NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest thelivinlegend21

^

Correct. Preseason is sort of like a tryout. You do well, you get to play. You don't, there's a nice seat on the bench for you during the regular season and post-season if your team is good enough.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gjak1117

^ beats me. but yeah, the starters really only got like 16 minutes apiece in some cases, not to mention the winning basket was scored by Miami's rookie in that game, so it's not that good of a guage as to how the teams will play.

Guest Divine Hand

The East is top stacked (Heat, Pacers, Pistons). The East is fully back and all those "East-West" jokes you used to hear about the West being so much better are about to end.

Guest gjak1117

^yup yup it's true. hopefully all those allan houston jokes will end this season too... O_O... probably not.

But yeah, things are starting to look up in the East.

Guest Ginoizzle

dats a long time....

He'll prolly be out a lil longer than that...u knoe them media -_-

Always saying 2 weeks...but ends up being 4

Anyways, I guess Amare is off my top 5 picks for yahoo fantasy

Guest epark1281

just finished watching the rockets preseason game (praaaiiise tha LOORRDDDAH for NBAtv), and let me tell you, the back court looks scary. Check out the three point shooters, Wesley, T-Mac, Alston, Jon Barry, Anderson, and Luther Head (from Dah U, of Illinois that is! Hail orange and blue!) looked pretty damn good at the three point line. And the front looks much more solid than last year, with a healthy Howard and Lonny Baxter certainly looks like he could give the front court some depth and toughness. And then there's the athleticism...

close your eyes and picture this if you will...Some poor soul misses a basket on the offensive end, alston picks up the loose ball, tosses a no looker down the court to T-Mac, and right when the defense converges on him, he dumps the ball off to a cutting swift for an earth shattering dunk.

Western Conference, Beware.

Guest Divine Hand

Just finished watching the Boston-Cleveland game. Pierce looks to be in good shape and his offensive is strong. Reed and Gomes were nice for the younger players, showing strength and finishing in the lane. Marcus Banks is an excellent defender. On Cleveland's side, they won despite James not playing (super minor strain, prolly could have played but you never push anything in the preseason). Luke Jackson was just bombing shots and Damon Jones nailed a few jumpers as well. Good floor spacing, good coaching and excellent chemistry. Cleveland impressed me (and Big Z showed his versatile skill set once again).

Guest iamsh3d

Joe Johnson... ignore his 6 turnovers and he had pretty good stats :D .. (not a "Joe playing point" fan..) i think he SERIOUSLY screwed himself over by going into the Hawks....

Guest lxxFumoffuxxl

^ Agreed, I don't think the Hawks are going anywhere despite the Joe Johnson trade. However, Phoenix seems to be doing ok with Raja Bell and James Jones in the line-up in the backcourt along with Boris Diaw.

Guest gjak1117

Golden State 93

LA Lakers 101 Final

Utah 102

Toronto 101 FinalOT

San Antonio 88

Philadelphia 100 Final

Milwaukee 85

Minnesota 77 3:50 4th

Chicago 58

Memphis 74 9:03 4th

Orlando 45

Houston 51 7:56 3rd

Charlotte 64

Atlanta 68 6:00 3rd

jeez... bulss getting it handed to them... but again, this is preseason...

Guest epark1281

SPurs 0-2... lost to philli 100 - 88 step it up?

The preseason is for players who are on the edge of being cut. you seriously don't expect for pops to play duncan, manu, and parker for 35 min? The preseason means nothing. Didn't we all learn that from the NFL preseason? I, and coaches alike, could care about a preseason record. They're out to find out who will make the team, how and where to play who, and who can do what. Preseason is 150% meaningless.

Guest Divine Hand

I surfed the web and found some Bulls fans giving the business to Michael Sweetney. They are very blunt and frank and that's why I love visiting them. Anyways, this is what they said about Sweetney...

Did you see the game? The guy is Oliver Miller fat. He makes Eddy look like Amare. I think that the Oliver Miller comparison is pretty close, soft hands...fat...slow...fat...5 inch vertical...fat...wish he wasn't fat...short career...because of fat...can't play 40 minutes...chubby...not skinny.

He is like 280. He sweats when he thinks about how fat he is. He has to lose 30 pounds to be as fat as Eddy was when Eddy was fat. He is short too. He can't play center. He is fat. Did I mention that he is fat. That shows disrespect to himself, the team, and the game.

Real people have to work hard jobs in factories and construction to make 30k a year. This guy makes $2,200,000 a year...and he just eats. Anyone working in a factory would work out 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year to make $2.2 million. And if you don't think so, you have never worked in a factory. This guy is a loser. He is fat.

Guest JuWon6o

people are like this every preseason. don't worry one bit becuase the top teams will start their dominace once the regular season starts. i'm interested in how the hawks and clippers will do in preseason though and also this andrew bogut guy, i want to see if he is for real. so much hype on him...also i forgot, nate robinson.

Guest EYJAYJAY

LOL wow. i just read the news about how houston is gonna get sidelined for a week for sore knee, and he may possible get another surgery this season.

Archived