Restaurant Review Thread

Guest papabear

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tlydia

^ for someone who lives in texas, i'd figure you'd love some of the local places. i LOVE an authentic AL PASTOR!!

^^

I do love the local places dork! :P But after awhile, those taquerias' food gets too greasy. Chipotle is delicious and their ingredients are organic. Hmm which one should I feed my unborn unchild. Organic ingredients or Yummy grease. Organic ingredients win this time. :P

But for anyone who lives in Houston, my favorite local taquerias is Taquerias Arandas. The food is delicious. Their enchilads is so good. But the service needs some help. ;) But for the very best authentic Mexican food comes from the little homey restaurants.

Guest mz simmonz

aw man Chipotle! I had some "Dessert Moon" mexican food and it does not compare to the deliciousness of Chipotle!

my recommendations I've been meaning to put up:

Italiano food:

TONY'S DI NAPOLI

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?h...earch=di+napoli

They have a location on the upper east side and one midtown. The black linguine IS TO DIE FOR !! Love family style Italian food as opposed to the touristy crap they serve in Little Italy or uppity expensive ones all over Manhattan.

Sushi:

TENZAN

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?h...erSearch=tenzan

The original opened in Brooklyn, they have 3 add'l locations in Manhattan. Amongst the many 50% gimmicky sushi joints, this place never offers such a deal (yet it isn't snooty or pricey) but is always packed. They have all the elements of a good sushi place.

Killen's Steakhouse

2804 South Main

Pearland, Texas 77581

Restaurant: 281-485-0844

http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/Content-P...?iID=-497966760

Basically, it's a little outside of Houston. I'm a big fan of steaks and I have to say, this place served the best steaks I've ever eaten. It was so good, we didn't even need steak sauce. If going there, I reccommend their kobe steaks. The bf and I really like this place alot. Don't let the outside appearance fool you, this place is very upscale. We found out the wrong way :sweatingbullets: The only negative about this restaurant is the price. Just for 2 people including tip was $300 :unsure:

Guest coreancc

Killen's Steakhouse

2804 South Main

Pearland, Texas 77581

Restaurant: 281-485-0844

http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/Content-P...?iID=-497966760

Basically, it's a little outside of Houston. I'm a big fan of steaks and I have to say, this place served the best steaks I've ever eaten. It was so good, we didn't even need steak sauce. If going there, I reccommend their kobe steaks. The bf and I really like this place alot. Don't let the outside appearance fool you, this place is very upscale. We found out the wrong way :sweatingbullets: The only negative about this restaurant is the price. Just for 2 people including tip was $300 :unsure:

OH MY WORD, I'VE BEEN THERE!!! On a business trip - the company paid for it. My boss was like, "you have to go try this place - and we are going to pay for it just so you can know." I have to admit, it was the best steak I've ever had, though I can't imagine ever spending my own money on it, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SuperKyle

recently ive been exploring my city (moved here a year ago), WICHITA, and i found

a Korean restaurant, i think its the only one in all of WICHITA...

MANNA WOK'S ORIENTAL AND KOREAN RESTAURANT

*website | none

*location | 4865 E Harry St Wichita, KS 67218

*brief history | Mom and Pop restaurant, the wife is at the front takes orders and serves, while the husband is in the back cooking...

*appropriate attire that should be worn | Casual

*Price range | everything is under $10

*what you ate | Jjajangmyun, steamed mandu buns, kimchi, fried rice, salad... guava and mango juice...

*the specialties the restaurant offers | Bul go kee (i dont know why i just didnt eat that!)

*the business hours, the phone number | Mon-Sat: 11:00-8:30, 316-684-5512

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know

HELL TO THE YES!!!!!! it was very good, the restaurant is small but its not an issue, they have a whole array of food in their

menu and its all under 10 bucks which is awesome, i wanted to try so many things but i couldnt!!! i love the store because

its not fancy at all, it looks like the inside of someones house and the walls are covered in pictures of customer, the

people that run the restaurant are very nice too! dine in or carry out...

