Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in LA Jul 27 |New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

33 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thanks for the info. So her dog's name is Leon. I think her dog is so cute! So her sister lives in the U.S and she is a designer. PMY is very private? Aww that makes me sad :bawling:. You think if she gets married it will be a secret wedding? Aww that makes me sad too.:bawling:

What kind of roles would you say she does the most? Romantic comedy historical?

She prefer rom com like genre but on practice she often choose tragical roles, drama, mistery even horror (The Cat movie) she has three costume dramas. But she likes more genres her fav/ movies is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Black Swan (she dreams to play role like Black Swan) she also love  Audrey Hepburn .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OksanaS said:

She prefer rom com like genre but on practice she often choose tragical roles, drama, mistery even horror (The Cat movie) she has three costume dramas. But she likes more genres her fav/ movies is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Black Swan (she dreams to play role like Black Swan) she also love  Audrey Hepburn .

Thanks for the info :). She dreams to play a role like Black Swan? Aww! Well, I hope she gets her dreams. I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. So she has a lot of influences. And I love Audrey Hepburn. You know, she kind of reminds me of her. I think they have the same innocence. What do you think?

17.08.11 THE STAR Q&A STAR SHOW 

Q - With whom of the actors do you support communication?
- With Kim Bom, we made our debut together in a "funny family", and we know each other for 10 years.
The role that you want to play again, or replay?
-I will choose "I'm a Teacher", I want to wear a school uniform again.
The secret of your beauty ...
- Nourishing mask once a week
Devilish or divine beauty?
- Devilish beauty (but then to not regret your choice)
What kind of drama do you like?
- Hyori's B and B
Long hair or short?
- Long
What's in your playlist?
- IU (album released February 15, 2011)

• Like 5

[DA: Interview ③] Park Min-young "Healing with my ear candy", still contact with Lee Jun Ki

"When my acting thirst started to rise, I shot candies in my ears. At the end, I was tearing up while talking to Lee Jun Ki. I was having some conversation. 'I always played candy. I feel a thirst for acting, '. Lee Jun Ki said " I think you are a colorful learner. " It was a moment. Of course, the editing point was artistic, but I was healed. I wanted to have a good show. After that, I sometimes get messenger with him "

This article have 424 comments.

DHGvgplUAAEw2fT.jpg

• Like 6

Park Min Young Reveals She Still Keeps In Touch With “My Ear’s Candy” Partner Lee Joon Gi

Park-Min-Young1.jpg

She said, “The program was a time of healing for me, just like traveling. When I was on ‘My Ear’s Candy,’ I was feeling frustrated because of my acting. I cried during the last phone call with Lee Joon Gi. I told him that I was not happy with my acting because I always play the same type of role.”

She continued, “He then said, ‘What are you talking about? You are a great actress who is able to portray a wide range of characters.’ At that moment, I became emotional. I thought at this moment that variety programs are great as well. I still keep in touch with Lee Joon Gi from time to time.”

There was some controversy after Lee Joon Gi confirmed his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin. Viewers questioned Lee Joon Gi’s sincerity after dating news arose.

In regards to this, Park Min Young commented, “Of course there are some parts that I wish had gone better, but my heart fluttered while watching the program myself. Though the show’s concept is friendship between females and males, the way the episodes were edited made it seem romantic. My actions were more interesting and immersive to the viewer so I enjoyed watching it.”

In the same interview, Park Min Young also revealed that she was a fan of “Three Meals a Day.” She said, “I would love to be a guest on ‘Three Meals a Day.’ I love cooking, and I currently take cooking classes.”

• Like 6

[17.08.16] What will Min Young do with the rest of 2017?
Reporter asked Min Young about her plans for the second half of 2017.
* Min Young said that the second half of this year she plans to take a break, even if she does not have a film project, she still has a lot to do (laughs). "I'm looking at the works in the first half of next year, of course the historical movies will be eliminated (laughs).
Q: What will be done in the spare time, coming ??
* Min Young says there are a lot of things to do. Lee has weighed 10kg and needs to help him with his hair, go with him, go hang out. Chinese courses, Chinese exercises are also great, eat and have to clean the house, a week will see 3-4 movies.
There are several upcoming TV series, I have to watch when it airs, next time is to watch TV shows, TV. One day really very short !!!.

