191105 Eric Mun and Go Won-hee Confirm Leading Roles in "Oddball! Chef Moon"

0004287208_001_20191105102553598.jpg

Eric Mun and Go Won-hee are starring in a healing romantic comedy.

Channel A miniseries Oddball! Chef Moon is a healing romantic comedy about Yoo Bella, a worldwide famous fashion designer who loses her memory and degrades to a troublemaker, meeting star chef Moon Seung-mo.

Eric Mun tackles the role of Moon Seung-mo, a star chef who owns a Korean pop-up restaurant. He loses his parents to a fire and retreats back to Seo-ha Village where he meets Yoo Yoo-jin, who turns his life upside down.

This drama is Eric Mun’s first in 4 years since Oh Hae-Young Again and Discovery of Romance. He’s earned the title ‘rom-com = Eric Mun’, as he is full of charm. In addition, he is known as E-Chef among his fans because of his outstanding cooking skills. (heh, E-chef nickname is NOT by his fans but from 3 Meals A Day & 4 Wheeled Restaurant) :)

Go Won-hee plays Yoo Yoo-jin who used to be a worldwide famous fashion designer by the name of Yoo Bella. She goes from an famous fashion designer to a 200% troublemaker after an accident and gets branded as an oddball. Go Won-hee has been keeping busy with dramas “Perfume” and “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency”.

The romantic comedy as warm as the spring weather will be released in March next year (on Channel A).

Source: Newsen
Translation: Hancinema

191105 Eric Mun To Prove His Rom-Com Power With Go Won Hee In New Channel A Drama

Eric-Mun_Go-Won-Hee-660x315.jpg

Picking up his small screen comeback, Eric prepares for his chef character opposite rising actress Go Won Hee in new Channel A Drama.

Titled, ‘유별나!문셰프'  ‘Unique! Chef Moon’ (literal translation) , the new mini series is scheduled to be broadcast in March 2020.  Directed by Choi Do Hoon, the drama will be penned by Kim Kyung Soo and Jung Yu Ri. Behind the production are Story Networks and Glovic Entertainment.

Trudging on a fated meeting between an amnesiac global fashion designer and a star chef, a romantic comedy that creates love is the driving charm of the series.

Portraying Moon Seung Mo, Eric is a genius chef but decides to settle in a quaint village after his parents died from a sudden fire. Meanwhile, Go Won Hee takes the role of Yu Jin, a renowned fashion designer under the name of Bella, who has lost her memory. Because of her accident, she will become completely different than her usual glamorous self.

Eric-Mun.jpg

Recognized for his rom-com magic, Eric has starred in well-loved romantic comedies Another Miss Oh and Discovery of Love. Dubbed as E-Chef, the Shinhwa member has received the adorable nickname with his exemplary cooking skills displayed in his Three Meals a Day stint.

Go-Won-Hee.jpg

The year 2019 has blessed diligent actress Go Won Hee with projects thanks to her hard work. After her attention grabbing performances in Welcome to Waikiki and The House Helper, she has starred in main roles of Perfume and Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency.

Channel A’s new rom-com treat starring Eric Mun and Go Won Hee is slated for March 2020 airing.

Source: Sports Chosun

Image Credit: TOP Management | BNT

Via: Hello Kpop

It's interesting this post from Channel A drama PD a week ago on October 20th.  He mentioned about changing the drama title name to Chef Moon ‘유별나!문셰프'  ‘Unique! Chef Moon’  that we have now. He deleted this post later and  :)

EHVqD8HX0AUJOeh?format=jpg&name=orig

EHVqD8KXkAAyzhS?format=jpg&name=orig

He deleted that post later and posted this the next day instead with the drama title hashtags #유별나#문셰프 :)

Such a spoiler :)

35 Korean Dramas You Subconsciously Watch When You Are Feeling Down

Heart-fluttering Korean Romance dramas are as good as sweets and ice cream!

Survey says that a true K-drama fan has a saved list of comfort dramas, kept on all devices. When the going gets tough, those drama pills are summoned from its virtual location to cure its owner.

There are dramas that you watch as a yearly tradition or when you need to clear excess thoughts or emotions. Whether you are a nube or you have been watching on a regular basis, you have a special go-to drama list that you rely on. Especially at times when the currently airing dramas do not fit your palate.

Although a plethora of interesting genres have graced kdramaland through the years, romance stories remain to be the perennial favorites to satisfy your cravings.

