[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

I don't think that "Love Time" is the correct translation for this drama....

Since "Yeon Ae Shi Dae" translates more closely to "Dating Era", or "Era of Love".

"Shi Dae" in English means "Era" or "Period".... "Time" in Korean is actually "Shi Gan"....

I wouldn't have said anything, but "Love Time" sounds so corny and doesn't match the mood of this drama! :P

Actually, according to the SBS site, the title is 'Alone in Love'.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pinklegirl007

Actually, according to the SBS site, the title is 'Alone in Love'.

That's funny, I know for sure that Shi Dae does not mean alone! Anyways, the topic starter changed the title to Love Generation, which makes more sense and is a closer translation! :)

I'm not really interested in this drama, since I've never liked any drama or movie that Son Ye Jin has starred in, even though I've watched almost all of them, usually cuz I like the lead guy... anyways... I will still watch the first episode, cuz my theory is that if you limit yourself before you give anything a chance, you could be missing out! :P

We'll see how this drama does..... the storyline seems typical though.

『王の男』カム・ウソン、ソン・イェジンとドラマW主演で高視聴率が期待

2006-02-22 posted by Louis in iyejin.com

54628_l.jpg

映画『王の男』で全国1千万人の観客を動員したカム・ウソンが、お茶の間に復帰する。カム・ウソンは、4月から放送開始されるSBS新月火ドラマ『恋愛時代』でテレビドラマにカムバックするが、これは2002年出演したMBC『ヒョンジョンよ愛して』以来、約4年ぶりのことである。

カム・ウソンの相手女優は、トップスターソン・イェジン。彼は知的な書店のブックマスター役で登場、水泳選手出身のスポーツ講師ソン・イェジンと離婚した20代夫婦の変わった恋を描く。『王の男』で男らしい演技を見せてくれた彼が、テレビではソフトな恋愛演技で、視聴者に迫る見込み。

カム・ウソンは映画の成功後、このテレビドラマを次期作として選択した理由に対して「純粋な自体の制作費、事前制作形式、映画監督とスタッフの参加、シナリオがすでに完成している点等、映画撮影時の長所がそのまま生かされている点に、大きな魅力を感じた」と説明した。ロマンチックメロドラマ『恋愛時代』は、去年12月撮影に突入し現在50%ほど撮影を終了、放映開始までに80%以上の制作を終わらせる計画である。

Guest sandrydc

[President Roh's third anniversary]TV dramas continue to show off power overseas

(hayney@heraldm.com)

By Shin Hae-in

Last September, a young housewife jumped into the river in Nanjing, China, after quarreling with her husband. After being rescued out of the water, the wife told the policemen that she had been angry at her husband for changing the TV channel to watch a soccer match, just when "Daejanggeum," a popular Korean TV drama was about to begin.

"I had warned him that I would really jump into the river if he wouldn't let me watch the drama, but he didn't believe me," the shivering housewife had said.

The incident may have embarrassed the soccer-fan husband, but for Korea, it was proof of the power of Korean TV dramas in neighboring countries.

According to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism's recent statistics, exports of domestic TV programs added up to 71 billion won ($71 million) last year, more than a 70 percent increase from 2003. And the amount is expected to double this year.

200602250010.jpg

KBS new drama "Spring Waltz" (left) , SBS new drama "The Era of Romance" (right)

Amid the huge increase, dramas took up an overwhelming 92 percent of exported Korean TV programs. Japan was the largest buyer, followed by Taiwan and China.

As Korean dramas continue to lead the Korean Wave, overseas broadcasters and production companies are tracking down renowned drama makers of Korea, hoping to air their next series as early as possible.

This month, "Winter Sonata" creator Yoon Suk-ho's ambitious new TV series "Spring Waltz" signaled another sweep of Korean Wave across Asia with nine countries including Japan and Taiwan signing contracts for its local broadcast even before the drama was shown in Korea.

Director Yoon has become a celebrity throughout Asia for his "season tetralogy" including "Autumn Fable (2000)," "Winter Sonata (2002)" and "Summer Scent (2003)." "Spring Waltz" is the final part of his tragic romance series.

Through "Winter Sonata," Yoon managed to arouse a major wave in Japan, presenting actor Bae Yong-joon and actress Choi Ji-woo with the delightful Japanese nicknames of Yonsama and Jiwoohime, respectively.

