It doesn't surprise me Eric often keeps up on news :D   If I remember correctly, Dongwan said before on a show (Taxi?) that the member often search for their name first but Eric searches on Shinhwa and the members first instead of himself :)  It's nice knowing he still keeps in touch with OHYA cast, or at least Kim Gidoo :)

170307 ‘Hanbam’ Kim Gidoo, “I’m Close With Shinhwa’s Eric.. He’s Such a Good Hyung”

Actor Kim Gidoo showed off his friendship with Eric.

Kim Gidoo said on SBS ’Entertainment Hanbam’ aired on the afternoon of March 7th, “Eric gave me a nickname of meercat on ’Oh Hae Young Again’. He’s 3 years older than me.

Kim Gidoo also added, “Eric texted me yesterday too, saying ‘I saw you were on real-time keyword search. I like seeing you doing well’. He is such a good hyung.

Source: OSEN
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Phi said:

I'm so curious what it said. Wonder if LuvEric_Taiwan would translate :)

Sigh LuvEric_TW is rather quiet these days... if there are new postings, they are mainly throwbacks of Eric or Shinhwa during their early days. :bawling: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YuKo Wong said:

Sigh LuvEric_TW is rather quiet these days... if there are new postings, they are mainly throwbacks of Eric or Shinhwa during their early days. :bawling: 

hahaha it's actually been quiet as well :)  Though, it's nice seeing Eric's name on the news every so often :)  If you see anything interesting bits from the throwback, could you share with us if you can/have time?  The earlier days is the most not known, especially for newer fans :) 

• Like 1

Interesting post about Eric's car accident during the filming of "Wolf" and how he managed to pick himself up.

For new fans like myself, I felt really sad when the news reporters filmed the worried faces of his parents who visited Eric at the hospital. Another touching moment was around 5.13 min mark. Eric was talked about how some people had tried to put him down but he is grateful to ShinChangs and the members for always being there. :cry: You can see that Eric was tearing when he was giving that speech.... *heart break*

Title: "Not that it doesn't hurt, it's just that you dont' say it"

"Wolf" has always been Eric's painful past.

At the 10th anniversary's encore, Eric took off the waist support and left it on the stage!! Shortly after the concert ended, he had to be  supported to the awaiting ambulance and stayed at the hospital for a few days... 

2008.4.15 News

Injured Shinhwa's leader Eric starts his martial arts training

At the end of March, Eric had agreed to star in KBS 2TV "Strongest Chil-Woo" as the leading man Kang Chil-Woo.

Kang Chil-Woo is a officer in the day but he turns into a assassin at night. Ku Hye Seon, Lee Eon and Eric are staring in this drama.

To prepare himself for this role, Eric started to train in martial arts.

On the 15th, someone close to Eric said "After Shinhwa's 10th anniversary concert around the end of March, Eric had to be hospitalised for a while as he had hurt his waist"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, YuKo Wong said:

Interesting post about Eric's car accident during the filming of "Wolf" and how he managed to pick himself up.

For new fans like myself, I felt really sad when the news reporters filmed the worried faces of his parents who visited Eric at the hospital. Another touching moment was around 5.13 min mark. Eric was talked about how some people had tried to put him down but he is grateful to ShinChangs and the members for always being there. :cry: You can see that Eric was tearing when he was giving that speech.... *heart break*

Title: "Not that it doesn't hurt, it's just that you dont' say it"

"Wolf" has always been Eric's painful past.

At the 10th anniversary's encore, Eric took off the waist support and left it on the stage!! Shortly after the concert ended, he had to be  supported to the awaiting ambulance and stayed at the hospital for a few days... 

2008.4.15 News

Injured Shinhwa's leader Eric starts his martial arts training

At the end of March, Eric had agreed to star in KBS 2TV "Strongest Chil-Woo" as the leading man Kang Chil-Woo.

Kang Chil-Woo is a officer in the day but he turns into a assassin at night. Ku Hye Seon, Lee Eon and Eric are staring in this drama.

To prepare himself for this role, Eric started to train in martial arts.

On the 15th, someone close to Eric said "After Shinhwa's 10th anniversary concert around the end of March, Eric had to be hospitalised for a while as he had hurt his waist"

Thanks so much for the translation.

