Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

MBC is doing a documentary on Coffee Prince and planning to meet the main cast.

The documentary is to be aired on September

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004826316

No mention on who the main cast that will feature on this show yet, but I hope Lee Sun Kyun too since he's the second lead.

And nothing clear about the format... Are they going to interview the cast together or separately, considering they're all busy people and also the rise on covid in SK...

A bit update on LSK's friend, Oh Man Seok

Spoiler

He was tested for covid because he came to contact with another actor that was tested positive.

Thankfully, Oh Man Seok's test came up negative. But he's still on self quarantine and all of his schedule are cancelled as per safety guidelines.

Edit : update on MBC Coffee Prince documentary

A source from MBC stated, “It’s true that we’re producing a ‘Coffee Prince’ documentary. But the broadcast details and contents have not been finalized.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420693wpp/mbc-responds-to-reports-of-coffee-prince-cast-reunion-for-documentary

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/15/2020 at 3:53 AM, widala said:

Yes, the article said Kingmaker might be released on Cheusok holiday with two other movies,  a sci-fi and a disaster movie...

Doesn't look like it will happen after all since we're not seeing any promotion at all.

This article seems to say he has confirmed the project with Son Ye Jin, but no one on social media is talking about it.

http://vision21.kr/news/article.html?no=106318

• Like 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420751wpp/lee-sun-gyun-and-choi-woo-shik-share-stories-from-the-oscars-talk-about-being-cast-for-parasite-and-more

Lee Sun Gyun And Choi Woo Shik Share Stories From The Oscars, Talk About Being Cast For “Parasite,” And More

Aug 22, 2020
by S. Cho

“Parasite” actors Lee Sun Gyun and Choi Woo Shik shared stories from attending the Oscars, getting cast for the film, and more!

On the August 21 broadcast of tvN’s “Summer Vacation,” Lee Sun Gyun and Park Hee Soon joined Choi Woo Shik and Jung Yu Mi on their “home vacation” reality show.

While the three men were making rice wine, they began talking about the Oscars, where “Parasite” took home four awards. Lee Sun Gyun commented, “Since it’s live, there’s about a minute where they run commercials, so you have to go to the washroom then. But if you go and don’t come back in that time, the doors close. Choi Woo Shik went to the bathroom and then was locked out,” explaining that he missed their first award.

Choi Woo Shik added, “At the entrance, I was like ‘I’m Parasite! It’s me! Parasite! Kiwoo!'” He continued, “But right beside me was French actress Léa Seydoux, so I tried even harder to act more upset.”

Later in the night, the group was sharing midnight snacks and chatting when Lee Sun Gyun revealed how he was cast for “Parasite.” He first surprised Jung Yu Mi by commenting, “During ‘Parasite,’ I didn’t have any scenes with Choi Woo Shik.”

Lee Sun Gyun continued, “When I was working on ‘Bad Police,’ the costume team leader had repeatedly worked with director Bong Joon Ho. They told me, ‘Director Bong is going to contact you.’ But I didn’t even tell my agency. I didn’t even tell [my wife] Hye Jin. I didn’t have any expectations, since I’m such a fan [of Bong Joon Ho]. I was just thinking, ‘What if?’ and then two months later, I actually got the call.”

He added, “I was so nervous. It wasn’t even confirmed. I was as nervous as I was as a rookie. But I didn’t want to show him how nervous I was. He told me, ‘I want to work with you, but I have just one concern. You look so young, but it’s a role with a daughter in her last year of high school.”

Lee Sun Gyun cracked everyone up by explaining his response, saying, “Director, my white hairs are insane. My hair is just dyed! I am more than capable!”

Early this year, “Parasite” made history as the first foreign language film to win the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 26th Screen Actors Guild Awards, which Lee Sun Gyun also touched on. He shared, “Wasn’t that insane? At SAG, there were five nominees. The actors would come out and personally explain what their movie was about. We were going on stage, and suddenly all the actors were standing up for us. In front of me, Leonardo Dicaprio was clapping for me.”

