Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

What was he wearing?

Right?

When Park Hae Joon tagged him on the challenge, I thought I was prepared for anything he'll wear, like one of his Balenciaga jackets...but he still managed to surprise me with that "thing" :sweat_smile: well, never a dull moment with his fashion choices...

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Really? I haven't read anything about "white skin." That's funny because there are so many more Korean actors with paler skin. LSK is one of the darker ones, if you asked me. :D

I watched one of Parasite press conference on YouTube, but I couldn't find it again...

IIRC, one of the audience asked why his character name is Park Dong Ik, did it have anything to do with Park Dong Hoon?

BJH said that LSK reminded him of one of his old friend who has smooth white skin, and his friend's name has "Ik" in it...

But please don't quote me on that...

I'll try to find that interview again...

Anyway, Baeksang awards will be held without audiences on June 5, and the candidates will be announced on May 8.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000817084

I wonder how they will do this.

Does no audiences means no regular people but the actors still attend? Or there will no one, just the MCs?

But, I guess Diary of A Prosecutor won't get any nomination... The drama is good and entertaining but not very special comparing to other dramas this year.

And, even though LSK's acting is good, but the character LSW is not very challenging imo, unlike PDH...and yes I'm still salty they didn't give him any awards for PDH

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Killing Romance will start shooting next week.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/06/12/2020061200101.html

"On the other hand, Lee Hae-ni, who was struggling with the next film after the success of the movie'Extreme Jobs' and the drama'Huge Blood Priest', confirmed the new film'Killing Romance' as the next film as a result of her OSEN coverage. As a result, actors Lee Sun-gyun and Gong-myeong will start shooting next week."

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, sadiesmith said:

Uhm... does he have the bigger role than SKG judging the the poster here? What awesome first poster!!

He got credited second after SKG, so probably not bigger... But I hope he'll have a lot of screen time (unlike in Parasite :sweatingbullets:)

This is the oversea poster, so maybe they focus on him because he's more well-known now to foreign audience because of Parasite? Haha, I'm just guessing... like you said, it is an awesome poster :thumbsup:

The director already posted this on his IG so it's pretty much official.

CJes Ent (SKG agency) also posted on their IG.

While Hodu...not yet....:mellow:

Not surprised but still disappointed.

I mean, they have their actor's face as the focus! Why aren't they proudly posting that poster first!?

And with the attention My Ahjussi are gaining, I wonder why they don't use it to promote LSK. Make a PDH montage or something...

And not a single post about Killing Romance...

I have no word...

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:46 AM, widala said:

He got credited second after SKG, so probably not bigger... But I hope he'll have a lot of screen time (unlike in Parasite :sweatingbullets:)

This is the oversea poster, so maybe they focus on him because he's more well-known now to foreign audience because of Parasite? Haha, I'm just guessing... like you said, it is an awesome poster :thumbsup:

The director already posted this on his IG so it's pretty much official.

CJes Ent (SKG agency) also posted on their IG.

While Hodu...not yet....:mellow:

Not surprised but still disappointed.

I mean, they have their actor's face as the focus! Why aren't they proudly posting that poster first!?

And with the attention My Ahjussi are gaining, I wonder why they don't use it to promote LSK. Make a PDH montage or something...

And not a single post about Killing Romance...

I have no word...

Ah, I didn't know it was an oversea poster. Totally made sense to feature him after his Parasite fame as a way to promote this "almost" Cannes worthy movie. I wonder what the Korean posters will look like. But anyway, the title Kingmaker itself refers to his character, but yeah, we don't really know yet. I just hope for a box office success. :)

And yes, what is wrong with Hodu?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, widala said:

I hope he'll confirm, even if it's a supporting role 

I am nervous. Is this a good idea? While SYJ's role sounds like a main one, his is definitely not. I am afraid it will be stereotypical and wooden, with no depth whatsoever. This could go very wrong. 

Will he ever do a good drama again?

42 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I am nervous. Is this a good idea? While SYJ's role sounds like a main one, his is definitely not. I am afraid it will be stereotypical and wooden, with no depth whatsoever. This could go very wrong. 

Seems like he will play the villain? who was originally will be played by Vincent Cassel?

Here's the old summary of the movie

47 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Will he ever do a good drama again?

I wish he would do an OCN drama, or another slice of life by JTBC... Or a fantasy by tvN!

He never did a fantasy drama before right?

• Like 1

Here's an article by Pierce Conran on the new project Cross. I can't wait for the next news on LSK, doesn't matter about which project. It's been such a dry few weeks.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=5375&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Hollywood Project Woos SON Ye-jin and LEE Sun-kyun

Jul 17, 2020
  • Writerby Pierce Conran

Korean Stars Offered Parts in New Film by Director Andrew NICCOL

seAYobHItrKIVXtAKada.jpg
SON Ye-jin and LEE Sun-kyun have received offers to star alongside Avatar star Sam WORTHINGTON in the upcoming film Cross from Hollywood director Andrew NICCOL.

Cross will take place in the future in a multiracial country which is divided by a border that separates it into a rich side and a poor one. SON’s character is a woman on the poor side who becomes a single mother when her husband dies during an attempt to cross the border. LEE would play the ruthless chief of border protection while Sam WORTHINGTON is on board as a man on the wealthy side of the divide.

Director NICCOL, who is known for his directorial debut Gattaca, the arms dealer thriller Lord of War and the sci-fi action In Time, as well as his script for the modern classic The Truman Show, has been developing the project for a decade and took inspiration from a recent visit to Korea.

SON has been a major star in Korea for close to two decades, having featured in beloved melodramas such as Lover’s Concerto (2002), The Classic (2003) and A Moment to Remember (2004) before reinventing herself as a versatile performer through the swashbuckling action film The Pirates (2014), the acclaimed thriller The Truth Beneath (2016) and the epic period drama The Last Princess (2016). She most recently starred in the fantasy romantic drama Be With You (2018), the hostage thriller THE NEGOTIATION (2018) and the hit series Crash Landing on You.

LEE Sun-kyun, another long-established industry veteran, has divided his time between commercial films such as Helpless (2012) and A Hard Day (2014) and independent works such as Paju (2009) and several Hong Sangsoo films, including Our Sunhi (2013). His career hit a peak last year as he was part of the award-winning sensation PARASITE. LEE was one of the recipients of the Best Ensemble Award from the Screen Actors Guild for the film, which went on to win the Academy Awards for Best Picture, Director, Original Screenplay and International Film.

Filming for Cross is set to commence in March 2021 and will including sequences shot in Korea
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, widala said:

LSK will be the guest on Choi Woo Shik and Jung Yu Mi variety show, Summer Vacation!

Is there a way to watch this with English subs? And is he going to be on multiple episodes?

Looks like Kingmaker might get a fall Korean release. Hopefully trailers will be coming shortly.

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Is there a way to watch this with English subs? And is he going to be on multiple episodes?

I think it's available on Viu...

And yes, he's the guest for ep 5 and 6 :thumbsup:

Here's some highlights where he played pingpong

and ...what is this called? Where you head the ball?

It's so much fun!

Can't wait for next week :tenor:

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Looks like Kingmaker might get a fall Korean release. Hopefully trailers will be coming shortly.

Yes, the article said Kingmaker might be released on Cheusok holiday with two other movies,  a sci-fi and a disaster movie...

Hope it'll do well despite the competition...

• Like 1