Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Korea|New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

mimi26 said: @swcheeks Rachel Yamagata is a singer Min Young likes. Her songs are on the list I linked. You can google her.
Good to know you have liked her since SKKS. I think you will get lots of info on her if you backread soompi PMY. PMYIfansUnited on youtube and dailymotion has subbed some of her videos and you can read her cyworld posts on coolsmurf who used to be her old fan and used to update on her regularly before. There is minmincouple wordpress as well. They also have a huge collection of her news and interviews. There is also lovepmy on tumblr and blogspot.

@larienssi Yes, since CYS was a quirky character, MY had to develop a unique body language and tone to be her which she has not done before. She has made changes with her tone even before and they have worked, but not this much with body language. Besides she shed some of her inhibtions about looking pretty on screen. I also think the writing for the character was much more detailed in giving her a distinct personality and a backstory to fall back upon.

@pnaysurfer84 Thank you. You can check out SKKS and some of her early dramas like I am Sam and portions of High Kick where she played a brat unlike her more recent characters.

@rushcute I definitely would like her to pair up with SJK. I can see the chemistry like you.

@youngshin Then you are following the right actress. Hehe Min Young is straightforward, intelligent and warm-hearted. One reason why most of us fell in love with her was because she was so warm as a person, to her co-actors as well as the staff. And then her laughter. She knows how to put people at ease and has a child-like side to her because of which you want to protect her. At the same time, she is very strong mentally and knows what is fair criticism and what is not.

Min Young also has a wacky side to her which must have helped her with playing CYS.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14h7ow_20130414-with-park-min-young-eng-sub_people
cre: JzzMeen, Dailymotion and PMYifansunited

Since Healer is now over, I am going back to my studies. So I won't be online for some time. Hope all the new fans will keep updating the thread and pass more PMY love around. Thank you everybody for making this thread so lively again after long.

Guest youngshin

Thank you to her fans for posting info about PMY.

Sorry, just curious,I was in Kdrama withdrawal when PMY had a hiatus.  May I ask a question and it's ok if you can't answer.  Why did she take a break again?  Someone mentioned she was hurt? It couldn't be a break up because that dating issue was a while back, am I right?  So what was she hurt about then. 

Thanks again.

youngshin said:

Sorry, just curious,I was in Kdrama withdrawal when PMY had a hiatus.  May I ask a question and it's ok if you can't answer.  Why did she take a break again?  Someone mentioned she was hurt? It couldn't be a break up because that dating issue was a while back, am I right?  So what was she hurt about then. 

Thanks again.

Guest youngshin

Thank You @And one.

I thought so...it was more for her own personal growth than anything.

How long were they together?... I thought it wasn't for real.

Anyway, she looks very much over it and she is looking more beautiful than ever.

AndOne said: youngshin said:

Thanks again.

Regarding Min Youngshi's hiatus,I blame her previous agency Kingkong entertainment for that.Instead of supporting & protecting Min Youngshi, they controlled her.As I think though she wanted to act,she didn't want to act under kingkong that's why she didn't act.And although she had been admitted to the Theater Arts Department of Dongguk in 2004,she couldn't complete her degree.So,I think she took the best decision and completed it. 
This article is from MinMin Wordpress,may be this will help you guys to understand about it more.

Although the agency’s of of Park Min Young & Lee Min Ho have confirmed the breakup of the couple, the story they provided will make one wonder that how much truth is there to their ‘breakup’.Is KingKong bossing around? Is it an effort to provide the couple relaxation from media limelight?

Ask me and I’ll blame it KingKong Entertainment.After the hate & bashing that Minyoung received on twitter, fans of the actress started requesting the agency to protect her from the haters.As a result KingKong stepped forward to save it’s image & image of it’s actress & took things under it’s control.

With antis turning crazier after seeing Minyoungs ring pic, KingKong asked Park Minyoung to delete that tweet, she got pissed cuz of such high level of censorship & deleted all other tweets as well except ‘with lots of love’ for Minho to rub it on the face of the haters (lmaoo..way to go Minyoungie!). Next KingKong had to take initiative to protect it’s reputation & it’s actress from this non-stop hate circus, so after Minyoung left for US, it extended her break from one month to three months & announced the breakup with help of a fake story, without discussing the matters with Minyoung, Minho or StarHaus. 

