Speed Racer -live Action Movie-

Guest JiNi;

I find it funny when they have Korean, Chinese portray Japanese and vise versa.. it just doesn't help with (Kids specifically), think everyone in Asia is just one race.

Anyway.. Rain in the movie lol, I guess I will have to see?? ><*

FYI Rain is Korean in the movie

not japanese :rolleyes:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Rain is Korean in the movie

not japanese

Really? He plays a Korean?

His character's name really threw me off....

"Taejo Togokhan"

The first name could pass off as Korean, but Korean last names are usually one syllable.

Sometimes two, but I've never heard of a three syllable last name.

I thought they just mixed a bunch of Asian sounding syllables together to get some random name. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MoNkEyMoNkEy

i cant wait for this movie to come out!! rain and park jun hyung is going to be in it!!

Same here. I went to the movies and was waiting for the movie to start and they were showing previews. And then I was saw Speed Racer then I saw RAIN and I was like NO WAY! hahah so Now I'm going to go see it.

Guest Aice 29

Wow, that's crazy having Rain and Park joon hyung from GOD in it. I was already excited about Emile Hirsch being Speed Racer and now there's Rain in it speaking english. So many good movies are coming out next year = ).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest koreanangel149

YOU CAN SEE BI/RAIN AND PARK JOON IN THE TRAILERS NOW!

Speed Racer Teaser Trailer

if the url doesn't work go to yahoomovies and check out the teaser trailer...not the theatrical trailer...

you can see park joon shaving and and glimpse of bi

i can't wait until this movie comes out!

Guest ke'ai

The preview clips I saw wayy back didn't look too good. The new ones Yahoo! has up doesn't look to bad. Very Disney.

Everyone should go check it out.

Guest aiongaku

I'm so glad to see Speed Racer on TV every so often now!

I keep on thinking OMG RAIN!!

XDD

I'm sure it'll be a family hit! <33

Guest kiss*kiss

the graphics and colors are complete eye candy.

i'd watch the movie for that alone.

how did they tap Bi? That seems random. Can he speak english?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Rain to Begin International PR Tour for 'Speed Racer'

2008-04-04

080404_ent_2.jpg

Actor and singer Rain will begin a world tour for the promotion of the simultaneous international release of Hollywood's "Speed Racer" on May 8th.

According to Warner Brothers Korea, Rain starts his promotional tour in Korea on the 20th, then Hong Kong on the 23rd and onto Los Angeles, California, where he will join producer Joel Silver, actors Emile Hirsch and Matthew Fox for the premiere. Rain is also scheduled for a Japan appearance in June.

"Hollywood actors are promoting the movie on various talk shows [in the United States] but in Asia, no one is as popular as Rain so we are expecting a great response from his promotions of the film here," announced a representative of Warner Brothers.

At 300 million dollars (USD) for its production and 80 million in marketing costs, "Speed Racer" is a hefty blockbuster about the best racers around the world battling in cars equipped with cutting-edge technology.

Last Tuesday, Variety Magazine printed that "Speed Racer" was chosen as the closing film for the 7th Tribeca Film Festival in New York City (4/23-5/4).

c: KBS Global

Guest plumangel3

aww yay for Bi :) i cant wait to see him in more movies. we'll actually get to see him on the big screen here in Canada XD

hopefully he'll get more major roles.

^ those clips are definitely better than the one a while ago.

Guest Happy_Day

The movie looks like crap, from what the trailer shows. But I'll watch just for BI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me though, or does he not looks as hot as he normally does in the trailer? Maybe it's his hair.

Archived