Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

‘Dark Priests’ Kang Dong Won, “For the film, I studied the history of Catholic”
bnt news – 4 minutes 41 seconds ago

Posted Image

[by Lee Lin, translated by Woorim Ahn]

Kang Dong Won revealed that he put his efforts on depicting his character in movie ‘Dark Priests’.

On November 2, bntnews met Kang Dong Won from ‘Dark Priests’ at a café in Samcheong-dong, Seoul and talked about his recent film.

On the day, he answered, “Since I don’t have any religion, I never felt to study about religions although I had curiosity about it when I was young. But for the film, I studied the history of Catholic” to the question asking what he did to express his character Choi Bu Je.

He continued, “There was no requirement, but as I went through the history followed by my personal curiosity, I was on the whole Europe history. Since it was too broad, I had to skim through” and revealed his regret about it.

He added, “Then, I began to study foreign language and met a priest that my mother introduced me for five days. There was an idea ‘Let’s visit a monastic order and stay there for a few days’, but it couldn’t be in actions” and flashed back the old days.

Kang Dong Won played the role of seminary student Choi Bu Je who got a mission to help Kim Shin Boo (Kim Yoon Suk), but couldn’t stop being suspicious about the religion. ‘Dark Priests’ is about two priests to fight against a mysterious incident to save a girl who is in danger.

Meanwhile, ‘Dark Priests’ will premiere on November 5. (photo by bntnews DB)

For more bntnews.co.uk
source

------------------------

[bnt photo] Kang Dong-won ‘Too Handsome To Be True’

Posted Image

[by Yoonjung Yi, photo by Hwang Ji Eun] On November 2, VIP preview for movie ‘Dark Priests’ was held at Wangshimni CGV in Seoul.

Celebrities including Kang Dong-won, Park So-dam, Kim Yoon-seok, After School’s Lizzy, Bae Jung-nam, ZE:A’s Yim Si-wan, Kang Seung-hyun, Ha Yeon-joo, Son Eun-seo, Lee Young-yoo, Lim Ji-yeon, Kim Jin-ho, Kara’s Gu Hara, Kim Hee-jung, Lee Chung-ah, Lee Ji-ah, Lee Sung-min, and Park Doo-sik attended the event on this day.

‘Dark Priests’ follows a mysterious story of two priests, who tries to save a girl in danger. The main characters in the film are played by Kang Dong-won, Kim Yoon-seok, and Park So-dam. (photo by bntnews DB)

source

• Like 1

6MfiSJP.jpg

DMGPCMq.jpg

cDuOZIC.jpg

NP9fTpK.jpg

k6Lxu55.jpg

F50frg2.jpg

RL3CfQX.jpg

DylAtkB.jpg

2FdguHQ.jpg

sXMUkVO.jpg

GghbIT2.jpg

cr kdw DC.

KDW said in the interview that he is growing his hair and losing his weight for the next movie "Hidden Time".   As you know The Priests is going to be premiered tomorrow.  Good luck and Fighting  KDW!!!   

Edited by ajaaja8
  • Like 2

Kang Dong-won to appear on ‘Newsroom’

Updated : November 04 2015

Actor Kang Dong-won, whose latest movie “The Priests” is will be released on Nov. 5, is scheduled to appear on JTBC’s newscast “Newsroom” on Wednesday at 8 p.m.

KvBiKe7.jpg

This will be his first time to appear on a talk show since 2004. The actor, who has a strong fan base here with his devilish good looks and superb acting, rarely makes public appearances.

During the live show hosted by high-profile anchor Sohn Suk-hee, Kang will share behind-the-scenes stories of his new movie and talk about his coworkers.

“The Priests” is a story of two priests trying to save a girl in trouble.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

source

^

^

here is the link for watching the interview 'Newsroom' at 8 pm (KST)

http://jtbc.joins.com/onair/onair.aspx?cloc=jtbc|header|guide

kdw on 'Newsroom'

short clip

E4ZsRXI.png
5NKLD0I.png
SI4UHVa.png

hD2p56l.png
zwCARDL.png
mbdmN4c.png
IL1uFDa.png
FRIiY5N.png
k2mFMOf.png
5SaDKpu.png
96xLpkE.png
rQlRlAL.png
Twn6AHR.png
kZ29XnT.png
jtIJdSW.png

He surprised fans by reading a weather forecast... lol

Clip: http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11082293

4GtJS2R.png

MfHQPsy.png

5CuWjiA.png

aBJgicE.png

5CUYM3q.png

Zvqsius.png

gksPG3c.png

hNmKUAm.jpg

credit dcdongwon

---------------------------

kdw became No.1 serach on Daum and No.3 on Naver.

