Miss Universe 2007 Contestants

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest reuniw

Judging from the photos, Japan looks kind of plain. She wears A LOT of makeup to cover up for her plainness. Eh. I remember last year's Japan was much prettier. Korea's much more beautiful than Japan. But I missed it last night so Japan could've done better on other category, but Japan's not very pretty IMO but congratz to an asian winning Miss Universe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pinkpiglet

Actually, the translator did not even explain to her what "superpower" means. And of couse she would be disappointed, she prepared a lot for this. I think she was the most cultured and she reprsents the Korean Sprit. She is proud of her country and her culture. I don't think Miss Japan last year was that pretty. Miss Korea this year is chrismatic and much more beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if you guys are saying that honey is smart

then she should at least know what super power means.

even my mom who only knows how to say like "hi"

knew what that meant and how to answer.

it's just that she didn't really answer the question very well.

she was too focusing on "i want to help people"

that's just how i see it...she was a bit panicy in the beginning too.

in my opinion, miss japan 2006 was so much prettier

and she had that graceful natural looking going on

and also she answered her question quite well.

Korea wasn't about money. She said being able to help people to the best of abilities was what she wanted as a superpower, whether is was with strength, intelligence, or money and because of that she wished she also had a never ending flow of money so she can help with. The translator did a horrible job, especially cutting her off so many times. Let her finish a sentence before you translate!!!!

you know...translating is kinda HARD and

they might not remember if she let her just keep talking.

Judging from the photos, Japan looks kind of plain. She wears A LOT of makeup to cover up for her plainness. Eh. I remember last year's Japan was much prettier. Korea's much more beautiful than Japan. But I missed it last night so Japan could've done better on other category, but Japan's not very pretty IMO but congratz to an asian winning Miss Universe.

i think korea looks plain without make up too.

but yeah japan 2006 was much gorgeous and beautiful.

this is like japan hate thread in here -_-

not that i LOVE japan but...i mean she's pretty decent

and i honestly think she's a bit better than korea.

Guest babigurl

OMG... why is miss china is so ugly?

there are sooo many pretty girls in china, why did they pick her???

OMG.. makes me sooo mad!!!!

Guest Luvables

I don't know if i already typed in this thread.. but like in the other threads I said that Japan deserved to win Miss Universe. She answered her question very well and she had the confidence and stage presence. Miss Korea was pretty but her answer didn't make sense to me so I knew that she wasn't going to win. I don't know if it was her translator or what. Miss USA... I can't believe she made it in the top 5.. I was 100% sure that she was not going to win after that fall. I heard that last year Miss Japan's translator mistranslated her answer and it DOES make a difference.. so I just think that Miss Universe either need to learn English so that they can answer the question themselves without a translator.. or They just need to pick better translators. =T

Guest GoRgYnA

I don't know if i already typed in this thread.. but like in the other threads I said that Japan deserved to win Miss Universe. She answered her question very well and she had the confidence and stage presence. Miss Korea was pretty but her answer didn't make sense to me so I knew that she wasn't going to win. I don't know if it was her translator or what. Miss USA... I can't believe she made it in the top 5.. I was 100% sure that she was not going to win after that fall. I heard that last year Miss Japan's translator mistranslated her answer and it DOES make a difference.. so I just think that Miss Universe either need to learn English so that they can answer the question themselves without a translator.. or They just need to pick better translators. =T

Japan did have the best answer so she won. You have to admit she wasn't the prettiest though but it was a well deserved win.

But i am honestly glad zuley's reign is over, i'm glad she's gone, no class at all, did you see her sour face when she was crowning japan? not even one sign of congratulatory. what was that all about? ok she was interviewed by telemundo and she said she wanted to give up her crown and stuff but they didn't allow her so meaning she is mad at the crown but that doesn't mean she can't wear a frikken smile when she crowned miss japan, good riddance to the most unpopular miss universe ever. Whatever her reason was, I still don't accept it unless someone in her family died that day because all the miss universe who crowned their successors were class acts, even amelia vega who was actually a beeyatch.

This year has been a whirlwind! USA falling, USA being booed, unexpected winner, whoa!

AND HOW IS JAPAN NOT DESERVING? SHE HAD THE BEST ANSWER THEREFORE SHE WON. I HONESTLY SAID THAT I DIDN'T WANT HER TO WIN AND HOW I THOUGHT THAT SHE WASN'T PRETTY ENOUGH TO BE MISS UNIVERSE BUT SAYING SHE'S NOT DESERVING IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING BECAUSE IT WAS CLEARLY A WELL-DESERVED WIN.

Guest JooLee

really? i loved japan XD i thought she was really natural in competing and she had an awesome personaility

Its not always about the looks right?

i felt so bad that they were booing USA TT^TT

Guest csnrain

...alot of people are saying we're bashing her but we're merely expressing our opinion that we thought others were more deserving...or at least most of us are not being unnecessarily rude...

anyhow, after cooling off from last night, I'll just say congrats! to riyo. She really isn't that bad...(although how she won and last year's didn't is still beyond my comprehension...)