The sighs, swoons, squeals, and the wish-we-can-be-those-lead-girl-moments are unexplained therapeutic stress pills that have sustained K-drama following. Fan service series maintains its popularity owing to its iconic sweet scenes and memorable love stories.

Sometimes, the heart-fluttering moments even spur a free pass for audience to forego bad plot as long as regular doses of bickering and saccharine frames are generously distributed each episode.

There are a lot of reasons why we love these kind of dramas. But it all boils down to its addictive drive that puts us on trance to watch it over and over again, without getting tired of it.

Here are some of the best comfort K-Dramas to brighten up your somber mood.

10. Discovery of Love (Eric Mun and Jung Yu Mi)

Discovery of Love

Now this was not as popular as the rest of the dramas in this list, but it belongs to my all-time favorite love dramas because of its superb screenplay and storytelling.

Yeorum is a furniture maker who is caught between her present boyfriend and her first love. Discovery of Love takes an ingenious path to uncover the woes and inhibitions of a woman in confronting love confusions that involves weighing down the amount of pain and love you are prepared to invest in a relationship.

You will thank me later after watching it.

11. Another Miss Oh (Eric Mun and Seo Hyun Jin)

20160606_another-oh-hae-young.jpg

The hot kisses, the brave heroine and the weird journey on how fate intertwined the love couple are some of the things you would love in this drama. Another Miss Oh banks on its realistic approach on the frustrations and bliss of trusting the love willingly given to someone only to be disappointed for not reciprocating it well.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 1:53 AM, willenette said:

35 Korean Dramas You Subconsciously Watch When You Are Feeling Down

Heart-fluttering Korean Romance dramas are as good as sweets and ice cream!

There are a lot of reasons why we love these kind of dramas. But it all boils down to its addictive drive that puts us on trance to watch it over and over again, without getting tired of it.

Here are some of the best comfort K-Dramas to brighten up your somber mood.

10. Discovery of Love (Eric Mun and Jung Yu Mi)

Now this was not as popular as the rest of the dramas in this list, but it belongs to my all-time favorite love dramas because of its superb screenplay and storytelling.

Yeorum is a furniture maker who is caught between her present boyfriend and her first love. Discovery of Love takes an ingenious path to uncover the woes and inhibitions of a woman in confronting love confusions that involves weighing down the amount of pain and love you are prepared to invest in a relationship.

You will thank me later after watching it.

11. Another Miss Oh (Eric Mun and Seo Hyun Jin)

The hot kisses, the brave heroine and the weird journey on how fate intertwined the love couple are some of the things you would love in this drama. Another Miss Oh banks on its realistic approach on the frustrations and bliss of trusting the love willingly given to someone only to be disappointed for not reciprocating it well.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

Thanks so much for sharing :)

Hyemi for the KBS one episode drama special. She is so pretty even in the cleaning overalls.

I spazz alot about how pretty she is but I really love that she's very humble, mature (I don't mean age but how settle she is). She does her stuffs and not bother much about making noises for clout or popularity.  Eric really has good eyes for life partner.  They are perfect and complement each other so well.  I'm happy they found each other.

Look how pretty she is... 

Beautiful eyes and perfect cupid bow shaped lips! :wub::wub:

EJh4o2rW4AIcQEs?format=jpg&name=orig

EJh40Q7WoAEcA1X?format=jpg&name=large

75554046_555421091702488_563214625045634

75231110_2489426971164912_23070787518750

76917359_2437026713204952_71493008581759

75540326_563914314421705_327596066450209

This was at the mini press conference.

So gracious! :love::love:

EJaFWK9XUAEEMR3?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaFWK-X0AEk22Z?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaRIsIWsAAz8bX?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaRIsKWkAE9iiP?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaRIsGW4AE28y6?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaENomW4AICzHu?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaENonX0AA7UqH?format=jpg&name=orig

EJaENolXUAESJHA?format=jpg&name=orig

Credit: KBS instagram

I wonder if she plays sister to Eric's character (the Eric-nim to oppa one lol)

191117 Shinhwa’s Eric with a Cast Member at “Unique! Chef Moon” Scrip Reading

So kind Moon Jung Hyuk oppa~
He has such a nice personality

Even the selfie manner :thumbsup:(t/n: meaning he put his face closer to the camera so her face looks smaller. You know Koreans love small face )
(I can’t believe he’s going from Eric-nim to oppa :lol:)