Director Jun Ki-sang of "Sassy Girl Chun-hyang" and "My Girl" is also enjoying fame overseas.

His "Sassy Girl Chun-hyang" became the first drama to sell the remake-copyright abroad last year, with a Chinese broadcaster wanting to make the romantic comedy in its own language. Recognizing Jun's talent in romantic comedies, the broadcaster had also offered Jun the opportunity to direct the new version.

"The Korean Wave is an opportunity for us to spread our culture throughout the world, which is actually far more important than selling 1 million cars," Jun said in a news conference last year.

While expressing hopes of more enthusiasm from overseas toward Korean dramas, Jun warned that the current wave might end up as a temporary phenomenon unless concrete policies were set up.

The overseas affection for Korean actors and actresses is naturally still booming, together with the popularity of TV dramas.

The word "Hallyu" (Korean Wave) was first used by the Chinese press in the late '90s, but it was Yonsama Bae Yong-joon who made the term mainstream by winning the hearts of many female viewers of "Winter Sonata."

Due to Japan's affection for Bae, his recent movie "April Snow" managed to pull in over 2 million viewers in the country by adopting the same melodrama formula of the major hit drama. Ironically, the movie didn't manage to draw many moviegoers to local cinemas.

"Winter Sonata" heroine Choi Ji-woo is also still enjoying much popularity in Japan through "Yulmugok," a TV series jointly produced by Korea and Japan.

Following this lead, many more Korean actors and actresses are preparing to join in the wave of new dramas waiting to meet overseas fans this year.

Although still a novice to TV land, actress Han Hyo-joo, the heroine of "Spring Waltz," has grasped the chance of becoming the next Korean Wave queen through the drama.

Many actresses managed to become immediate idols of male TV viewers after appearing on "star-maker" Yoon's lyrical and heart-wrenching love stories.

Playing the heroine who meets her destined first love after losing touch with him for 15 years in Yoon's ambitious new drama, Han is expected to be showered with the same attention in the upcoming romance.

Daniel Henney, the breakout star of MBC drama "My Lovely Samsoon," is also expected to receive enthusiastic response from overseas female TV fans by appearing opposite actress Han.

Actor Kim Seung-woo, who is already well-known in Asian countries such as Singapore and Malaysia through the drama "Hotelier (2001)," is expected to gain more fans through the new MBC drama "The Special Moments of My Life," made by major drama-maker Kimjonghak Production.

Yellow Film's "The Era of Romance" which will be aired on SBS in April also aims for success especially in Japan, with actress Son Ye-jin playing the heroine.

Son has been earning popularity in Japan through her movies "April Snow" and "A Moment to Remember."

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00602250020.asp

Guest sandrydc

Korean Weekly News - February 27

2006 TV DRAMA PREVIEWS

omit...

연애시대 (Alone in Love)

SBS - March, Mon/Tue Drama, follows 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong)

Official Website

yejinalone.jpg

PD: 7/10

한지승 (Han Ji-Seung)

This is Han's first ever TV Drama, after a couple of films, including the 2001 melodrama 하루 (A Day), and the corny late 90s romcom 찜 (Tie a Yellow Ribbon). Now, while I can't say I enjoyed Han's older works, including his 1996 film 고스트 맘마 (Ghost Mamma), I actually liked 'A Day', despite being a little preachy and showing Go So-Young's usual limitations. And generally film directors who crossover to TV Dramas tend to do pretty well, shame the opposite rarely happens -- I know I'm not the only one who'd love to see a film by PD Lee Jae-Gyu.

WRITER: 8/10

박연선 (Park Yeon-Seon)

Does 동갑내기 과외하기 (My Tutor Friend) ring a bell? Park, who was in the writing team for the hilarious 2003 comedy, has worked before on TV -- 2004's underwhelming 파란만장 미스김 10억 만들기 (Miss Kim's Million Dollar Project) -- but if this show can be even half as funny as 'My Tutor Friend', with a touch of maturity given by the leads, then we're in good hands.

