Come on -- all actors want to be recognized for their acting! I think that's why he makes apologies and worries that he didn't do a good enough job.  I think he's fabulous.  There's still time to be nominated for A Man and a Woman.

(2)  I think he and Gong Hyo Jin either are currently lovers or have had an intimate relationship in the past.  They are way comfortable with each other, like people who are in a long term relationship. 

My favorite Korean actor besides Gong Yoo is Ji Sung.  He was amazing in Kill Me, Heal Me playing all those roles.  And extraordinary in Defendant.  Now that man is sexy, at least to this old lady.  Lee Min Ho is cute too but he can grow more, he's still young.  

Ji Sung and family were here in Honolulu recently, heard he was spotted at our local shopping center and Whole Foods grocery, and in Waikiki.  But we often see movie stars here in Hawaii, especially Hollywood stars.  For the most part, people leave them alone.  Remember the TV show "Lost?"  Some of the actors lived in my town Kailua -- used to see them at the drugstore.  Hawaii 5-O is constantly filming all over the island.  I've seen them so many times.  So I don't know how Gong Yoo would fare if he showed up in Hawaii.  Of course if he held a Fan Meet with publicity, obviously there would be more attention.  I wish him well.  Sigh.....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, alohagongyoo said:

Hi Folks.  I've had fun browsing this thread.  Someone said Gong Yoo attracts people from 10-50 -- well, make that 70.  My husband and I are in our 60's and 70's and enjoy watching Korean entertainment.  I am a caucasian woman married to a chinese man and live in Hawaii.  We have many Asian friends but neither of us speak Asian languages so I am happy to run across this forum and read the translated interviews and news reports.  I've watched many movies and dramas on our local Korean TV channels and DramaFever and Viki apps.  My favorite GY is Coffee Prince.  I think this man is adorable and in these roles he reminds me of my first love -- yes, way back when.  Sweet memories.

for real????! Oh madam, thanks for sharing your wonderful story:heart: I'm sure Gong Ji-chul will happy if he read that. What an amazing range his charm penetrating others hahahahaha (I'm sorry if my grammar in havoc, still struggling heheh)

Spoiler

I'm Ji Sung fans too, he is just too shining in Kill Me, Heal Me!!!

the amazing our 'criminal' face doing stunts, The Suspect aarrrgghh (total agree with @alohagongyoo said about his movies works TT)

aaaand... Last night I watched Finding Mr. Destiny (2010) to uplift mood, well it's a light romance story sooo~ here reminiscing a little him as the geeky-clean one and super smokin' Indian scene one! 

tumblr_oihzhko9cp1t30i6do3_400.giftumblr_oihzhko9cp1t30i6do7_400.gif

tumblr_oihzhko9cp1t30i6do5_400.giftumblr_oihzhko9cp1t30i6do1_400.gif

-- “Your first love isn’t always the first love”. 

Source 

looking forward for that Esquire cover in 7 different countries! Asian fans, we've got the same cover from our different world parts~:D well, excellent Asian actor, Gong Yoo:) 

• Like 3