Miss Universe 2007 Contestants

Guest GoRgYnA

I still feel like Japan was the weakest link

and I am so angry over her victory

but if she won oh well

its all politics anyway, I can careless about this anymore!

People are still very :crazy: about it

Regis and Kelly were kinda :mellow: this morning

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

Personally I think the top 5 was pretty predictable

Well YUh there were scores lol, so you know who proceeds to the top 5.

I still feel like Japan was the weakest link

and I am so angry over her victory

but if she won oh well

its all politics anyway, I can careless about this anymore!

People are still very :crazy: about it

Regis and Kelly were kinda :mellow: this morning

i think you're being unfair to riyo by saying that her win was because of politics.

ok, i myself agree that she wasn't the prettiest but she delivered and the judges love her, plus in the top 5 she had the best answer, so obviously she's gonna win. i myself wanted miss korea and miss usa to be on the top two but maybe due to nervousness they went into 'pageant patty mode'. riyo worked hard for this and i think it's really unfair for people to blame her win over politics. saying she ain't pretty is ok but saying she didn't deserve it is kind of a different story.

and weakest link, yes she was facially, but in terms of catwalk and confidence she's one of the best ones up there! she had the highest score for swimsuit.

and more people are like, it's because kurara chibana didn't win last year, so what? Trump doesn't give a crap about that. in 1999 philippines deserved to win, did they win in 2000? in 2001 some people are saying puerto rico didn't deserve to win because she was crowned in her homeland and greece should have won, did greece make it in 2002?

Well YUh there were scores lol, so you know who proceeds to the top 5.

i think you're being unfair to riyo by saying that her win was because of politics.

ok, i myself agree that she wasn't the prettiest but she delivered and the judges love her, plus in the top 5 she had the best answer, so obviously she's gonna win. i myself wanted miss korea and miss usa to be on the top two but maybe due to nervousness they went into 'pageant patty mode'. riyo worked hard for this and i think it's really unfair for people to blame her win over politics. saying she ain't pretty is ok but saying she didn't deserve it is kind of a different story.

Well that's my opinion

I don't believe she was the best out of 78 delegates

I believe it's all politics

everyone is still :crazy: over her victory

Like I said I was watching Regis and Kelly

and they sounded very unpleased about it.

She wasnt on any newspaper covers or anything

cuz no one really cared she won.

I do believe it's because Kurara lost last year

I was telling my friends I had a feeling in my gut that

she would win because of that.

It's different because everyone got up in arms about Chibana's loss.

Guest ehytee7

(gorgyna) i really like your avatar.. still can't believe honey lost..she was one of the prettiest candidates there..

^ btw..what's regis and kelly? is it like a talk show or somethin?

Guest Illest

Did they just pick up a random peasant off the street for Miss China? This is just proves the fact that the Chinese have no fashion sense what-so-ever... or just strengthens the stereotype that China produces the ugliest people in the world. Either way, they just screwed them selves over with Miss mail-order-bride here.

And Honey Lee got robbed. There is no way Miss Japan could've succeed Miss Korea with a face like that.

(gorgyna) i really like your avatar.. still can't believe honey lost..she was one of the prettiest candidates there..

^ btw..what's regis and kelly? is it like a talk show or somethin?

yep it's a daytime talk show

Regis was like "She'll er...make a good Miss U"

but she will be on there show next week

since Regis is good pals with trump

they like showed her pic

and usually when they do that people clap

and no one clapped, not at all.

and people are saying Zulkeya and Brazil were rude to her

do not forget Miss Japan was a big diva throughout there stay in Mexico, which was another reason I didnt want her to win.

She was talking trash about many of the delegates.

Guest pinkpiglet

I am sorry but miss japan should of been crowned last year.

exactly what i think...

i'm still trying to get over it LOL

but i guess japan 2007's not that bad...

and weakest link, yes she was facially, but in terms of catwalk and confidence she's one of the best ones up there! she had the highest score for swimsuit.

and more people are like, it's because kurara chibana didn't win last year, so what? Trump doesn't give a crap about that. in 1999 philippines deserved to win, did they win in 2000? in 2001 some people are saying puerto rico didn't deserve to win because she was crowned in her homeland, did they make it in 2002?

yeah exactly what i was trying to say.

