[ May 10,07] Stephen Colbert As " Rain"

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) colbert isn't the one singing korean. it's being lip synched

2) he's actually making fun of the top 100 list... the character he plays on the Colbert Report is a megalomaniac based on bill oreily who thinks he's way more important/famous than he is... what's funny in this piece is that his #1 place on the list is taken by someone even more random than he is. instead of it being someone like oprah or angelina jolie or someone famous for good works it's some random dude (from his perspective) from korea... that's what makes the entire thing funny

3) everything on this show is ironic... exactly the opposite of what he actually says... it's cool rain is mentioned on the show but not one post above actually understood the humor. again he's not making fun of rain, but the list itself, which is so pompous to be able to declare the 100 most important people in the world (voted by random people). colbert has a running gimmick on the show with this list, which he'll pick on periodically

That's hilarious! Haha, he's been battling Bi on the kpop charts, huh? XD I don't know who this guy is but I did find his calling Bi "kid jong il" sort of uncalled for. As for Bi being #1 on TIME's 100 most influential... I don't know, I mean...I feel proud that he's number 1, but at the same time, I feel cheated. The guy in second place got only half of what Bi got. That's a huge gap in the number of votes, therefore I'm thinking netizens did their trick here...XD I would rather that Bi get #1 the right way...

Guest youngnottheold1
1) colbert isn't the one singing korean. it's being lip synched

2) he's actually making fun of the top 100 list... the character he plays on the Colbert Report is a megalomaniac based on bill oreily who thinks he's way more important/famous than he is... what's funny in this piece is that his #1 place on the list is taken by someone even more random than he is. instead of it being someone like oprah or angelina jolie or someone famous for good works it's some random dude (from his perspective) from korea... that's what makes the entire thing funny

3) everything on this show is ironic... exactly the opposite of what he actually says... it's cool rain is mentioned on the show but not one post above actually understood the humor. again he's not making fun of rain, but the list itself, which is so pompous to be able to declare the 100 most important people in the world (voted by random people). colbert has a running gimmick on the show with this list, which he'll pick on periodically

thanks for the explanation

Guest KhmerGuy231

Ha ha! I'ma be all over you like egg on a bibimbap! lol!

Is Bi #1 on the list really? If so, I think that's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Rain is pretty cool, I have his cd in my car, but I don't think he's THAT influential.

Guest XhoXho

That was hilarious!!! hahaha. Though that's probably the a BILLIONTH person that has made fun of that song. Wait 'till they get a hold of the breathing in It's Raining!!! hahahaha. Thank you so much for sharing!

Archived