CAST: 8/10

손예진 (Son Ye-Jin), 감우성 (Gam Woo-Sung), 오윤아 (Oh Yoon-Ah), 공형진 (Gong Hyung-Jin), 이하나 (Lee Ha-Na)

What's been announced so far looks quite good. Always been a big fan of Gam Woo-Sung, who before the huge success of 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) was one of the most underrated actors in the country. He seems to work even better in low-key romantic comedies with a touch of melodrama, which seems to be this show's tone, judging from previews. Son Ye-Jin has become a huge star, especially in Japan, and her guarantee shows (50 Million Won per episode = 800 Million Won total, the highest in Korean TV History). Even though she still has time to improve her range, she's slowly starting to choose projects which will allow her to mature a little as an actress. Rest of the cast seems very solid, with Oh Yoon-Ah from the Friday Drama 그 여자 (That Woman) and 올드 미스 다이어리 (Old Miss Diary), along with master of ad-lib Gong Hyung-Jin, who returns to TV after a two year long absence.

OUTLINE: 8/10

The show is adapted from a novel by Nozawa Hisashi, a famous J-Dorama writer who committed suicide in 2004. This particular work hasn't been made into a TV Drama yet, and continues the trend of Korean Dramas adapting Japanese works -- after 요조숙녀 (My Fair Lady) and 봄날 (Spring Days). Gam and Son star as a couple who keep dating despite their divorce, in the show which will complete a good 80% of its episodes before airing. It will be a mix of romcom tropes with a little melodrama thrown in, but looks like a very intelligent, fun show. Some people in the media called it a 결혼은 미친짓이다 (Marriage is a Crazy Thing) without sex, which is a big compliment in my book.

RATINGS POTENTIAL: 9/10

If there's anything likely to hit the 40% rating in this early 2006, this is it. Son Ye-Jin returns to TV after 3 years -- last work being Yoon Seok-Ho's 여름향기 (Summer Scent), whose 'scent' convinced Son to stop shooting Dramas for 3 years -- and Gam returns after 4 years -- 2002's lovely 현정아 사랑해 (I Love You, Hyun-Jung) -- so that's already a big attraction. But we must count in the success of 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) and the country's favourite clown Jang-Saeng. Maybe it's a little early to make this kind of prediction, and we'll have to see what kind of competition the show has to deal with, but I'd say 40 to 45%. If not more.

OVERALL: 8.00

omit...

==================

TV DRAMA RATINGS

==================

02/20~02/26

01. 36.5% 별난여자 별난남자 (The Bizarre Bunch)

Daily Drama - KBS1 [Cast: Jung Joon, Kim Ah-Joong, Go Ju-Won] [9th Consecutive Week on Top]

02. 32.4% 하늘이시여 (Dear Heaven)

Weekend Drama - SBS [Cast: Yoon Jung-Hee, Lee Tae-Gon, Jo Yeon-Woo]

03. 26.7% 궁 (Princess Hours)

Wed/Thu Drama - MBC [Cast: Yoon Eun-Hye, Song Ji-Hyo, Joo Ji-Hoon]

04. 23.6% 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong)

Historical Drama - SBS [Cast: Lee Bo-Young, Jo Hyun-Jae, Ryu Jin]

05. 19.7% 고향역 (A Place Called Home)

Daily Drama - KBS1 [Cast: Song Ok-Sook, Park Hyung-Jae, Kim Cheol-Gi]

06. 18.9% 결혼합시다 (Let's Get Married)

Weekend Drama - MBC [Cast: Yoon Da-Hoon, Kang Sung-Yeon, Ju Hyeon]

06. 18.9% 인생이여 고마워요 (Thank You Life)

Weekend Drama - KBS2 [Cast: Yoo Ho-Jung, Park Ye-Jin, Oh Ji-Ho]

08. 18.4% 들꽃 (Wild Flower)

Daily Morning Drama - SBS [Cast: Lee Ah-Hyun, Seonwoo Jae-Deok, Kim Jung-Hak]

09. 17.1% 황금 사과 (Golden Apple)

Wed/Thu Drama - KBS2 [Cast: Park Sol-Mi, Park Ji-Bin, Jung Chan] END

10. 15.2% 서울 1945 (Seoul 1945)

Historical Drama - KBS1 [Cast: Han Eun-Jung, So Yoo-Jin, Ryu Soo-Young]