The photo is posted today but it was from yesterday script reading

5084b43c6591344d64749cdca6c2ec945120bd60

Source: youlin825
Translation: eric_munleader for EricMun.tumblr

• Like 1

191120 [Pre-Order] Shinhwa’s Eric 2020 Calendar

Online Pre-order starts from: November 20, 2019 to November 27, 2019

Price: ₩ 25,000 (USD $21.34)

It comes with:

• 1 Desk Calendar (165 x 240 mm)
  • 2 ID Photos (37 x 47 mm)
  • 6 Photo Cards (55 x 85 mm)
  • 1 Photo Garland of 7 (85 x 85 mm)

ERIC:  http://en.kpop-store.co.kr/surl/P/129/?t=20191120

ANDY:  http://en.kpop-store.co.kr/surl/P/128/?t=20191120

※ Delivery will be processed from December 17th. It may take 3 - 7 business days depending on the courier service.

imageimageimage

Source: Eric Official & Top Media

Via: EricMun.tumblr

Many were wondering about the band aid on his face.  Looks like it was a prop for the calendar photoshoot...  :lol:  Can't wait to get mine!!

191120 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

The silence of concentration
2020_Making Riclendar (t/n: Eric + calendar:heart:

EJ0Y39qU8AAnQ4V?format=jpg&name=orig

d25a057b89b367b66ce8b83687c870571c608ec2

Source: Eric Official

On 11/21/2019 at 4:56 AM, sleeph said:

thanks Phi for the update.

why is there a plaster on Eric's cheek? :neutral:

You're welcome!  So nice to see you on this thread again :)

We were all freak out seeing that band aid on his face.  Turns out, it was a prop for the calendar shooting hahaha

He looks like Spider Man in the floor shots :lol:

191121 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

Aid_Ric (band-aided Ric) that will fill the month of June of Riclendar

Source: Eric Official

f1c84dc8dcdea3006df4bd7e5f82ae9a5b69fe80

9c556f3f8f932b5ddc1afba386f83ff45684a170

073f34426b3d4a0c698acca9c51384e5499b542f

a884d0bac4fee63bdc5c2faa574fac799d7de221

fa702001e73dd417162e1b102fa62bcad7fdc1c4

===================================================

You can order them through these sites

※ K POP STORE (Korea)

Price: USD $21.34 + Shipping

ERIC:   http://en.kpop-store.co.kr/surl/P/129/?t=20191120

ANDY:  http://en.kpop-store.co.kr/surl/P/128/?t=20191120

※ YESASIA (international)

Price: USD $47.99 (free basic international shipping)

ERIC:  https://www.yesasia.com/eric-2020-calendar/1082123868-0-0-0-en/

ANDY:  https://www.yesasia.com/andy-2020-calendar/1082124335-0-0-0-en/

※ KPOPFORYOU.HK

Price: HKD $200 (about USD $26) + Shipping

ERIC:  https://instagram.com/p/B5FAIOAFl28/?igshid=gor4emvsmjug

ANDY:  https://instagram.com/p/B5FAgwnlqqW/?igshid=oc6lz7e4v1w7

Looks like they have been filming a lot in Danyang since the filming began.  I wonder how much filming this drama will have in Danyang since they also sponsor the drama to promote tourism & the local products there.  It's almost 3 hours drive each way from Seoul to Danyang.  5 - 6 hours traveling time is too much.  May be they get the staffs a place to stays when the bulk of filming are in Danyang.

Thanks god for the update from his stylist.  So nice seeing her back with him again for this drama.  She's been working with him for almost 10 years.... He does treat the people who work for/with him well since most of them stay with him for a long time.

191126 From Eric's Stylist's IG Story

This was at filming set in Danyang.  They were were goofing around lol

d6e452d096d11401c2177d2ec29db7bad9dc260a

178b47c36652ad066269e8a15ca284c8b4ccfd88

50bb8f148993ea5c9c5991ab013e5c54e9ab4b94

e974dadeaa34cd6cce52a16adaffe9228acc0ca2

cbda1d0017c3224782582b83e5746655fc393c08

Source: kky86912 + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

• 2 weeks later...

