Restaurant Review Thread

Guest papabear

Guest wtfitzbrian

ahhh yummy! everything here sounds so goood!

ive been to portos in glendale and their potato ball things are soooo goooddd

if u have a bunch of friends and want good cheap food

you should go to hooters in pasadena!

they have reallly goood wings!

it costs like 30 dollars for 50 wings!!

50 wings is enough for like 4-5 people so its a great deal

though being young and going with other girls its kinda weird cuz all the girls are wearing really skimpy outfits @.@

but the wings are good! no doubt about that haha

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HaneSorano

I recently travelled to NYC and we ate at this small Korean restaurant in Brooklyn.

It was by far the best Korean food I'd ever eaten.

Even my brothers agreed it was the juiciest and most succulent kalbi he'd ever had.

The dukboki was REALLY good as well and ... ah, I could go on for days.

Too bad I don't live in the area. =[

The place is called Kim Chee Korean Restaurant? Sorry, IDK the details because we just randomly chose from a list on our GPS. >.<''

They have meals a la carte as well as bbq and I think there was hot pot?

Price range? I think the dukboki was $12? I'm not sure. Or was that the kalbi? The bulgolgi? Aish. I don't remember. =___=''

The service was really great as well =]

Guest mz simmonz

I recently travelled to NYC and we ate at this small Korean restaurant in Brooklyn.

It was by far the best Korean food I'd ever eaten.

Even my brothers agreed it was the juiciest and most succulent kalbi he'd ever had.

The dukboki was REALLY good as well and ... ah, I could go on for days.

Too bad I don't live in the area. =[

The place is called Kim Chee Korean Restaurant? Sorry, IDK the details because we just randomly chose from a list on our GPS. >.<''

They have meals a la carte as well as bbq and I think there was hot pot?

Price range? I think the dukboki was $12? I'm not sure. Or was that the kalbi? The bulgolgi? Aish. I don't remember. =___=''

The service was really great as well =]

Ooh, I think I might know what place you're referring to, since there are really few known Korean restaurants in Brooklyn..was it on the corner of the block? if so then it must've been the on in Bay Ridge (93rd Street & 3rd Ave) to my surprise they did have really excellent Korean food, I had no idea Brooklyn even had a Korean population until I went to eat there. thumbs up for sure!

My review: NoNO Kitchen (stands for North of New Orleans...Cajun&Creole food)

Location: Brooklyn (7th ave & 7th street) small, charming restaurant and in nice weather, the entire front of the restaurant doors/windows are opened up

Price: most dishes are $10-$20 I think

Food: po' boy sandwhiches, gumbo, fried oysters..YUM.

Return: definetely.

Guest youre sexy <3

restaurant: Sushi Samba Rio

location: chicago (there are other locations throughout the states as well)

price: $$$$

review: i like to call it a twist on japanese, as much of their menu seems to revolve around japanese food; however, they also feature many entrees that are a mix of several different types of cuisine, although i'm not quite sure what those are. For appetizers, i highly recommend trying their calamari and seared otoro kobe beef (it's a spin on beef tataki and super yummy!!) Their main entrees were rather delightful, but i could definitely do without the high price tags. As for sushi, i was not at all impressed with their shrimp tempura maki (as it only consisted of the shrimp tempura wrapped in rice,) but i have to say that many of their "samba rolls" are rather impressive. All in all, it's a great experience, and although there were a few dishes that i loved (*cough* otoro kobe beef *cough*), i'm not sure that i would jump at the opportunity to return.

Guest ig0r0ar

Pho 79

727 N Broadway Ste 120

Los Angeles, CA 90012-2886

(213) 625-7026

I GIVE PHO 79 ***** (5/5 STARS BABY! lol)

They make the best Pho compared to other places. Prices are cheap compared to the one in Las Vegas.

What users are saying

Prompt seating: yes

Make reservations: no

Romantic: no

Good for kids: yes

Cuisines:

· Vietnamese, Fast Food

Price:· $

Payment:· Cash

Special Features:

· Kid Friendly

· Lunch Spot

· Cheap Eats

OMG HELL YEAH!! THAT'S MY FAV PHO PLACE!! I eat the vermecelli :D

Guest keirasketch

http://www.rameniac.com/

This guy has a lot of good Ramen Restaurant Reviews in the US

* chicago

* honolulu

* los angeles

* new york

* orange county

* san diego

* san francisco

* san jose

* seattle

and Japan

Omg I love that guy ahhahahaah and ramen♥

I'm going to go to Asa soon D: mmmmm

Mine:

On Dal Kkot gae jjim

It's in K-town.. somewhere on 8th st near Dong Suh Hotel (or same building?)

