Pretty Women In Traditional Asian Clothing

Guest bubbles20

Wow Bahwe, you really do not listen do you?

I did not insult "other cultures."

1. It would be, culture, not cultures*.

2. As you yourself said, you already KNOW that I'm Korean right?

I am not a proud Korean.

I was simply offending my own culture, as strange as it seems.

Stop pretending to be Korean, especially when everyone knows you are Chinese. A person like you reflects badly upon your own people. What a sad being you are.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike you, I will not insult anyone. I only said the Korean plastic surgery as an example. I don't even see what your trying to point out. I may be part Vietnamese but I'm still Chinese so either way I will defend both of my culture just like you are. If your simply loosing interest simply don't respond. Congratulation you have alot more to learn.

Lol...now that explains why you were up in arms when i insinuated that Chinese are ugly in my reply to the fake Korean, i mean linting.

Guest CitrusFlower

Lol...now that explains why you were up in arms when i insinuated that Chinese are ugly in my reply to the fake Korean, i mean linting.

Seriously, if you want to make a good argument atleast make sense. I have no idea what your trying to say and what your trying to prove -_- How the hell would you know if he's Korean or Chinese. What is your proof here? A couple of words he said that Korean aren't suppose to say? This is to post pictures of traditional Asian clothing, if you really want to continue this argument then just message me. Simple as that.

Guest linting

Oh my, psychologist now are you?

This conversation is lame.

I don't need you to tell me whether I'm Korean or not.

Just because I don't have the nationalism, doesn't mean I'm not.

The real joke, is you Bahwe.

And please, don't let Pandapple take all the blame in this so-called "argument." Message me too.

Guest slpyazn528

some of these costumes are absolutly STUNNING, esp the hair, incredible.

i find the korean traditional clothing too plain , and makes the girl look kinda fat compared to the chinese and japanese, is it just me?

Watch Hwang Jinyi w/ Ha Ji Won and all her gorgeous korean hanbok...

then repeat what u just said.

Guest CitrusFlower

Chinese clothing change over time, here are some of the other ones during the Qing Dynasty. Their not as pretty and elegant as Hanfu in my opinion but it's still pretty.

69aoc1.th.jpg 31aca3.th.jpg castfs3.th.jpg 230gi5.th.jpg group6vg3.th.jpg 208qt3.th.jpg normal29ahs3.th.jpg 39a0np3.th.jpg 370ym9.th.png

These are clothing worn by the rich and royals

• 1 month later...

for all of you're information...

Philippines is truly a part of ASIA...

why do you think Philippines is participating in ASIA SONG FESTIVAL held in Korea?

duh isnt it obvious that Philippines is located in ASIA just below KOREA, JAPAN, CHINA, AND TAIWAN..

and it's closest to HONGKONG...

also it is just above SINGAPORE and INDONESIA...

the only advantage of Filipinos is they speak english fluently...

just read the full history of Philippines and you'll know it belongs to Asia...

Guest phoiphoi

i like shanghai traditional dress and ao dai. the shanghai traditional clothing looks like the sexier version of the ao dai haha both very classy and elegant anyway i think all traditional clothing are beautiful in their own way!!!! japanese and korean very cute too..look like dolls

Guest goodnessgracious

I love seeing traditional clothing of different countries. I think it is so gorgeous. And I actually like the way hanboks are shaped (i am not Korean).

• 1 month later...

Uh I'm allowed to have my opinion. I don't insult everything korean-related I don't know where you got this idea. Hanboks are ugly. Whats wrong with maternity clothes? Nothing except for when non-pregnant women wear them. The hanbok looks like something a child would draw if they were asked to make a dress (wrong proportions and all). You know what all those pageants mean to me? Nothing. Hanboks are 'supposed to hide a woman's figure modestly'? Uhh....how is shifting the wasitline just below the boobs modest?

And I repeat hanboks are ugly, guys look even worst in traditional korean clothing.

u'r so ignnorant, disrespectful, rude and no courteousy toward anyone in general

ugh....hanboks are so damn ugly.... and so uncomfy too. the top stops right under the armpit and it makes ur armpits itch like crazy. >_<

OKAY.

For all you idiots who think Korean hanboks are ugly/shapeless, you're being ignorant.

It was DESIGNED to be that way.

WHY?

Because, back then, women were not allowed to be seen as sexual figures.

Hence, the shaplessness and the nonexisting skin exposure.

Modern days, hanboks are changing.

Jeez.

Go read up on culture before you run your mouth off.

Ugh. I came in this thread to see the different countries' traditional wear, but

I ended up pissed off at all the stupid comments made.

I personally think that the hanbok makes one look elegant and sophisticated.

xdeathberry

well said, I came here to see all the beautiful traditional dresses around the world and I thought this would be a peaceful thread, yet it turned into stupid arguements, insulting, demeaning from pple.

Traditional dresses was designed to fit their time frame they lived in and fit their culture. watever that might be [since im not really know much abt culture of others]. Beauty is in the eye of beholder, so u cant say it uglier than others, that's quite rude. If u all might not like certain dresses from certain culture for watever reason, dont condemn it. have some respect. It's a culture sensitive u pple make such ugly comment like "it's so ugly'", "doesnt show women figures" etc.

Might as well go naked, that will show your whole "female figures" or just wear like Eve, with 3 leaves

or like cave-men time

LOL

I for once, appreciate every traditional clothes around the world. even tho I wouldnt wear it. it represent THEM. Unique & beauty.

Korean hanbok are cute, and look very comfortable to move around, and I like the simple one. It make women look graceful

japanese kimono so fit to body that look so uncomfortable to move, but really good lookiing style and good to be in picture.

Indian/ Thai/Indonesian are so glittering, heheheheh I wouldnt dare to wear them but pretty indeed

Ao dai for some could say elegant, but too tight on top part of body, preety too

Chinese seem to be dominated here, but some of those clothe pictures in movies/drama has been modify, however it is pretty, very flow-ee but the hairstyle are way too much. the simple one are nice though

I am not a proud Korean.

I was simply offending my own culture, as strange as it seems.

shame on u for being ashame of your own race/culture etc. might as well go jump off and reborn the next life as something else. I feel sorry for your parent raising u to this point

there's nothing to be ashame of your own culture, cos we're human, and there will always the ugly side and pretty side. jst look @ the possitive side of it. U'r so cynical

Guest bbaumgul

Wow at the arguments...

It's funny how almost everything culture related can turn into a battle ground.

Personally I love every one of the traditional clothing.

For those who were commenting on how some of the Chinese ones were not true to history because they were showing too much skin:

Those ones are from the Tang Dynasty. It was a dynasty that took of great importance the representation of how lavish, rich, and beautiful their dynasty was through things such as their costumes and decor. The beauty standard of that dynasty was similar to that of the Victorian age of England. They found appeal in women who are full in frame, what you would call 'chubby' in modern day. They showed that by wearing costumes that support the bosom in a way that later dynasties found indecent and revealing.

So yes, women in that dynasty did wear such clothes.

Guest tofu plushie

so beautiful. i need so inspration for a drawing. thank you for posting the pics everyone.

Same here^^ All the pictures are so inspirational for my art project. Thanks for the great references!

Archived