One Ok Rock

elizabeth

Guest chibakim

one ok rock thread. ^^

I love them too. And i love their yume yume.

my favourite is Alex though =D He did some of graohics for the single(or maybe album?) cover

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lindoodoo

Dude. I'm so addicted to these guys. XD

I love their mini-albums~ They've been on repeat all day. ^^

Guest TygrrLilly

^^ I haven't heard anything about it just yet either and I'm curious too.

actually the katakana for one ok rock, ワンオクロック, reads 'wan oku rokku' so yeah, it's one OCK rock... whatever that means. :P

From what I understand its a play on words. "wan oku rokku" is how you would say the english phrase "One o'clock" with a Japanese accent.

Apparently it comes from a inside joke about the time they always seemed to get for recording? Something like that.

Back on topic, I've been keeping tabs on these guys for a while and just recently went on a binge of their stuff. Good band, its really hard to describe why I like them, but I just really really do. My favorite song at the moment is "Etcetera"

^^ I haven't heard anything about it just yet either and I'm curious too.

From what I understand its a play on words. "wan oku rokku" is how you would say the english phrase "One o'clock" with a Japanese accent.

Apparently it comes from a inside joke about the time they always seemed to get for recording? Something like that.

Back on topic, I've been keeping tabs on these guys for a while and just recently went on a binge of their stuff. Good band, its really hard to describe why I like them, but I just really really do. My favorite song at the moment is "Etcetera"

I've been doing some thinking and I think I figure out why it's actually called, One "Ock" Rock instead of people misunderstanding it for One "Okay" Rock. Since they said they always record around 1 o'clock= o'cl"ock". So I'm thinking that the "OK" means clOCK= ONE o'clOCK ROCK---> One Ok Rock( I hope you all get what I'm saying). I don't know if you all figure this out already but if not, I thought I should just share my thoughts. HeehE... :P

Guest precious4e

^ lol on Wiki it said that they used to book studio time at studio One o' Clock and "ONE OK ROCK" sounds like 1 o' clock when said in Japanese. But I feel that if they write "OK" in English then i'm going to read it as "OKAY" lol.

Guest MizJudge.d

I'm listening to their latest album right now: Beam of Light. No much of new sound incorporated but still awesome anyways -D

I'm listening to their latest album right now: Beam of Light. No much of new sound incorporated but still awesome anyways -D

Guest TygrrLilly

I've been doing some thinking and I think I figure out why it's actually called, One "Ock" Rock instead of people misunderstanding it for One "Okay" Rock. Since they said they always record around 1 o'clock= o'cl"ock". So I'm thinking that the "OK" means clOCK= ONE o'clOCK ROCK---> One Ok Rock( I hope you all get what I'm saying). I don't know if you all figure this out already but if not, I thought I should just share my thoughts. HeehE... :P

... that's what I thought I said. :sweatingbullets:

Just heard the new album, and I can say that I'm not disappointed. I like all of the tracks but my favorites are probably "CRAZY BOTCH" and "100%"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest AznLiA

it's my favorite group!!! i'm so loving TAKA's voice.

i've all their single and Album ^^

my favorites song are Crazy Botch, i know, et cetera,.....aaargh no i love all ONE OK ROCK songs!!

and when you read the interview on JaME,.... TAKA's story is very very amazing <3

lost everething to sing his ownself music... :D:D:D I loveeeeee

• 1 month later...
Guest NO NAME?

ONE OK ROCK's New Album and 2009 Tour

09.14.2008 - R., Kay

translation : Lacy

source : Official Site

related artist(s) : ONE OK ROCK

··· Post a comment ···

Following the release of BEAM OF LIGHT, ONE OK ROCK will release their third album on November 12th. Kanjou Effect will contain twelve brand new tracks, the limited edition also including a DVD with live footage from their SHIBUYA-AX concert on September 12th.

In addition to this, the band already has plans for their first tour of 2009, starting on January 10th and ending with shows at Zepp Tokyo and Yokohama BLITZ, both of which have even larger capacities than AX. To see a complete list of tour dates, please see the tour schedule.

source: JaME

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THESE BOYS. <3

taka's voice is the cutest i've ever heard, but powerful at the same time.

i've been listening to their stuff over & over and i'm already excited for the new albuming coming out in nov!!

Guest coicogoro

I'm loving Moriuchi (Taka) more more more more. His voice is <33333333

Good decision to leave JE and pursue his music.

His singing improves 100x from when he was in JE

I mean, I love JE but Moriuchi's voice is more fr this types of kicka** songs.

Alex is such an eye candy. I love the songs in their last album!

^ I agree.. IMO, if he was still in JE and in NEWS.. he probably won't get that much attention because at the time when NEWS debuted he was only singing for backup vocals while the attention was on Yamapi. I'm glad he made it successful w/ One Ok Rock and I'm really glad where he is right now. Okay, I really should update the front page.

Archived