I remember there was a clip of Eric limping while holding his waist when he walked to his van at the concert venue on the last day of the 10th Anniversary concert.  I remember fans sorta thought something was off with Eric but they didn't know what it was till the end of the concert seeing how he walked to his van.  He was in pain most of the night but didn't say anything so it could finish without incident.

I think after that concert, Dongwan also got hospitalized too for exhaustion from preparation of his solo album right after Shinhwa's 10th Anni concert.

When Eric had to serve his army duty as non active because of the back injury from Wolf drama accident, K-netz were harsh on him. Some even speculated he faked the injury to get out of active duty.  (duh, would you risk your life to get killed being hit by a car just to serve office duty? :rolleyes:).  That is why when Yoo Ah In's sickness came out, I was pretty sure knetz would say he made that up to get out of army service... and they did.  I can totally relate cuz Eric went through the same thing. 

I can't find that video clip any more cuz lot of YT accounts were deleted when YT started to crack down on copyrights.  But here is the fan recap

[2008.04.01][trans] A post about Eric's injury from Ericvoice

Title of post: Worried about Eric!

I read some comments on the concert, it went something like this:

A: Oh no, Eric oppa got injured today? I saw oppa being helped into the car by the managers.

B: I wonder if he really got injured.... Did the managers really have to hold him when he was walking?

A: I didn't get tickets, so I only stayed outside. I saw oppa coming out from Entrance 1-1, but he was being helped out.

B: The other oppas looked fine....I was really close to them and I wanted to greet them, but oppa was furrowing his brows and he looked like he was in pain ㅠㅠ Please don't get hurt ㅠㅠ

What exactly happened, does anyone know what's going on?
Why is he in pain, where is he hurting... ㅠㅠ

I just want to see oppa smile everyday, that's all I hope for, sorry ㅠㅠ

Mod's reply:

Though I'm really tired after the concert, I'll write a little recap anyway ㅠㅠㅠ
Eric hurt his back before in a traffic accident, you do know that?
That's why he was sent to the ER in the midst of filming KSA because he was in pain.
The fans who are aware of his condition are very worried about him whenever he has concerts.

No matter how tired he was during the concert, Eric put in his best because this is the last concert before enlistment.
My heart jumps every time he has to dance.
He didn't have a lot of big movements in the concert end of last year, but the moves this time are a lot harder than we expected = =
On stage, we really saw oppa's amazing skills ㅠㅠ but to me it's a worrying performance.
He smiles ever so brightly on stage, but he's actually holding the pain in.
With a bad back, taking even one step is extremely arduous...oppa...

ㅠㅠㅠ What is he going to do when he films the drama? ㅠㅠㅠ
All we can do now is to trust and support him.
oppa~~~~~~~~~~~ oppa you must hang in there.
ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ we'll love oppa no matter what happens ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Source: ericvoice
Chi trans: loli@情投E赫+178
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

• Like 3

This isn't the KCTA later today that has Eric name in the attendant list I think.

It's the 2017 Cable Broadcast Awards that will be held in October? I'm not sure if these are nominations or contenders but It's good to see 3MAD with Lee Seojin, Eric & Yoon Kyunsang in the mentions :)

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=14891041321218629002

1489050792_1218629.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phi said:

I've been wondering what model is Eric's Porsche? I can't read what it says in the back of the car in the last pic and I don't know much about cars :tongue:

tumblr_inline_oltl5pYTws1qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oltl6aJNyw1qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oltl724SAp1qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oltl7akbY61qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oltl7ru0051qcufwd_1280.jpg

hi @Phi i've been wondering too, and then i search up with keyword porche turbo cause i saw turbo and i found out porsche turbo 911 s. I think he used this one

• Like 4

So after this,.they would release colouring books...what a good stuff. Shinhwa real business minded and also offer an enjoyable things to share with fans..I like this kind of books..haha..my self kiddo-soul calling to buy it. :D I think they should make a Comic/Manga that exclusively told about their stories for 20 years. It would be sold like crazy. I want Eric to show his drawing skills..haha..his cartoonist side so cute too..I remember he drawing Hyesung as cartoon character in Shinbang. So cute..haha..and his meme drawing in Happy Together . I hope they can make it..like seriously..they have to make 2 official language. Hangul and English..hahaa..my dream:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 5