KingKong started controlling Minyoung by first extending her break from one month to three months & then giving out a ‘breakup’ statement on it’s own without discussing matters with StarHaus. No wonder StarHaus was all surprised initially & said that MinMin are doing fine & the breakup is not true else Lee Minho would tell them about it.  POINT TO BE NOTED - Lee Minho or his agency had no idea about this ‘breakup’ news coming up (this is why Minho had posted a happy smiling pic on his twitter a day before). Why they had no idea about it? Why did KingKong take liberty to make a move on it’s own?   Next is after StarHaus became aware that KingKong had already released the statement it contacted Lee Minho and he talked to Minyoung on how to go about it. Minyoung probably had no idea what her agency is upto so she discussed matters with them and then told Minho that KingKong is making controlling moves & they have no choice except to play along. Then Minho talked to SH and admitted to the ‘breakup’ & requested his agency to show his & Minyoungs relationship in friendly light. On getting confirmation from Minho, StarHaus became defensive towards it’s actors image & released a statement saying they were in ‘getting to know each other’ phase so there can’t be any breakup & MinMin are ‘back being friends’.

KingKong’s statement on 25th January -'Minyoung broke up with Minho during December that’s why they went to separate awards’  

KingKong’s statement as on December 30th -Firstly, on the reasons why Min Young chose to attend the KBS awards, her agency representative said that her role in Glory Jane is meatier and she appears more frequently than City Hunter. Glory Jane is also a more recent work. When asked about Lee Min Ho, the representative said, “That’s another story. Both of them are still dating well.”

-MinMin went to CH crew New Year party on 4th January

- Park Minyoung posted a ‘brightly smiling’ selca pic on twitter where she was happily & subconsciously showing her beloved ring on 14th January.

- Minho attended Seoul Music Awards on 19th January where he was all ‘happy & smiling’

- Lee Minho again a posted happy & smiling selca pic on 24th January, a day before ‘breakup’ news

Does any of the above scenario anywhere proves that the couple broke up in December? These things certainly don’t support KingKong’s ‘December breakup story’.

Another thing, why did KK wait for ‘ring fiasco’ to happen if they had already ‘broken up’ in December? Why was that ring even there after the ‘breakup’?KingKong had the ‘breakup’ story ready but StarHaus had no story to tell -

WHY? If there’s a breakup then both the agencies should know about it & their story should be the same then why only Kingkong was the one telling the story & StarHaus was following the league as if it had no idea of its own on what to say? Why there was no coordination between both the agencies? Because MinMin never broke up, KingKong cooked story of it’s own as it’s controlling Minyoung & StarHaus certainly wasn’t informed about this story cuz KK didn’t think it was necessary this just proves how strongly KingKong is dominating. It was natural for SH to act protective towards Minho. Pretty immature of KK to act this way.

No credible sources to back up agencys claim -Where’s DISPATCH? Inside sources? Close friends? Anyone who can varify or comment on this ‘breakup’? How ‘natural’ was this ‘breakup’ that no one knows about it, not even Minho? Looks like initially even Minyoung had no idea about it.If we show them proofs on how vigorously MinMin have been dating will they get us MinMins statement on this ‘breakup’? We want a valid explanation (if there’s any) & not ‘busy schedule’ bullcrap.‘Busy schedule’ as the reason for breakup -Is that even a reason? That too when there are proofs & pics showing how MinMin throw everything aside just to meet & be with each other? FAIL! EPIC FAIL!! CONCLUSION – There’s no solid ground to prove that the breakup actually happened. It’s more like a cover to protect the couple from the media & haters. KingKong is lying through & through, controlling Minyoung & StarHaus is following the league. Minyoung has no choice but to follow KK for sake of her career & Minho is quiet cuz this is the only way to protect Minyoung from crazy antis so that she can focus on her work till the time they aren’t fully ready to go public with their relationship. Minhos schedule is quiet busy while his other half is relaxing for a while (not sure in US or in Korea) before she returns back to work. Everyone here stay put & keep supporting MinMin. Leave everything on time & trust MinMin & their love cuz their love for each other will pull them through all the odds….A post by: HeartMinMin

Actually, because of my shipping heart, I can't say some things in hereBut I will say this, because of MinMin's relationship Min Young was bashed by those stupid fans and I'm really sad to say some of them STILL bash Min YoungshiBut as always her fans (us) fight with them to protect herespecially in FB & Twitter.She is a friendly,caring,humble,cheerful & beautiful women in both inside & out,so she will definitely find a good husband.Whoever he is,he will be really lucky to have her. :x

PiyuMiUmesha said: Regarding Min Youngshi's hiatus,I blame her previous agency Kingkong entertainment for that.Instead of supporting & protecting Min Youngshi, they controlled her.As I think though she wanted to act,she didn't want to act under kingkong that's why she didn't act.And although she had been admitted to the Theater Arts Department of Dongguk in 2004,she couldn't complete her degree.So,I think she took the best decision and completed it. 
This article is from MinMin Wordpress,may be this will help you guys to understand about it more.

Although the agency’s of of Park Min Young & Lee Min Ho have confirmed the breakup of the couple, the story they provided will make one wonder that how much truth is there to their ‘breakup’.Is KingKong bossing around? Is it an effort to provide the couple relaxation from media limelight?

Ask me and I’ll blame it KingKong Entertainment.After the hate & bashing that Minyoung received on twitter, fans of the actress started requesting the agency to protect her from the haters.As a result KingKong stepped forward to save it’s image & image of it’s actress & took things under it’s control.

With antis turning crazier after seeing Minyoungs ring pic, KingKong asked Park Minyoung to delete that tweet, she got pissed cuz of such high level of censorship & deleted all other tweets as well except ‘with lots of love’ for Minho to rub it on the face of the haters (lmaoo..way to go Minyoungie!). Next KingKong had to take initiative to protect it’s reputation & it’s actress from this non-stop hate circus, so after Minyoung left for US, it extended her break from one month to three months & announced the breakup with help of a fake story, without discussing the matters with Minyoung, Minho or StarHaus. 

KingKong started controlling Minyoung by first extending her break from one month to three months & then giving out a ‘breakup’ statement on it’s own without discussing matters with StarHaus. No wonder StarHaus was all surprised initially & said that MinMin are doing fine & the breakup is not true else Lee Minho would tell them about it.  POINT TO BE NOTED - Lee Minho or his agency had no idea about this ‘breakup’ news coming up (this is why Minho had posted a happy smiling pic on his twitter a day before). Why they had no idea about it? Why did KingKong take liberty to make a move on it’s own?   Next is after StarHaus became aware that KingKong had already released the statement it contacted Lee Minho and he talked to Minyoung on how to go about it. Minyoung probably had no idea what her agency is upto so she discussed matters with them and then told Minho that KingKong is making controlling moves & they have no choice except to play along. Then Minho talked to SH and admitted to the ‘breakup’ & requested his agency to show his & Minyoungs relationship in friendly light. On getting confirmation from Minho, StarHaus became defensive towards it’s actors image & released a statement saying they were in ‘getting to know each other’ phase so there can’t be any breakup & MinMin are ‘back being friends’.

KingKong’s statement on 25th January -'Minyoung broke up with Minho during December that’s why they went to separate awards’  

KingKong’s statement as on December 30th -Firstly, on the reasons why Min Young chose to attend the KBS awards, her agency representative said that her role in Glory Jane is meatier and she appears more frequently than City Hunter. Glory Jane is also a more recent work. When asked about Lee Min Ho, the representative said, “That’s another story. Both of them are still dating well.”

-MinMin went to CH crew New Year party on 4th January

- Park Minyoung posted a ‘brightly smiling’ selca pic on twitter where she was happily & subconsciously showing her beloved ring on 14th January.

- Minho attended Seoul Music Awards on 19th January where he was all ‘happy & smiling’

- Lee Minho again a posted happy & smiling selca pic on 24th January, a day before ‘breakup’ news

Does any of the above scenario anywhere proves that the couple broke up in December? These things certainly don’t support KingKong’s ‘December breakup story’.

Another thing, why did KK wait for ‘ring fiasco’ to happen if they had already ‘broken up’ in December? Why was that ring even there after the ‘breakup’?KingKong had the ‘breakup’ story ready but StarHaus had no story to tell -

WHY? If there’s a breakup then both the agencies should know about it & their story should be the same then why only Kingkong was the one telling the story & StarHaus was following the league as if it had no idea of its own on what to say? Why there was no coordination between both the agencies? Because MinMin never broke up, KingKong cooked story of it’s own as it’s controlling Minyoung & StarHaus certainly wasn’t informed about this story cuz KK didn’t think it was necessary this just proves how strongly KingKong is dominating. It was natural for SH to act protective towards Minho. Pretty immature of KK to act this way.