BUT i still just wanted kurara to win so badly last year.

no one can make up that...it's not like she can run again =[

you guys keep saying "she's pretty" and "She's not pretty"

but miss universe is just not all about being pretty or not.

it's everything that you can do to win judges' heart

and i feel like miss japan kinda did show that.

anyway i think we should just stop...either

it's giving excuse for korea because of the translator

or not being satisfied with miss japan's victory....

guys...it is over and it is what it is.

it'll be better next year (i'm hoping)

if you're sad about korea...well you can keep

yourself busy by watching miss korea 2008 in june :unsure:

one real quick comment though...

there shouldn't be any one of those 77 girls

that doesn't deserve being crowned.

because you know what? they worked their

butts off to even get there and you have no idea.

so please don't say someone doesn't deserve to be crowned.

I just wish 11 months would pass like really fast.

I hope the next pageant is more exciting

:wacko:

Rachel Smith is still my Miss Universe

she does great things and a good heart with or without that mikimoto crown

on her head. <3 Rachel Renee Smith

but I think that Venzuela should have won

when it came down to it.

Guest losborrachos

in 2001 some people are saying puerto rico didn't deserve to win because she was crowned in her homeland and greece should have won, did greece make it in 2002?

i remember that year so well... puerto rico was a great candidate but greece was just stunning -> that's how my bias for greece came to be... and you have a point there...

anyways, lucasbunny, since day 1 you keep saying that it's all politics and your dear miss usa won't win, but i kinda don't buy it... you keep posting here saying how much you love rachel smith and hope she wins, which is great, but now that someone else wins, you're saying she doesn't deserve it? funny cos i remember you complaining about how others say the latinas shouldn't win because they don't deserve it or miss mexico shouldn't win because she has home advantage... the thing is, if usa won, or if one of the latinas did, would you still have said it's all politics? i'm not trying to antagonize you here (the inconsistencies of your posts do it for me), but come on, give the girl a slack... she worked just as hard as usa did to win this...

besides, i'm not surprised they're not making a huge fuss over it here... no one, really no one i know even watched the competition... in general i don't think people even care... why bother with miss universe when you have a bevy of beauties and world-renown celebrities right here in hollywood?

Guest SillyYun

Miss universe 2006 changed alot..i guess cos she got sponsors and lotsa $$$ from ads to change herself..her face is not as skinny as before, and not so squarish..

I wanted korea to win..honey's translator is so wrong, shes like interrupting her..ARGH!

Guest miss sweetie

Did they just pick up a random peasant off the street for Miss China? This is just proves the fact that the Chinese have no fashion sense what-so-ever... or just strengthens the stereotype that China produces the ugliest people in the world. Either way, they just screwed them selves over with Miss mail-order-bride here.

And Honey Lee got robbed. There is no way Miss Japan could've succeed Miss Korea with a face like that.

no fashion sense?

wtf? This is a beauty pageant, NOT a fashion show.

and what kind of a stereotype is that?

Oh yeah, even though I didn't like Miss Japan.

She was pretty good as well. She answered her question directly, and showed a lot of confidence.

Yeah she isn't as pretty as Miss Korea (in my opinion) but Miss Universe isn't just all about the face.

i remember that year so well... puerto rico was a great candidate but greece was just stunning -> that's how my bias for greece came to be... and you have a point there...

anyways, lucasbunny, since day 1 you keep saying that it's all politics and your dear miss usa won't win, but i kinda don't buy it... you keep posting here saying how much you love rachel smith and hope she wins, which is great, but now that someone else wins, you're saying she doesn't deserve it? funny cos i remember you complaining about how others say the latinas shouldn't win because they don't deserve it or miss mexico shouldn't win because she has home advantage... the thing is, if usa won, or if one of the latinas did, would you still have said it's all politics? i'm not trying to antagonize you here (the inconsistencies of your posts do it for me), but come on, give the girl a slack... she worked just as hard as usa did to win this...

besides, i'm not surprised they're not making a huge fuss over it here... no one, really no one i know even watched the competition... in general i don't think people even care... why bother with miss universe when you have a bevy of beauties and world-renown celebrities right here in hollywood?

