Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

I AM A FAN TOO!!! :) he is an actor's actor!! i have never seen so much passion in a work in such a long time!! i have seen choi minsik, lee byung hun, sang kang ho ... and all those really credible actors ... and to my opinion .... jihwan can rightfully belong to this group!! i hope to see more dramas and possibly films with him!!!

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad to find his thread here :rolleyes: I started to be his fans after I watched 'BE STRONG, GUMSOON'. I really love the character he played...And after I watched '90 days fallling in love' I am so impressed by his performance. He and Kim Hae neul did so well in the drama, just don't know why the rate is so low in Korea. It's another very sad and touching drama after 'Sorry, I love You'. Hope we'll see more often of him in k-drama :blink:

hello everyone! i,too,am a fan of kang ji hwan after watching him in 90 days. he cries so naturally...i haven't seen be strong or fireworks yet but as soon as the subs for be strong are all out (or are they all released already?) i will be watching it. if fireworks a good drama? did it get better ratings than 90 days? is kjh the male lead here in fireworks? guess i better look for the fireworks thread and read all about it. i hope he will be in another drama soon where he doesn't die in the end.

Guest fieryheart

hello everyone! i,too,am a fan of kang ji hwan after watching him in 90 days. he cries so naturally...i haven't seen be strong or fireworks yet but as soon as the subs for be strong are all out (or are they all released already?) i will be watching it. if fireworks a good drama? did it get better ratings than 90 days? is kjh the male lead here in fireworks? guess i better look for the fireworks thread and read all about it. i hope he will be in another drama soon where he doesn't die in the end.

I don't know whether Fireworks had a better rating than 90 Days but you should try watching it.It's quite good eventhough there are some parts that you will possibly feel unsatisfied with.Kang Ji Hwan is the male lead alongside Han Chae Young.Park Eun Hye and Yoon Sang Hyun are side actors in the drama.

P.S. Kang Ji Hwan didn't die in this drama.

• 1 month later...
Guest lovegoodfood

a very very underrated actor, he deserve more recognition....sigh...... but i am sure he will be able to break through some day VERY SOON!!!!!

Guest puppyiz

2006 Movie : HOST & GUEST

Bang Mun Ja [ 방문자 ]

2006hostnguestei1.jpg

Brief storyline :

This is the story of a cool, dry and stoic film professor who finds himself caged in his bathroom.

After more than a day he is liberated by a young Christian missionary.

From this day on a difficult friendship starts between these lonely men, between a cynic and a believer. It ends in a parable for tolerance.

Website & Drama Preview : CLICK HERE

Running time : 92mins

Genre: Drama

Rating: 15+

Distribution & International Sales : CJ Entertainment

[ A CJ Entertainment release of an LJ Film production ]

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Shin Dong-il - Screenwriter, Producer, Director

21img03yf8.jpg

Lee Seung-jae - Executive Producer

M00n In-dae - Editor

Im Jae-cheol - Producer

Park Ju-han - Cinematographer

Jeong Hyo-yeong - Art

Principal Cast :

Kim Jae Rok as Ho Jun ( The Host )

21img02ah1.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan as Gye Sang ( The Guest )

