K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

we all know that this ppl would say that they are legit becoz hey this is business..and also bootleg copies is actually legal in china so i guess they can careless abt the quality..

like what ppl would say--buy at ur own risk--don't be complaining if the english subs are terrible or if ur dvd malfunctions..

n FYI i bought one of this copies--my computer dvd player doesn't even play them--terrible terrible terrible..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ it's unfortunate that people still buy them, though... if you check the buy/sell/trade forum here on soompi, a ton of people were scammed... they sent payment for these supposed dvd's (chinese versions--bootlegs, i assume), and a majority of the buyers never received what they paid for.

even on eBay... it's rare to find an officially licensed set. and when they're up for bidding, the prices can go pretty high as well.

those bootlegs are all over eBay too. while i believe most people know they are not official copies, others who also buy them think they are getting the real deal... often times, the description will state that it's not a burned or illegal copy, including the picture. :(

i got the china release of full house and the subs were good, but the disc suck... like they jump/skip and freeze... not worth it... <_<

hello mr god/how are you god unofficial set and the video quality was okay but the subs SUCKED... but it satisfied some of my curiousity... :mellow: im still waiting for the official kbs release

the three sets that were great even for chinese release was im sorry i love you , lover in paris and lover in paris ... :blush: i paid about 20 bucks for each... good quality and great subs... at the time i couldnt afford the yesasia prices for the 3 sets... :tears:

they cant beat the bitwin/KBS releases though... theyre more expensive but i like the box designs and that its official release and theyre quality is GREAT...

^the only reasons that the dramas that u mentioned above had good english subs--was because they were copied..they copied the korean versions with eng subs on them..

n if u ntoiced the ones that didn't have good english subs (becayse a.)a korean version didn't include english subs or b.)they just ended the drama in korea n haven't had the korean release..)--so therefore the subs sucked so bad..

yeah tiramisu--it's very unfortunate..i know a lot of ppl are not aware of what they r buying n they actually think it's legit...n if they bought MNIKSS--they basically supporting those money hungry freaks stealing fansubs n making money at the same time...

like what we said before--if a kdrama is being sold for 20-30 bucks--ppl should know that this is not even close to the real deal..i wishhhhh...i understand that ppl can't afford this dramas-but some of the sellers especially in soompi should be aware of what they r selling..especially when they say it's the one just like in YA(when we perfectly know it'a china version--because a.)orginal (korean)version do not include CHINESE SUBS...b.)why would a korean version have chinese writing c)the quality of the dvds n the case..)

^the only reasons that the dramas that u mentioned above had good english subs--was because they were copied..they copied the korean versions with eng subs on them..

n if u ntoiced the ones that didn't have good english subs (becayse a.)a korean version didn't include english subs or b.)they just ended the drama in korea n haven't had the korean release..)--so therefore the subs sucked so bad..

yeah tiramisu--it's very unfortunate..i know a lot of ppl are not aware of what they r buying n they actually think it's legit...n if they bought MNIKSS--they basically supporting those money hungry freaks stealing fansubs n making money at the same time...

like what we said before--if a kdrama is being sold for 20-30 bucks--ppl should know that this is not even close to the real deal..i wishhhhh...i understand that ppl can't afford this dramas-but some of the sellers especially in soompi should be aware of what they r selling..especially when they say it's the one just like in YA(when we perfectly know it'a china version--because a.)orginal (korean)version do not include CHINESE SUBS...b.)why would a korean version have chinese writing c)the quality of the dvds n the case..)

i know they were copied, theyre chinese bootlegs. i know its not the real deal, but for series like im sorry i love you, lover in paris and lover story in harvard (i love the series but) i cant afford the $90-$100 price tag compared to me getting it for $25. im not endorsing it. i have a lotta other dramas that are official release (which probably has the value and had cost me about $500-$600 USD) and i love the dvd case/box and design of the discs, but i cant always buy the official dvd. i know that for some the english subs are bad when they dont have the korean release out, but for $20 bucks im not so hurt over it. :vicx: also, i would rather buy the bootlegs than the fan subs they sell on the internet.

^i can also understand that many of us cannot afford the $70+ price tag of these official sets. but still, i have my reasons for not buying or supporting the bootlegs, no matter how desperate i am to watch a drama~ often, i'll wait and save up money or try to find used copies for $50 or less.

besides taking money away from the actors, producers, directors, writers, and others who work on creating the dramas... at the same time, you must realize that some of these people who produce these cheap bootlegs STEAL FANSUBS off d-addicts, which are hours of hard work by dedicated teams of volunteers. therefore, buying these not only allow those leachers to profit, but it also makes fansubbers (and fans who appreciate the hard work) feel cheated.

i can't remember specifically which dramas... but i remember someone posted in a thread awhile back that the subs on the bootlegs were EXACTLY the same as the ones on d-addicts, and even the credits to the translators/timers were displayed! it was so discouraging, some of the fansubbers contemplated on giving up entirely... and yet, they're still putting in the time and effort because of the many kdrama fans that support them.

i'm not saying all of the bootlegs have stolen subs... if they don't, they often have horrendous quality subs. i'd rather not have either.