No I never said that Mexico shouldnt win

I said I don't think she will win because of home advantage, there is a difference

if she deserved to win then she did, but she didnt this year. If USA would have won maybe it could have been politics I don't know, but I wanted her to win because I felt she was a great delegate, I hope they wouldnt pick her due to politics, that's something I was afraid of.

But I feel like most of the time when Miss USA does make top 15 it's all politics, I mentioned before I never root for USA, but I rooted for her this year because I felt she was actually deserving this time!

I just feel like Riyo won because of what happened last year and I stand by it, I wanted Miss USA to win

but there were probably better delegates, in the very end I think Venzuela was the most deserving.

Riyo was the last person I expected to win, I am still shocked at her victory

but if she won she won

nothing can be done about it, just let her rock

I just felt like there were so many better delegates

Angola was one of them. also like u I was rooting for Miss Greece

(she should have won photogenic)

But I don't see why people are getting mad about people disagreeing on her victory and telling others to leave it be, last year Zulkeya got the business from everyone, this is nothing compared to that.

Even if people say she didnt deserve to win, there were so many borderline racist comments it wasnt even funny.

btw for people that didnt know

China was handpicked!

Guest losborrachos

No I never said that Mexico shouldnt win

I said I don't think she will win because of home advantage, there is a difference

if she deserved to win then she did, but she didnt this year. If USA would have won maybe it could have been politics I don't know, but I wanted her to win because I felt she was a great delegate, I hope they wouldnt pick her due to politics, that's something I was afraid of.

I just feel like Riyo won because of what happened last year and I stand by it, I wanted Miss USA to win

but there were probably better delegates, in the end I think Venzuela was the most deserving.

Riyo was the last person I expected to win, I am still shocked at her victory

but if she won she won

nothing can be done about it, just let her rock

But I don't see why people are getting mad about people disagreeing on her victory and telling others to leave it be, last year Zulkeya got the business from everyone, this is nothing compared to that.

Even if people say she didnt deserve to win, there were so many borderline racist comments it wasnt even funny.

btw for people that didnt know

China was handpicked!

i hope this won't turn into one of those pages-long arguments, but i was actually referring to when you said it's unfair for others to claim mexico shouldn't win because she has the home advantage... you're essentially saying the same thing as those people when you said japan won because of politics...

anyways, i totally missed the pageant last year, i was chillin' in mexico and channeling all my energy into the 2006 world cup (where similarly my 2nd favorite candidate ultimately won the prize and i had to hear over and over again that they "totally don't deserve it")... but dang ppl shouldn't have said those things and made racist comments about zuleyka, either, no matter how awesome kurara was...

Guest shinigami*doll

congrats to miss japan!!!!!

totally unexpected but still, its great for us ^^

ahhaha.

congrats to miss korea for making it in top 5!!

im so proud of being asian ^^

Guest pencilcasee.

i wanted korea to win, but i have to give props to japan. she was there to win and she did her thing. she's not the prettiest, but she has charisma, confidence, and is articulate to an extent. i don't think she won because kurara lost last year and if that was the reason at least riyo is capable of being a good miss universe. but i have to agree, miss universe is going down hill every year. it needs some serious fixing up. like the miss photogenic award. it's always puerto rico or the phillipines every year. come on now! they should change the process. i don't agree with the online voting.

Guest rockydonnatelli

Poor rachel smith..i admire her for putting on the brave face and not showing uneasiness.

Does anyone know who made last miss universe green dress??

Guest ehytee7

and people are saying Zulkeya and Brazil were rude to her

do not forget Miss Japan was a big diva throughout there stay in Mexico, which was another reason I didnt want her to win.

