One Ok Rock

elizabeth

anyone interested?
I'm not sure if there's a thread about this band yet but I'll start one. I love their songs.

okrqa9.jpg

taken from their official website

Biography

Tomoya (became official drummer)

June 27, 1987

Drums

Alex

Mar 19, 1988

Guitar

Takahiro Morita (Recently changed his sur name from Moriuchi to Morita after his parents divorced; ex NEWS member)

April 17, 1988

Vocal

Toru

Dec 7, 1988

Vocal & Guitar

Ryota

Sept 4, 1989

Bass

official site: http://www.oneokrock.com/index.php

Official One Ok Rock Myspace Page

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Guest Raix

They're awesome <3 I love Naihi Shinsho~

I was surprised that Taka was in NEWS before xD His voice sounds really good with rock.

Guest yoishi

I never knew that either.. I don't remember seeing him in NEWS..maybe the old format group. I just heard about News recently..yeah, pretty lame in j-rock..LOL.

Guest pink_pingu

I love ONe ok rock and yeah like insomnia said hi voice suits this type of music much more than NEWS, it's husky so suits rock more is my conclusion. I swear though in all PV's I can never see any of their faces properly but then, I think i've skipped through a few just to see fi I actually could see anyone's face (I was curious to see how Taka changed after NEWS)

Guest xtrantranx

yay a i love one ok rock theyre my favorite rock band/group

n taka's voice is sooo AWESOME :lol:

i love their songs

any one been 2 their concert before?

n do any of u guyz have any new about them,it's kinda hard 4 me to find some info about them :)

pm if u have any new about them thank ^^

Guest alwaysdreaming

I just heard about them recently and totally in love with them. Also, I love Taka's voice and agree that is suits rock better.

Guest Insomnia

I love ONe ok rock and yeah like insomnia said hi voice suits this type of music much more than NEWS, it's husky so suits rock more is my conclusion. I swear though in all PV's I can never see any of their faces properly but then, I think i've skipped through a few just to see fi I actually could see anyone's face (I was curious to see how Taka changed after NEWS)

You're not the only one. I tried to compare Taka's new look to his old one, but their PVs never show clear views of their faces!

• 3 months later...
Guest Lukita_015

Oh I love them, i was baited by Keep it real. In the beginning i was O.o about Taka in a rock band,but their songs are soo catchy i love keep it real and from the 2nd single karasu

and you guys?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i first heard about this band because of moriuchi/morita/taka. i used to really not like him back when news first debuted (well i didn't like the idea of news as a whole, and i was annoyed that some unknown guy got to debut when there were some other 'veterans' who probably should have had that chance instead) and was sort of satisfied when he left. :P

i listened to this band out of curiosity ('HAHAHA moriuchi in a rock band?!') and wasn't expecting much. i must say, however, that i was pleasantly surprised. <3 one ok rock is definitely a band that i'll be watching in the future. their material is definitely good and i find taka fits better in it.

my favourite songs so far are keep it real, etcetera, and i know, yume yume and tsurai+ichi=shiawase.

can't believe these guys are all younger than me though haha... i'm just getting older i guess.

I don't have anything with taka when he's with NewS bcos no doubt he has the nicest voice among the news member. I'm glad he left bcos people are definitely not going to take notice of his voice if he's in JE. His voice suits better in j-rock compared to pop.

Guest july-eighth

I got into ONE OK ROCK through a friend.

I haven't been paying attention to their major single releases that much though. (Shame on me!)

But I love their mini albums. My favorites from their mini albums is You've Broken My Heart and tsurai + ichi = shiawase.

^nope...but I downloaded it. >__<

I don't like their new album...only the songs from their singles were good...the new songs were okay in my opinion.

Guest manlytoe

OH MY HOLY JESUS!!! I WAS ABOUT TO START ONE.. BUT THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS ONE!!!

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! THEIR MUSIC IS INSANELY ADDICTING!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS BAND... MY FRIEND AND I BOTH AGREE THAT THEY ARE LIKE THE JAPANESE VERSION OF LINKIN PARK...

HAHAHAHAH!!!! ANYWAYS, SHOOT I LOVE THIS BAND!!!! I'M HECKA OBSESSED!!!

Eh. I wouldn't call them a Japanese version of LP.

LP has that turntable sound in their songs, with a bit of piano. Their old style anyway.

New album-wise, I guess you can say they're sort of similar.

I'm in love with TAKA's voice <3 It's like...a 13 year old with a husky voice haha

Their new album...I liked '(You Can Do) Everything' and Borderline. Lujo's my least favourite. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I think my fave song by them ever would probably be Naihi Shinsho, first song I ever heard by them. I like 'And I Know' as well. 'Et Cetera' is so awesome too.

Phwoar. Alex is a model too you know. From umm...'Gig' something I think...

Archived