Choi Woo Shik’s also explained his friendship with close friend Park Seo Joon, who made a memorable cameo in “Parasite.” He explained, “We appeared together on the program ‘Shut Up Family.’ I’m his senior by six months. Seo Joon couldn’t even look at me back then.” Choi Woo Shik jokingly added, “I basically raised him, when he was all flustered and didn’t even know where the cameras were.”

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Doesn't look like it will happen after all since we're not seeing any promotion at all.

Yup.

The sci-fi movie already has the set date, the trailer and even the press conference, while Kingmaker? Not a single photo...

But, I think it's better not to rush it, especially now that the number of covid cases have increased in SK...

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

This article seems to say he has confirmed the project with Son Ye Jin, but no one on social media is talking about it.

http://vision21.kr/news/article.html?no=106318

I've seen the news on one of SYJ's fan account, but I couldn't open the link so I didn't share it... waiting for other news outlets to report it but couldn't find any...

When the casting was first announced, even when it's not confirmed yet, the news was everywhere! So I find it weird that when the cast and filming site are confirmed, nobody's talking about it :surprisedwut:

I'll just wait for Soompi to release the article :thumbsup::grimace:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/26/park-joo-hyun-to-play-the-lead-in-drama-silence-with-joo-ji-hoon-and-lee-sun-kyun/
Park Joo Hyun to Play the Lead in Drama ‘Silence’ with Joo Ji Hoon and Lee Sun Kyun

by krishkim

5C5D448D-2C0C-4142-ACCA-2CB265D5AEC3.jpg

Credit: KEYEAST, Netflix, Esquire

Park Joo Hyun, who rose to stardom with the Netflix drama Extracurricular, will continue her uptrend by starring in blockbuster drama Silence.

According to a media outlet, Park Joo Hyun has been cast to play the lead role in drama Silence, starring Joo Ji Hoon and Lee Sun Kyun. Silence, with a budget of 20 billion KRW (about 16,856,088 USD), will tell a series of events that occur after a mysterious beast escapes during car collisions on a bridge one foggy night.

Movie Familyhood director Kim Tae Gon will be in charge of the production.

Park Joo Hyun has confirmed her appearance and will have a meeting with the head of the production company today.

Meanwhile, Park Joo Hyun will meet with the viewers with upcoming drama The Zombie Detective, and work with Lee Seung Gi in drama Mouse (literal title), scheduled to air in the first half of 2021.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421817wpp/park-ju-hyun-in-talks-along-with-joo-ji-hoon-and-lee-sun-gyun-for-upcoming-film
Park Ju Hyun In Talks Along With Joo Ji Hoon And Lee Sun Gyun For Upcoming Film

by C. Lee | Aug 26, 2020

We may be seeing Park Ju Hyun in a new film!

On August 26, following reports that Park Ju Hyun was confirmed as the female lead for the upcoming film “Silence” (literal title), her agency 935 Entertainment responded, “Park Ju Hyun has received an offer to star in the film and is currently considering it.”

“Silence” will tell the story of the events that occur after a mysterious beast escapes during a chain-reaction car collision on a bridge one foggy night. The film will be helmed by Kim Tae Gon, the director of “Familyhood” (also known as “Goodbye Single”), and produced by Dexter Studios, the production company behind the wildly successful “Along with the Gods” film series and the recent hit “Ashfall.”

Lee Sun Gyun is considering a casting offer as well. If he accepts, Lee Sun Gyun would play the role of Cha Jung Won, an administrator of the Blue House’s security office who gets into an accident while seeing his daughter off as she leaves to study abroad in Australia.

Meanwhile, Joo Ji Hoon is in talks for the leading role of Joe Park, who arrives at the site of the collision with his pet dog.

“Silence” is currently aiming to begin filming sometime in the second half of 2020.

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Helena said:

According to a media outlet, Park Joo Hyun has been cast to play the lead role in drama Silence, starring Joo Ji Hoon and Lee Sun Kyun. Silence, with a budget of 20 billion KRW (about 16,856,088 USD), will tell a series of events that occur after a mysterious beast escapes during car collisions on a bridge one foggy night.

Thanks for the article. I thought this was going to be a regular disaster movie, but now it seems like it actually contains some supernatural elements as well?

• Like 4

On 9/4/2020 at 5:37 AM, widala said:

I wonder what happened to Silence?

