Restaurant Review Thread

Guest papabear

Guest shini0222

Shanghai Cafe

Loation: 100 Mott St, New York 10013 (Between Canal & Hester St)

They have the best Shanghai Steamed Buns to me, but their other dishes are just like any other restaurants. They're service was horrible though. They give you an attitude when taking your order and it's a bit hard to get their attention. When I left my camera and went back to get it, they pried for more tips. Their steamed buns are undeniable though. x3

DSC07881.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xkasumi

Restaurant Name: Korean Garden Restaurant

Location: Allston, MA. Off Harvard Ave on the Green Line. (B Branch)

Attire: Casual Wear

Price Range: $10-15 gets you a very good and big meal.

Food I Ate: Kalbi tang.

Restaurant Number: (617) 562-8989

I would definitely dine there again! The food is delicious and more than I could've eaten. There are plenty of food to be able to share with a friend in one bowl/order.

• 4 weeks later...

TRATTORIA

this is an italian restaurant located at the fifth floor of the said mall. my family and i often eat here whenever we drop by the mall.

casual clothes are okay

i often order their carbonara (so good!) and have blue berry cheesecake for dessert (delish!) :)

it's very affordable for something that tastes really great and the servings are plenty too :)

i think my meals around $10 only hehhe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shikonari

* Name of Restaurant - Sal Grosso

* Website (if there is one) - http://www.salgrosso.com/

* Location - 1927 Powers Ferry Road Southeast

Atlanta, GA 30339

* Appropriate attire that should be worn - Semi-casual.

* Price range - $40/person

* What you ate - MEAT!

* The specialties the restaurant offers - It's a Brazillian steakhouse buffet... Basically all you can eat meat!

* The business hours, the phone number - (770) 850-1540

Open Weekdays 11:30am-10pm;

Sat 12pm-10:30pm

* State whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know

HELL YES. Holy crap... I usually am not a fan of steak... but this place was SO GOOD. It was juicy... tender... and the bottom sirloin was amazing... it tasted like BACON. The fillet minion was amazing too. The only thing I didn't like was the chicken sausage, because it was too dry for my taste. My mouth is watering just thinking about all of the other foods, though... omg *____*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest anonymours

*Name of Restaurant Tuscana West

*website (if there is one) http://www.tuscanawest.net/index2.htm

*location D.C. Region

*brief history Really fancy Italian place :)

*appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal something nice if possible, but not necessary

*Price range $20 for a main course, $10 or lower for salad or dessert

*what you ate Insalata Tuscana, Spinach Ravioli, and Tiramisu

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know I would dine there again but on special occasions. The ravioli was yummy but the salad was overpriced for what they served. Ask for a Roy Rogers too!

• 3 months later...
Guest .La.Dolce.Vita.

Name: Orchid's at Halekulani Restaurant

Appropriate attire: semi-formal. They do not allow people wearing jeans.

Price range: $$$

What I ate: Filet Mignon

Review: Excellent restaurant. It had a very nice ambience-- ocean side, with a guitar player at the front of the restaurant. The service was great. I liked my steak, it was tender and juicy. However, I was a bit disappointed because considering this was supposed to be a 4-5 star restaurant, I expected a lot more, and while the steak was still great, it wasn't something memorable. I could get a similar steak at Hy's. I did however really like the bread they gave us to start off with. It was a pizza bread, and my god it was heaven in your mouth. We had to ask for a second basket. Overall I do recommend this restaurant but because it's so pricy, I don't think I will go again any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Name of Restaurant Ninja

Website ninjanewyork.com

Location 25 Hudson Street New York, NY 10013

Attire Casual wear

Price range Expect to pay ~$50+ a person

what you ate Katana (for 2) - the Angus steak w/ Teriyaki steak was really good but everything else that was on it was only mediocre.

Batto Jutsu - this is an appetizer with tuna sashimi. It was delicious. I recommend it!

Ribeye steak- comes with 3-4 sauces. Really big. It wasn't amazing but it was good.