She was talking trash about many of the delegates.

okay i'm sorry for having so many questions..but how did Zuleyka and Miss Brazil became rude to her?

the only trashing thing i heard from her was when she apparently told her handler or manager whatever you call that.. that Miss Philippines said that she wasn't asian during the photoshoot which wasn't true.. so that incident made me not to root for her.. hehe..

i hope this won't turn into one of those pages-long arguments, but i was actually referring to when you said it's unfair for others to claim mexico shouldn't win because she has the home advantage... you're essentially saying the same thing as those people when you said japan won because of politics...

anyways, i totally missed the pageant last year, i was chillin' in mexico and channeling all my energy into the 2006 world cup (where similarly my 2nd favorite candidate ultimately won the prize and i had to hear over and over again that they "totally don't deserve it")... but dang ppl shouldn't have said those things and made racist comments about zuleyka, either, no matter how awesome kurara was...

Well people always say

"Ohhhh it's so biased towards latinas da da da" like the winning latinas are never deserving and they just pick random latinas, I said if she deserves to win, then why get upset, if she shines that night then let her rock

I just feel like Japan didnt shine that night, it just seems so strange that last year when Chibana lost, everyone went crazy and then the next year japan wins, it just seemed so odd to me.

it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, maybe I'm blind and everyone saw something I didnt.

I still can't believe she won I said in the other thread I havent been this upset since antm cycle 5's winner, but like I said let her rock and enjoy her reign.

okay i'm sorry for having so many questions..but how did Zuleyka and Miss Brazil became rude to her?

Well everyone says that Brazil didnt want to hug her and kept her arms behind her back and Zulkeya had a weird look on her face when she crowned her.

I dunno cuz I turned off the television.

Guest GoRgYnA

I just feel like Japan didnt shine that night, it just seems so strange that last year when Chibana lost, everyone went crazy and then the next year japan wins, it just seemed so odd to me.

i wanna go back to last year crown kurara and what's funny about last year was sooo many people were like you only like kurara coz she's asian and now that an asian won people here still complain which proves that it doesn't matter what the race of the winner is, it's who performed best.

and i wnt say ur wrong because people have different opinions; some people say riyo rocked and some say she was way too over the top trying desperately hard to win.

Well everyone says that Brazil didnt want to hug her and kept her arms behind her back and Zulkeya had a weird look on her face when she crowned her.

I dunno cuz I turned off the television.

Very classy Zuleyka, very classy. (sarcasm) I don't know what her problem was. Brazil held Japan for awhile then she kept her arms behind her back, she was smiling though. I didn't like Brazil though, she was soo tacky for me, so pageanty in her moves, and the way she always tilted her head. From that top 5, it was really Korea or USA for me. I was heartbroken that my Angola didn't make it lol. The judges gave her such A LOWWW score in gown!

i wanna go back to last year crown kurara and what's funny about last year was sooo many people were like you only like kurara coz she's asian and now that an asian won people here still complain which proves that it doesn't matter what the race of the winner is, it's who performed best.

and i wnt say ur wrong because people have different opinions; some people say riyo rocked and some say she was way too over the top trying desperately hard to win.

Very classy Zuleyka, very classy. (sarcasm) I don't know what her problem was. Brazil held Japan for awhile then she kept her arms behind her back, she was smiling though. I didn't like Brazil though, she was soo tacky for me, so pageanty in her moves, and the way she always tilted her head. From that top 5, it was really Korea or USA for me. I was heartbroken that my Angola didn't make it lol. The judges gave her such A LOWWW score in gown!

Well if u were reading all of the racist comments in that thread u would see why

I said that. calling Zulkeya "A plastic puerto rican" and all kinds of things.

I remember someone saying "Latinas always win, its time for the asian beauty to shine, because we are more beautiful and intelligent people"

that's one comment that still left me like :huh: I didnt say what I said for nothing.

yeh I was sad Angola didnt make it either

and she was one of my favs since day 1.

But there's always next year

btw I didnt even see the what happened with the crowning thing :o

maybe they got into it in mexico or something.

Archived