PEUoTuH.png

JHYR5q4.jpg

gif

:wub:
JspJxtT.gif
53fVySb.gif
FRhw9sU.gif
opWysAu.gif

dcdongwon

강동원 뉴스룸, Kang Dong-won gives weather forecast

Lee Heewook

Edited by oceanluv
  • Like 1

151104 JTBC뉴스룸 강동원편집 HDQAM.1080i cr.초초펭귄

THE QOO

------------------------

Kang Dong Won's 'Newsroom' appearance

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 Kang Dong Won .

tv Report - Naver: 'The Priests' advance ticket sales increase to 42.7%, Kang Dong Won's Newsroom effect

1. [+1,287, -42] God Dong Won is really handsome.

2. [+1,122, -43] I don't normally say this to just any men out there but Kang Dong Won is legit handsome

3. [+988, -29] How would it feel to see him in real life?

4. [+757, -42] That's possible because he's Kang Dong Won...Isn't a movie with 10 million admissions a huge achievement?? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+243, -13] Kang Dong Won's amazing.. He doesn't do any CFs nor he's a regular in dramas but his movies have ripple effects. Not only is he good-looking but his personality is likeable. I'll be watching the movie this weekend

6. [+168, -2] Can't really compare him to Lee Minho...

Mydaily - Naver: 'Newsroom', Actor Kang Dong Won, Looks aren't everything

1. [+4,438, -61] Sorry oppa. I don't remember what you talked about because I was busy looking at your face

2. [+3,849, -38] Ah... He's so damn handsome....

3. [+2,412, -25] Both his face and mind are beautiful

4. [+560, -8] His Newsroom appearance is no different than a photoshoot ㅋㅋ People who watched the live broadcast can attest to why he's the most treasured man in our country.. His skin is flawless, he's handsome and his features stand out more because of his small face.

5. [+444, -10] I love his voice and his satoori is charming... And his face too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+165, -4] Kang Dong Won's 'Newsroom' appearance was truly heaven sent. He speaks in a calm manner and his weather report was daebak cute ㅋㅋ

7. [+144, -8] Newsroom should get Kang Dong Won do the weather reporting

8. [+135, -5] He's unreal. Another CG I guess

9. [+136, -5] Now I know why women go crazy for him

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/11/kang-dong-wons-newsroom-appearance.html

• Like 1

Kang Dong-won charms the evening news viewers

Updated : November 05 2015

Actor Kang Dong-won appeared on evening news program “JTBC Newsroom” on Wednesday and talked about his acting career and the new film “The Priests” -- and also delivered weather report in the end, in a surprise for viewers.

It was Kang’s first appearance on TV after 11 years, who has only starred in the films in the past.

HeX4Amp.jpg

Kang Dong-won (JTBC)

The program’s anchor Son Suk-hee asked Kang whether his good looks had prevented people from adequately judging his acting ability.

“I never thought of it that way, but I get that question asked a lot during interviews,” he said. “But I think breaking (that perception) is my ability and going against that is also something I have to do,” he said.

Son also asked whether Kang prefers to star in commercial films or indie and artistic films. “Because I am not using my money to make commercial films, my goal is to not disappoint those who trusted me and decided to create the film, when I am starring in a commercial flick. Further, I want to make a film that audiences like. Which means I can also appear on artistic films.”

“The Priests,” directed by Jang Jae-hyun, is a story of two priests who are on a mission to save a girl from danger. Actor Kim Yun-seok joins as another priest in the drama. The film opens in theaters on Thursday.

Before the end of “Newsroom,” Kang also delivered a weather report for Thursday. It was later reported that anchor Son asked him to deliver the news on the spot.