191206 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted at “Unique! Chef Moon” Filming Site

Met Eric-nim in person ♡
#Unique! Chef Mun #Filming site #Hang in there_we’ll win
#Eric-nim #Physical #Perfect #So handsome
#oh, poor photo quality……ㅠㅠ

t/n: from the comments, that was at Jeokseong-myeon Gamgol village in Dayang-gun

cd774f31d7fe6e4e320e985c1c77dcf2a260a05a

af6fcc140026b64dd2b9e3458ae641c583b6d3f7

Source: jung_dah_eun

I said it before, I feel Chef Moon character will be the country pumpkin kind based on the plot and character descriptions. From a healing drama to he likes organic ingredients, hates MSG and the drama is also sponsored by Danyang to promo their local products & tourism... Go Won Hee plays a high fashion designer, Chef Moon must be the country pumpkin kind for the character contrast eh?  If you expect a cool sassy Chef Moon llike Jamie Oliver of The Naked Chef, u might be in for “disappointment” XD :tounge_xd:

From the above pics... looks like we're really having our country chef huh? Partly the poor quality of the pic and partly how he looks hella young there, I couldn't recognize him at first lol

ELBl9mKXUAYAl06?format=jpg&name=orig

ELBX-KqW4AAMtp2?format=jpg&name=orig

• 2 weeks later...
191211 Choi Kwang-Je: “I’m Happy to Work With Shinhwa’s Eric In A New Drama. I’m Grateful He Takes Good Care of Me”

Actor Choi Kwang-je expressed his gratitude to Eric.

Choi Kwang-Je confirmed his appearance for Channel A miniseries ‘Unique! Chef Moon’ as Bang Da-hoon, a painter and a close friend of Moon Seung-mo (Eric). He will play a generous person who fully embraces Moon Seung-mo, who was devastated because of his parents’ sudden death in a fire.

In a recent interview with Herald POP at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Choi Kwang-je expressed his feelings about working with Eric.

Choi Kwang-je said, “I wanted to be in the series because of Eric. In the drama, my character is really close to Eric’s character and I am really close with him during filming. We are having so much fun.”

He added, “I think I meet a really good brother after ‘Pegasus Market’ drama. I’m feeling confident because Eric is taking good care of me.”

Choi also said, “I remember one day Eric asked me to take a selfie with him. Eric said he enjoyed watching ‘Pegasus Market’ with his wife (Na Hye-mi) and she wanted to see me (Kwang-je). So I happily took a selfie.

Unique! Chef Moon’ is a healing romantic comedy drama about star chef Moon Seung Mo (Eric) and a world-famous fashion designer Yoo Bella (Go Won Hee). Yoo Bella lost her memory in a car accident and moved to Seoha Village. She was known as the troublemaker at the village. There, she met star Chef Moon Seung-mo who went back to Seoha Village after the sudden death of his parents. Yoo Bella’s appearance abruptly disturbed Moon Seung-mo’s peaceful daily life. The drama is scheduled to air in March.

Source: Herald POP
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

==============================================

Quiet guy but Eric always takes good care of his team members.  I love that he mention watching the drama together with Hyemi.  It gives me a warm family feeling... and realizing my bias has grown and now is a family man :)

191214 Shinhwa’s Andy’s Wishes and Mentioning of Eric on ‘Idol Cafe’- Star Magic Lamp

Q: Any wish about your members?
Andy said his 3rd wish was about his family, but it includes his parents, grandmother, aunt and all SHINHWA members. His 3rd wish was that he hopes all his family members stay healthy.

Q: Member that you stay in touch with?
Andy: It would be Eric hyung. Eric is shooting for a drama right now in a rural area. He said it is freezing cold down there. So I gave him all my hot packs and electronic heaters. Eric said after the shooting is done, he will come back to Seoul to take a break for a few days. There’s a great pork BBQ restaurant nearby my house and he really wants to eat pork BBQ. Eric was like once I get to Seoul I will head to your place. What he means is that he wants me to pay for the meal (someone asked: he doesn’t pay himself?) Andy: No, Eric said he has been working very hard, he deserves a treat. So I told him okay.

Video by tomas0726
Chinese translation by 神话中国 on weibo
English translation by
Tangelo1127 on IG

===============================================

It reminds me of this old RicDy lunch outing back in 2007 and it was Eric's treat :)

CRvNLNpU8AAFLpz?format=jpg&name=orig

CRvNLVsVAAArGjH?format=jpg&name=orig

CRvNLd8UwAABbgB?format=jpg&name=orig

CRvNLo2UkAAkhNb?format=jpg&name=orig