Hm... I am curious, too. This drama sounds like a huge project and may take at least half a year to finish shooting. On the other hand, Silence just cast its female lead, so there is activity on that front. Is LSK still filming the musical with Lee Honey? Strange that there is zero news from that production. When is the Hollywood movie supposed to start shooting?

On 9/4/2020 at 6:44 PM, widala said:

WireBarley CF behind the scenes 

Thank you, Hodu, for this set of photos! Still getting used to his longer hair here. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the girl who! said:

hi to my first kdrama ever , i just cannot wait for this  only the kdrama gods know how much i loved ahjussi in this drama 

I am so excited to see this, much more so than the different variety shows Lee Sun Kyun has appeared in recently. He looks so young in the very short clip. So does Gong Yoo.

• Like 3

https://channels.vlive.tv/BF37FF/vtoday/1.17961122
mydaily | 2020. 09. 17.
"Coffee Prince" cast shows unchanged intimacy after 13 years

1EE1F2BD-BDDC-4F6E-BC68-76263E6EA0EF.jpg
5D1827ED-6267-4BD6-8F13-4E07CE27ED12.jpg
9BB2B6AD-4BCA-44B4-87EE-709C253B1D91.jpg

Spoiler

B88AEA02-AC08-4187-8DD7-AC67FEFDA413.jpg
5523BE53-6E45-4E03-90D5-9AAC77B96252.jpg
1E2ADD60-A38B-4688-A257-567A7D5D6221.jpg

The main cast of "Coffee Prince" will come back together.

On September 17, the MBC station announced that they will publicize the interview with the cast of "Coffee Prince" - the drama that has been maintaining its status as a legendary drama after its broadcast in 2007 - via "Youth Documentary Twenty Again (season 2)". The cast members including Gong Yoo, Lee Sun Kyun, Yoon Eun Hye, Chae Jung An, Kim Dong Wook, Kim Jae Wook together recalled their youthful images 13 years ago.

MBC explained, "In fact, although they are stars who are rarely seen other than in dramas and movies, they are all willing to join and shared that getting together with the cast of 'Coffee Prince' is an exception."

The station also shared, "Initially, after conducting personal interviews, the cast members watched each other's recording in the 'untact' form and expressed support as well as empathy for this. In fact, the shooting period overlapped social distancing practice due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so we weren't sure whether the meeting would be made possible or not. However, thanks to the support of 2 coffee shops located in Seogyo Ward and Buam Ward, which were once the filming locations of 'Coffee Prince', a surprise and thrilling encounter happened."

Next, MBC said, "The members of the film crew are having special bond as they still see each other as family. Therefore, this long-awaited meeting took place in a cheerful and pleasant atmosphere. Going one step further, the six actors touched the production crew when telling candid stories about their youth and worries as actors. They watched the best scenes of 'Coffee Prince' together and vividly shared their emotions and behind-the-scenes stories during the filming as if they have gone back those days."

In addition, the untold behind-the-scenes stories of the production will be disclosed such as the secret casting, the identity of an unexpected assistant told by director Lee Yoon Jung of "Coffee Prince". Right after watching director Lee Yoon Jung's video, the actors were touched and cried in happiness.

The "Coffee Prince" episode of the show "Youth Documentary Twenty Again" will be divided into two episodes and broadcast at 10:40 pm (KST) September 24 and October 1.

Reporter Lee Seung Rok roku@mydaily.co.kr
Photos = MBC
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

https://zapzee.net/2020/09/17/get-ready-to-gong-yoo-and-yoon-eun-hye-on-the-same-screen-again/
Get Ready to See Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye in ‘Coffee Prince’ Cafe Once Again!

By krishkim 

Spoiler

DD08A117-F62A-4075-8583-67082547D1EA.jpg

Credit: MBC

The actors of MBC hit-drama Coffee Prince are gathered together after 13 years.

On Sept. 17, YouTube channel “MBClife” dropped the official trailer for the Coffee Prince documentary. This upcoming documentary will gather the actors of the legendary drama and recall the moments and share behind-the-scenes stories.

In the trailer, Gong Yoo, Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Dong Wook, and Chae Jung An revisit the filming locations, including the famous coffee shop. Especially, seeing Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye sitting together side by side in the cafe is drawing enthusiastic responses from fans.

Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Dong Wook, and Chae Jung An also teamed up in two and recalled their Coffee Prince days together. Especially, Kim Jae Wook said, “I’m sorry, but he’s terrible at singing,” drawing attention.

Above all, the “current” actors were overlapped with the scenes from the drama, raising expectations for the show. 

This upcoming 2-episode documentary will air at 10:40 p.m. on Sept. 24 and Oct. 1 KST.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Helena said:

Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Dong Wook, and Chae Jung An also teamed up in two and recalled their Coffee Prince days together. Especially, Kim Jae Wook said, “I’m sorry, but he’s terrible at singing,” drawing attention.

Okay, that's not super nice, but I won't say he is wrong either. haha... I personally much prefer LSK singing in My Mister.

Does anyone know if LSK visited the main filming set with the rest of the cast or only "Han Sung's house?" I know both filming locations have turned into coffee shops. What a nice way to preserve the longevity of this drama.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:33 PM, sadiesmith said:

Okay, that's not super nice, but I won't say he is wrong either. haha... I personally much prefer LSK singing in My Mister.

:sweat_smile: kinda agreed with you...

I think with proper vocal training, his singing voice is pretty nice like in his theatre days...makes me more curious about Killing Romance, will he be singing there?

I really like his singing in MA too, it's so heartfelt and full of emotions...

Lee Sun Kyun's congratulatory message to IU on her 12th debut anniversary

Sooo... nobody burn that jacket yet :phew:

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, widala said:

:sweat_smile: kinda agreed with you...

I think with proper vocal training, his singing voice is pretty nice like in his theatre days...makes me more curious about Killing Romance, will he be singing there?

I really like his singing in MA too, it's so heartfelt and full of emotions...

I think superfans like us tend to be more critical. :sweat_smile: He's sung before (Petty Romance duet with Choi Kang Hee, for example) and I actually enjoyed it. So I agree that with proper coaching he can sing decently, and I hope he does in Killing Romance. I mean, if it is a musical, why cast him but not utilize it?

6 hours ago, widala said:

Sooo... nobody burn that jacket yet :phew:

As long as he only sits down while wearing it, I'll overlook it. The hat is cute though. 

• LOL 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/09/23/warner-bros-is-pulling-out-of-korea-film-the-witch-2-production-is-up-in-the-air/
Warner Bros. Is Pulling Out of Korea + Film ‘The Witch 2’ Production Is Up in the Air

by krishkim

As Warner Bros. decided to pull out of the Korea film industry, including investment, production, and distribution business, director Park Hoon Jung’s The Witch 2 will be drifting.

According to the film industry, Warner Bros. Korea is taking steps to withdraw from related businesses such as investment, production, and distribution of Korean films. It plans to clean up related businesses by the end of this year. The already produced films will be released within this year.

Josee (director Kim Jong Kwan), a remake of the popular 2004 Japanese film Josee, the Tiger and the Fish, starring Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk, and The Day I Died (director Park Ji Wan), starring Kim Hye Soo, and Good Neighbor (director Lee Hwan Kyung), starring Jong Woo and Oh Dal Soo, which has been postponed indefinitely due to controversy over Oh Dal Soo’s “Me Too,” will be all released in the second half of this year.

As a result, Killing Romance (director Lee Won Suk), starring Lee Sun Kyun, Lee Ha Nui, and Gong Myung, became the last investment distribution film of Warner Bros. Korea. It is scheduled to be released next year.

Warner Bros. Korea jumped into the Korean film business in 2016 when it showcased director Kim Ji Woon’s The Age of Shadows. Although The Age of Shadows cruised 7.5 million moviegoers and The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion drew 3.18 million viewers, the company faced a critical condition as Illang: The Wolf Brigade, V.I.P., Jo Pil-ho: the dawning rage, Jesters: The Game Changers, and Battle of Jangsari became a box office flop. 

Also, various environmental changes, including the replacement of CEO, the COVID-19 pandemic, and HBO Max (the streaming platform launched by Warner Media), became the reasons for their pullout. 

With this decision, the ongoing production for The Witch 2 and the remake of Intern became uncertain. 

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1