Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

7 hours ago, Helena said:

As a result, Killing Romance (director Lee Won Suk), starring Lee Sun Kyun, Lee Ha Nui, and Gong Myung, became the last investment distribution film of Warner Bros. Korea. It is scheduled to be released next year.

I hope they don't rush the production because of this...

Anyway, Killing Romance finish shooting today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, widala said:

I hope they don't rush the production because of this...

Anyway, Killing Romance finish shooting today. 

I don't recognize anyone in the pictures. Which one is the young actor playing the neighbor to LHN and LSK? I'm surprised they already finished shooting. Feels like they had just started not long ago. Weird that there hasn't been a single picture of LSK with anyone in the cast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I don't recognize anyone in the pictures. Which one is the young actor playing the neighbor to LHN and LSK? I'm surprised they already finished shooting. Feels like they had just started not long ago. Weird that there hasn't been a single picture of LSK with anyone in the cast.

I don't recognize anyone either, looks like they're the crew or supporting cast... Gong Myung, the young actor, is not in the pic.

I follow the director's IG and he didn't post any pics with the main actors, only with the crew...

I don't know, it seems like they're trying to keep this movie a secret or something :sweat_smile:

Lee Ha Nee and Gong Myung have their own IG, but never post about this movie too

Coffee Prince reunion is today!

• Like 1

Here's Soompi article on Coffee Prince documentary :

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427525wpp/coffee-prince-cast-take-a-trip-down-memory-lane-as-they-share-untold-stories-in-documentary

It focused more on GY and YEH as they are the leads.

I've watched some clips without sub, and I really like LSK and CJA interaction... they're so comfortable together.

And CJA is so cool!

On another note, 

• LOL 1

17 hours ago, widala said:

I've watched some clips without sub, and I really like LSK and CJA interaction... they're so comfortable together. And CJA is so cool!

I'm waiting for subs on Viki. Very happy that it will be available there. 

Regarding their big bed, :lol:

1.  This explains why he kept falling off the tiny bed he slept in one one of the nights on the Russian trip. Now we know he likes to move and spread out during sleep.

2. Not conducive to intimacy. :flushed: Neither is the big screen TV for that matter.

3. Maybe his kids like to come into his bed. See #2.

But how did you interpret the "big bed," @widala?

• LOL 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/09/29/lee-sun-kyun-and-ju-ji-hoon-to-star-in-new-disaster-film-together/
Lee Sun Kyun and Ju Ji Hoon to Star in New Disaster Film Together

by krishkim

Lee Sun Kyun and Ju Ji Hoon will star in the upcoming movie Silence (working title).

E83C9660-5CAA-4CFB-8F19-EB184F87BC08.jpg
Credit: HODU&U Entertainment, KeyEast

Silence is a disaster film that tells the story of people stranded on the airport bridge that’s just before the collapse struggling to survive the unexpected threat.

Lee Sun Kyun plays Cha Jung Won, a man who faces a disaster situation as he is trapped on the bridge that’s about to collapse with his daughter Kyung Min (Kim Soo Ahn). Ju Ji Hoon takes on the role of Joe Park, a wrecker driver who roams around the road to find work.

7F26679C-79C2-494C-BAB0-2E88B41D6CF7.jpg
Credit: Jc.ent, Ssgg Company, S&A Entertainment

48994404-82A0-4F1F-845C-3C81A99C9802.jpg
Credit: Noon Company, 935 Entertainment, J,WIDE-COMPANY, Blossom Entertainment

Kim Hee Won plays Dr. Yang, who was passing over the bridge due to the project’s transfer job, and Moon Seung Keun and Ye Soo Jung will play an old couple, Byung Hak and Soon Oak. Park Hee Bon plays Mi Ran, and rising star Park Joo Hyun will play Yu Ra, Mi Ran’s sister, and portray various people isolated in the middle of a disaster.

Kim Tae Woo will become Jung Hyun Baek, Cha Jung Won’s best friend, while child actor Kim Soo Ahn plays Kyung Min, Cha Jung Won’s daughter.

Meanwhile, Familyhood director Kim Tae Gon will direct the movie, while Along with the Gods director Kim Yong Hwa will act as a producer. Silence is scheduled to start filming next month.

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, widala said:

Anyway, I stole your big bed analysis for my tweet's caption :grimace:

I am glad you could use it. :grin:

3 hours ago, widala said:

I don't know how JJH arrange his schedule... he's shooting his drama right now.

That is indeed insane, juggling two major projects at the same time. How is he going to do that when Mount Jiri only started two weeks ago? But I am glad for LSK continues to be kept busy with projects. Hope he has an interesting character to play here.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:28 AM, sadiesmith said:

That is indeed insane, juggling two major projects at the same time. How is he going to do that when Mount Jiri only started two weeks ago? But I am glad for LSK continues to be kept busy with projects. Hope he has an interesting character to play here.

Looks like JJH character will be the "cool" one. While LSK character is obviously a father, but I hope he'll get some twists or something to make it interesting...

13 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Why did Jeon Hye Jin send a coffee truck to Killing Romance filming with this sticker of "John Na" on each snack?

I think because LSK's character name is Jonathan?

