Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

Guest cutie22

lyra_brillantez said: hello to everyone !
@cutie22 , miss you dear , it's good to see you again here :) i also noticed his features now, kinda different from what we saw during the wedding. and he permed his hair too ! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie22

Kim Nam-gil's first step back into spotlight

Actor Kim Nam-gil's first public appearance since being discharged from the Army was at the Jechon International Music & Film Festival.
Kim was invited through his contribution to the documentary "Ensemble", which he helped produce.

At the film fest, Kim introduced the film to the public and said that he was thrilled to be back in the spotlight.
"It's such an honor to be here upon being discharged, and especially to stand here in front of you as a member of the crew and not an actor", said Kim.

Kim was discharged on July 14 after serving two years as a public service worker as part of his mandatory military service.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]
Source:  http://www.hancinema.net/kim-nam-gil-s-first-step-back-into-spotlight-46274.html#YfJI3sTo0IS86xyw.99

More photos of Mr Producer Kim Nam Gil at 8thJIMFF Ensemble premiere

Arriving or leaving?
7785835156_c2a38a2430.jpg

7785809194_c473c759d5.jpg

7785804980_801d61673f.jpg

7785811128_05b65021a6.jpg

7785813262_e8cdedfc03.jpg

7785810294_3a2235cf9b.jpg

Source: dcinside

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cutie22

This is not so Kim Nam Gil style, very unlike him, slightly feminie. Quick kim Nam Gil change the hairstyle please

7937237192_41b8674540_z.jpg

A message to Kim Nam Gil: If you don’t want me to forget about the actor Kim Nam Gil then you better choose a project fast and don’t be too picky. Every project has its own charm. I CAN NOT WAIT anymorrrre and please let it be this year :)>-

hi everyone! yeah he looks a  bit different but he still look smore masculine than others, dun know why he has this manly charm yeah! haha! btw YES i wanna see more of his cannes-worthy acting sooooon PLS

Guest miruna_83

Hi!
I'm from Romania ... I am glad to be one of the many fans of this super talented actor and wonderful person! .... also I'm glad to join you and to participate with you in all the events in the life of Kim Nam Gil .... I met Kim Nam Gil through kdrama  Queen Seon Deok , which aired in my country in early 2010...character Bidam was for me as a balm ... and  Kim Nam Gil fascinated me from all points of view .... talent, spiritual and physical beauty through dedication and compassion ... For almost two and a half I watching his work done in the past to the present ... but because of the language barrier, I'm not even aware of all the details ... but now that I've found you, I hope to enrich my knowledge about Kim Nam Gil, that I adore! :x .....  kisses and hugs from Romania .... :-*

Something made ​​by me with all my love and admiration

xeno8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miruna_83

An impeccable appearance ... full of elegance and freshness .... KNG is a true gentleman .... with great stateliness and a charming smile .... A true delight!
:x

Some pictures with KNG at arm with Kim Ji Yoon (of team "Ensemble")...I think she was very excited! .... OMG! .... I think I did a heart attack!

6olg7s.jpg

jt2wb7.jpg

2q1tag9.jpg

1qs55k.jpg

2yjt3cg.jpg

1q3gk3.jpg

Guest miruna_83

김남길 Kim Nam Gil-17th BIFF 2012 Press Interview-Ensemble
Kim Nam Gil is indeed back in the limelight , after his first appearance in the 17th Busan International Film Festival yesterday, October 4 2012. However, he had chosen to strut on the red carpet not as an actor but a producer instead for the fake documentary film "Ensemble".

28amg5j.jpg

Headlines such as "Charisma unchange", "A dignified gentleman", " A wonderful looking man with the mustache", "Killer Smile", "Sweet Eyes" --these are only the few words describe by media during his red carpet opening ceremony appearance, proving his popularity was not written off during his hiatus for two years.

Here's a summary of his interviews. With limited Korean I have, I chose to compress his interview and only highlighted the important ones.

Held at Hanwha Resort Haeundae, Busan, reporters met with actor Kim Nam Gil for his testimonies and reasons of his transformation as a filmaker. He personally attended the 17th Busan International Film Festival for his first produced movie, "Ensemble" which he was directly involved in the making of the said documentry music film.

2r4hbtd.jpg

BEING A FILMAKER IS ABOUT PASSION.

There are rumors about Kim Nam Gil being wealthy enough to become a filmaker, but definitely it is not true.

He felt the timing is right for him to produce a film after his military discharge last July 2012. He reasoned out how the works of musicians and talented people do not always land on the movie or TV screen. He also want to communicate to the public about the world famous classical musicians , as well as to introduce them with the common people.

21d0dbt.jpg

But it doesn't mean when he co-produced a movie , he is already rich. He basically was fond of the way the movie 's approach of talking about musicians. It was during a healing concert held in a hospital yard when the idea of gathering musicians to serve as a medium to inspire people attracted him the idea of creating a movie about it.

The movie is about communication between musicians and their interaction with the public. It is an honest documentary movie about the Olympus Ensemble, who tries hard to promote classical music.

‘Ensemble’ is a fake documentary detailing the stories of the next-generation classical artists in Korea. The film will feature the artists trying to communicate with the masses through their music and the dilemma stemming from the realities with beautiful imagery and moving performances. Kim Nam-gil reportedly decided to take part in the production when he heard about the motive of the film’s story, the Healing Concert in Seoul National University Hospital of Bundang, and the story behind the individual artists, by chance.[ from koreanmovie.com]

28b63vd.jpg

"Once you get 'ensemble', you will be drawn about the 7 young genius classical artists called called together in one world. People are trying to communicate with the masses, breaking the mold of their work, and advocate the documentary movie classical music for the first time in Korea." He said. He is indeed thankful about BIFF for giving the movie an opportunity to be introduced in public and promises its
premiere before the end of 2012.

WORRYING ABOUT HIS RETURN AS AN ACTOR

Kim Nam Gil returns not as an actor but a filmaker instead after his two years military service. "To return to the public as a producer rather than an actor after two years , I am honored and I will do my best", he said.

29p6aog.jpg

However he admitted being nervous returning to the entertainment industry, specially the idea of him walking on the red carpet not as a performer but a person behind the movie. "I've never done anything like this attending in a film festival as a movie producer. I had butterflies in my stomach", he admits. Spending two years as a public service personnel gave him the time to work not as an actor but someone who serves the traffic management department. However BIFF gave him the confidence back. "Now it's clear. I know where to start and will prepare myself to film on November[Referring to his upcoming movie, Backwards Running Man] " , the actor said.

TWO YEARS IN THE ARMY: TIME WENT BY QUICKLY

His popularity remains on top when he was released from military. "Two years went by quickly", he said. We did mobilization works when it snows. It was very difficult. When you talk about army duty with a friend you will say "We shovel snow for two years". He resented in humorous way, "When you're in the Army, you're in big trouble".

2ag68he.jpg

"The public may have prejudice or misconceptions about celebrities joining the army. In the camp, we work very hard. In the field I worked hard to adjust in the environment very quickly."

FILMAKING IS HIS FIRST AND LAST

"I personally want to learn the piano" Kim Nam Gil confesses. But when asked if he will continue to produce more films in the future, he said he will stick into acting. "It seems this will be my first and last production."

jtt205.jpg

CREDIT AS TAGGED
Translation by LyraYoo (summary and nonverbatim)
Please credit to https://www.facebook.com/KimNamGilPhilippines l @kimnamgilstory when reposted, thank you~~