I thought this thread turned into Honey bashing thread too <_<

Of how she had surgeries(without a proof) and how her answer is dumb... <_<

It was the translators mistake IMO,and past is past please go on with your lives and respect each 2007 candidate here.

*ARASO? *comprender? por favor.

Though i didn't like the judges decision,what can we do?

Honey in evening gown

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.swf?movie...2&skinNum=1

Do the math here:Their final scores

Swimsuit //Gown

=================

1. BRAZIL 9.560 9.599

2. KOREA 9.458 9.183

3. JAPAN 9.599 8.943

4. VENEZUELA 8.971 9.510

5. USA 8.995 8.754

Plus +Final scores?=

Guest pandoras0nymph

i do agree... in my opinion... having a translator consumes time. and, its unfair too for the contestant coz their answers are translated very bad. learning english is hard for some but it is very beneficial..

Guest goodvibrations

Riyo Mori, Miss Japan 2007, crowned Miss Universe 2007 on Monday night, poses 29 May 2007 at a hotel in Mexico City.

74352073kj2.jpg

74352060jn5.jpg

74352055zr2.jpg

74352021oe5.jpg

Guest teephanie

lolss ive been looking for this thread everywhere

my bestfriend and I were watching the pagent over the phone and we were practically screaming when Japan OWNED brazil lolss

of course we both wanted Korea to win, but if not korea then at least japan right?

represent! lolss..im not japanese or korean..but at least shes representing the asians..lolss

Personally I think the top 5 was pretty predictable

USA..like duh lolss shes freaking USA, they ALWAYS make it to the top 5

Korea: b/c she was just so darn gorgeous

Brazil and Ven': I so knew some latin country was going to make it into the 5..it was so obvious

and Japan..I dunno she was the last one to be called, but before they even called her I was like "its guna be japan"

NOW OMGGG dont get me started on the rankingss lolss

this is what I originally had in mind for the rankings

5. Japan

4.Brazil

3.USA

2. Korea

1. Ven'

Honest to god I thought it was guna be something like this, but I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK when I practically got everything wrong lolss

--I thought Korea and Japan werent guna win for sure but at least 2nd cause you know..asian countries never win..boy was I WRONG lolss

and I thought ethier brazil or Ven' was guna win b/c we win in mexico so yeahs..

but I didnt really like brazil tho..to me she gave off a really arrogant vibe for some reason

and USA..well its USA..and she was actually really pretty and TALL compared to last yr. so Id at least expect her to be 3rd or something..and it was soo sad when she was boo'ed during her final question =\

I totally agree with everyone, korea's translater was BLEEPED' lolss

like she was soo bad, kept studdering, I mean even if the answer wasnt awesome, the translater makes all the difference b/c ppl wont understand the lang, all theyll hear is the english part and if the englush sucks then obviously youve already lost

LOLSS when japan's translater came out I was like "wtf..but hes white" LMFAO

honestly I think Ven' had the best answer cause she has one of the best questions

YEAHSS michelle kwan "would you rather follow your heart or your head"?

--I mean honestly no matter what you choose your answer will still sound beautiful lolss

what the hell was with dave the judge's question? lolss

--I was like is that even a questions? LMFAO it was sucha stupid question to be a final question lolss

and the asian judge was practically shaking when he asked his final question..did anyone else see that? lolss

anywayss finally got what I wanted to say out of my system lolss

you guys dunno how many times I told ppl about the pagent

nonetheless, im still glad that japan won

but when I first saw her I was like..she looks like the smaller version of korea lolss

im glad korea made it at least into the top 5

anywayss CONGRATSS JAPAN =]

the end. =]

Guest pandoras0nymph

question question!! ding ding.

Farung Yuthithum, Miss Thailand..

is she a he ? because thats what my mom told me.. & well u know.. thailand is.. known for its trans gender industry(i guess u can call that)

i dont know??she doesnt look like one.... and trump wouldnt allow a transgender in his pageant

Guest goodvibrations

question question!! ding ding.

Farung Yuthithum, Miss Thailand..

is she a he ? because thats what my mom told me.. & well u know.. thailand is.. known for its trans gender industry(i guess u can call that)

whoa that would be creepy! I'd like to think of Farung as someone who has been born a female, but ..no problem to her being a male if she was.

Guest pandoras0nymph

i just noticed, zuleyka looked like she had surgery or something... like, i dont know she looked fake??

i just saw the question and answer portion...and i guess, ms korea really had her translation messed up or its just that she sounded too materialistic in her answer??? coz the judge was asking what superpower right??

Guest cjsedthat

ummm...wait u no when honey said i wish i had a wallet that wont dry out...

does that mean that she want a wallet that wont ry out for her missionary work?

cuz i REALLY thought miss korea was gonna win.. :(

shes REALLY pretty

Archived