===============================

THE TOP RATED DRAMAS OF 2006

===============================

01/01~02/26

01. 37.5% 별난여자 별난남자 (The Bizarre Bunch) - KBS

02. 32.4% 하늘이시여 (Dear Heaven) - SBS

03. 31.9% 슬픔이여 안녕 (Goodbye To Sadness) - KBS

04. 26.7% 궁 (Princess Hours) - MBC

05. 25.4% 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong) - SBS

06. 24.9% 마이걸 (My Girl) - SBS

07. 23.7% 그여자 (That Woman) - SBS

08. 23.0% 황금사과 (Golden Apple) - KBS

09. 22.3% 인생이여 고마워요 (Thank You Life) - KBS

10. 21.1% 들꽃 (Wild Flower) - SBS

Sources

Star News

Yahoo Korea

Hanguk Ilbo

Yonhap News

nKino

My Daily News

Goodday Entertainment

» Posted by X at February 27, 2006 10:22 AM

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005275.html

Guest mhugh

That's funny, I know for sure that Shi Dae does not mean alone! Anyways, the topic starter changed the title to Love Generation, which makes more sense and is a closer translation! :)

I'm not really interested in this drama, since I've never liked any drama or movie that Son Ye Jin has starred in, even though I've watched almost all of them, usually cuz I like the lead guy... anyways... I will still watch the first episode, cuz my theory is that if you limit yourself before you give anything a chance, you could be missing out! :P

We'll see how this drama does..... the storyline seems typical though.

Out of all the different translations of the title, sandrydc's post refers to "The Era of Romance,"

which I think may be the best translation.

I've just watched the movie, "April Snow," and I loved Son Ye Jin in it.

I also have high hopes for this drama, because I think she is a great actress.

I haven't actually watched "Summer Scent," because of so many negative comments and reviews that I've read, but I'm willing to watch it only because of Son Ye Jin and to make my own judgment of the drama.

Guest sandrydc
Guest Happy_Day

SonYehJin looks SO LOVELY AND INNOCENT in all the pics except for the ones with bangs. But even with bangs, she still looks pretty, in an old-fashioned way.

Oh yeah, I think the other girl in the pics with her is really pretty too. She looks like a mix between KimTaeHee and SuhJiYoung from Sharp. Looking forward to seeing her in the drama also.

Thank you Yeohweping for posting all the pictures...

Wow...SYJ cut her hair again...She still looks very pretty. I'm also looking forward to this drama.

More similar pictures from the press conference.

200603091440541001_1.jpg

200603091457121001_1.jpg

09151832255_61000090.jpg

09152024196_61000090.jpg

09152139344_61000090.jpg

200603091331471006_1.jpg

200603091328371006_1.jpg

20060309151019.JPG

20060309150546.JPG

200603091329371001_1.jpg

lol just want to point out that the lead main actor's name is misspelled in the title of the thread. it should be gam woosung or gam wooseong.

sung/seong and sang have different spelling and pronunciation in korean. just mentioning cuz it might confuse some people lol.

lol. gam woosung is such a funny guy though. he seems the kind of guy you want to hang out over some drinks :lol:. he also got married to his girlfriend of 15 yr (or was it 10 yrs?) anyways he was seeing her for a long time.

Guest yeohweping

Ost

34923.jpg

01 만약에 우리

02 보내지 못한 마음 (노영심 곡)

03 Breeze (이재훈 곡)

http://211.176.63.161:8080/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376103.mp3

http://211.176.63.161:8080/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376104.mp3

http://211.176.63.161:8080/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376105.mp3

mms://211.176.63.161/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376103.mp3

mms://211.176.63.161/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376104.mp3

mms://211.176.63.161/4/HIGH_MP3/376/376105.mp3

(Credit Koreanwind)

Guest noodz

Era of Romance is probably the best translation but I like Alone in Love more. "Love Generation" is the title of a very popular Japanese drama.

연애시대 포토현장탐방 #3 - [제작발표회] 커플 찾기

2006-03-09 posted by Louis in iyejin.com

2006030918192333.jpg

1. 감우성, 손예진

2006030918194813.jpg

2. 손예진, 공형진

2006030918201463.jpg

3. 공형진, 이하나

2006030918253056.jpg

4. 삼각 관계

2006030918255114.jpg

5. 사각 관계

2006030918264397.jpg

정답은 두개!