20170810211037272twen.jpg

• Like 7

17/08/17 NEW ARTICLE/INTERVIEW

0000293827_001_20170817064108301.jpg?typ

- How much did you spend on this character.
I did not care about other things at all, I focused only on the script. It is the first time I've lived with a script. I watched the script by splitting the time. I have not slept an hour a day. If well given in three hours, I spent two hours in the analysis. It has a lot of metabolism, and the scene is long. I only saw the script all day. I often see my cell phone but I left it at all. I heard my friends say, 'This is the first time I have not been contacted.' I did not see my cell phone at all.

Early ratings were not as good as expected. However, when I was immersed in the characters, I was so relieved. I pledged to transcend everything and do my best. When I shake, it seems to shake everyone, so I was faithful to acting.

The environment also had to be immersed. It was a three-hour drive from Mungyeong to Seoul, and I lived in a motel on the spot. Actually, the adaptation was quick because the cast and living together with the staff. YWJ said that it is good to have a feeling of taking a movie. The neighborhood is so narrow that I knew what I did last night and what I ate. When I met him in the morning on the filming stage, he said, "Yesterday I ate piggy pigs?" Staff, cast and flow of water flowed naturally. It was a long time historical drama, and it was good in many ways.

- Because of the high level of immersion, the sense of accomplishment after the end of drama seems to be the best.
In terms of accomplishment, this work has been the biggest in recent years. After the end of the drama, I went to Juppaty, and the other actors said, 'I did not know you would do this. It was a good actor, '' No one would have done as much as you. ' I did not want to pay for it, but I thought that if you do your best and if you do it honestly, you will know as much as you can. Thank you.

It would not have been a perfect performance, but if I go back to 2017 and try again later, I can not think of anything better. I poured all my life. I have to show a more complete performance in the future, but even if I did my best this time, I am satisfied that I have not missed a lot of people.

- The evaluation that was pleasant in talking about this work.
Smoke praise was the best. The bad word can be heard a hundred times. It does not matter. But I can not sleep when I hear that the critics is not good.

Fortunately, this work was over and the fans' satisfaction was high. My main job is to be an actor, and I want to be faithful to it. I am happy to fly if I hear the praise that even 1 meter is more deep than before. If you listen to such praise, you want to shoot right away, and you want to postpone it.

I did not get ratings and I thought it was a long time historical drama challenge. I feel like I received an unexpected gift.

- What would be the work of Park Min-young, 'The Queen of the Seven Days'?
My mom inspects it objectively, but at the end of the play, she said, 'It may be hard for you, but it will be very meaningful to you.' The more you speak, the deeper the meaning. It seems to be memorized as a work that fiercely postponed the success of the audience rating.

- Greater desire for acting as an actor.
If the actor is told that he can not postpone, he is likely to get it. I have been doing this for 11 years, but I am afraid that I will not be able to develop, I wanted to do better this time because I was afraid that I was only cloning myself. If I had been judged to have been cloned, I would have had no talent, but I was glad to have received praise.

• Like 8

Park Min Young Shares The Trick To Historical Acting And More

Park-Min-Young2-1.jpg

Actress Park Min Young surprised many people with her performance in the KBS2 drama “Queen for 7 Days.” Though she debuted 11 years ago, she has garnered more attention for her elegant appearance than her actual acting abilities. This, however, was not the case in her latest role as Shin Chae Kyung, a noble women in the Joseon Era who was dethroned 7 days after becoming Queen Dangyeong. The actress put everything into her role depicting the real-life romance of the ill-fated Queen Dangyeong and King Joongjong.

Park Min Young sat down for an interview to discuss the drama and its originally low ratings.

Personally, the drama seems satisfactory, yet the viewer numbers were lower than expected. It seems like you could have been discouraged about this. Looking back, why do you think the ratings did not come out as expected?

“‘Ruler: Master of the Mask,’ which has a similar theme to our drama, ended just before. We came second to this drama, so the the public reception was not as high as we had anticipated. ‘Ruler: Master of the Mask’ was really interesting as well, so I think it was hard to break into that niche market. We have to secure a certain viewer rate by episode 4, but since we had our first episode 3 weeks after the premiere of other dramas, it was difficult for us. Of course, at first the viewing rate came out lower than expected. At the begining I thought, ‘Could these be the right numbers?’ But I brushed it off immediately.

“Ratings are in the realm of God, so I just figured it was out of my hands. Though I would like to receive recognition for having done a good job, I decided that I should only do what I needed to do. After that, I didn’t really look at the ratings. Later, when I heard that we had finished in second place, I was really happy. If my expectations had been higher and I had expected more, I would have liked to have gotten first place, but I am really happy with just second. Even though it was late, I’m glad viewers got to see the drama.”

You are known for being a strong in historic roles. Productions you’ve participated in like “Ja Myung Go,” and “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” have all received good reviews. What are two things that you focused on in this drama?

“Since my character is a historical figure, I was really careful in the way that I portrayed her. I was even more careful not to break character. I liked the character because she is lovely and bright, but I thought that if she showed indecisiveness in the love triangle, it would be a fatal blow to her. I wanted to portray this as a sincere love story, and if my acting was off and it seemed like like I was falling for one more than the other, it could cause confusion for the viewers. I set a line from the beginning and stuck to it. I did not want to break the historical basis of the character.”

But there is no actual historic record of Shin Chae Kyung.

“That actually made things easier. I experienced the process of reading only the character description and going off of that. I also read unofficial histories, but that of course is nothing more than an unofficial history. It was in ‘faction’ (a combination of fact and fiction) that I was truly able to let my imagination run wild. I wanted to make my character very loving. There had to be some sort of charm to have been receiving the love of two people. I focused on that aspect. She ended up being quite a good character. The writers did a great job.”

Do you have know-how for historical acting?

“There is no difference between acting for modern dramas and historical dramas. However, historical dramas do require more temperance. In modern dramas there are a lot of full shots and so you are able to have more freedom of expression. You can use more gestures and flowery language that you are accustomed to. But in historical dramas you have to be faithful to the script. Facial expressions, muscles, and eye movements must all match the script so there has to be more details in the acting. The shots are extremely tight and you must do your movements one by one. There are a lot of actors who find this aspect of historical dramas appealing.

“I think historical dramas have an aesthetic of restraint, but there isn’t a ‘know-how’ to it. I think you just have to use the standard tactics of acting. I am the type to try and act by the book. If your pronunciation is all over the place, then you are not able to deliver lines of a historic drama. There are a lot of words that are not used in daily life, and since there is a tone and line style that viewers are used to hearing, no one will be able to tell what you are saying if you do not do it properly. People would say, ‘Why are you using present-day speech?’

“However, since I’ve been doing historic drams for so long, it does seem like it has become more natural and comfortable for me than it was a few years ago. Up until recently, there was a historic style for word endings, but having done this drama, it seems that modern words are getting mixed in. I also followed this trend.”

What will you do on your break from acting?

“I am a homebody. There was a survey for which celebrities seemed most like homebodies and I got 4th place. I was really upset about this! Just 4th place! I love being at home and I like to decorate it prettily because that is where I spend most of my time. These days I am running a cafe called ‘Cafe de Min Young’ out of my kitchen (laughs.) I invite my friends and make them food and bring them tea. I even receive reservations.

“I get asked a lot what I do all day at home but I’m actually very busy. I am raising a puppy and even though he is just 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds,) he is full of energy. I have to throw the ball 120 times in the morning to satiate him and that takes a full hour. I do this and that, and if I have customers at my house, that takes up a lot of time. I like to watch movies at my house to rest. Every once in a while I look at the synopsis for casting offers as well. I don’t see a dermatologist so I do my own skin care. I do mask packs a lot and also exfoliate. I take cooking classes and Chinese lessons. Time really flies! On days that I want to rest, I don’t invite anyone over and just chill. Since I was young, I could never understand people who went to study in cafes. I’m the type that has to be at home to study.”

What are your goals and dreams as an actress?

“I want to have the role of a lifetime. At first, I never intended to do acting for this long, but my dreams have changed. When I was lucky enough to debut, I had no idea that I would like acting for so long. I’m not sure when I became so engrossed in it. There were times I think I might start a second life if I were to get married and have kids or if I find a different dream. But the more I act and the deeper I know about it, I only want to know more and act more. It just keeps becoming more fun. Every other thing has ended up being just a hobby, but I want my life’s work to be acting.

“Acting is always stressful. When I analyse a part, it is very sensitive and takes a lot of effort. When I receive a screenplay, I always continue my rehearsals by myself. But that stress suddenly becomes enjoyable. It seems you have to be working at something to be truly alive.”

Watch “Queen for 7 Days” now!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, OksanaS said:

17/08/17 NEW ARTICLE/INTERVIEW

0000293827_001_20170817064108301.jpg?typ

- How much did you spend on this character.
I did not care about other things at all, I focused only on the script. It is the first time I've lived with a script. I watched the script by splitting the time. I have not slept an hour a day. If well given in three hours, I spent two hours in the analysis. It has a lot of metabolism, and the scene is long. I only saw the script all day. I often see my cell phone but I left it at all. I heard my friends say, 'This is the first time I have not been contacted.' I did not see my cell phone at all.

Early ratings were not as good as expected. However, when I was immersed in the characters, I was so relieved. I pledged to transcend everything and do my best. When I shake, it seems to shake everyone, so I was faithful to acting.

The environment also had to be immersed. It was a three-hour drive from Mungyeong to Seoul, and I lived in a motel on the spot. Actually, the adaptation was quick because the cast and living together with the staff. YWJ said that it is good to have a feeling of taking a movie. The neighborhood is so narrow that I knew what I did last night and what I ate. When I met him in the morning on the filming stage, he said, "Yesterday I ate piggy pigs?" Staff, cast and flow of water flowed naturally. It was a long time historical drama, and it was good in many ways.

- Because of the high level of immersion, the sense of accomplishment after the end of drama seems to be the best.
In terms of accomplishment, this work has been the biggest in recent years. After the end of the drama, I went to Juppaty, and the other actors said, 'I did not know you would do this. It was a good actor, '' No one would have done as much as you. ' I did not want to pay for it, but I thought that if you do your best and if you do it honestly, you will know as much as you can. Thank you.

It would not have been a perfect performance, but if I go back to 2017 and try again later, I can not think of anything better. I poured all my life. I have to show a more complete performance in the future, but even if I did my best this time, I am satisfied that I have not missed a lot of people.

- The evaluation that was pleasant in talking about this work.
Smoke praise was the best. The bad word can be heard a hundred times. It does not matter. But I can not sleep when I hear that the critics is not good.

Fortunately, this work was over and the fans' satisfaction was high. My main job is to be an actor, and I want to be faithful to it. I am happy to fly if I hear the praise that even 1 meter is more deep than before. If you listen to such praise, you want to shoot right away, and you want to postpone it.

I did not get ratings and I thought it was a long time historical drama challenge. I feel like I received an unexpected gift.

- What would be the work of Park Min-young, 'The Queen of the Seven Days'?
My mom inspects it objectively, but at the end of the play, she said, 'It may be hard for you, but it will be very meaningful to you.' The more you speak, the deeper the meaning. It seems to be memorized as a work that fiercely postponed the success of the audience rating.

- Greater desire for acting as an actor.
If the actor is told that he can not postpone, he is likely to get it. I have been doing this for 11 years, but I am afraid that I will not be able to develop, I wanted to do better this time because I was afraid that I was only cloning myself. If I had been judged to have been cloned, I would have had no talent, but I was glad to have received praise.

That's why,let's keep giving great reviews on this drama guys.... Overflowing.... cause regardsless of the rating, the actors only wants an honest reviews!!... And that's the booster of a true actors/actresses!!.....

Remember how they suffer from the heat, the lights and the layers of hanboks, and the time they spent all day shooting...  despite this, they gave a very excellent performance!!...

Now I know, YWJ wants to be in movies more than dramas hahahah... I just his profile that he's been in so many movies, not the leading roles perhaps, but would still be included on his profiles.... 

5 hours ago, OksanaS said:

Park Min Young Shares The Trick To Historical Acting And More

Park-Min-Young2-1.jpg

Actress Park Min Young surprised many people with her performance in the KBS2 drama “Queen for 7 Days.” Though she debuted 11 years ago, she has garnered more attention for her elegant appearance than her actual acting abilities. This, however, was not the case in her latest role as Shin Chae Kyung, a noble women in the Joseon Era who was dethroned 7 days after becoming Queen Dangyeong. The actress put everything into her role depicting the real-life romance of the ill-fated Queen Dangyeong and King Joongjong.

Park Min Young sat down for an interview to discuss the drama and its originally low ratings.

Personally, the drama seems satisfactory, yet the viewer numbers were lower than expected. It seems like you could have been discouraged about this. Looking back, why do you think the ratings did not come out as expected?

“‘Ruler: Master of the Mask,’ which has a similar theme to our drama, ended just before. We came second to this drama, so the the public reception was not as high as we had anticipated. ‘Ruler: Master of the Mask’ was really interesting as well, so I think it was hard to break into that niche market. We have to secure a certain viewer rate by episode 4, but since we had our first episode 3 weeks after the premiere of other dramas, it was difficult for us. Of course, at first the viewing rate came out lower than expected. At the begining I thought, ‘Could these be the right numbers?’ But I brushed it off immediately.

“Ratings are in the realm of God, so I just figured it was out of my hands. Though I would like to receive recognition for having done a good job, I decided that I should only do what I needed to do. After that, I didn’t really look at the ratings. Later, when I heard that we had finished in second place, I was really happy. If my expectations had been higher and I had expected more, I would have liked to have gotten first place, but I am really happy with just second. Even though it was late, I’m glad viewers got to see the drama.”

You are known for being a strong in historic roles. Productions you’ve participated in like “Ja Myung Go,” and “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” have all received good reviews. What are two things that you focused on in this drama?

“Since my character is a historical figure, I was really careful in the way that I portrayed her. I was even more careful not to break character. I liked the character because she is lovely and bright, but I thought that if she showed indecisiveness in the love triangle, it would be a fatal blow to her. I wanted to portray this as a sincere love story, and if my acting was off and it seemed like like I was falling for one more than the other, it could cause confusion for the viewers. I set a line from the beginning and stuck to it. I did not want to break the historical basis of the character.”

But there is no actual historic record of Shin Chae Kyung.

“That actually made things easier. I experienced the process of reading only the character description and going off of that. I also read unofficial histories, but that of course is nothing more than an unofficial history. It was in ‘faction’ (a combination of fact and fiction) that I was truly able to let my imagination run wild. I wanted to make my character very loving. There had to be some sort of charm to have been receiving the love of two people. I focused on that aspect. She ended up being quite a good character. The writers did a great job.”

Do you have know-how for historical acting?

“There is no difference between acting for modern dramas and historical dramas. However, historical dramas do require more temperance. In modern dramas there are a lot of full shots and so you are able to have more freedom of expression. You can use more gestures and flowery language that you are accustomed to. But in historical dramas you have to be faithful to the script. Facial expressions, muscles, and eye movements must all match the script so there has to be more details in the acting. The shots are extremely tight and you must do your movements one by one. There are a lot of actors who find this aspect of historical dramas appealing.

“I think historical dramas have an aesthetic of restraint, but there isn’t a ‘know-how’ to it. I think you just have to use the standard tactics of acting. I am the type to try and act by the book. If your pronunciation is all over the place, then you are not able to deliver lines of a historic drama. There are a lot of words that are not used in daily life, and since there is a tone and line style that viewers are used to hearing, no one will be able to tell what you are saying if you do not do it properly. People would say, ‘Why are you using present-day speech?’

“However, since I’ve been doing historic drams for so long, it does seem like it has become more natural and comfortable for me than it was a few years ago. Up until recently, there was a historic style for word endings, but having done this drama, it seems that modern words are getting mixed in. I also followed this trend.”

What will you do on your break from acting?

“I am a homebody. There was a survey for which celebrities seemed most like homebodies and I got 4th place. I was really upset about this! Just 4th place! I love being at home and I like to decorate it prettily because that is where I spend most of my time. These days I am running a cafe called ‘Cafe de Min Young’ out of my kitchen (laughs.) I invite my friends and make them food and bring them tea. I even receive reservations.

“I get asked a lot what I do all day at home but I’m actually very busy. I am raising a puppy and even though he is just 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds,) he is full of energy. I have to throw the ball 120 times in the morning to satiate him and that takes a full hour. I do this and that, and if I have customers at my house, that takes up a lot of time. I like to watch movies at my house to rest. Every once in a while I look at the synopsis for casting offers as well. I don’t see a dermatologist so I do my own skin care. I do mask packs a lot and also exfoliate. I take cooking classes and Chinese lessons. Time really flies! On days that I want to rest, I don’t invite anyone over and just chill. Since I was young, I could never understand people who went to study in cafes. I’m the type that has to be at home to study.”

What are your goals and dreams as an actress?

“I want to have the role of a lifetime. At first, I never intended to do acting for this long, but my dreams have changed. When I was lucky enough to debut, I had no idea that I would like acting for so long. I’m not sure when I became so engrossed in it. There were times I think I might start a second life if I were to get married and have kids or if I find a different dream. But the more I act and the deeper I know about it, I only want to know more and act more. It just keeps becoming more fun. Every other thing has ended up being just a hobby, but I want my life’s work to be acting.

“Acting is always stressful. When I analyse a part, it is very sensitive and takes a lot of effort. When I receive a screenplay, I always continue my rehearsals by myself. But that stress suddenly becomes enjoyable. It seems you have to be working at something to be truly alive.”

Watch “Queen for 7 Days” now!

Nice info......   Now  wonder that YWJ always checks on him, he must be very worried, of the stress that PMY is getting: ratings, performance and the heat!!.... 

• Like 3