“Tomorrow, it will be cloudy throughout the country and in South Jeolla Province and Jejudo Island, it might rain from early morning,” Kang said looking nervous. He grabbed his hair after delivering the report looking embarrassed.

“JTBC News Room” airs every day at 8 p.m. on cable network JTBC.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201511051750015406465_2

• Like 1

The Priests the ticket sales on 6 November (the 2nd day) gets 268,112 admissions, still No.1 at box office :)

total 466,788 admissions

wMgMm4M.jpg
credit KOBIS

------------------------------

Kang Dong-won’s ‘The Priests’ releases to heated response

Updated : November 06 2015

fORMhiG.jpg

(CJ Entertainment)

Kim Yoon-suk and Kang Dong-won’s exorcism movie “The Priests” opened with an enthusistic response with ticket sales of 189,987 on Thursday, recording the most profit for the day.

Actors Joo Won and Yoo Hae-jin’s “Fatal Intuition,” released 8 days earlier, gathered 21,722 and fell behind to second place.

“The Priests” has so far logged a cumulative number of 197,571 moviegoers, while rival “Fatal Intuition” has 809,645.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201511061512511619451_2

• Like 2

GOOD NEWS!!!!

The Priests reachs 1 million ticket sales in 3 days! very fast!!!

because today it gets 537,112 admissions. :w00t:

GFT877k.png
credit KOFIC

congrats!
EQLuBZ9.jpg
https://web.facebook..._bubble&fref=nf

:D:D:D

1oLPJA0.jpg
dc

news

http://entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=396&aid=0000355362

http://www.viva100.com/main/view.php?key=20151107010001584

http://www.newdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=283623

Edited by oceanluv
  • Like 1

South Korea Box Office: Local Film 'The Priests' Debuts on Top, 'Bridge of Spies' Takes Fourth Place

Posted Image
'The Priests'  Courtesy CJ Entertainment

by Lee Hyo-won 11/8/2015 9:24pm PST

The exorcism thriller recorded the biggest opening of November.
Local thriller The Priests recorded the biggest debut score of November in South Korea over the weekend of Nov. 6-9, leaving top-ranking Hollywood titles to share miniscule portions of the remaining box-office share.

The Priests dominated 61.9 percent of the market share during this time frame according to the Korean Film Council's KOBIS database, earning a gross total of about $11.3 million (13 billion won). The CJ Entertainment title stars A-list actors Kim Yun-seok and Kang Dong-won as a priest and deacon, respectively, teaming up for an exorcism.

The mystery drama was also released for ScreenX theaters. ScreenX is an immersive, three-screen cinema technology developed by CJ that is available at the entertainment giant's CGV cinemas dotting the country. It is the first time that a mainstream has been released in this format from the beginning.

The Martian came next in second. Though it climbed up one spot from the week before, its revenue share fell considerably from 20.1 percent to 6.8 percent. The 20th Century Fox Korea film has nevertheless earned a total $33.5 million here.

Trailing close behind with 6.3 percent of the revenue in No. 3 was Fatal Intuition, a new homespun film distributed by CGV Arthouse. Starring popular stars Joo Won and Yoo Hae-jin, the thriller is about a young man's struggles to discover the truth about his sister's death. The film's cumulative gross comes down to $6.5 million.

A second Fox title, Bridge of Spies, finished at fourth place during its first weekend. The Tom Hanks film reaped 4.5 percent of the revenue to earn a total $1.1 million during its debut weekend.

Burnt, the culinary film starring Bradley Cooper, debuted at No. 5. Handled by Noori Pictures, the Hollywood flick brought in 4.5 percent of total box-office earnings for a cumulative gross of $900,000.

http://www.hollywood...ce-local-838268

----------------------

'Black Priests' surpasses one million viewers
By Lee Mi-Ji | STAR N News – 6 hours ago

Posted Image

Movie 'Black Priests' has surpassed one million viewers.

According to the latest data from Korea film council, movie 'Black Priests' debuted #1 on box office chart, attracting 1,053,187 viewers.

After hearing the news, Kim Yoon Seok, Kang Dong Won, Park So Dam, and director Kim Yoon Seok revealed a photo that they took with audiences during a promotional event.

