Restaurant Review Thread

Guest papabear

Guest asianguyno2

Geisha House

6633 Hollywood Blvd

Hollywood, CA 90028

www.geishahousehollywood.com

the food was okay but wayyy overpriced, i shouldve guessed -____- you're really paying for the name and environment. but i do suggest their Rock Shrimp Tempura and Bacon wrapped cherry tomatoes.

Agreed but a lot of these hip places overcharge for their sushi and dim sum and it's nowhere as good as a cheaper more authentic place.

I think the best part of my experience there was our server. There was only one of her and a bunch of us for my birthday and she kept up with us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LDY_GOOK

Place : Fire & Ice [ other states have them too, but i`m talking about the one in boston, near arlington]

Cost : about 10 dollars for lunch, and 13-14 for dinner not including drinks.

Rating: 5 stars.

it`s kinda like a buffet here. they have "stands" with uncooked food, like pasta, other types of carbs like udon and stuff, and then they have fish, chicken, sausage, sometimes shark meat, burger patties, things like that. oh and there`s corn and tofu and just a variety of foods. you take what you want, put it in a bowl, and then you go to the condiment counter, where you take another seperate cup, put in how much sauce you want in that cup, then bring the bowl and the cup to the grill, where there are cooks who cook the food for you. the wait`s not that long, usually 5 minutes, 10 at the most. and while you wait, there`s a salad bar of sorts to enjoy :rolleyes: . if you take one trip, it`s around 5 or 6 dollars. but if you want to go back and get more food it`s 9.95, i`m pretty sure, but it`s close to 10. and if you come after 3, its 13-14. they also have fondue and things like that on the menu. it`s a reallly good place. really accomodating, and the waiters/waitresses are super nice. and the atmosphere's fantastic. personal favorite of mine and cheap too :D

Guest its ginny XD

I recomend Cha For Tea!!! hehe It's a tea bar and restaurant. Fairly Asian but very great tasting pearl drinks!!

http://www.chafortea.com/

Coconut Crush (one of my favorite drinks being advertised on youtube for fun)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest watcher

Mr. Pizza

(corner of wilshire and st. andrews, ktown LA)

they have normal pizzas that people eat everyday, but also a select handful of pizzas that seem to define the new wave of korean fusion-style pizza that we always hear about in the motherland. i had the potato gold pizza the other day, which was topped with bacon, ground beef, potato wedges, sour cream and a multitude of other toppings that blend together in perfect harmony. in addition, unlike most pizzas where the good part ends right before the crust, the potato pizza i had had sweet potato filled crusts topped with cheese that simply melts in your mouth! if there was any pizza that deserved to be called heavenly, this potato gold pizza would be it!

there are other interesting fusion selections as well, like bulgogi pizza and nude shrimp pizza, which i plan on trying in future visits. but after my first, i have to say this place deserves at least a visit by anyone who loves pizza and is wiling to try something significantly new.

the prices are a little bit more expensive than the usual pie. costs range from $13~20 for a regular (10') pizza. go in groups and try a taste! enjoy!!!

Guest silvertaz

HWANG HAE DO!!!

They sell almost everything from yummy nengmyun to mandoo (dumplings) and KOREAN BBQ!!

WHY THIS PLACE IS GREAT:

1. Main specials are korean BBQ and mandoo/dumplings. They HANDMAKE each of their dumplings. yes, EACH one is HANDMADE and all ingredients are FRESH.

2. The Korean BBQ is the best deal EVER. If you go to shikdorak or other Korean BBQ places, you get like only a small portion of meat. But at hwang hae do, meat portions are HUGE and you definitely get more than your money's worth compared to the other korean BBQ places (this is for the raw BBQ u order and cook on the grill in front of you). The first time i orderd korean bbq there i was like DANG thats a lotta meat.

