Miss Universe 2007 Contestants

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest babygirl05

Bottom line: Japan won and nothing can be changed now. She deserved every piece of that crown not because of last year but because she was great.

What I don't like about this year pageant was the rudeness of Zuleyka and the Mexicans. Please there's no need to boo and why frown when the whole world is watching you on your last day as Miss Universe, no greeting, no hug that's fine with me but at least congratulate your successor. <_< I'm very confident that Riyo would do a better job than Zuleyka as Miss Universe, no doubt about that.

I hope Japan host it next year. :w00t:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I heard PR is hosting again

I dnt wanna say this coz it will definitely generate a lot of hate towards the organization but Miss philippines was on the original top 15 along with spain. but since the miss universe gets to pick 6 out of the top 15, girls who ranked 9th to 15th in the preliminaries are bye bye!

Ohh yeh I remember hearing about this

that stinks man and it's so unfair

Guest pandoras0nymph

hm puerto rico won it straight 4 years and then now philippines won it 3 times straight, maybe they wanna win one more next year. which country is next?hehe

If Miss Philippines was on the top 5, she'd kick everyone's butt, she's a summa cum laude studying law!

I dnt wanna say this coz it will definitely generate a lot of hate towards the organization but Miss philippines was on the original top 15 along with spain. but since the miss universe gets to pick 6 out of the top 15, girls who ranked 9th to 15th in the preliminaries are bye bye!

yep...she's a very smart girl...but like i said, she's bland...she lacked the poise and charm miriam quiambao had... i ddint liked her gown or her hairstyle... she looked like she was just a trophy girl or something... they ddnt style her well... it was unfair, if only she was included in top 5 she wouldve answered great! she's a smart girl... and also very fluent in english.. she came from one of the best universities in the phils.

Guest ehytee7

someone posted it in the miss mexico board, the person was volunteering with the organizations and MU's picks were Ukraine and Nicaragua, dnt knw who the others were.

Miss Mexico board where?? here on soompi??

so the prelim judges picks their own top 15 or just 6 candidates to complete the top 15??

i'm getting mixed up.. haha

Guest GoRgYnA

Miss Mexico board where?? here on soompi??

so the prelim judges picks their own top 15 or just 6 candidates to complete the top 15??

i'm getting mixed up.. haha

lol not here, i forgot the link

but yeah miss universe gets to pick 6 out of the top 15, so the girls who placed from 9-15 in the prelims are booted off the list unless they are one of the picks.

Bottom line: Japan won and nothing can be changed now. She deserved every piece of that crown not because of last year but because she was great.

What I don't like about this year pageant was the rudeness of Zuleyka and the Mexicans. Please there's no need to boo and why frown when the whole world is watching you on your last day as Miss Universe, no greeting, no hug that's fine with me but at least congratulate your successor. <_< I'm very confident that Riyo would do a better job than Zuleyka as Miss Universe, no doubt about that.

I hope Japan host it next year. :w00t:

People predicted that it's going to be in Tokyo but I really think it's impossible because they don't even televise miss universe in there. Apparently, they are aware that they won but it's not really big in there. It's probably because Japan is a FASHION country, not much on beauty pageants, like Italy and France. Donald was like, I heard Japan goes totally insane for this, well, he heard wrong.

And all the countries who hosted the pageant has lost some serious bucks. Ecuador in 2004 had a net loss, Thailand was lucky because Trump didn't make them pay due to the Tsunami, and Mexico now has to pay $20 Million dollars!

What I find stupid about MUO is that they offer countries to host the pageant but then asks for a big price.

http://www.milenio.com/mexico/milenio/nota.asp?id=513874

$20 MILLION DOLLARS!! That's a big loss on Mexico who's supposed to gain money for hosting. I won't be surprised if this pageant never leaves North America. I hope it's in New York next year.

Guest ehytee7

^ okay thanks..

o yeah..i've read this in voyforums (idk..if the site is credible or not)..i'll just quote what i've read from his post since i'm too lazy to type them..

Insider says Spain(11th), Paraguay(12th), Greece(13th), Serbia(14th), and Philippines(15th) were in the actual top 15 but were excluded in the final Trump approved list. They were replaced by Thailand, India, Nicaragua, Tanzania and Ukraine.

*i decided to edit my post as not to create any more discussion about the post that i saw from other forums..coz yeah.. they might not be credible :)

To ensure high scores for Riyo Mori, they invited a Japanese using a Korean actor’s name as one of the judges Mr. Lee.

Gee why would they do that?

Is he real japanese?Coz i don't know him.

I hope it isn't true,coz what's with the changing of the name.?

Anyway,

It still won't change anything.The pageant is over.

Guest pandoras0nymph

wow...20 million is a huge amount.... i would agree...if its a net based poll filipinos all over the world would spend their money or time just to vote..thats how devoted we are to our candidate but were not violent and rude like mexico

Guest rockydonnatelli

Gee why would they do that?

Is he real japanese?Coz i don't know him.

I hope it isn't true,coz what's with the changing of the name.?

Anyway,

It still won't change anything.The pageant is over.

James Kyson Lee is Korean..

he was born in Seoul... I did a search on him.

Guest shinigami*doll

whats with all these unbackable rumours and stuff ppl are throwing out.

yes it's over people, go grab a bottle of VB and celebrate for gods sake!!

even if the rumours were true, i still say, its over, its done, for 2007 anyway.

unless ur hiro nakamura from heroes and can turn back time and i dunno influence the outsome somehow then i rekon all this wingeing is for NOTHING.

gosh. :P

make peace ^^

go asia!!

Guest l0ve.tvxq

i think japan look pretty.

hahas.

but korea is also gorgeous. hehes

and i just realise that indonesia entered miss universe this year. LOLS.

Guest darkmagii

god i wish i could 1day fly to Korea and meet Honey Lee in person =) i prolly won't be able to control myself at the mere sight of her mesmerizing beauty

^I agree 100%

if Kurura would have won last year Riyo would not have won

this year! :rolleyes:

But the pageant has been over for weeks

so just let Riyo rock, all we can do is wait til next year.

btw is it me or did Riyo and Kurura share like

all the same dresses?? :blink:

I really liked that pink dress Riyo wore

it looked like Pink lemonade lol and it was sooo nice.

Guest darkmagii

without kurara chibana, riyo mori would not have won.. *sighs*

omg Kurara looks so much better in that dress....I agree without Kurara, Riyo wouldn't have won this year.....Kurara should've won it last year so this year it could've gone to Miss Korea but oh wellz damn Kurara Chibana is fine.....but Honey Lee is better =)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived