Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

'Kim Eun-hee ♥' Jang Hang-joon "Lee Sun-kyun is the cutest... Other people don't know it"

March 22, 2023

choiheejae.jpg?type=nf112_112

Reporter Choi Hee-jae

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001571809

0001571809_001_20230322101801351.jpg?typ

(Xports News Reporter Choi Hee-jae) Actor Lee Sun-kyun and director Jang Hang-joon boast a unique chemistry.

tvN's new entertainment program 'Very Private Southeast Asia', which will be broadcasted for the first time on the 27th, revealed an interview with Lee Sun-kyun and Jang Hang-joon of the 'Hyung Line' of four private travelers on the 22nd.

While Lee Sun-kyun, Jang Hang-joon, Kim Do-hyun, and Kim Nam-hee, four men who left for different purposes, were expecting a very 'private' trip to Southeast Asia, Lee Sun-kyun and Jang Hang-joon honestly told their stories with humor as funny as their travel stories.

Lee Sun-kyun recommended Jang Hang-joon as his travel mate, saying, “He is the most interesting person I know.” The reason Jang Hang-joon joined this trip was because of Lee Sun-kyun. Jang Hang-joon said, "I didn't want to go to Southeast Asia because I hated hot places, but (Lee) Sun-kyun, on whom I had a great crush at the time, asked me to go, so I went." Perhaps that's why the two picked each other as the best travel mate for each other. Lee Sun-kyun said, "Jang Hang-joon was a new discovery" and called him 'Happy Virus'. Jang Hang-joon remembered Lee Sun-kyun as 'the most interesting travel mate'. In particular, Jang Hang-joon played pranks on Lee Sun-kyun without even trying, to the point that the very personal reason for joining this trip was “Sun-kyun bullying.”

0001571809_002_20230322101801460.jpg?typ

Jang Hang-joon said, “I feel bad about anything, so when I joke around, I feel good.” “Personally, Sun-kyun was the cutest. Other people don't know about it, but if you look at it, there's a cute side like a child," he continued.

The chemistry of the four men together this time was already the point that Lee Sun-kyun and Jang Hang-joon were expecting even before the trip. Lee Seon-kyun said, “I was really curious about the chemistry of this traveler’s union. I was looking forward to how unfamiliar relationships would communicate and develop.”

In particular, through the observations of Kim Do-hyun and Kim Nam-hee, who said they first learned about it through this trip, Jang Hang-joon gave an unexpected answer, "I discovered that I am the most normal." “They are both very unique guys. Through this trip, I realized that everyone except me was abnormal.”

After going on this trip to Southeast Asia, the four of them received nicknames for characters that are more fun than dramas. Lee Sun-kyun, the 'leader on the outside', said, "I don't really like leading someone or being led by someone, so the term leader was burdensome. But no one followed suit, so the burden was less.”

Even so, he did not forget to say, “Thank you to Kim Do-hyun, the practical leader.” On the other hand, Jang Hang-joon, the 'lovely eldest brother', said, "All of them are perfect character expressions. Really!! I like my character very much. He said, “I am the best character,” and as expected, gave a laugh with the aspect of ‘the king of self-love’.

Also, the unexpected relationship is the point of observation that the two people agreed on. Jang Hang-joon said, “There are various characters that people have never seen before and people weren't familiar with. This is Kim Nam-hee! Dohyun Kim is such a person! Lastly, you will be able to discover some very surprising characters who say, ‘I can’t believe that Jang Hang-joon is so lovable!’”.

Lee Seon-kyun continued, “I wonder if the changing relationship would be fun. Please watch how the excitement of the beginning turns into familiarity, joy, intimacy, and fatigue.”

'Very Private Southeast Asia' will be broadcast for the first time on the 27th at 10:10 pm.

Photo = tvn

Reporter Choi Hee-jae jupiter@xportsnews.com

~

Lee Sun-kyun, the 'leader on the outside', said, "I don't really like leading someone or being led by someone, so the term leader was burdensome. But no one followed suit, so the burden was less.” :joy: Poor guy.

Does anyone know where we can watch this? I checked Viki and it doesn't appear.

• Like 1

Been reading some of the articles from Killing Romance press conference, and this is just so funny. To add to what Director LWS said about ruining LSK's image, his co-star Bae Yoo-ram seemed to predict that the more this movie does well, the sooner LSK's career would end. :lol:  I would by lying if I said I'm not worried.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202303241300003&sec_id=540401

• LOL 1

Still no trailer, even after the presser. So weird that they are so reluctant to show anything even this close to the opening. 

It's so cute how LSK and Lee Haney were like I would do it if you do it and how none of them wanted to be "stranded." :lol: 

• LOL 1

This is the entire movie in one sentence:

2 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

@sadiesmith Are you finding any videos of the presser with English subs?

Check out @widala twitter page. She posted a youtube link with English subs, but I haven't watched it myself. Do you think the movie will be released in the US? No idea where I would see it unless it makes it to one of the streaming platforms. 

• LOL 1

4 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

This is the entire movie in one sentence:

LOL. :joy:

At least he had a great attitude about it. From the photos I've seen of the press conference, it looks like there were a lot of laughs with LSK having the most flustered/ abashed expressions. Hehe.

If the movie does well in Korea, maybe it will get picked up by theaters overseas? I can only hope something like that happens, or that Netflix, Viki, Disney+, or Apple TV picks it up.

• Like 1

Here's the video @widala posted. Thanks, chingu!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6GcBWnW7o

@partyon When you get a chance can you remove the emoji from the title of the above YT video? Thanks chingu!

Here's the full version. English subs are not that frequent, but when they appear they give a good sense of what's going on.

• Like 1

Article in English:

https://www.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065595021062436

Lee Ha-nee said, “As an actress, I could very much relate to Yeo-rae, and I felt sorry for her,” adding, “You will be able to follow Yeo-rae, who initially made the wrong choice to marry someone only to escape from something else, growing up doing what she wants to do at her will for the very first time.”

Do you all think LSK will play the villain of the story? 

I'll watch the video when I have time later. Does it have subs for the director's telling the audience about watching LSK in My Mister? What did he say exactly?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Do you all think LSK will play the villain of the story? 

It gives that impression, doesn't it? :lol: Also, since reporters have called LSK and Lee Ha Nee's meeting and falling in love a "fatal encounter", I wonder if she and the other fan club guys end up killing him and then escaping off the island. Maybe that's the "thriller" part in "thriller musical comedy."

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I'll watch the video when I have time later. Does it have subs for the director's telling the audience about watching LSK in My Mister? What did he say exactly?

It's right at 11:53 - It has just a few subs during that part, but as far as I could understand, supposedly in the middle of MM there was an Igatan gingivitis gum commercial that LSK starred in (?) and when the Killing Romance director saw that he wanted to cast LSK in this.

At 34:51, the director also told people to watch My Mister before watching this film. Lee Ha Nee said the director was watching the monitor and he said quietly, "Oh, My Mister, my favorite drama, I can't watch it again." All the staff talked about it, and were heartbroken, too.

I was trying to track down LSK's commercials and I found this. Jung Ji So played LSK's daughter in Parasite, but they had met earlier in an Oreo CF:

“The Glory” actress who acted as Lee Sun Kyun’s daughter in a CF 10 years ago

Jung-Ji-so-1-11012023-1.webp

Jung-Ji-so-1-11012023-2.webp

So cute!

optimize

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Actors Lee Sun-kyun and Lee Ha-nee are reuniting in the upcoming film, "Killing Romance," 13 years after starring together in hit TV series "Pasta."

The comedy film is directed by Lee Won-suk, who helmed the 2013 romantic comedy, "How to Use Guys with Secret Tips." The script was penned by "The Beauty Inside" (2015) writer Park Jeong-ye.

The story follows a retired actress named Yeo-rae who marries a chaebol family member named Jonathan (Lee Sun-kyun) and meets her avid fan Beon-woo (Gong Myung) who lives next door to her.

Lee Ha-nee said, "Killing Romance" captures something never seen before in a Korean film. It has a bit of every genre in it, including drama, comedy, romance and thriller, she added.

"This film is so unusual and unique in a way that takes viewers on a hilarious journey," she said during a press conference for the film, Friday.

"For the first time, I had to look beautiful on screen because Yeo-rae is an actress. I tried to portray her as someone trapped in a castle. She got married just to run away from a toxic culture working in film and television, but she has the desire to lead her own life."

5b7bc55bbb044fde9c0311a2b98f775c.jpg
From left, actors Lee Sun-kyung, Lee Ha-nee and Bae Yu-ram pose during a press conference for the film, "Killing Romance" in Seoul, Friday. Actor Gong Myung didn't attend the event as he is currently performing his mandatory military service. Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

Lee Sun-kyun, who underwent a significant transformation for the role, talked about his passion to create a never-before-seen character.

"The Makeup, mustache, hairstyling and costumes helped me get into character. I wore the hair pieces for a month even before filming just to get used to it. I always applied eyeliner during the filming, so it felt a little bare without it after we finished filming," he said.

He shared that his co-star Lee Ha-nee was what made him say "yes" to "Killing Romance."

"Director Lee told me that Ha-nee is positively reviewing the script of 'Killing Romance.' Then I met her in the U.S. and asked her, 'Are you sure about this?' about 10 times. I wanted to make sure she doesn't change her mind," he said.

Actress Lee Ha-nee added, "We've been friends for a long time, and Sun-kyun is a really funny guy in real life. I can say with confidence that this film is a story that you have never heard before. I'm really curious about how audiences will react to our film."

"I'm sure that audiences can giggle along watching our film. Anybody who needs a good laugh, seeks a new experience, loves animals, is concerned about global warming and keeps up with new trends, please come and watch our film," director Lee said.

"Killing Romance" will hit local theaters on April 14.

• Like 1

Did anyone get to see "Very Private Southeast Asia"? I've been looking for it but haven't found it yet.

Also, I imagine folks have already seen this (or posted about it) on other sites but I'll post it here for posterity :). If anyone sees it with English subs please let us know!

Killing Romance trailer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Did anyone get to see "Very Private Southeast Asia"? I've been looking for it but haven't found it yet.

I've only seen clips on Twitter. Would love to see it when it's fully subbed. 

So what do you think of the trailer? It's crazier than I thought. If it weren't for LSK, it's definitely not something I would jump to watch based on the teaser alone. :lol: 

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, sadiesmith said:

So what do you think of the trailer? It's crazier than I thought. If it weren't for LSK, it's definitely not something I would jump to watch based on the teaser alone. :lol: 

It looks hilarious and totally absurd. Him in leopard print doing that squat. :blink: I do think Honey Lee and her fan try to kill him, though.

It's funny to think about all the heavy and serious movies and dramas he's done recently (Parasite, Dr Brain, Kingmaker, My Mister) and see him like this. :joy: It reminds me of George Clooney doing Hail, Caesar! and some of the other Coen brothers' movies (O Brother, Where art Thou? and Intolerable Cruelty - have you seen those?), once he had established himself as a good actor.

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

There is English subs?

I had to turn on auto-translate with Google to get those infrequent English subs :)

I think the other young man has something to do with the cinematography and the music, the older gentleman might be the director of photography, and the older woman with glasses is the production designer. I'm not sure about the woman without glasses - could she be the writer?

Edit: @sadiesmith and @widala Did you see this already? You can click on CC for English subs if they don't appear automatically. It is so funny. So this is what the director was talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I think the other young man has something to do with the cinematography and the music, the older gentleman might be the director of photography, and the older woman with glasses is the production designer. I'm not sure about the woman without glasses - could she be the writer?

I like that we are introduced to the people of the creative team. We already met four of them in the video, and now an article just came out featuring the dance choreographer Monica.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/movie/2023/03/30/GG2QAIE3AQTH4JJT2RWVBIAKQU/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I like that we are introduced to the people of the creative team.

Agreed. It's nice to see them interviewed.

I figured out who's who in the making-of video, by pausing the video and translating the Korean that appears onscreen :). The young guy with the hat on is the cinematographer, the older gentleman is the music director, the woman without glasses is the head costume designer, and the woman with glasses is the art director.

~

Fun video from the first days of Very Private Southeast Asia:

I'm amazed not more people at the airport were picking up on the fact that LSK was there. It was also interesting to see them using US Dollars.

@sadiesmith Have you been able to find the show w/ English subs on any platforms? I haven't, but YouTube has quite a few clips from the first episode(s?) under the search term 아주사적인동남아. Just wish I could understand what they're all saying.

• Thanks 1