Earlier in the year, 'VETERAN (final score of 13,411,343),' 'Assassination (final score of 12,701,857),' and 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (final score of 6,126,488)' had surpassed one million views in three days, the huge popularity of 'Black Priests' is becoming a hot issue among many fans and netizens.

While 'VETERAN,' 'Assassination,' and 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' were all released during summer holiday season, 'Black Priests' was released during off-season, but it still surpassed one million viewers in three days.

This pace is also same with 'Interstellar (final score of 10,275,484),' which was released in November 2014, and much faster than the pace of 'Friends 2 (surpassed one million views in four days).' Now, many people are focusing their attention to the final score that 'Black Priests' will achieve.

'Black Priests' also surpassed one million views at a faster pace than 'Ode To My Father (final score of 14,257,115),' 'Gwang Hae (final score of 12,319,542),' and 'Haeundae (final score of 11,453,338).'

Meanwhile, 'Black Priests' is now being played at every movie theaters all across Korea.

https://sg.entertain...-054517676.html

------------------------

Actor Kang-Dong-Won’s Second Story revealed
2015-11-06 10:53:00

Posted Image
Actor Kang-Dong-Won’s National treasure visual caught many lady fan’s eyes.

On 5th, Star Style Magazine’s “High Cut” Instagram, Kang-Dong-Wons shot video and post saying “It was too hard for me to put his amazing face in one shot of shutter.”

Kang-Dong-Won is hot issue right now because he appeared in JTBC “News Room” and had an interview with Anchor “Son-Suk-Hee” publicizing his new movie “The Priests”

Also Its been eleven years since he appeared in television, but he wanted to do it live because he thought if he doesn’t do it live, the anchor had to change his schedule. Meanwhile, his moive “The Priests” is already showing in the theater and Kang-Dong-Won is playing “Seminary student who helps “Priest Kim(Kim yoon Suk).

(Hong si wan, Seoul, Photo credit = High cut Instagram)

http://kpopzone.net/...=887&board_no=2

-----------------------    
Netizens lament the importance of good outfit styling
 Posted on November 9, 2015    

Posted Image Image:  Instiz    

A recent post on Instiz has reminded the K-pop community of the importance of good outfit styling through its comparison of looks between Kang Dong Won and SHINee’s Taemin.    

In the two sets of images, the two celebrities can be seen wearing the same frilled peach top. While Kang Dong Won sports it under a beige jacket coat and navy blue pants, Taemin tucks it under a violet sweater with a ruffled hairstyle to match.    

The original poster wrote, “it was supposed to look like a prince concept
but somehow he turned into a pink salmonㅋㅋㅋㅋ
sorry Kang Dongwon, let’s go back to your prince days.”    

The pink shirt inside is the same ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
With just a slight difference in styling you can turn the guy into a grandma or a prince out of Snow White. Although Kang Dong Won makes it all alright with his face…    

Posted Image    
Posted Image    

What’s even more surprising is that it’s a Gucci collection ㅋㅋㅋ    
NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.        

• Dongwon oppa you’re still amazing…
  • True fashion is completed with a handsome face…
  • He looks like a post lady
  • His face saves the day though..
  • How can he still be so good looking in that style…

Source: Instiz    
http://www.koreaboo....yling/#netizens

[In-depth] Kang Dong-won's efforts won't betray him

2015/11/09

nOp06Ci.jpg

It's Kang Dong-won indeed.

The movie "The Priests" succeeded in breaking through 1.79 million audiences in just 5 days of its release. According to the Korean Film Council, "The Priests" has a an accumulated number of 1,792,429. It's 1st in the Box Office without competition and in the middle of it all are Kim Yoon-seok and the mysterious Kang Dong-won.

Putting a cope on Kang Dong-won is already enough to be praised as a perfect commercial movie. When he decided to star in "The Priests" and while Kim Yoon-seok was already in the making, Kim said, "Kang Dong-won is trying on different copes" and female fans couldn't wait for the movie to be out. After a long wait, the result wasn't disappointing at all. There is no betrayal in Kang Dong-won's efforts on top of the cope.