Guest snvrocks08

Arigato.png

*website - -> Arigato doesn't have a website, :(

*location - -> Sacramento, California [uSA] ^^

*brief history - -> History isn't mentioned nor is it on the menu, O_O . .

*appropriate attire that should be worn - -> You can dress whatever way you want, :) [i went in my pjs once, lol.]

*Price range - -> The pricing isn't bad, all sushi is half-off [lunch/dinner], but everything other then sushi is full-priced, but the a sushi roll would probably be like $3.00-6.00 a roll and other stuff ranges from $4.00-$13.00 . . .

*what you ate - -> Sushi, lol. I recommend the "CSUS" roll [it's named after Sac State, lol], the "Howe" roll & the "Spicey Crunchy" roll. Omg, the salad is freakin' delicious, so you should get one, it's $2.50 . . :D

*the specialties the restaurant offers - -> When you walk in, they have boards on either side of the rooms that has down the specials of the day, :] . .

*the business hours, the phone number - -> Lunch is from 11am-3pm while Dinner runs from 5pm-midnight! ^^

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know - -> Whenever my friends are back from their "UCs" & "CSUs" 4 year colleges, we go there to reunite or after a game of laser tag at the Country Club Mall or if we decide to eat after leaving the Poolhall, lol. I think we go there so much that the workers know us, ahahah. XP

• 1 month later...
Guest M i l k C o o k i e

*T KETTLE

*brief history : idk

*appropriate attire that should be worn- Casual, anything you like lol

*Price range: drinks $3.50 + , food: 1.50 +

*what you ate: Mango * green tea drink with mixed jelly (always!)

*the specialties the restaurant offers: bubble tea EXPERT

*the business hours, the phone number: idk

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know :

I go there ALOT...its my favorite bubble tea shop everrrr. china town sucks. I stick with mixed jelly and not tapioca. The drinks are jus amazing. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kinetic

Name of Restaurant: Sushi Zo

Appropriate attire that should be worn - Casual, preferably business casual

Price range: 90-120+ per person

What you ate: Nigiri, 1 pc at a time, the fish served is what is fresh that season (varies); had at least 20 pcs, so many that I forgot

The specialties the restaurant offers: No cut/fancy rolls, no tempura, only sushi (omakase: chef chooses) - Only roll they have is blue crab roll; only cooked food they have is ankimo and miso soup (torched fish if you include that). Fish shipped daily from Japan.

State whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know :

I would definitely come back! This has made all other sushi seem... bleh.

They will tell you when to dip in soy sauce and when not to.

No wasabi is available, don't ask, they will place the appropriate amount for you

They will ask you to eat it immediately for absolute freshness.

They will keep serving you 1 pc at a time until you tell them to stop

Do not ask for cut rolls, tempura, california rolls.

Typical meal can last for 1.5-2 hours

Sushi bar is recommended, as well as reservations

Ginger is a palette cleanser, don't offend the chef by eating it with the nigiri.

No cell phones. Turn them off or silent. Don't answer the phone in there.

Be respectful of the chef.

They will ask you if you do not like anything. This is the only time they will ask you if you have an allergies or dislikes.

Eat everything you are given. Don't try to avoid the rice, etc..

What you get in return is some of the best sushi in the nation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard Knox Cafe

2 locations in San Francisco. Yelp it.

A soul food joint owned by a Vietnamese couple (who would've though?)

$10-15/person

So far, I had country fried steak, fried chicken, smothered pork chops, and fried pork chops. Everything is good, hell you even get two corn bread muffins with your order. Service is good, but can get quite hectic during the dinner rush.

• 1 month later...
Guest strawberrygirl

Shokudo Japanese Restuarant & Bar

Ala Moana Pacific Center, Ground Floor

1585 Kapiolani Blvd

Honolulu, HI 96814

Food that I had.

Oreo Shake $4.75

Melon Float $4.75

Ishiyaki Beef Sukiyaki Bibimbap $9.95

Seafood Dynamite $9.95

Chicken Karaage with Spicy Tartar Sauce $8.95

Gyoza $7.95

Chocolate Toast $7.95

Baked Banana Flambe $7.95

i loved it all. ^____^ it was so good especially the toast. it'll probably be the biggest toast you have ever seen. [;

i loved the oreo shake too. and the bibimbap. it was goooooooood.

location & atmosphere was all good. i've been there quite a bit. the service is really good too.