They specialize in spicy crab stew (kkot gae jjim)

but I definately reccomend the spicy beef rib stew (mae woon gal bi tang) SO GOOD

you can choose to have them fry rice in some of the soup left over, FRIKKEN HEAVENLY

their side dishes are awesome too

Guest watcher

Omg I love that guy ahhahahaah and ramen♥

I'm going to go to Asa soon D: mmmmm

Mine:

On Dal Kkot gae jjim

It's in K-town.. somewhere on 8th st near Dong Suh Hotel (or same building?)

They specialize in spicy crab stew (kkot gae jjim)

but I definately reccomend the spicy beef rib stew (mae woon gal bi tang) SO GOOD

you can choose to have them fry rice in some of the soup left over, FRIKKEN HEAVENLY

their side dishes are awesome too

haha... i ate there yesterday. quite nice!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest azn_chick91

Name of Restaurant: Haus of Pizza

address: 12912 S. Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove, CA

brief history: i've been going there since i was really young, and the owners there are really nice. the food is great and the prices are fair as well. they've been there for over 20 years now...what more can i say?

appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal: casual

Price range: it's really cheap compared to other italian restaurants; their sandwiches are less than $5 (for a LARGE!), their pasta doesn't go past $9 (AND it includes salad/soup and garlic bread!!!)...they also have buckets of chicken, bbq ribs, other dinners like shrimp and stuff like that...the only thing is that their pizza may be priced a little higher than pizza hut and dominos, but it is SOOOO worth it ^^

what you ate: i've eaten almost everything there...from the pizza, to the pasta, to the sandwiches..etc. everything's good xD

the specialties the restaurant offers: well..everything is special xD iono...like i said above, they have a lot of different kinds of food

state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know : i go there every week xD anyways..it's a small restaurant, family owned. they only have a few workers there, so when it's busy...the service is kind of slow...but the food is WELL worth the wait. if you go there often enough, the workers will recognize you (and your order if you order the same thing every time >.>) xD very nice restaurant and AWESOME food ^^

*Name of Restaurant Mc Donalds

*location Rome near the spanish steps

*brief history: it's pretty crowd because it's the first McDonalds in rome. People dislike it. I can see why.. it's pretty dirty, the toilets are not that hygiene. They even took very long time to bring our orders. They only opened a few for people to orders. They set out newbies for crowded costumers.

*Price range : cheap

*what you ate: sundae

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know :

I would never go back there to eat! they took over 15 mins to get fries for my friend and my sundae melt before it got to me. >_<

Guest xm1chelle

I apologize if this was already reviewed. My internet is too slow to afford scrolling through 6 pages.

*Name of Restaurant: CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN

*website (if there is one): http://www.cpk.com/

*appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal: Not a formal restaurant with gourmet dishes, but ... dress decently, I guess.

*Price range: Pretty reasonable ... in the $10s.

*what you ate:

I recommend the famous CPK pizza:

Original Barbeque Chicken Pizza -

the_original_barbeque_chicken.jpg

The spicy Chipotle pizza:

chipotle_chicken.jpg

Love the fettuccine:

fettuccine_with_garlic_cream_sauce.jpg

Oohh, the appetizers are so good! Epecially the Avocado Club Egg Rolls:

avocado_club_egg_rolls.jpg

& try the salads!:

thai_crunch_salad.jpg

+Dessert:

white_choc_pb_cheesecake.jpg

*the specialties the restaurant offers: Pizzas, Pastas, Soups, Hot or Cold Sandwiches, Appetizers, Salads, Desserts, Beverages.

*the business hours, the phone number: Check the web!

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know: Definitely! I love the restaurant's atmosphere. The service is efficient, and every entree includes bread and butter. One pizza can be shared for 3 people. Overall, it's a nice, cozy spot for some good American food. Not like the lame excuses for burgers and fries... like at, I don't know, Mimi's Cafe.

I would rate this 4 Stars! **** Because it's not something TOTALLY exquisite, but this is definitely a quality restaurant worth dining at!

those are my favorite pizzas...haha...but people shouldnt get the curry pizza since its overly sweet imo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xdaisiesx3

Dallas BBQ (http://www.bbqnyc.com/)

Location: I go to the one in Times Square, but there are a five more in New York.

Appropriate Attire: Casual

Price Range: Very cheap; Starts at seven dollars to about twenty per menu

This is my favorite restaurant because it's casual, cheap, yet SO GOOD. Their BBQ chicken never fails me - I love it. It's not a tiny restaurant either; it's actually a huge place and is in the center of Times Square - so it doesn't feel too casual but rather feels like you're living the city life, haha. It's a great place for a group of friends to go to. :)

Guest aiwae

Restaurants in Toronto

*Name of Restaurant: Congee Queen

*website (if there is one): congeequeen.com

*appropriate attire that should be worn: Casual

*Price range: Usually around $25 for two people with loads to take home too

*what you ate: Even though I'm not too fond of the name (very generic, boring) of this place, the food is always amazing and cheap. It's my go-to place. I always always have the pad thai whenever I go it's what they are known for, other than congee.

