Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Having now watched the film, I am having some big worries. I hope the Korean writer can add some actual plot and characterization to this, because seeing a bunch of empty characters brooding around and carrying a grand total of 2 expressions all the time is not my idea of fun. It was way too in-your-face with its point and ended up feeling pointless and shallow.

It was like an MV. A nice MV with pretty visuals, nice design and some dark themes with interesting dream sequences, but I want a movie. Not an MV. I kind of like knowing what is happening, what the characters want, think and feel...

Guest retsuno

Happy to hear the news, i hope we will get confirmation about this movie soon.
KDW is so lucky to get chance work with some famous movie directors.
Maybe after this, he can work with director like Bong Joon Hoo or Park Chan Wook.

IMG_00021_zps6dc466e0.jpg

Credit KDW Gallery DC

I understand japanese a little so just want to translate some part in his interview above :
"Besides Tokyo, I also like NY and Paris. Sometimes I also go to Okinawa.
In the past, I always went to the same places, but these days I want to go to a new place.
Hawaii? I haven't been there.
But because I heard it is really a good place, if I have girlfriend, I want to go there with her"

class="post-title" style="font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 28px; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"Kang Dong Won Gets Grungy In Latest Photoshootkangdongwon2_zpsdee298ce.jpg

Kang Dong Won‘s most recent photoshoot leaves fans on the edge of their seats, wanting more. Since the last time he was active, fans all agreed that the actor/model has matured quite a bit. Shedding his once puppy-like image (especially in the movie Temptation of Wolves. See: umbrella scene), Kang Dong Won has grown into a soft-grungy rocker for this photoshoot.

Fans were in awe at his fit appearance, and complimented his long legs. Some even confessed theirlove to the actor when seeing these pictures below:

kangdongwon3_zps0ef23d98.jpg

kangdongwon_zpsaf95666c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

June 16, 2013

Korean Stars with the Greatest Pulling Power

"Korean Stars' Pulling Power" annual survey conducted by MaxMovie and The Daily Focus on 21,456 target audiences.

Korea's free comprehensive daily newspaper, The Daily Focus, have incorporated with Korea's biggest movie ticket booking site, MaxMovie, to conduct a survey on "Which actor guarantees your ticket purchase?"

The survey was carried out from May 14th to June 4th through questionnaire by email to those who have purchased movie tickets during that period. There are 21,456 respondents to the questionnaire. Here are the results.

Korean Stars with the Greatest Pulling Power (Top 10) 2013

Question: "If the actor is starring in the movie, I want to see it at the theater" / "Which actor guarantees your ticket purchase?"

1. Ryoo Seung-ryong 11.2% (2,406)
2. Ha Jung-woo 10.9% (2,333)
3. Hwang Jung-min 9% (1,928)
4. Kang Dong-won 7.3% (1,571)
5. Won Bin 6.9% (1,482) 
6. Sol Kyung-gu 5.7% (1,215)
7. Song Kang-ho 4.7% (1,004)
8. Kim Yoon-seok 4.4% (948)
9. Lee Byung-hun 3.9% (842)
10. Choi Min-sik 2.8% (608)
Edited
Handsome actors Kang Dong-won and Won Bin ranked in upper positions of 4th and 5th respectively, despite no recent work from both actors.

It shows that many of the audiences are waiting for their next work after Kang Dong-won's 'Haunters' (2010) and Won Bin's 'The Man From Nowhere' (2010).

Kang Dong-won ranked outside of the top 10 last year, but was fourth this year. Compare to last year, Won Bin is climbing up the table as the percentage has increased by 1.8% from last year's 5.1% .

credit
brief translation by Rita@Wonbin-English

Source: http://www.fnn.co.kr

i miss wonnie so much i hope there are some updates on his movie band of thieves they started shooting right? just got finish watching too beautiful to lie  wonnie is so cute there... i really like this part
id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Too Beautiful To Lie: Kang Dong Won sings Aubrey

^yeah, they have started filming for 2 months... :)

Poll : 
celebrities whom I would like to spend my summer vacation with!

A career portal site conducted a survey, “celebrities whom I would like to spend my summer vacation with,” among 686 office workers.

Female office workers who are regular employees or assistants chose Kim Soo Hyun (17.3%), Lee Seung Gi (15%), Won Bin (12.9%), No Hong Chul (11.4%), Song Joong Ki (10.7%), Kang Dong Won (8.4%), Sam Hamilton (8.1%), Yoon Hoo (7%), and Psy (6.2%) as their most desired vacation partners.

Female office workers who work as section chiefs or higher positions preferred Lee Seung Gi (18.7%), Psy (18.3%), Won Bin (17.1%), Yoon Hoo (13.5%) and Jo Yong Pil (13.5%).

