Speed Racer -live Action Movie-

Guest JiNi;

Wow...this thread went to the crapper..

Look. Speed Racer originated in Japan, yes, but the main family is based of the Western Culture. Am I mad that it was made in America, absolutely not. All you people saying that Asian this and that should really grow up.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whewwwwww just got home an hour ago or so from watching it !

i watched it b/c rain was in it and b/c of my nephew. >__<

honestly, i drowsed off a bit while speed racer and his dad/family were talking. [but i did watch it pretty late..]

the lil' boy version of speed racer looks so different from the grown up version -_______- i think it was brown eyes =>green eyes.

& i didnt expect rain to be on the screen so much. & i saw joon park around the end too hahhahaha!! i loved his hair.

Guest xkiseki

Did anyone see the recent People magazine (May 19, 2008)? They have a short article on Bi and the funny part is, they have a big frontal shot of his face then a small pic of him the movie. I say its funny because the frontal shot is not even Bi. If you haven't seen it... you should see it. It's pretty funny. I think they just put some random picture up of an asian guy and assumed it was Bi or something.

Guest GO!zilla

The movie is going to open second at the Box Office. How sad. (BTW It's a preview)

2. 'Speed Racer' - $38.4 million

The majority of America does not give a rat's richard simmons about all of that stuff. Sorry. :(

hrmm I guess you don't know how to interpret. I said it's starting... :)

when I see Outkast, Lil Jon, Wyclef Jean, Three 6 Mafia and other hollywood notables helping and producing Korean celebs

you know the potential is there.

I know America doesnt care about asian celebs as of now... main reason... they don't know crap about them.

but what you said... how does it go with me saying that the movement is starting? lol.

btw is that ur prediction in the box office number?

Guest losborrachos

Wow...this thread went to the crapper..

Look. Speed Racer originated in Japan, yes, but the main family is based of the Western Culture. Am I mad that it was made in America, absolutely not. All you people saying that Asian this and that should really grow up.

well, there's really only one person saying that, and we're pretty sure he/she is a troll.

Guest cykx91

i just saw the movie today and was i SURPRISED! i give the movie an A+ for the graphics (nice cars). seriously, only hollywood can make movies like that!

oh, and i was pretty happy about rain's (bi's) character. i think its a good start for his future career in America.

well, there's really only one person saying that, and we're pretty sure he/she is a troll.

I actually meant it in general. I get tired of so many people getting mad because they're race isn't represented the way they want it to be. So what? If you've figured that much out you should already be used to it by now.

Guest adikkeluangman

I watched today with my friends. Not that bad I think. When Rain went out. Few people include me said 'Wah Rain!'. His hair at that time quite cool. With red strike. Then, when his sleeping n shirtless. OK...

Does Tenjo is the younger brother or older brother of Haruko. I read previously that they will made this family Korean. I saw the Korean words Tangokhan or something at Tenjo hall. But then his sister name kinda Japanese.

I like the chemistry between Chim Chim n the family esp the youngest one. Just that the chim is getting old I think. Other than that it ok.

I'm so excited when Joon scene or in this movie his character name is 'Yakuza Driver'. No line from him but his get full angle for few times. The shoot when his shave and sliding at his car. Way cooler. So at the end who got no2. I also like the ending song too. Heard a line of Japanese words. Maybe Joon should rapping in that song too.

During my time the hall is full. But this movie only got 4 slots for Saturday.

Did anyone see the recent People magazine (May 19, 2008)? They have a short article on Bi and the funny part is, they have a big frontal shot of his face then a small pic of him the movie. I say its funny because the frontal shot is not even Bi. If you haven't seen it... you should see it. It's pretty funny. I think they just put some random picture up of an asian guy and assumed it was Bi or something.