21img01yg6.jpg

An article dated 2006-11-21

단관개봉 ‘방문자’, 전회매진 기록 > click here

Guest puppyiz

Host & Guest

Reviewed by Adam Hartzell

source : koreanfilm.org

Host & Guest begins with unwanted solicitation after unwanted solicitation. A mobile phone call turns out to be a sex line. A newspaper one has not subscribed to keeps showing up at the door. And at that same door, someone appears with "Good News" that for many isn't much good. Ho-jun (Kim Jae-rok, who until now has had small roles in films such as Christmas In August and A Hot Roof) is the owner of this door. Well, he may not be the owner, just the renter, because things aren't going well for Ho-jun. He's a divorced father with a little boy, he's out-of work as a film professor, and he's never made a film. He's also quite irascible, so it's compelling that he'd meet his opposite, the incredibly understanding Kye-sang (Kang Ji-hwan, who debuted in musical theatre, receiving recognition in Rocky Horror Picture Show in 2002 and as Danny in Grease in 2004 and more recently has appeared in TV dramas such as The Last Dance With Me), a Jehovah's Witness who comes to Ho-jun's door a second time in an improbable scenario to save Ho-jun from being trapped naked in his bathroom, ready to rest him on his bed sprawled out all Christ-complex-y. Both searching for something beyond their human existence, Ho-jun and Kye-sang become forced friends and we witness several moments of Ho-jun's anger at the world, contextualized within an elitism and entitlement that present some nearly Hong-ian discomforting moments. The film evolves into a discussion of family, faith, nationalism, war, and film, each of which I found myself appreciating, even if I'm not able to really say what, if anything, I'm supposed to "get" from this film.

The forced nature of that second meeting is the only major criticism I can make of Host & Guest. Otherwise, the film presents some wonderful images, such as this white aura that resonates from certain characters and window panes at the beginning, and awkward dialogue throughout that carries you across scene after scene. I don't mean that the dialogue is awkward, but that it causes awkward feelings in the characters and, if debut director Shin Dong-il (whose short The Holy Family screened at Cannes a few years back) has done his job fully suturing you with what you witness on screen, the audience as well. It is interesting how these characters keep missing each other yet keep wanting to stay with each other in spite of their ethical differences. It appears Ho-jun has more to learn from Kye-sang, but they receive each other on their own terms nonetheless. Both Kim and Kang put together excellent performances, most poignantly Kye-sang's speech at the end which is wonderfully tempered and poised. Kang and Shin have put together perhaps the most sympathetic portrayal of a Jehovah's Witness without getting too preachy on either side of the congregation.

The context of the film is the recession South Korea was experiencing at the time this film was made. Ho-jun struggles with his masculinity and his entitlements along with his general asocial tendencies that his immersion in film only exacerbates. There's a compelling scene in a multiplex theater that is screening, of all things, an obscure Turkish film, where Ho-jun's attempt to recover from economic wounds only makes him more pathetic. He lambastes the manager for not supporting independent cinema when in fact it is. Hell, the theater he's kicked out of is packed and its packed capacity is partly responsible for getting him kicked out, since he tried to sneak into a better seat other than the one he was assigned. (South Korean movie theaters require you to purchase tickets where you are assigned a specific seat.) Ho-jun is a character who is clearly his own worst enemy.

But he's not the only enemy in this picture. Images of U.S. President-Select George W. Bush make a few appearances and his image is mocked and ridiculed at each moment. Bush II's arrogance and willful ignorance that has caused so much harm and chaos in our world presently is paralleled with South Korea's own brand of conservative nationalism and Christianity that allow cover for things such as a war in Iraq based on false pretenses. Ho-jun is just as willing to deface images of South Korea's nationalism as he is images of Bush II. But, as Ho-jun will learn from Kye-sang, as much as these humiliations from afar provide catharsis for his wounded self and wounded world, they are a far distance from the stands that need to be taken when we are called to the stand. With religious symbolism abounding without getting too didactic, Host & Guest is a film that I'll let in again if it comes knocking on my door a second time.

hng1sz4.jpg

hng6md0.jpg

hng5uc8.jpg

hng4yz1.jpg

hng2jx7.jpg

hng3nd4.jpg

hng7tf5.jpg

Guest Get ya

hi everyone

Im Kangjihwan's fan when i watched him on drama Guem soon. Charming in smile.

in 90 days he did very well (cry scene) but this drama is so sad.

please support him. :rolleyes:

i m waiting for new drama.

his movie How i can download ? where?

Guest Aldine

^^i haven't downloaded that drama yet. is it good?

i will post some fireworks pics.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4097/fireworks29qf.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8051/fireworks9xp.jpg

i think i prefer him with short hair. :)

I had fun watching the entire series in just three days. I love Kang Ji Hwan! :)

Look at THOSE ABS!!!!!! *fanning myself*

http://i.photo.empas.com/ald23jk71/ald23jk...sp/10468/34.jpg

exactly! lolz

He's a very good actor. Really impress

Guest puppyiz

WARM GREETINGS DEAR FRIENDS....

any idea where i can download and watch this movie?

megaupload links?