Guest xosandy

March 10, 2006

연애시대 (Alone in Love) Production Meeting Report

aloneinlovepre.jpg

Dating, loving, marrying... and breaking up. Seems like 3/4 of the Korean TV Drama pie is taken by those activities, yet what happens after that is rarely the focus. Because people can have relationships even after divorcing, breaking up, or simply parting ways for any other reason. Sometimes there's very little glamour in those situations, as once you take off the burden certain 'attachments' had on a failed relationship, then getting along once again can be even easier. It happens in real life, obviously, but seldom on TV, because it might bore the viewers -- or so they say. Friendship, mutual understanding, that air of pleasant familiarity only someone who lived with you can have... it's like starting from the beginning once again. And although now you're 'alone', you might still be in love. What that love is, if it's friendship, newfound attraction, or something entirely different, we can't possibly know. Adapted from a novel by the late, award-winning writer Nozawa Hisashi, SBS' upcoming 16 Episode Drama 연애시대 (Alone in Love) promises to fill that void, and finally show there's life after breaking up. Unless the killer minivan gets you before that.

It was a morning in June 2004, when acclaimed TV writer Nozawa Hisashi was found hanged in his office, leaving behind only a suicide note. Nozawa started working for Yomiuri TV in the mid 80s, and became one of the most popular TV writers in the country, winning important accolades like the Edogawa Ranpo Prize in 1997, and the Yoshikawa Eiji New Writers Prize in 2001. Of course, to Dorama fans, he's probably remembered more for things like 眠れる森 (Sleeping Forest), starring SMAP member Kimura Takuya and a familiar face for Korean film fans, Nakamura Toru of 청연 (Blue Swallow) and 2009 로스트 메모리즈 (2009 Lost Memories). His 1998 novel 'Love Generation' won several prizes, and told the story of 26 year old Eto and 34 year old Hayase, who after divorcing slowly re-discover their sentiments for each other. That of adapting Japanese novels for Korean TV Dramas and films has become a full-fledged trend in the last two years, with a good half dozen films using a Japanese source as their foundations releasing in late 2006.

Dramas like this can fall into a very dangerous minefield pretty easily, but looking at writer Park Young-Seon's past works should give us a sense of relief. Although she took part in many 단막극 (One-Two Episode Dramas) and Miniseries, her best work is in Chungmuro: Park was responsible for the scripts of hilarious comedies like 동갑내기 과외하기 (My Tutor Friend) and 2004's 그녀를 믿지마세요 (Too Beautiful To Lie), which elevated Kim Ha-Neul to instant stardom as one of the queens of comedy in Korean Cinema. Now whether she'll use those experiences to give a more comic twist to Nozawa's novel, we'll have to wait for April. But knowing the PD is another 'Chungmuro alumni', that Han Ji-Seung of 하루 (A Day), who also worked as a producer in 'Too Beautiful To Lie', should ensure the melodrama doesn't get out of hands. Obviously, the key is always the cast, and with an ensemble like this, I think we can be safe 'Alone in Love' will not have problems with the actors' performances.

Although he debuted in the early 90s, it took a long time for Gam Woo-Sung to emerge and fulfill his potential. Just like many popular actors his age, Gam's debut performance was in the 1990 campus drama 우리들의 천국 (Our Paradise), alongside people like Han Suk-Gyu, Jeon Do-Yeon, Jang Dong-Gun, Yeom Jung-Ah, Choi Jin-Shil, and many more. One of the highlights of the show was Jang Dong-Gun singing parts of the soundtrack (I know, sounds creepy, right?), but veteran Lee Jin-Seok won best New PD at the 26th Baeksang Awards, so pretty boys singing ballads wasn't the only thing 'Our Paradise' had going for it. But despite languishing in supporting roles for half a decade, Gam found his career making performance -- at least within the industry. The show wasn't that popular -- with the fantastic 1998 show 산 (Manaslu), about a family of mountaineers trying to conquer the Himalayas. Gam continued his career in TV Dramas, with breezy MBC shows like 예감 (Instinct), 눈으로 말해요 (Speak With Your Eyes), to finally land his first role in Chungmuro. Yoo Ha's 결혼은 미친짓이다 (Marriage is a Crazy Thing) was an eye opener not only because it showed Eom Jung-Hwa could do serious roles with ease, but also because Gam's performance -- completely different from his Drama roles, with a few exceptions -- brought to the forefront the young actor's talent.