Yehhhh I saw that today

I was like :unsure: and b4 people start calling non asians ignorant

that article was written by an asian.

and the debuting at #3 isnt a flop

I mean look what it's up against, Iron Man was close to perfection

Guest xXsmilesXx

Saw the movie yesterday..

it wasn't bad it wasn't great..it was just good.

it was better than i thought it would be..all my friends liked it

and well Rain was super hot, i screamed when he came out.wwhoo

super proud of Rain, his acting was great! One of my non-asian guy friends

who seen the movie, said that the asian guy was hot..lol that totally made my day

i hated the effects thought, too fake...and the plot was kinda blah..

but other than that, most of the guys in the movie was hot, Rain was the hottest of course

and the ending credit song was awesome, i heard some japanese, korean and spanish in

that song lol...btw any1 know who sings that song...all i know is that it's called "Go speed racer go"...

all in all it was pretty good...was just there for Rain, & im super glad i got to see hi shirtless..muahaha

Guest mayo

hahah. rain was superHOT in that movie!\

the movie overall... was okay. not that great, but it was decent.

and did i mention that rain was superhot in that movie? :P

Guest akajoe

well...I was expecting alot...but i think that is why i was really disappointed...but overall...i give this movie C+ I loved the car racing and also they also had fighting scenes which i enjoyed the most...

Guest EMPIRE

ehh it was ok.. was falling asleep, although it was pretty late.. it really left me feeling confused, not sure what to think of it. was it good? was it bad? was i disappointed? no clue.

wanted to see it in imax but was sold out =/

all i can say is i look at matthew fox in a wholee new different way.. good thing good thing ((=

Guest splendidlure

to me, to enjoy this movie, you should have low expectations.

it's pretty obvious from the trailer that this is going to be a kids movie at most.

i watched it. it was a nice light- hearted film.

Guest Yuna N.

Took my little 7yrold brother out for his first theatre movie, and heck, we both loved it *O*

The monkey = the best actor EVER ! ;D

And the whole family jig was pretty "aww"-worthy. I mean come ON, a wrestler dad!? Pshaw.

I`m kind of seeing Rain in a new light. Never was a big fan of him, but yknow he did his best to confront controversies.

I respect that. Plus he was pretty dang good in there!(: The fight scene, oohlala.

The movie was the setting point of my day. I mean come on, spending the whole day with my little brother, taking him out to watch a SpeedRacer movie (first time- said it was too dark, laughed and yelled "OOH YOU GOT TOLD!" when the fatlittlebrother in the movie flicked off the big bad guy, :x he`s so cute). Then ate icecream, skipped lunch (dont tell my Ma). It kinda made it perfect, for me.

All in all, the movie made me feel like a kid again :D

Guest tokio

what makes the movie a flop is it most likely can not break even, yes its ok that it is most likely going to be at number 3 but in alot of ways that means nothing. it most likely won't make the amount of money it was projected to make. For example Speed Racer was thought to make over 30+ or up to 40 million for its first weekend and it really will only make 20-25 million, that is a huge loss. As well the movie took approx 120+ million to make, and right now Speed Racer does not look like it will even come close to breaking even from the 120+ million it took to make. So the film in North America is considered a flop but internationally it could succeed but Iron Man i think will continue to be number 1 for a while because its been sold out in tickets in my local area for days.

I was expecting this movie to be good because it had a great production team behind it but i most likely will wait till its on for rent because i remember growing up and watching that show and to hear all of that puts me off...so i will wait to see it because i can be critical about films because im not looking for just pure entertainment. lol

Guest trinity1418

The stupid imax theater we went to ruined the movie for us! During the middle of the film...the slideshow before the movie and previews came on while the moving was still playing! Like all of a sudden the lights turned on and we start seeing movie trivia mixed in with the film...everyone in the theater was so mad! We got movie passes cause of the whole ordeal.

Anywho...back to Speed Racer...honestly...it was alright. It started off slow but got pretty good once the action started. I was so happy that Rain was in the movie for more then like 10 minutes...lol...his English was pretty good too...only a few parts where you were like...what did he say...lol....

I'm happy for him and this exposure...I wouldn't say this movie was a flop or disappointment but its not a movie I'd want to see over and over again...if I did...it would be solely to see Rain...

Guest res0nate

Yehhhh I saw that today

I was like :unsure: and b4 people start calling non asians ignorant

that article was written by an asian.

and the debuting at #3 isnt a flop

I mean look what it's up against, Iron Man was close to perfection

It's a problem because most movies tend to have some huge drop off in their second week. And you know your movie sucks when a Kutcher film is beating you at the B.O.

Guest JiNi;

I LOVED this movie. A bit corny since the graphics were kind of um yeah.. :mellow:

but still really good none the less.

My friends and I were really happy to see Rain :D

Archived