3. THe mool nengmyun is the bomb. Last time i went it was on a lunch special for 2.99 each...best deal ever....the spicy nengmyun is the bomb too ^_^

4. Not only do they handmake their own dumplings/mandoo, they also make their own kimchi, and it tastes soooo yummy.

5. OH and another thing about their dumplings...they're really different because they're north korean style...and like NO other place makes north korean style dumplings. The founder/maker of the dumplings is a grandma who escaped from north korea during the korean war and brought her recipe with her. In my opinion...the fried kimchi dumplings are the best.

OK so where is this place located?

Theres quite a few...

- 1 in garden grove, CA on garden grove blvd. It's right across the street from Boba Loca (near arirang market). Actually the cross streets are garden grove blvd. and gridly or something..SOMETHING with a "GRI" in it lol

- another one in cerritos. forgot what street it was on

Anyways, theres like 5 of them out there total, but the one i always go to is the one is garden grove. The one in garden grove is SUPER nice and they give me free food as "service" all the time! ^_^.

AND OMG, they have this brown dipping sauce for the galbi, and its SOOO good :rolleyes: ....it comes in a little dish when u order galbi. i always mix some sauce in my rice, and eat it with the galbi!

Oh gosh, I didn't know that they have branches. Over the valley (San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles area), they had one open. The cook and waitress are super friendly. I love their mandoo, dweji gogi, spicy naeng myon, everything. (Ugh, I'm hungry now) I love that place!

• 2 weeks later...

King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restuarant

Torrance, CA

Everybody knows about their bread, but not too many people know that they also have a restaurant open in Torrance, CA. It's very popular with the Torrance locals.

It's naturally a Hawaiin Restuarant so they serve stuff like Beef Teriyaki, Chicken Katsu, Saimin, Loco Moco, etc.

Guest someday4_2

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned the Ninja restuarant in 25 Hudson Street, NY, NY 10013

But i'm planning to take my cousin there for her birthday. Does anyone know if it's worth it, I heard it's really expensive but if it's going to be fun n tasty then I don't mind. Also any recommended dish from there?

Guest urbanature

Restaurant: Ruen Pair (Thai)

1045 San Pablo Ave.

Albany, CA 94706

(510)528-2375

I love this restaurant. It's not very large, but it has a very mellow decor and the employees are super polite. I go there often with my mom and my friend, so often that one of the waitresses has memorized our "usual" order >D I love the way they remember who you are.

Most of their dishes are very spicy, so if you're a fan of hot food, this is the place to go. Their prices are affordable, and their food is plated for sharing so everyone can have a taste.

Favorite Appetizers: Angel Wings (chicken) & Papaya Salad

Favorite Entrees: Rad Na (noodles) & Spicy Thai Fried Rice with Basil

I don't eat much of their dessert, but their fried banana and sticky rice isn't bad at all. =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3

heh ill review yoshinoya, the chain restaurant.

Yoshinoya - JAPANESE fastfood

Location: world wide; japan, korean, taiwan, hk, etc. there's some in cali

Rating: 5/5

Review: GREAT for the prices. yoshinoya is famous for its beef bowls

z43174808.jpg

omfg.

yoshinoya.. DROOOL

to bad they dont have any here where i live.

i remember bak in the day whre i used to live

i ate there a lott. but i hate how their beef almost chokd me 10 times. LOL -_-;

Guest ceinnoc

Best Tiramisu ever!!!<3

Name: Konditor Meister ( ***** 5 stars)

You can get a 9 inch cake for

24.50 which is wicked cheap

This place sells fine European pastries which are delicious you

can get anything from Cannolis to fruit tarts (:

Located: Braintree, Massachusetts

CHEESE CAKE FACTORY

-------------------wesbite

Located in Copley Place, Boston

-------------------no history

-------------------good attire

Prices: $12 - $20+

MY DINNER: Chicken Special

SPECIALS: Chicken

------------------business hours/#

RECOMMENDATION: YES. i loved it.

the portions were very good for the cost.

yummy.

[edit] yoshinoya @ Times Square ..