2004 showed Gam could carry films on his shoulders admirably, as he led two flawed but extremely intriguing films like 알 포인트 (R-Point) and 거미숲 (Spider Forest), and he also opened his 2005 with the underrated comedy 간 큰가족 (Super Family). Yet, nothing could possibly prepare for what happened at the end of the year. Subbing in for Jang Hyuk, caught in the draft dodging scandal, Gam was cast at the last minute in Lee Joon-Ik's 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) which, as you probably know, recently became the most successful Korean film of all time, now approaching the 12 Million tickets sold. Thanks to the Historical Drama, Gam has become a full-fledged star, not only acclaimed by the press for his acting talent, but finally enjoying the popularity he always deserved. And although Son Ye-Jin might not have had many chances to show her talent, she's slowly but surely trying to find her own identity as an actress, removed from the teen idol roles of lugubrious turds like 여름향기 (Summer Scent), and disappointing misfires like 외출 (April Snow). Although by no means a huge challenge, her role in the Drama is a further step into maturation, something which can only please fans of the young actress. The rest of the cast is excellent as well, with talented veterans like Gi Ju-Bong and Kim Gab-Soo rounding up a package which also involves comic master Gong Hyung-Jin.

Debuting after the conclusion of 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong) on SBS, 'Alone in Love' had its production meeting at the Hyatt Hotel in Namsan on March 9. Participating at the Drama's presentation the PD Han Ji-Seung and stars Son Ye-Jin, Gam Woo-Sung, Gong Hyung-Jin and Lee Ha-Na. 'Alone in Love' starts broadcasting on March 27.

Production Meeting Clip (Downloadable, 14mb, Windows Media)

====================

COMMENTS

====================

PD HAN JI-SEUNG

"I always wanted to try something like a Miniseries format, and then they offered me to produce 'Alone in Love', so I said, why not? I was really intrigued by the original novel, and since producers Yellow Film promised to respect my production methods, accepting their offer was even easier. I knew and worried that the Drama shooting system [shooting on the fly] wouldn't fit with my style, especially as someone who never worked in this field before. Of course I was also aware of how much more difficult shooting TV Dramas before broadcast can be, for a variety of issues, but they allowed me to shoot a good 8 episodes out of the final 16 before airing the first, so that's how we started. Many people seem to be interested in this show because of its themes, but we're not dealing with one of those Dramas where characters are trying to make up their mind between marrying or not. Personally, it's not really that important that the two main characters were married in the past. What we're focusing on here is the way they cope with this break up, how they start a sort of 'new life' after leaving behind people they loved. And those are the kind of details I wanted to focus on in developing this Drama. Of course the original novel had a lot of comic elements, even going as far as slapstick, but even though we tried to do the same in the show, compared to other Dramas we're dealing with something much more serious. I guess the biggest difference between TV Dramas and Movies is that the latter start from a full shot and then slowly zoom in to find more details, whereas Dramas start from a closeup, and then expand the view. Just this new challenge that difference makes was exciting for me, as a producer."

--

woosungalone.jpg

GAM WOO-SUNG

"I started acting as I just wanted to be in films, but it took me a good 10 years to find the right level, that kind of performance a good actor requires. When it comes to Dramas, if you work with talented people, then there's no reason to turn them down. All you need to do is adjust to the dynamics used in this industry, which can be quite different to those you find in Chungmuro. What's important is what the production team, the crew and the producer have in mind. The most important thing when acting is finding a kind of harmony with your partner, that's what counts. And Son Ye-Jin is the best of both worlds: she hasn't been acting for too long, but she's always very professional, a good actress, and also a very beautiful person. An actress who helped me a lot in the past was Shim Hye-Jin [they worked together in 1998's 수줍은 연인 (Shy Lovers)]. She both influenced the way I acted, and how I approached this profession. In terms of male actors, I'd certainly say Han Suk-Gyu. Thanks to them, I was able to find what kind of actor I was and could be, deep down. In a way, working with Ye-Jin reminded me of the times I spent with Shim Hye-Jin, she has the same kind of aggressive spirit when acting. I'd like to be remembered as a non-mainstream actor who can give viewers confidence. Right from the beginning, I never really paid much attention to working for a huge management company and similar things. Since I haven't been on TV for 4 years [2002's 현정아 사랑해 (I Love You, Hyun-Jung)], I wanted to work in something different, a Drama you can't compare with the others. Just like what happened for 'The King and The Clown', more than ratings, my sense of satisfaction regarding this project is what counted the most."

