NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest thelivinlegend21

^

Let's not forget how Webber meshed in with the team last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see conflict between Iverson and Webber for more touches. Korver is a solid 3-point shooter, but he really doesn't give the Sixers the punch they need to consider them a "Big Three." Dalembert is playing pretty well, but he also doesn't show the dominant inside presence that many other successful centers show today.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EYJAYJAY

^he's coming off nicely. but the main thing is, nothing will happen for sixers till webber and iverson mesh. they gotta learn to play with each other. if they can get that down, it'll help others.

Guest gjak1117

mm. i suppose, i'd say we're in deeper crud here in NY, but i kindof like the Curry move... assuming he doesn't pass out on the court...

Guest tjadl6386

Teams to watch out for...

- San Antonio Spurs (because of a stronger lineup especially if Finley gels with the system)

- Miami Heat (so many nice additions, just hope its not a repeat of the lakers when they got payton and malone)

- Washington Wizards (they lost Hughes but the three additions really make them better)

- Cleveland Cavaliers - (hopefully Hughes compliments with Lebron)

Guest gjak1117

^^ wizards over pacers? pistons? nets? i don't think so. even the bulls and knicks might give them problems now... they'll need to watch out for themselves and worry about the playoffs rather than us watching them.

Guest Chioster

and Houston? Houston has one of the best off season in the league. With the addition of Alston, Swift, Anderson, Baxter, Glover, and head

They lost who? Weatherspoon and James. Charlie ward retired.

Guest whiterose

- San Antonio Spurs (because of a stronger lineup especially if Finley gels with the system)

- Miami Heat (so many nice additions, just hope its not a repeat of the lakers when they got payton and malone)

- Washington Wizards (they lost Hughes but the three additions really make them better)

I say Rockets ALl the WAY!! T- MAC and CHINA MAN POWER!

Guest gjak1117

and Houston? Houston has one of the best off season in the league. With the addition of Alston, Swift, Anderson, Baxter, Glover, and head

They lost who? Weatherspoon and James. Charlie ward retired.

if you were talking to me, i was only addressing the East Coast, the west coast is a whole other matter XD... I like how the balance has been restored a bit between the two coasts though...

Guest thelivinlegend21

^

I'd say both of them will be surprises. The Clips added Cassell and Mobley to their line-up, so they'll have a really dangerous backcourt. As for the Warriors, they were a sleeper team last season until the end. If Baron Davis can stay healthy, they're also a team to watch out for.

Denver is looking pretty good. Under George Karl, look what happened. They haven't made any significant moves to their roster either. We're looking at a Playoff contender right here.

Guest Fabolous

im very excited for this season for the warriors. we're gonna turn a lot of heads this year. we're young, athletic, and exciting to watch. if baron stays healthy, we have a legit shot to take the 7-8th seed. should be a great year

Guest epark1281

i honestly don't think that one could make a case for the wizards. atkins was a throw in, he will not make the wiz a better team, the only real player that the wiz got was antonio daniels. Ur talking about a team in the same conference as indiana, detroit, miami, and cleveland. If you think the wizards are going to get out of the first round, that's a stretch.

I would watch out for the pacers. With that full arsenal, and more importaintly, with dale davis (it's more significant than some think, davis will give oneal time to rest, so oneal can be more effective when he's on the court) and with a MAJOR chip on their shoulders, i wouldn't be suprised if they had an eastern conference showdown with Miami.

With Miami, remember the last time G-money played with Shaq? The court was too damn crowded, g, malone, kobe and shaq, it didn't work. You just wonder how many big name players you need to win a championship. Detroit won with some big name guys, yea, but all those players developed together, so they didn't have any chemistry issues.

It would be interesting to keep an eye out for the T-wolves, with Jaric playing on that team. Kevin Mckale seems to think he's the missing link (a la the offseason activity, or lack thereof). Don't count on bracey wright or mccants to have any impact on that teams final record.

Houston will be contenders this year too. They've got an extreeemly athletic backcourt now, and a young developing center who can spot up and shoot. When teams go man to man on Yao and if he's popping jumpers at the freethrow line, expect swift and alston to murder the opposition in the middle. Sorry Mavs fans, Dampier is not the best center in the NBA, not even in the West. The mavs don't make it out of the west.

Well, the favorites to repeat? Spurs. Need i say more?

Guest res0nate

alston will take away extra touches and shots from yao and others. payton coming off the bench isn't a problem, the guy knows that he doesn't have to be some prolific scorer, but someone that can provide solid mins, assists and defence. the offence is pretty much defaults to the rest of the lineup.