Male office workers who are regular employees or assistants chose Suzy (21%), Shin Min Ah (16.1%), IU (15.7%), Kang Ye Bin (14.8%), Son Yeon Jae (9.6%), and Hyun Ah (9%).

Male office workers who work as section chiefs or higher positions chose Kang Ye Bin (18.4), Suzy (17.5%), Shin Min Ah (14.3%), Kim Hye Soo (13%), Jeon In Hwa (10.8%).

source: sbscnbc via nate
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com

credit

jjsweeter0211 said:

Kang Dong Won Surprises Everyone With Genius IQ

halves in unison May 16, 2013Kang Dong Won is known for his pretty face and tall frame and now he’s also attracting much attention for his high IQ.

On May 15, SBS’s “Midnight TV Entertainment” aired a segment where a reporter went to various schools of celebrities and looked through their files.

What caught the attention of the program viewers is his high IQ of 137 as well as outstanding grades. The file also included Kang Dong Won’s picture during grade school, which proved his handsome looks weren’t man-made.

The segment also revealed Yoon Do Hyun’s school grades and childhood photo to his embarrassment. He’s one of the emcees for “Midnight TV Entertainment.”

http://www.soompi.com/2013/05/16/kang-dong-won-surprises-everyone-with-genius-iq/

Guest retsuno

I wonder if he came to Cold Eyes VIP Premier or not...?
Even though I see his name on the list of guests, but I don't see his pics at all.
And what makes me think he came is because in news article there is comment from KDW for the movie.
영화 상영 배우 강동원은 “시종일관 스릴 있고 긴장감 넘쳤다. 배우분들 연기도 너무 멋있었다. 올 여름 최고의 영화가 될 것 같다”

Well, no surprise since he likes to hide.
But I want to see him soon... :(

Oh my! Kdw also watched the vip premiere! @retsuno i think he did watch. he just know how to avoid the media. i wonder what he said (as i couldn't understand korean and google translate is hopeless).

Guest AnJilaah

Looks like he did went to the premier. Aside from the comment he made for the movie, articles are confirming his attendance. Though Im confuse since they are saying he was in the red carpet but we don't see any pictures of him at all.(I doubt he did but he is such a good ninja lol) http://news.nate.com/view/20130626n29090
Im glad to hear about his whereabouts, I hope we can at least see the video for the VIP premier so we can see him. Judging by his message, looks like he enjoyed the film. Cold Eyes looks like an interesting film. :)

Guest retsuno

I think this is new adidas pic with his recent hairstyle, found it at KDW DC

image_zps1e4f099a.jpg

@ulap yes, now i'm sure he did came, but too bad he is smart enough to hide from all those reporters.

He really doesn't know what to do with himself when it's time to make a speech.
He's torturing his arms behind his back, trying to figure out what to say and do.

Ahahaha. He's quite hilariously awkward. No wonder he doesn't like publicity much.

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ko Soo, Kang Don won’s Haunters (2010) to be re-made in Japanhttp://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/ko-soo-kang-don-won-s-haunters-2010-101020518.html

[by Joy Kim] South Korea’s two top actors Kang Dong won and Ko Soo’s epic super hero movie Haunters (2010) will be re-made in Japan. 
The movie will be directed by famous director Nakada Hideo from the horror movies series Ringu (1998), Dark Water (2002), L : Change the World (2008).
For the main characters, Japanese actor Fujiwara Tatsuya will play ‘Cho in’ played by Kang Dong won. Cho in has supernatural power to control people’s minds when they are within his field of sight, except one man. Fujiwara is well known for the movie series Death Note and Battle Royal, and popular TV drama Ai Nante Irane Yo, Natsu (2002). 
For the character of Gyu nam who is the only one who cannot be affected by Cho in’s power, will be played by Yamada Takayuki. The character was originally played by Ko Soo. Yamada Takayuki is famous for his films including Densha Otoko (2005) and TV series Byakuyako (2006). 
The re-make version of Haunters (2010) is named ‘MONSTER’ and start to shoot from July. The new film will be released in 2014. For the movie, top stars and staffs were recruited. The main producer of the movie Sato Takahiro left comments that he decided to re-make the movie because the original movie was so interesting. 
The original movie Haunters (2010) is a movie about two men with super power, one with a power to control people’s mind within his sight except one. After the movie was released in 2010, the movie was highly credited by the critics and scored over 2 million audiences. Also it was invited from 19 international film festivals through Europe and United States. (photo by bntnews DB) 

For more: bntnews.co.ukcontact: news@bntnews.co.uk
hfop.jpg

Oh good heaven's no... Fujiwara!? What kind of connections does that guy have, honestly?
He is a terrible actor and he somehow keeps getting main roles in good works. Goodness...

Also, this whole remake craze is just beyond me. Why remake something so recent and good?
Because some people don't like reading subtitles? Why not spend precious money and time on new things?