Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Since it took me awhile to translate this, I am posting a copy here as well... ^^

Hong Gil Dong was a real person in Korean history but made famous by the novel Hong Gil Dong... fictionalized and made larger than life by the novel... found this summary of the novel...

때는 광해군이 조선을 다스리는 시절입니다. 광해군은 폭정을 부렸는데 이렇게 폭정을 부리니 밑의 관리들도 제대로 정치를 할 턱이 없었습니다. 지방으로 갈수록 탐관오리들이 백성의 재물 단 한 냥이라도 더 긁어내려고 열을 올렸습니다.

It was King Kwang Hae period of Cho Sun Dynasty. Since King Kwang Hae ruled with tyranny, his government officials could not be expected to administer effectively. Further into provinces, the corrupt officials were busy robbing from the common people.

이렇게 흉흉한 시기에 홍길동이 태어납니다. 원래 홍길동은 서울 홍 판서댁의 서자로 태어났습니다. 그의 어머니는 '춘섬'이라는 홍 판서집 종입니다.

Hong Gil Dong was born in this rough time. Hong Gil Dong was born an illegitimate son of Hong Minister. His mother was Choon Sum, Hong Minister's servant.

서자로 태어난 홍길동은 온갖 설움을 받으며 자랐는데, 자라면서 그 당시의 사회 구조(신분제)의 부당함을 보고 집을 떠납니다. 그는 자신을 태어나게한 홍 판서집 뒤뜰 '청룡 노인'의 가르침을 받아 무학 대사를 찾아갑니다. 무예와 도술, 병술등 모든 재주를 두루 갖춘 무학 대사는 길동을 열심히 가르칩니다.

As an illegitimate son, he had to grow up enduring all sorts of hardship. Realizing unfairness of the existing class system, he left the house. From an old man who lived in the backyard, he learned of a master and seeked him out. The master taught him martial arts, magic and many other skills.

몇년 뒤, 길동의 재주는 무학 대사와 비슷하게 됩니다. 더이상 길동을 가르칠 것이 없다고 판단한 무학대사는 길동의 곁을 떠나고 길동도 홀연히 길을 떠납니다.

Several years later, Gil Dong's skill became equal to that of his master. Thinking there was nothing more he could teach Gil Dong, the master and Gil Dong part ways.

그러던 중 금강산에서 산적을 만납니다. 길동은 이 산적들로 그 유명한 '활빈당'을 만듭니다. 이렇게 활빈당은 탄생하고 활빈당 무리는 전국을 돌아다니면서 탐관오리를 벌주고 부당하게 모은 재물을 털어 백성들에게 나누어 줍니다.

While traveling he met a band of bandits in Mount Geum Kang. That's how Gil Dong estalblished famous Hwal Bin Dang gang. Hwal Bin Dang gang traveled thoughout the country, robbed from the corrupt officials and gave back to the common people.

조정도 토벌을 하려하지만 번번히 실패합니다. 그러던 차에 광해군이 쫓겨나고 인조가 왕이 됩니다. 홍길동도 인조를 도와 광해군을 쫓아내고 그 공으로 병조 판서 벼슬을 받게 됩니다.

The royal court attempted to put down the gang several times without success. In the meanwhile, King Kwang Hae is ousted by King In Jo. Hong Gil Dong helped King In Jo in outsting King Kwang Hae and as a reward became the minister of war.

활빈당 두령 홍길동은 조선을 떠나기로 결심합니다. 그는 배를 타고 조선을 떠나 활빈당 무리가 정착하여 살 곳을 찾습니다. 드디어 '율도국'이 정착지로 정해집니다.

Eventually Hong Gil Dong left Cho Sun. He traveled on a ship looking for the Hwal Bin Dang's new settlement. Finally he decided on Yul Do country.

홍길동은 율도국의 군사와 여러 군사 시설, 율도국의 정세등을 듣고는 다시 조선으로 건너가 활빈당을 집결, 율도국으로 쳐들어 갑니다. 율도국은 함락되고 홍길동은 그 곳의 왕이 됩니다. 왕이 된 홍길동은 활빈당 무리들과 행복한 나날을 보내고 70세에 큰아들 현에게 왕위를 물려주고 세상을 떠납니다.

Upon learning of Yul Do country's army, military equipments, and it's condition, he returned to Cho Sun to reassemble the Hwal Bin Dang gang and attacked Yul Do. Yul Do surrendered and Hong Gil Dong became it's king. As the king, Hong Gil Dong lived until he was 70 and his oldest son, Hyun, became the next king.

I did my best in translating... it was little difficult... lots of words I had to look up in the dictionary... ^^

Hope this helps to get y'all get ready for the drama... it will be very interesting to see how the Hong sisters make the drama as "fusion drama"... :D

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oww... JC...

Thx..!!! so this one will become another fusion drama..? wow.... really can't wait! :w00t:

anyway, when browsing in the official site of CS, i found a fan who called KJH as TaeGyu Orabeoni.... hihi... i think that's cute... i decide to addres him as "orabeoni" too :D

"TaeGyu orabeoni~"..? or "JiHwan orabeoni~"...? *with YeongNan's innocent tone* :D :D

n this's her message...

it looks like a really nice support message for him :rolleyes:

for the "flop" of CS...? :unsure:

제목 : 태규오라버니..

