Angelina Jolie

sugarplum892

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1416457677010_597" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Angelina Jolie to Quit Acting: 'I've Never Been Comfortable as an Actor'If all goes according to Angelina Jolie's plan, you will no longer see the 38-year-old actress on the big screen.
In a candid new interview with DuJour magazine, Angelina confirms she's planning to give up acting entirely.
"Absolutely," she tells the magazine about her future plans of no longer appearing in films. "I've never been comfortable as an actor; I've never loved being in front of the camera."
And she's already taking the next steps to retiring from acting by getting plenty of buzz as a director, especially for her latest project Unbroken, which is based on the incredible life story of Olympic runner-turned-U.S. airman Louie Zamperini.
"I didn't ever think I could direct, but I hope I'm able to have a career at it because I'm much happier," she says about her new role behind the camera.
Angelina Jolie to Quit Acting: 'I've Never Been Comfortable as an Actor'

This isn't the first time Angelina has talked about quitting acting. In 2012, she told Britain's Channel 4 News that she would happily give up her career to be at home with her children.
"I am so grateful to the job, and I have had great experiences, and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but ... if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children," she said. "I wake up in the morning as a mom and I turn on the news like everybody else, and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way."
Thankfully for her fans, that day isn't coming anytime soon.
Angelina is starring in the highly anticipated By the Sea with her husband Brad Pitt, a period love story which she wrote and is also directing. Her 13-year-old son Maddox is also working as a production assistant on the film.
Though predictably, it's not always easy working with your significant other.
"The tricky thing is directing myself and directing Brad," she admits. "It's hard, dramatic material, and we're balancing."
Angelina Jolie to Quit Acting: 'I've Never Been Comfortable as an Actor'

"It's a heavy film, and it's not easy for us," she adds. "But even as you struggle through it, you're in the trenches together and you don't expect it to be easy. We're challenging each other and that's a really good thing."
The last time Angelina and Brad starred in a film together was 2005's Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Now, nine years later, the two are married with six children.
"I think when it's right, it feels the exact same [as before]," she says about married life.
Earlier this month, Angelina talked to Vanity Fair about the A-list couple's new title of husband and wife.
Source

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Angelina Jolie confirms retirement: 'I've never loved acting'Angelina Jolie has confirmed her plans to retire from acting.
The Oscar winner said that she "absolutely" plans to focus on filmmaking in the future.
Angelina Jolie at the Maleficent London photocall

"I've never been comfortable as an actor - I've never loved being in front of the camera," Jolie told Du Jour.
"I didn't ever think I could direct, but I hope I'm able to have a career at it because I'm much happier."
She has previously said that her portrayal of Cleopatra could mark her final acting role.
Jolie has been teasing her plans to retire from acting for years.
She was most recently seen in Disney's Maleficent.
Jolie's most recent directorial outing - Unbroken - will arrive in US cinemas on December 25 and in the UK on December 26.
Source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Angelina Jolie meets the Pope after hosting screening at the Vatican
Angelina Jolie met Pope Francis during a private audience at the Vatican today (Thursday, January 8). 
The Hollywood star had been invited by the Pontiff to host a screening of her new film Unbroken at the Vatican in Rome for the Political Academy of Sciences.
Pope Francis meets Angelina Jolie, Vatican City, Rome, Italy - 08 Jan 2015Pope Francis I meets Angelina Jolie during a private audience 8 Jan 2015

In a statement released by Universal Pictures to Us Weekly, Jolie said: "Being invited with my film to the Vatican is an honor and a great tribute to the story that I have told in Unbroken.
"The story of the hero Louis a great example of strength and forgiveness."
Pope Francis meets Angelina Jolie, Vatican City, Rome, Italy - 08 Jan 2015Pope Francis I meets Angelina Jolie during a private audience 8 Jan 2015

A spokesperson for Universal Pictures added: "Pope Francis, aware of the incredible life story of Louis Zamperini, graciously welcomed the opportunity to view the film and is expected to attend the screening at the Casina Pio IV, headquarters of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences and Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences."
Unbroken is a war biopic based on the life of the late Olympic track star-turned-prisoner of war Louie Zamperini.

Angelina Jolie, Louis Zamperini pose for Unbroken publicity picture

Jolie was joined at the screening by Zamperini's son Luke. 
The actress and UN ambassador received an honorary damehood from the Queen last year as she was recognized for her services to UK foreign policy and her campaign to end sexual violence in war zones.
Source

• 1 year later...

Archived