Guest shred

i think Save the Last Dance is released today. anyone buying this set?

Anyway, new SBS drama coming on DVD.

Product Title : Marry Millionaire (English Subtitles)(SBS TV Series)

Region Code : 3 - South East Asia (including Hong Kong, S. Korea and Taiwan) (What is it?)

Picture Format : (What is it?)

Artist Name(s) : Kim Hyun Ju | Ko Su

Release Date : April 28, 2006 (Pre-order your copy now!)

Language : Korean

Subtitle : Korean , English

Package Weight : 900 g

Publisher : SBS Production

Other Information : 6 DVDs (16 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004189307

Guest k3n4uri

Save The Last Dance will be release on April 18. I preordered it for a friend. I also saw this while browsing at yesasia.com

p1004172824.jpg

Product Title : Sweet Spy (MBC TV Series)(US Version)

Region Code : Region 1

Picture Format : NTSC

Artist Name(s) : Nam Sang Mi | Lee Joo Hyun | Dennis O'Neil

Release Date : June 13, 2006

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 600 g

Publisher : YA Entertainment

Other Information : 7 DVDs (20 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004172824

Shipment Unit : 3

I love this series. June is just two months away!

• 1 month later...
Guest sushimi

i hope to find soon "Hello, God!".... but many korean dramas on yesasia are from Malaisia, Japan or others countries... someone knows if the translations are good in those versions???

Guest sushimi

i got the china release of full house and the subs were good, but the disc suck... like they jump/skip and freeze... not worth it... <_<

hello mr god/how are you god unofficial set and the video quality was okay but the subs SUCKED... but it satisfied some of my curiousity... :mellow: im still waiting for the official kbs release

the three sets that were great even for chinese release was im sorry i love you , lover in paris and lover in paris ... :blush: i paid about 20 bucks for each... good quality and great subs... at the time i couldnt afford the yesasia prices for the 3 sets... :tears:

they cant beat the bitwin/KBS releases though... theyre more expensive but i like the box designs and that its official release and theyre quality is GREAT...

for Hello, God! i couldn't wait and i bought one dvd set coz i really like the cover... for only 23 euros... the subtitles were bad but just need to watch the 4 first ep that i didn't burn... i hope it will be release with kbs subtitles too.... last time, i wanted to buy Green Rose, the real dvd set but i can't watch it coz it's not my region code.... :tears:

eh, where did you buy those 3 dvd sets of I'm sorry i love you/ lovers in paris is it version from malaisia, japan or others countries? real prices are very expensive too!

Guest shred

Good news everyone! I checked the YA Entertainment site and they've updated the list of upcoming releases. :)

Coming Soon:

"My Girl" ...... July 6 :D

"Palace/Goong" .... August 6

yessssssssssssss ... can't wait for Goong!

thanks for the update blitzy.

Guest Elusive

Good news everyone! I checked the YA Entertainment site and they've updated the list of upcoming releases. :)

Coming Soon:

"My Girl" ...... July 6 :D

"Palace/Goong" .... August 6

They mean 6 for 2006 right? I hope it's sooner rather than later, because I fly out of the country on the 14th of July and I want to bring the DVDs with me.

Hey guys~ there are some SBS dramas on sale at both dvdfromkorea.com and dvdheaven.com... i believe only pre-ordering at the moment.. check it out!

i might buy a few just because i have a feeling i won't be able to get some of these titles for this cheap ever.

Wowie...I think I better start saving up money!

Alone in Love [Limited Premium Package] with ENG SUBS

ail5vf.jpg

ail22cp.jpg

I'm very sure it's ENE Media + SBS Production...KBS Media had collaborated with ENE Media for the Rosy Life and Wedding DVD sets.

hmm...anyone not find it on Yesasia's global & US sites? The set is on preorder at dvdfromkorea

Bitwin is having a promo for Sorry I Love You...if you exclude the OSTs is it exactly like the Director's Cut?

avail at dvdheaven:

I Am Sorry But I Love You with ENG SUBS + OST 1 + OST 2

051867217656kp.jpg

A Love to Kill [Director's Cut] with ENG SUBS

h200606130050018ei.gif

al2k8ct.jpg

avail at dvdfromkorea, dvdheaven, Global Yesasia...aspect ration is likely Widescreen/HDTV since that's how the epis were aired

KBS HDTV Series Vol 2 with ENG SUBS

051867218318vt.jpg

hdtvvol25ja.jpg

Vol 1 is also back in stock....avail at dvdheaven

hmm... if Bitwin is doing "Sorry, I Love You", the subs are liable to be very good.

Can anyone predict how the subs will be for "Alone in Love"?

BTW if YesAsia isn't selling them, again, it may be a case of them planning to release a R1 version of their own?

Archived