Guest gjak1117

i honestly don't think that one could make a case for the wizards. atkins was a throw in, he will not make the wiz a better team, the only real player that the wiz got was antonio daniels. Ur talking about a team in the same conference as indiana, detroit, miami, and cleveland. If you think the wizards are going to get out of the first round, that's a stretch.

I would watch out for the pacers. With that full arsenal, and more importaintly, with dale davis (it's more significant than some think, davis will give oneal time to rest, so oneal can be more effective when he's on the court) and with a MAJOR chip on their shoulders, i wouldn't be suprised if they had an eastern conference showdown with Miami.

With Miami, remember the last time G-money played with Shaq? The court was too damn crowded, g, malone, kobe and shaq, it didn't work. You just wonder how many big name players you need to win a championship. Detroit won with some big name guys, yea, but all those players developed together, so they didn't have any chemistry issues.

It would be interesting to keep an eye out for the T-wolves, with Jaric playing on that team. Kevin Mckale seems to think he's the missing link (a la the offseason activity, or lack thereof). Don't count on bracey wright or mccants to have any impact on that teams final record.

Houston will be contenders this year too. They've got an extreeemly athletic backcourt now, and a young developing center who can spot up and shoot. When teams go man to man on Yao and if he's popping jumpers at the freethrow line, expect swift and alston to murder the opposition in the middle. Sorry Mavs fans, Dampier is not the best center in the NBA, not even in the West. The mavs don't make it out of the west.

Well, the favorites to repeat? Spurs. Need i say more?

agreed... except i don't know that payton will cause too much trouble... and i don't really want the spurs to win again...

alston will take away extra touches and shots from yao and others. payton coming off the bench isn't a problem, the guy knows that he doesn't have to be some prolific scorer, but someone that can provide solid mins, assists and defence. the offence is pretty much defaults to the rest of the lineup.

Alston's a good 3 point shooter, he'll knock a lot of threes down when Yao draws double teams.

Guest plusone

i REALLY REALLY hope SOMEBODY ANYBODY (except detroit) will massacre the spurs in the playoffs

but unfortunately it proly wont happen

Guest thelivinlegend21

If the Heat can keep their egos in check, they're probably the next best team next to the Spurs. In terms of raw talent, they're definitely up there with them. It's just up to how the coaching staff works in getting the players to play as a team and not as individuals. Who knows, maybe the Suns will emerge as champs due to the change in the front court. Either way, it'll be an interested, yet lopsided season, with the Spurs, Heat, and Pistons dominating all the way through.

Guest iamsh3d

why are so many ppl so high on Wizards this year?? i think they are one of the overrated teams this upcoming season.... 1) Hughes is gone.. sure they replaced him with Butler, Atkins and Antonio Daniels, but i dont see them doing a good enough job to replace what Larry did... and they still lack frontcourt... and Alston is overrated.. he has handles and what not... but he's known to be a problem player... and Mike James is VERY underrated in my opinion... he's almost opposite of Alston.. Alston may have skills... but i think Mike is more dependable and less likely to cause problems in the lockerroom/team chemistry area... and my top 3 picks from each division to win is....

West

Spurs (who i think will repeat)

Houston (i think they have best chance to over throw the champs

Pheonix (they lost their two swingman... but Man-child, Amare, is still the crazy, dunk-over anyone who stands in his way, freak.. and Marion is moved back to his SF position.. and the team is deeper)

East

Detroit (basically same team.. Larry gone, and Davis and Flip in)

Miami (great team on paper/video game.. but i still think problems will rise... but on a positive note... Shaq+Wade=still scary)

Indiana (Artest is back.. and they also added some key role players)

Guest whiterose

I would like to see Pacers and Houston champs.. haha if only... :D

Spurs will not repeat...i think... and Miami needs another year... hmm... this will be an interesting season. WAs one crazy offseason.

East

Detroit (basically same team.. Larry gone, and Davis and Flip in)

Miami (great team on paper/video game.. but i still think problems will rise... but on a positive note... Shaq+Wade=still scary)

Indiana (Artest is back.. and they also added some key role players)

Indiana and Detroit are both in the Central Division if I'm not mistaken. So anyway... the New Jersey Nets, Detroit Pistons, and Miami Heat may very well lead their respective divisions in my opinion. You can't tell me that the return of Jason Kidd, a healthy Richard Jefferson, and Vince Carter won't be a formidable eastern conference team this season.

Archived