*the specialties the restaurant offers: Pad thai, congee, various other chinese food, deep fried donuts, mapo tofu, deep fried squid, the usual. if you're looking for chinese food this place has everything.

*the business hours, the phone number: see website

*i would definitely go again and again

5/5

*Name of Restaurant: Nagoya Japanese Restaurant (a.y.c.e)

*Price range: $17.99 for weekdays, around $22 for weekends

*the specialties the restaurant offers: spicy salmon rolls, salmon rose

*there are many japanese ayce places in Toronto. why do I like this one? because 1) it is not crowded like the other places 2) price is good 3) service is good = makes for an enjoyable experience

5/5

*Name of Restaurant: Ajisen Ramen

*location: I think two locations in Toronto, yonge st and the T&T Warden Square

*Price range: $17 for two approx.

*the specialties the restaurant offers: Noodle bowls

this place is pretty good...when it is not super crowded. The portions are just right for me but may be too little for other people. But the noodle bowls are warm and delicious

3.5/5

*Name of Restaurant: Go for tea

Someone already reviewed this place but I second this place. Very good place to go for bbtea with people your age and enjoy a magazine or just talk.

Guest shortnsweet

restaurant - Gregoires

website - http://www.gregoirerestaurant.com/

location - Berkeley, CA

history - I think the chef used to work at a 5 star restaurant

attire - Casual

price - $ for lunch, $$ for dinner

what you ate - Potato puffs, and grilled steak flank with truffles on a baguette

specialty - potato puffs

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know

It's a tiny little takout place with maybe 2 tables. The menu changes monthly and portions may be a bit on the small side, but everything on the menu sounds soo good and gourmet hahaha. Just go to the site and read the menu and see if you don't start craving some really good food. I've eaten there like 3 times and it never fails to impress me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dael.K

*Matchbox

*Washington D.C.

*the building used to be something else, but they changed it into a chiq restraunt

*casual (it could be used for formal dinners)

*price is really reasonable, things are usually around 20

*i ate the spicy meatball pizza and mini burgers

*the mini burgers

*the mini burgers are just AMAZING! the meat is flavorful and tender

the service is even good

Guest kappow

Name ;; Arirang

Website ;;http://www.arirang.com.au/

Location ;; Barrack St, Perth, Western Australia

Appropriate Attire ;; Casual

Price Range ;; starts at around $9.90 - $38.50

What I Ate ;;beef bulgogi set menu, chilli squid set menu, bibimbap, chilli pork set menu, haemul jongol

Specialities ;;any of their Korean BBQs

Business Hours ;;Lunch and Dinner 7 Days

Come Again? ;;you can find me eating there most Sunday lunch time (;

• 3 weeks later...
Guest karacola

THE ROOT BEER STAND (aka A&W Root Beer Stand)

Located in Troy, Ohio - although there are many other locations. First opened in Ohio back in 1957 in a small railroad town. It was on the main road which is how it became so popular with it's location, food and family owned essence. Back then, a mug of Root Beer cost only .05 cents! It's most popular for it's drive-in carhop service. This is a casual place, so feel free to wear your PJs! The prices just make this place better. For a small drink - which for me is perfectly fine - is only .85 cents. Most items range from $.75-6.00 plus, they have specials everyday. There food is the basic American foods. The classics made better. Burgers, spanish dogs, fries or potato chips, many flavors or ice creams and toppings make this a great diner. I love going for ice cream. I always get fries and an orange drink to. On nice sunny days, they have a place outside to eat as well. Hours are 11am to 10pm daily. I will of course be back! If you like the classic burgers and fries or just a malt, go here!!

Here is the website, however this isn't the one I visited. Couldn't find a site for it ><

http://therootbeerstand.com

Guest femme.fatale`

Surawon

Number: 2133837317

Business Hours - m-sunday 7Am - 11PM

Rating: 10/10

Dress: Casual

Price: 7-28

Specialty - Suhl Lung Tang

What I had there: Water and Bibim Neng Myun, Hae Jang Gook, Sul luhng tang. OMG this has to be the best Korean foods i've tasted at any korean restaurant. they don't have a lot on the menu cuz they are more like a certin food specialty type restaurant but seriously everything was so great. my friends and i go there every week.

Would I go again?: Most Defenitely everything on their menu is so great and tasty. Recently they added Neng Myung to their menu and it'll rock your mouth so good. Never in Ktown have a tasted such good neng myun (esp.. bibim neng myun) and this is from someone who doesnt really like neng myun.

Guest lovexfionah

MELBOURNIANS !

SUSHIKO!

New Sushi Train restaurant in Glen Waverley, Melbourne !

The fourth? sushi train restaurant in Melbourne.

The chef there use to be the chef at the sushi train restaurant at MC.

Its across from Glen Waverley Station

GRAND OPENING TOMORROW !

ITS THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD ! ;D

Archived