YOHOOOOO !! lovegoodfood ..... we meet again !!

( Lately, we've both been bumping into each other @ 200poundsbeauty / JJM's thread )

You mean, download links for HOST & GUEST ?? No idea my friend ... was hoping you could tell me :P

I am still hunting high n low for this one !

Something to look forward to... here's some news on KANG JI HWAN.

I think they're talking about his next project a drama ( KBS ) with actress Han Ji Min.

> Anyone please help confirm this article & the translation. Thanks ! <

한지민-강지환, KBS 〈경성스캔들〉로 연인 연기

[YTN STAR 2007.04.04 10:38]

http://images.gamespot.co.kr/newsen/2007/0...816501003_1.jpg

탤런트 한지민과 강지환이 개화기를 배경으로 한 드라마에서 연인 연기를 선보입니다.

한지민-강지환은 오는 6월 KBS 〈마왕〉 후속으로 방송될 수목드라마 〈경성스캔들〉에, 남녀주인공으로 동반 캐스팅됐는데요.

소설가 이선미의 '경성애사'를 원작으로 한 이 드라마는 1930년대 명문가의 막내아들과 서점을 운영하며 독립운동을 하는 여성의 사랑을 담을 예정입니다.

제작사의 한 관계자는 "1930년대 한국 개화기 당시 '오렌지족'의 이야기를 상상하면 될 것"이라며 "감각적인 스타일이 살아있는 드라마로 기대해도 좋을 것"이라고 귀띔했습니다.

[저작권자© YTNSTAR & Digital YTN. 무단 전재-재배포 금지]

Guest puppyiz

I am back ... great thanks to SHIRLEY for the lead.

( Translation credit : CindyW88 )

Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min will lead the KBS2 drama “Capital Scandal (경성스캔들)

TUESDAY APRIL 3, 2007

200704031754011117_1.jpg

4/3/07 – Kang Ji Hwan (28) and Han Ji Min (25) are selected to lead the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Capital Scandal (경성스캔들)” scheduled to be aired by KBS2 in June, following the final episode of “The Devil”.

This drama is based on the novel “Sad Story of the Capital (경성애사, 京城哀史)” written by Lee Sun Mi (이선미), portraying a love story happened in 1930s.

KJH plays the role Sun Woo Wan (선우 완) who is the youngest son of a rich family and is involved in the independence movement. HJM plays the role Na Yu Kyung (나여경) who is the owner of a bookstore. The PD is Han Joon Suh (한준서) whose previous drama was “The Immortal Lee Soon Shin (KBS, 2004)”, and the script writer is Jin Soo Wan (진수완) who wrote for the drama “Older sister-in-law is 19 years old (SBS, 2004)”.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...704031754011117

2 DAYS TO D-DAY (April 7th, 2007) !!!

puppyizblufishnw5.jpg

Banner ⓒ SBS

Guest lovegoodfood

WARM GREETINGS DEAR FRIENDS....

YOHOOOOO !! lovegoodfood ..... we meet again !!

( Lately, we've both been bumping into each other @ 200poundsbeauty / JJM's thread )

You mean, download links for HOST & GUEST ?? No idea my friend ... was hoping you could tell me :P

I am still hunting high n low for this one !

It goes to show we have great taste in the movies we like and the man we love~~~~LOL.......

Guest puppyiz

GREETINGS Everyone !!

gloria83 You are welcome !

lovegoodfood (you are so~ right !)

KBS2 drama Capital Scandal (경성스캔들) - Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min

INTERVIEW CLIP : CLICK HERE

solidityscandalkbsjunejzo0.jpg

(Should this clip gets stuck every now & then, just click onto the 'play' button. I guess that should do the trick...coz it worked for me. :P )

Archived