태규오라버니

힘내세요

태규오라버니잘못이아니잖아요

우리애물단원들은

태규오라버니마음에

조금이라도상처가날까봐

그게제일걱정된답니다

정말너무우울하고

살맛안나고많이많이힘드시다면

우리경스공홈이나강함사에가세요

뭐경스와관련된아무거나다좋아요

그러면태규오라버니를응원하는

많은분들을만날수있을테니까요

그분들이태규오라버니에게

많은힘이되줄꺼예요

절대태규오라버니혼자가아니예요

우리모두아파하고있어요

그걸알아주셨으면하네요 ..ㅎ

힘내세요태규씨 !

http://extbbs.kbs.co.kr/KBS/board.php?db=d...d=&findstr=

Guest kellybag

i first came across this term "orabeoni" only just yesterday after watching the last chapter of capital scandal - the term is similar to "oppa" except its a more traditional/formal for addressing someone who is older than you and obviously of the masculinity gender

Guest plumangel3

i loved capital scandal. it was different from alot of the dramas i have seen so far. go wannie! lol

kang ji hwan was great in it. :D he always looked good in the different suits n i think he had great chemistry with HJM. hehe i lov his smile too ;)

cant wait to see his new drama! :D

Guest snowprincess

after Capital Scandal, im now a Hwannie fan! he is great! he looks somewhat like Uhm Tae Woong but he has his own charm. more boyish and playful or maybe its just his character in CS. i am soooo looking forward to Hong Gil Dong.

Guest puppyiz

Rxgoodleaf Much appreciated for the brilliant translations !!

OOH ... It's great that TG-ssi is into another project this soon ! Thanx for the heads-up ppl!

WEEEE ~ this is pretty interesting ! TG is in ' HONG GIL DONG ' ?!?

Btw, may I know where / how can I get KBS WORLD??

I dont wanna miss the boat again .. I so wanna watch TG LIVE on Air this coming in NOVEMBER !! :sweatingbullets:

If KJH accepts the role, I'd just be super happy. Although some of the feedback on the HGD thread is not so optimistic I still think it will be a good drama cos the writers wrote the script for My Girl and Fantasy Couple. Plus since its a KBS show, I might get to watch him on KBS World again! :D

Btw, may I know where / how can I get KBS WORLD??

I dont wanna miss the boat again .. I so wanna watch TG LIVE on Air this coming in NOVEMBER !! :sweatingbullets:

you should have a tv cable for sure :P

well, in my country (Indonesia), Indovision provide KBS World... i don't know sure about others country...

man... i really hope Hong Gil Dong will make a BIG BIG success for orabeoni sake!!

CS really success in quality, but i think not in comercial aspect... <_<

Fighting JiHwan orabeoni~~~~!! q(^0^)/

Guest snowprincess

watching CS again and i just adore KJH! his expressions are priceless! laughing, shouting, surprised, naughty, crying...he is a good actor not to mention tall and good-looking :P

thanks guys for all the information, translations and updates on KJH! btw, why is he called TG-ssi? is it a nickname? i read somewhere that its his personal blog (please correct me if im wrong :blush: )

watching CS again and i just adore KJH! his expressions are priceless! laughing, shouting, surprised, naughty, crying...he is a good actor not to mention tall and good-looking :P

YUP! i love his gesture most in CS! it's so adorable! but yeah, his expression, wardrobe, and everything there is totally perfect!!

thanks guys for all the information, translations and updates on KJH! btw, why is he called TG-ssi? is it a nickname? i read somewhere that its his personal blog (please correct me if im wrong :blush: )

KangJiHwan birth-name is Jo Tae-Gyoo... ^^

FYI. he used this name for his account in KBS, along with RyooJin who also used his birth-name ImYooJin.... :rolleyes:

Anyway his official fan-cafe in daum also named withTG... :)

edit:

just check out withTG, and they had change his birth-year to the correct one, 1977 :D

Guest babymarzy07

greeny, i think u have to be member to see anything in his withTG fancafe in daum? ^^

hahhaha TG orabeoni!! that's a cool way to put it. I like Ji Hwan though, its a pretty name.. :D

question, if TG-ssi done with his military duty? i havent heard of it lately. thanks!

snowprincess u're welcome..^^

marzy

yeah, as a guest we just can see their main page... But GOSH! being a member isn't enough to enjoy the site...! <_<

everytime i click the link to see his message/gallery/ what so ever, a pop up appear and say "your rank should be bla bla something to enter this"... urgghhh... Why they're so unfriendly to use...? :(

question, if TG-ssi done with his military duty? i havent heard of it lately. thanks!

Yup he did! Re-post Azura's post..

doesn't he looks sooooo young on the photos? :D

Guest babymarzy07

kity, i have no idea. i dont know yet how to be a member but it looks like it has many restrictions. i wanted to see more of his pics and stuff too. maybe he has a cyworld? that would be easier? oh well.. phew, thank goodness he is done! not much worries about him being away! hhahhaha :D

Fanmade MVs of Capital Scandal

I love this drama very much .

I love almost all of the protagonist characters in this drama and love the chemistry between Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min alot...

Anyway, I like the OST title "Because of You" and I made it into MVs..

Below is the link if you like to watch :

1) MV Capital Scandal-Because of You

Song:The OST "Because Of You " By Jun So Young

Clips: Wan and Yu Kyung Scenes from K-Drama "Capital Scandal" (KBS-2007)

2)MV Capital Scandal-A Love Storyboard

Song:The OST "Because Of You (Instrumental - Piano Version)"

Pictorial:Screen Cap from K-Drama "Capital Scandal" (KBS-2007)

Guest thislove

I fell in love with KJW after Capital Scandal, now I can't get enough of him. Loved his variety of color suits and especially his smile. :D Can't wait to watch him in his new drama.

Archived