The reason his good looks receive attention is because he is such a good actor as it is. It's easy for an audience to scowl at something they don't like. However, as sensitive as they are the actor of 13 years has put in so much effort into the movie that they can't deny him.

For this movie, Kang Dong-won studied Christian history. He spent 5 days with a priest and heard everything he could about status and identity. He is the kind to dig one kind of hole and it's just what an actor needs. The rookie producer, Kang Dong-won and Kim Yoon-seok aimed only for "The Priests" and they are now being rewarded for their efforts.

Kang Dong-won had an interview recently and he described every single process of the making of "The Priests". There was neither lie nor exaggeration. He spoke only of what he saw and felt to a point where he looked holy even without the cope. He had a wide knowledge of the unfamiliar topics of religion and ceremonies.

1uolHAi.jpg

Kang Dong-won said, "I'm sure the producer did more research than me, but as the actor I felt that I had to become familiar with these subjects, so I began studying. I think an actor should be able to convince the audience or serial events and that brings out a more natural act".

One thing that many are curious about is the exorcism. To the question, 'To what extent is exorcism a reality?', Kang Dong-won answered, "I get that question a lot. To tell you the result, the Vatican approved of 300 exorcisms held in over 70 countries last year. So it's true. Looking at the worldwide trend, America is most interested in it and some people even go to Rome to be educated. I don't know if they would approve of Korea though (laughs)".

"Some say that the exorcism in our movie is too similar to those in foreign movies. The subject limits us. However, we did think about that and so we tried to express it differently. The formality might be similar but "The Priests" simplified it the most. Thankfully, no one has really said our movie was difficult to understand".

"I spent 5 days with a priest. I wanted to stay longer but that would have been an interference to him. For the 5 days we spent all night talking and went to bed, then got up again and talked some more. Those images of priests I saw through media looked quite set-up, but as I spoke to him, I felt more and more purified. It was as if I was talking to an ascetic. I learned a lot in various ways. I tried to bring in that image of the priest to the movie as much as I could".

J7lpJb2.jpg

His efforts stood out indeed. In the movie, Kang Dong-won manages to speak Korean, Latin, Italian, German and Chinese. The scene where he appears from the mist singing the gospel in his sexy voice, can be highlighted as the most heart-stopping scene ever. Many said they almost became Catholics because of him.

Kang Dong-won said, "Apparently priests learn 7 languages at the seminary. Language is mastered during the early stages which is the most difficult stage of all. I never thought the priest would be a bookworm. I thought he only had deep faith for God. However, you can't do this without studying hard. You won't even get in the seminary. It takes 10 years to complete a course. It takes longer than medical school so I don't dare try it".

"You need a tremendous amount of sacrifice. I wondered if it was even possible for a human to do this. Something really got to me once and I was very curious about the reason people go to priests to confess. They can't always talk about the good things. There are worries and concerns and maybe even secrets. However, the priests can never leak this information to anyone. Even to the police and even to those who threaten them with their lives. I asked the priest how he does it and he said, 'I'm just someone who lends an ear'". Everything was clear after that".

hDR62ZB.jpg

Kang Dong-won succeeded in making the pig come onto his side. Don Don's scene ended with him crying in Kang Dong-won's arms. It had just been a couple of months old when they first met, but in the end it had gotten twice as big. "He was heavy, smelly and disobedient". However, the pig liked Kang Dong-won the most.

Kang Dong-won said, "The pig really didn't listen to anything. He did everything the opposite to what I asked him. He would give in every now and then but only if we attracted him with snacks. He is a haughty pig. The pig I held onto was only a replica model of the real pig. One of the staff would control it with a remote outside of the camera but we turned it off for most of the time. I would move the model pig's neck by force and yell at it to 'keep still'. I put on a one-man-show".

The result of his efforts comes from the reactions of people who have watched the movie. I wish it succeeds in Korea. I can't help it but expect there to be a lot of audiences as it is a commercial movie. I also wonder what Europe would think about this movie".

"The Priests" is the story of two priests who struggle against mysterious events to save a girl in danger.

jFJWWeH.jpg

Source : http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201511100343031110

http://www.hancinema.net/in-depth-kang-dong-won-s-efforts-won-t-betray-him-88363.html

• Like 1