[ May 10,07] Stephen Colbert As " Rain"

Guest SillyYun

no idea why but i dont find it funny..kinda insulting to asians though..not sure why but i feel like its racism

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mia1981

this is actually a good thing.

he wouldn't waste time making fun of rain if people didn't care about him...

anyway,..very funny lol

Guest cookie.monster

THAT WAS SO EFFING HILARIOUS xD

"I'm gonna be all over you like an egg in a bowl of BIBIMPAP"

PRICELESS~!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest becool

I can't help but take this seriously, even though I know i shouldn't. Wish i wasn't so uptight. lol.

Guest spacebattles

no idea why but i dont find it funny..kinda insulting to asians though..not sure why but i feel like its racism

really? all he did was parody someone's video. i could see if he was like "ching chong kimchi" but he actually sang in korean plus, as far as pop videos go, it was pretty accurate

Guest guchiguchiageugeu

"he's singing in Korean.. he's singing in Korean... he's singing in Korean..."

puhahahahah

Guest eunhae

oh i saw this haha

at first it seemed kind of insulting

but then again, comedy central insults SO many people

so i took it as being a really nice try of being rain.

ahaha, but it was funny

"ham ggae kimchi doh muk goh" lmao

Guest Madisoid

I have read over everyone's commments regarding this parody video and little skit that Stephen Colbert did of "Bi". Personally, I did not find it humorious like most people here on the forum. Yes, people are made fun of all the time on Comedy Central... therefore we can see that Bi has received some recognition in the U.S., which is a good thing. However, I believe this has been taken a little far. As a viewer, someone who is of non-asian decent and really pushing to get other communities into the Korean music scene it hurts me to see a skit like this performed. Asians are already not considered in the US markets mainstream music media and now to even point fingers and make it more of a joke does not add any positive feedback. This kind of joke will make the US public, who is already closed minded to the idea of Asian pop artists coming into the US market, not accept them even more. I work hard to help promote Korean music here in the California with my fellow staff members on our forum... and to see this just makes me really insulted as a fan and sorry for the artist in particular. Hopefully, Rain does not get a bad rep for this type of joke due to him having a concert coming up in the Bay Area. If I was a star from Asia and I wanted to break into the US market, after watching this, would you still want to perform over here? Just some things to think about.

I do know other may not agree with me on some of my opinions, but I do feel strongly about what I wrote above. No need to start arguments or anything. Just wanted to add some thoughts to this discussion.

Thanks for reading,

Amy Madden

Guest jiyuhnn

I have read over everyone's commments regarding this parody video and little skit that Stephen Colbert did of "Bi". Personally, I did not find it humorious like most people here on the forum. Yes, people are made fun of all the time on Comedy Central... therefore we can see that Bi has received some recognition in the U.S., which is a good thing. However, I believe this has been taken a little far. As a viewer, someone who is of non-asian decent and really pushing to get other communities into the Korean music scene it hurts me to see a skit like this performed. Asians are already not considered in the US markets mainstream music media and now to even point fingers and make it more of a joke does not add any positive feedback. This kind of joke will make the US public, who is already closed minded to the idea of Asian pop artists coming into the US market, not accept them even more. I work hard to help promote Korean music here in the California with my fellow staff members on our forum... and to see this just makes me really insulted as a fan and sorry for the artist in particular. Hopefully, Rain does not get a bad rep for this type of joke due to him having a concert coming up in the Bay Area. If I was a star from Asia and I wanted to break into the US market, after watching this, would you still want to perform over here? Just some things to think about.

I do know other may not agree with me on some of my opinions, but I do feel strongly about what I wrote above. No need to start arguments or anything. Just wanted to add some thoughts to this discussion.

Thanks for reading,

Amy Madden

couldnt agree more<3 and no offense but bi is oriental looking.. he's really not that great of a singer or a rapper.. he has a horible accent when he speaks in english and hes full of himself AND the only thing he really CAN do is dance.. kind of. --

Guest MissMonika

couldnt agree more<3 and no offense but bi is oriental looking.. he's really not that great of a singer or a rapper.. he has a horible accent when he speaks in english and hes full of himself AND the only thing he really CAN do is dance.. kind of. --

I don't think it's fair of you to make assumptions like "he is full of himself." I know that everyone has different opinions of different performers but you don't know him personally and shouldn't judge him by what you see on tv or hear about him from second hand accounts. And um, of course he is "oriental looking." He's Korean, of course he's gonna look Asian. I don't know what you mean by that but that comment in itself sounds racist.

Anyways, moving on. I wonder what Bi's reaction to this video is, if he's seen it. He'd probably get a kick out of it.

Guest clairdeluned
:lol: I saw it on TV with my parents and we were all cracking up. I love Stephen Colbert, he's freaking amazing hahaha

Archived