I didn't like it. the food was like microwaved or something.

the miso soup was not worth the $1. it was like crappy and

not really special. though the place was pretty clean and quiet.

• 1 month later...
Guest mz simmonz

replying to misslily : HK Tea&Sushi is actually one of my fave neighborhood eateries! I'm not a huge fan of their bland versions of traditional quickie Chinese dishes like noodle soups and this and that over rice (I'd rather go to Big Wong for that) but their baked spaghetti and seaweed kani salad are actually really good!

I know people already reviewed this one, but I'd like to add my 2 cents haha.

SERENDIPITY 3

dip12.jpg

*website* http://www.serendipity3.com/

*location* NYC

(specifically 225 E 60th St, New York 10022

Btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave, it's near Bloomingdale's)

*REVIEW*

I went here several times because my girlfriends looove coming here for their birthdays for some reason.

This place is probably one of the most overrated places in NYC. Everytime I hear someone tell me they love Serendipity 3, I just roll my eyes at how bad their taste is. Most girls who like it just like it because of the movie and the seemingly "romantic" atmosphere. The only thing "romantic" about it is the Victorian-style mirrors and frames and pink cloudy things on the ceiling but once you notice all the teeny boppers around, it's not so romantic. The food is nothing special, just overpriced burgers and sandwiches. And might I add, any place that serves hotdogs along with a hefty price tag instantly loses their credibility.BUUUT their desserts are quite good, I have to say..gigantic sundaes that tower over your head and a huge serving of their famous Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate is the only thing I like from their menu (for $8.50 it better be good! haha). As for the interior, it has a lot of odds and ends, memorablia, and I think some vintage Tiffany lamp shades..to me, it looks like a a tiny upper east side apartment randomly decorated by a little old lady. The wait is HORRRENDOUSLY LONG!!! the restaurant itself is terribly cramped and the service is absent. I've been to cramped, hole in the wall places with crappy service but guess what? at least the food was worth it & this place is NOT WORTH IT. unfortunately, another one of my girlfriends wants to have a get together at this dreaded place...I secretly hope she'll change her mind and have us walk down the street to California Pizza Kitchen and have dessert at Dylan's Candy Bar on the corner HAHA. There are much, MUCH better places in NYC with similar food for the same price or lower. For visitors to NYC, don't even bother coming here, it's not even a memorable experience unless you like crappy experiences, lol. If you enjoy fine dining, quality food, great ambiance, food thats worth your money, this is not the place for you. Every local diner I've been to has been a better experience than Serendipity's.

*rating* (1/5 stars)

also, has anyone been to Almond Flower Bistro? it seems so out of place on Bowery Street in Chinatown since it's all modern and chic with dim lights...the menu sounds great though.

Guest novemberbaby

Cafe Mami

Porter Square Exchange Building, Porter Square, Cambridge, MA.

Rating: * * * * *

This place has the best Japanese hamburgers in MA. The prices aren't expensive. I think my meal was about $7-8 and it included rice, a side salad, and miso soup. The meat was delicious and I was sooo full afterwards.

It's a pretty packed place and the wait is usually 15 minutes.

What I had there: Teriyaki Hamburg & green tea smoothie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koneee

*Hawgs Seafood Bar

*http://www.hawgsseafoodbar.com/

*San Jose and Campbell, CA

*Casual, can be semi-formal. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere. You can be seated at a booth, table or bar.

*$$-$$$ (Well, when I went with my boyfriend, the bill came out to 40 bucks for us)

*We started off with:

This VERY VERY good salsa dip they made with some bread.

6 fresh oysters on the half-shell *YUMMMY!!!. (My boyfriend had 1 oyster shooter)

Calamari (Oh man that was soooo good)

Linguine and Clams Pasta(I'm not a fan of marinara sauce *my bf picked it) so I kind of got sick of the pasta. BUT THEY GIVE YOU SOOOO MUCH CLAMS!!!!) Yumm :]

*Just a bunch of seafood!

*You can go to the website for more details.