HONEY TOAST!!!!!!!!<3

i don't care much for the food at shokudo, but i can eat honey toast all day long!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ~*Andie*~

I came across this restaurant in Mongkok, Hongkong during our trip there last Christmas:

It's called MODERN TOILET.

*Name of Restaurant: Modern Toilet

*website (if there is one): http://www.moderntoilet.com.tw (This is a Taiwanese website but it's the same one as the branch in HK)

*brief history:

*appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal: casual

*Price range:

*what you ate: curry chicken

*the specialties the restaurant offers: food served in toilet bowls ^_^

*the business hours, the phone number:

*state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know:

DSC00321.JPG

DSC00327.JPG

^ You seat on toilet bowls while dining. :P

z115065619.jpg

It's really funny that they serve food in miniature toilet bowls, but their curry chicken tastes really good imo.

taiwanese-modern-toilet-02.jpg

They have "poo-poo dessert" too, lol.

*Disclaimer: Those pictures aren't mine. I didn't want to post a picture with my face, I'm too shy!*

• 3 weeks later...

BANAPPLE

CTC-2049-image4.jpg

It's an incredibly awesome pies and pastries storeee~ i dont know if they have branches abroad, but here in the Philippines they have one at Blue Ridge, Katipunan, Quezon City. My friend says there's also a branch at Tomas Morato. :D

I am not aware of their website (if they have one) and i lost my Banapple sticker so i also dont know their phone number ><

As for the price range, well, the rice and pasta meals range from Php130-200 i think.

one awesome cake slice ranges from Php70-90 i think. and one whole cake costs around Php500.

it's pretty much worth it though. they're all very yummmyyyyy~

what i've eaten at Banapple are Mudpie, Fettuccine Jacintha (their carbonara), Banoffee pie, and i forgot the first cake i ate there. HAHAHA. they're all so yummy i'm forgetting the names. LOL

the best seller of Banapple is their legendary Banoffee pie. i think i died and went to heaven when i first tasted it. xD

and i'd die just to have another visit there~ if only i could live there and get the fattest version of me out in the open, i will. xD

CTC-2049-image14.jpg

the legendary, the divine Banoffee

here's an article/review at Clickthecity:

http://guides.clickthecity.com/metro/?p=2049

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FireMonkey

Cafe Claude in San Francisco, CA

-cafeclaude.com

-7 Claude Ln (between Sutter and Bush), San Francisco

-formal attire

-price range: any given dish in below $25

-open Mon-Sat 11:30am - 10:30pm, Sun 5:30pm - 10:30pm (415) 392-3505

Cafe Claude has the most amazing food. Their waiters are wonderful, too, and so helpful. But keep in mind that it's a French restaurant, so the portions are pretty small. The bill can run pretty high because you order multiple courses, but the taste makes it all worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MiddleMan

King Taco in LA areas.

The best Carne Asada Tacos - hands down!

Beware of the red sauce, it's hot!

Ask for the sauce on the side if you can't take the heat.

They also have verde (green) sauce, which is less splicy.

1.25 a piece. I can eat about 4 to 5 of these tacos.

Noodle World in Pasadena Areas.

I enjoy pho's at this place.

My friends like pad-thai's.

Around $7.00 a plate.

• 1 month later...
Guest chibichi07

HINOTE JAPANESE RESTAURANT

Rating: 4.5/5

Price Range: $20-$100

What I ate: Beef teriyaki w/ rice with a tray of sushi/sashimi

Review: Overall an excellent restaurant. The fish was fresh and cut into generous slices. Same thing with the beef. Unlike other Japanese restaurants that I've tried, this was the best one. Service was good and the prices aren't too bad. The restaurant itself was small, but that doesn't really matter. I highly recommend this restaurant to anybody who loves sushi or Japanese food in general :) I'd definitely go back there!

• 1 month later...

Archived