No credible sources to back up agencys claim -Where’s DISPATCH? Inside sources? Close friends? Anyone who can varify or comment on this ‘breakup’? How ‘natural’ was this ‘breakup’ that no one knows about it, not even Minho? Looks like initially even Minyoung had no idea about it.If we show them proofs on how vigorously MinMin have been dating will they get us MinMins statement on this ‘breakup’? We want a valid explanation (if there’s any) & not ‘busy schedule’ bullcrap.‘Busy schedule’ as the reason for breakup -Is that even a reason? That too when there are proofs & pics showing how MinMin throw everything aside just to meet & be with each other? FAIL! EPIC FAIL!! CONCLUSION – There’s no solid ground to prove that the breakup actually happened. It’s more like a cover to protect the couple from the media & haters. KingKong is lying through & through, controlling Minyoung & StarHaus is following the league. Minyoung has no choice but to follow KK for sake of her career & Minho is quiet cuz this is the only way to protect Minyoung from crazy antis so that she can focus on her work till the time they aren’t fully ready to go public with their relationship. Minhos schedule is quiet busy while his other half is relaxing for a while (not sure in US or in Korea) before she returns back to work. Everyone here stay put & keep supporting MinMin. Leave everything on time & trust MinMin & their love cuz their love for each other will pull them through all the odds….A post by: HeartMinMin

Actually, because of my shipping heart, I can't say some things in hereBut I will say this, because of MinMin's relationship Min Young was bashed by those stupid fans and I'm really sad to say some of them STILL bash Min YoungshiBut as always her fans (us) fight with them to protect herespecially in FB & Twitter.She is a friendly,caring,humble,cheerful & beautiful women in both inside & out,so she will definitely find a good husband.Whoever he is,he will be really lucky to have her. :x

Guest youngshin

Wow... the price to pay to be in show business...goodness maybe better for her to be with a non showbiz guy.  The fans of these male actors can be really crazy.

I asked the question because I just watched the translated Entertainment News where she was modeling for Compagna.  It sounded off REGRET,  like she regrets not acting freely during her 20s because she is in showbiz.  That she missed a lot. There is also a bit about finding that right man who will stand by her.

Hmmm your answers kind of explained where she is coming from.

Tks

Guest blossomnagr

Guys, as you know PMY's birthday is approaching, March 4th. We are planning to make two videos. first, dedicated to her birthday and  second, 10 year anniversary in entertainment industry. 
Please send your birthday wishes, fan arts and messages to pmyifansutd@gmail.com by March 1st. Thank you! :x

Article: Park Min Young "Hateful comments asking whether I got plastic surgery to look uglier during my 2 year hiatus"

Source:
 Star Today via Nate

"I really let myself go for my character and didn't care about how I looked since my character was someone who lived a busy and rough life. I laughed when I started reading comments saying, 'I thought she was pretty but her beauty dropped', 'I never knew she was this ugly', or 'Did she get plastic surgery to look uglier?' From the perspective of an actress, it's both laughable and upsetting but once I let myself go without worrying about camera angles and whatnot, I found a sense of freedom within my acting..."

1. [+788, -47] Honestly, Park Min Young's dramas either do average or above average. Her acting's not on the bad end either. I wish she'd gain more self esteem and stop fixing up her face. She began looking unnatural with 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' and now her face is just melting down.

2. [+518, -23] She's getting older... naturally, your beauty won't be what it was when you were younger. People should stop expecting it to.

3. [+505, -82] She got famous for her plastic surgery but it's also ruining her now too.

4. [+36, -19] I love her and enjoyed her in 'Sungkyunkwan' and 'City Hunter'. Looking forward to her other dramas.

5. [+32, -11] Normally kids who got a lot of work done when they were younger start to show the negative effects as they grow older and get uglier... Like Yoo In Na..

6. [+32, -3] She was the prettiest during 'High Kick'

7. [+32, -22] I think it's true that she got uglier though;;;

8. [+21, -2] She's 30 now, you can't expect her to always look like she did in her twenties

credithttp://www.netizenbuzz.blogspot.de/2015/02/park-min-young-talks-about-dealing-with.html
Seriously though, what about her is ugly...I do not understand these K-netizens, I hope she does not take these comments to heart. What matters most is that she got better at acting. I mean she is just glowing and looks beautiful, I mean she's gotten prettier with age...Guess we all have different standards of beauty