*I WOULD DEFINITELY COME BACK HERE AGAIN!!! My bf took me here because I had the hugest seafood craving, and after walking out of that restaurant, I just wanted more seafood (my cravings remain!)

**** out of 5 starts :]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest theanonymousafro

The Original Pancake House

OriginalPancakeHouse

-In every state in the west and most in the east

-I went to in Los Vegas,Nevada and want to go in California

-Casual setting

-Good prices

-I had Buckwheat Pancakes ,Apple Pancake and tasted some others that I can't remember

-Pancakes with signatures Apple Pancake(almost like a pie),The Tahitian Maiden's Dream, Fresh Vegetarian Omelette, Corned Beef Hash Crepes

-If I could find in California I would go but all the locationsare a bit far from me.

Guest A Beautiful Struggle

anybody know of good korean pastry shops in Chicago, IL? or anywhere in Illinois. XD I dont mind traveling great lengths to get yummy pastries.

*Name of Restaurant: Kajok Hwajan 가족화잔 (on the door it says 'A Korean Family Restaurant')

*appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual

*Price range - ~US$15 all you can eat

*what you ate: Korean BBQ baby, naengmyun was included with what we ate, but I was so full from the meat I couldn't eat it. Plus all the banchan =d

*the business hours, the phone number: don't really know since friends took me, but we were there from around 7:15-8:45pm-ish

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know: I haven't been to many Korean BBQ places before, but this place is my favorite. Excellent food and the service is top notch. The wait staff kept coming by our table to refill our banchan, lettuce, water, and all you can eat meat. We didn't even really need to ask for more, they just brought it themselves when they saw plates empty. This for a restaurant that doesn't even have the bell system. They were just real friendly overall, didn't even make fun of me when I tried to ask for more water in my bad Korean xD.

Guest femme.fatale`

Prince Cafe (Hwang Tae Ja)

*brief history: been there for like 10 years almost. interior is very nice. so unlike korean but sells korean food. it has a very old england renaissance feeling. very red and regal.

*attire: casual

*Price range: 10-25 / per dish. depending on what you order

*what you ate: chicken. nakji bokeum. dduk buk kki. o yea and soju. lol

*the specialties the restaurant offers: chicken chicken chicken. the best cant get any better

*the business hours: 4PM - 2AM

* the phone number: 213 389 1586

* Other Info: defenitely would eat there every day. i ve got friends who take out their chicken every day. a whole lot of white folks too. service is absolutely incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cyberfruit

Cheesecake Factory

First Colony Mall, Sugar Land, Texas

Casual

$10-$30

Spicy Jamaican flavored shrimp with rice and mango salsa

Cheesecake.

I went to this restaurant for my birthday...yeah, shouldn't have done that. I was disappointed with the food. They said spicy; it wasn't even near spicy. The rice has absolutely no flavor and the mango salsa was disgusting. I tried mixing the sauce of the shrimp with the rice to give it flavor, but that backfired completely. I also had the Dulce de Leche cheescake and could only stomach a bite. Our waiter was very nice, though.

Overall, I would not visit this restaurant again. Completely overrated. I should have just gone to Kona Grill next door.

Guest &teekayy;

SATO SUSHI

http://www.satosushi.com

5526 Monterey rd. San Jose, CA 95138

(408) 224-6600

hours:

Mon & Fri: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm

4:30 pm - 10:00 pm

Saturday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm

Sunday: 11:30 am - 9:30 pm

Attire; Casual

Price; like any other sushi place

Comments: I love Sato Sushi <3 It is my favorite sushi place. It is served REALLY REALLY fresh (the main reason why I absolutely love this place ;D) , and the service isn't bad. They have a lot of things on the menu to choose from. The environment isn't bad, either. The price is VERY good for the food, too. When I went with about... five people, the bill came out to be $106. When it's three people.. it was about 80$. It's not too pricey, considering how wonderful and fresh their sushi is. :D I love this place.

5/5 stars :D

Archived