Rose Chocolate - not worth it, it's just chocolate. lol

Ninja Star - their desserts aren't amazing but the tricks it comes with are fun

the specialties the restaurant offers The decor is like a NINJA~ CAVE. Waiters are dressed as ninjas and introduced as ninjas! Every now and then there are tricks and stuff. Very fun place.

If I only went once, Ninja would have gotten a 4.5/5 from me... but because I went twice the excitement wasn't really there so I'll be giving it a 3.5/5.

this place is definitely a, ONLY GO THERE ONCE place for me...because after the first time nothing surprises you anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*Name of Restaurant: Zea Rotisserie & Grill

*website (if there is one): http://www.zearestaurants.com/site.php

*appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal: Casual

*Price range: 20-40$ a person

*what you ate: Thai Ribs with corn grits and more corn grits

*the specialties the restaurant offers: Thai Ribs and Corn Grits! Yum yum.

*the business hours, the phone number: (504) 520-8100

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know: I DINE THERE at least once a month. The Thai Ribs are sooooo moist and delicious! If you're a picky eater, I'm not sure if you'll enjoy the corn grits, but they're freaking amazing to me. If you're a Vegetarian, you MUST try their Veggie Panini. It has grilled portobello mushrooms, cheese (I can't remember which kind), spinach, some type of spread, some more goods and dipping sauce. If you come to New Orleans or some other place that has Zea. (And so far, everything I ever ordered on their menu was pretty good.)

Guest lovesalang

I just entered a contest about korean food. Its hosted by the guys over at eat your kimchi. I would appreciate it if everyone could check out my blog at http://muse4evr.wordpress.com/ and if you could give me any support or suggestions on what i should do. thanks

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

TJ Asian Bistro

http://www.tjsushi.com/

50-19 Skillman Ave. Woodside, NY 11377 (Queens)

Very modern Chinese/Japanese restaurant.

Casual, but also dressy

$10-$30

I always eat here. Usually order the 3 rolls + soup lunch combo for $10.50, also the hidden mango roll. YUM!

(718)205-2088

I always eat here. Delivery is really random at times, at night there's always A LOT of people. I think this place gives my neighborhood a good reason to come.

• 5 months later...
Guest Hatori79

For those living in Sydney, Australia

*Name of Restaurant - Altitude Restaurant

*website - http://www.36levelsabove.com.au/

*location Shangri-la Hotel, The Rocks.

*appropriate attire - Smart casual.

*Price range - Roughly $30AUD a dish, $10AUD for bottled water and from $20AUD for a glass cocktails/glass of (cheap) wine/beer

*what you ate - Three courses of vegetarian dinner with petite fours.

*the specialties the restaurant offers - Seasonal food (i think)

IMHO, one of the top restaurants in Sydney that I've tried to date. Service is excellent, staff would go overboard to satisfy us.

Flavours were good, could still remember the experience even after several months since I've dined there. Will definitely dine there again.

Price is a killer, but it is well worth it.

• 3 months later...
Guest Etoiile

For Montreal, Canada people, I strongly recommend this Korean Restaurant ^_^

Chez Bong

1021, boul. St-Laurent corner Viger

Montreal, QC, H2Z 1J4 <-- China Town

Price Range : It really depends what you order, but it would be between 10$ ~ 40$

That's my favorite korean restaurant in town. I also tried 5000ans but it wasn't as good as Chez Bong. I usually order Dolsot Bibimbap.

The specialties the restaurant offer : This restaurant is well known for the famous Bibimbap, but there's also bulgogi and other korean bbq which are excellent.

Phone Number : (514) 396-7779

I would definitely dine there again since it's my fave korean restaurant from Montreal hehe :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest velvetdragonflies

Union League Cafe - New Haven. I always heard about it, but took the time to go down this weekend and it was good. Not the best french food I had, but it was worth it for the money.

LITTLE HENRY'S ITALIAN FOOD

955 LARKIN STREET

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109

TEL: (415) 776-1757

this is a very nice little Italian restaurant in the Tenderloin in SF , the owner is from Cambodia, he's a very nice guy and they have excellent service.

the prices are cheap and they give big servings! I order their specials and pasta dishes , they also serve sandwiches, burgers, breakfast

Archived