On 2017-03-09 at 10:27 PM, meira23 said:

hi @Phi i've been wondering too, and then i search up with keyword porche turbo cause i saw turbo and i found out porsche turbo 911 s. I think he used this one

Hi, I thought it would be the 911 line as it's their popular one.  I still can't make out the wording on the back of Eric's car but from the shape It does look like the Turbo 911 S

The Turbo 911 S runs from about $185,000 - $200,000+ I think?   He's such a humble & low key person, never once shows his car in public.  All these years, we only get to know it's a Porsche thanks to Dispatch and the Christmas movie date :) 

tumblr_inline_oltl7ru0051qcufwd_1280.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, iriskyopta258 said:

So after this,.they would release colouring books...what a good stuff. Shinhwa real business minded and also offer an enjoyable things to share with fans..I like this kind of books..haha..my self kiddo-soul calling to buy it. :D I think they should make a Comic/Manga that exclusively told about their stories for 20 years. It would be sold like crazy. I want Eric to show his drawing skills..haha..his cartoonist side so cute too..I remember he drawing Hyesung as cartoon character in Shinbang. So cute..haha..and his meme drawing in Happy Together . I hope they can make it..like seriously..they have to make 2 official language. Hangul and English..hahaa..my dream:rolleyes::lol:

I wonder who did the sketches... some of them are pretty off hahaha

I love how Shincom catching on the trend with the therapeutic coloring books for the grownup that is quite popular in the West as another the way to de-stress.  So it's NOT "kiddo-soul" calling out for it :)  I would love to see a collections of Eric drawings too because he draws so well, especially the cartoonist/manga, illustration kinda drawing!

I remember on an old old show they did an interview with Shinhwa parents and Eric's Mom said Eric was good with drawing when he was young.  She said, in school when other kids draw sneakers, he drew it shades...

Here are some of the past sketches/drawings that he did.

From a Shinhwa's fansign in 2001

CLPRm_3UcAEBLdg.jpg

Korea Secret Agent (2006)

CLPRnV0UkAAVDH1.jpg

Bottom one is the sketch for Supper Rookie (2005)
Top one is for Shinhwa's SNL (2013)

CG0e25GWgAABk1F.jpg

Shinhwa Broadcast (2012)

Eric-s-Drawing-of-Hyesung-shinhwa-328138

Shin-Hyesung-kpop-32845598-583-874.jpg

Happy Together (2017)

tumblr_ojp87vpvom1rvbzggo3_r1_540.gif

• Like 4

Eric, Hyesung & Junjin at Junjin's manager's wedding today!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So nice seeing Eric. It's not that long since Daegu's concert but it seems like age! lol  Love his cute smile :)

Yoon Pyo looks great, so weird to see him dapper in tux XD  His wife is pretty too.

tumblr_ommvd6bkZU1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ommvd6bkZU1qckmvno4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ommvd6bkZU1qckmvno3_1280.jpg

Cute Jinnie

tumblr_ommvd6bkZU1qckmvno2_1280.jpg

• Like 6

First of all, I'm happy to see Eric at the wedding with the birds. He looks fresh and happy always. Such a nice view to see him like this. Hope to get good news soon about anything (as long as it's from Eric, I will be happy to hear it XD). 

And yes for the T-money sold out either in korean or international websites. They should release it again :wink:

And about coloring book, it will be good for the mother Shinhwa fans (for their kids) or the single Shinhwa fans (for releasing stress or their hobby). 

I'm the one who wants Eric releasing his own manga for the next. He already published 2 photobook in totally different style. I think we should deliver our idea about this through E&J twitter that he should make manga version which can describe about his life journey with the members, the family or maybe his 'crazy' ideas. And also I notice that Eric has a thing for being magician. Of course not professional magician but simple magic tricks :D

So, his car is Porsche? Oh nice. During military service, his mates said when vacation, he used to ride his mercy. It's likely he has more than one car. Well, boys always to play such kinda 'toys'. 

• Like 5

@Phi lemme finish my regular job as a mum then do my night shift as translator :tongue: Kekeke

anyway, thanks for the wedding pics... Eric definitely looks refreshed and well rested. Good that he's making sure to spend quality time to relax after the hectic few months 

As for cars, it's every guy's dream to own at least 1 supercar! It's the adrenaline rush they get when they ramp the accelerator... *watching too much Top Gear for me * 

• Like 3