And I don't know if it's done intentionally, but John Na sounds like jonna 존나 which means "(exclamation) damn!"  :sweat_smile: (I'm using Papago)

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/my-dear-youth-coffee-prince-review/

In 2007, a chaebol heir turned reluctant coffeeshop manager and a poor Taekwondo instructor fell in love, overcoming misunderstandings, lies, class differences and first loves. The show became a sensation that speaks for itself at this point, and catapulted its young cast into superstardom. Thirteen years later, My Dear Youth: Coffee Prince brings Coffee Prince director Lee Yoon-jung and some of the principal cast back together. In the two-part documentary, they watch highlight reels from the drama, talk about their experiences while filming it, and describe what it’s meant to them in the years since.

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균 - Upcoming Movie: Silence (2021) & Killing Romance (2021)

https://zapzee.net/2020/10/17/lee-sun-kyun-will-not-appear-in-hollywood-film-cross/
Lee Sun Kyun Will Not Appear in Hollywood Film ‘Cross’

by krishkim

A07B2D31-17D5-4445-9EAA-20CD00250D1F.jpg
Credit: Ilgan Sports

Lee Sun Kyun officially exited from his first Hollywood film Cross.

According to media outlets, Lee Sun Kyun had to decline the role he was offered in the Hollywood film Cross due to scheduling conflicts.

Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two and tells the story of the people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy. The entire film will be filmed in Korea.

Previously, the news of Son Ye Jin and Lee Sun Kyun starring in the movie made headlines.

Anticipations have been rising on whether Lee Sun Kyun, who has received worldwide attention for his role in Parasite, will make his official debut in Hollywood. However, Lee Sun Kyun had to decline the role as the schedules conflicted with his other projects.

Cross, starring Sam Washington and Ethan Hawke, will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show. And yesterday, Son Ye Jin confirmed her appearance.

The movie will start filming in the first half of next year, and director Andrew Nicole and the production crew arrived in Korea on Oct. 15 and began to prepare for filming in earnest.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Came here to share this news

45 minutes ago, Helena said:

^ Dued to scheduling conflicts with his other works, Lee Sun-kyun officially decided not to accept the offer to appear in “Cross”. 

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201016173932853

Tell you the truth, if the news of his refusal came before Ethan Hawke news, I wouldn't be this disappointed... I already imagine my two fave actors in one frame...:crymeme:

But I'm sure it's for the best :thumbsup:

So...can we expect a drama next year? :sparklyeyes:

• Sad 1

On 10/16/2020 at 4:17 AM, widala said:

Came here to share this news

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201016173932853

Tell you the truth, if the news of his refusal came before Ethan Hawke news, I wouldn't be this disappointed... I already imagine my two fave actors in one frame...

But I'm sure it's for the best :thumbsup:

So...can we expect a drama next year? 

:bawling: I was not sure if I wanted him to do this Hollywood movie or not, but now I am rather sad at the missed opportunity. Like you, I was also a fan of Ethan Hawke and really enjoyed a lot of his movies. My favorite was Gattaca, which coincidentally also was directed by Andrew Niccol. But I was also afraid the role offered to LSK is not a good one, and I wonder if that was the primary reason for his refusal to participate. I have no doubt that if it were a substantial and complex role, he would not have hesitated to fit it into his busy schedule. This movie is not shooting until next year, and by then Silence will have finished shooting, no? As far as we know he has nothing lined up after that movie. I think citing scheduling conflict was just his way of politely turning down the offer. Hopefully this also means he is already in talks about doing another project, a better and bigger fit for him hopefully. My fingers are crossed.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, sadiesmith said:

I was not sure if I wanted him to do this Hollywood movie or not, but now I am rather sad at the missed opportunity. Like you, I was also a fan of Ethan Hawke and really enjoyed a lot of his movies. My favorite was Gattaca, which coincidentally also was directed by Andrew Niccol. But I was also afraid the role offered to LSK is not a good one, and I wonder if that was the primary reason for his refusal to participate. I have no doubt that if it were a substantial and complex role, he would not have hesitated to fit it into his busy schedule. This movie is not shooting until next year, and by then Silence will have finished shooting, no? As far as we know he has nothing lined up after that movie. I think citing scheduling conflict was just his way of politely turning down the offer. Hopefully this also means he is already in talks about doing another project, a better and bigger fit for him hopefully. My fingers are crossed.

Looking back at how he chose his projects, he seems like someone who doesn't hesitate to go above and beyond for a chance to work with people he admires.

Like, he took the hate and criticism in My Ahjussi just to work with Dir. KWS and Writer PHY. He didn't mind a much less screen time compares to the younger actors in Parasite so he could work with BJH...

So yes, it's either he didn't think the role suits him so he use scheduling conflicts as the reason to decline or he really has a project (or two) that's already in talks and binding enough that he couldn't join Cross. 

I really hope it's the second, but we'll never know...

And I also think Silence will already be finished shooting by April next year, so like you I hope he already has projects and I really really hope it'll be a drama :hwaiting:

Another win for My Ahjussi! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, widala said:

And I also think Silence will already be finished shooting by April next year, so like you I hope he already has projects and I really really hope it'll be a drama 

When does Cross start shooting? April? I thought they start at the beginning of the year.