yejinalon.jpg

SON YE-JIN

"It's a nasty and mean character, but someone you can't hate. That's how Dong-Jin (Gam) looks in Eun-Ho's eyes. You look at him in a certain way he and seems OK, but then again he's always so impulsive and cheeky. In 작업의 정석 (The Art of Seduction) we always tried to go for comic situations in every scene, and that kind of exaggeration was the most enjoyable aspect of the show. But if you compare it with 'Alone in Love', this is much more natural. There's a kind of boyish side to her, while at the same time maintaining that natural femininity. Even speech patterns and dialogue are much different that what I was used to. You could say it's a character you can find easily in real life, but someone who doesn't feature in TV Dramas too often. Of course we're not dealing with something too heavy handed and dark, it's just a little more mature and realistic, with an ironic and lightweight touch which really appealed to me. What I liked the most about Eun-Ho was the fact even after divorce she'd worry if her husband was in pain, like a mother figure. She's very mature. If I think of my roles in 클래식 (The Classic) and 'Scent of Summer', I don't think I'd be able to go back to that kind of character. Even looking at 연애소설 (Lover's Concerto), it feels like the kind of acting I could only do at that age. Sure, if I did it again I'd probably do it pretty well, but it would still feel really awkward. I want to do roles which fit my age and personality now, that's what most important to me."

[sources: Cine21, Star News 1, Star News 2, Star News 3, Yonhap News 1, Yonhap News 2]

--

연애시대 (Alone in Love)

SBS - Starts 2006/3/27 - 16 Episodes

PD: 한지승 (Han Ji-Seung)

WRITER: 박영선 (Park Young-Seon)

CAST: 감우성 (Gam Woo-Sung), 손예진 (Son Ye-Jin), 공형진 (Gong Hyung-Jin), 이하나 (Lee Ha-Na), 김갑수 (Kim Gab-Soo), 기주봉 (Gi Ju-Bong)

Official Website

Produced By: 옐로우필름 (Yellow Film)

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005401.html#more

Guest sandrydc

03-12-2006

After Big Screen Success Son Ye-jin Returns to TV

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...18592411700.htm

Thanks for sharing the news, xosandy.

I like the way she answers questions. She's such a mature girl! Aja Aja Fighting!!!

연애시대 (Alone in Love) Production Meeting Report

(Posted In Asia Comedy Drama Interviews TV Trailer Alert )

aloneinlovepre.jpg

Dating, loving, marrying... and breaking up. Seems like 3/4 of the Korean TV Drama pie is taken by those activities, yet what happens after that is rarely the focus. Because people can have relationships even after divorcing, breaking up, or simply parting ways for any other reason. Sometimes there's very little glamour in those situations, as once you take off the burden certain 'attachments' had on a failed relationship, then getting along once again can be even easier. It happens in real life, obviously, but seldom on TV, because it might bore the viewers -- or so they say. Friendship, mutual understanding, that air of pleasant familiarity only someone who lived with you can have... it's like starting from the beginning once again. And although now you're 'alone', you might still be in love. What that love is, if it's friendship, newfound attraction, or something entirely different, we can't possibly know. Adapted from a novel by the late, award-winning writer Nozawa Hisashi, SBS' upcoming 16 Episode Drama 연애시대 (Alone in Love) promises to fill that void, and finally show there's life after breaking up. Unless the killer minivan gets you before that.

It was a morning in June 2004, when acclaimed TV writer Nozawa Hisashi was found hanged in his office, leaving behind only a suicide note. Nozawa started working for Yomiuri TV in the mid 80s, and became one of the most popular TV writers in the country, winning important accolades like the Edogawa Ranpo Prize in 1997, and the Yoshikawa Eiji New Writers Prize in 2001. Of course, to Dorama fans, he's probably remembered more for things like 眠れる森 (Sleeping Forest), starring SMAP member Kimura Takuya and a familiar face for Korean film fans, Nakamura Toru of 청연 (Blue Swallow) and 2009 로스트 메모리즈 (2009 Lost Memories). His 1998 novel 'Love Generation' won several prizes, and told the story of 26 year old Eto and 34 year old Hayase, who after divorcing slowly re-discover their sentiments for each other. That of adapting Japanese novels for Korean TV Dramas and films has become a full-fledged trend in the last two years, with a good half dozen films using a Japanese source as their foundations releasing in late 2006.

Dramas like this can fall into a very dangerous minefield pretty easily, but looking at writer Park Young-Seon's past works should give us a sense of relief. Although she took part in many 단막극 (One-Two Episode Dramas) and Miniseries, her best work is in Chungmuro: Park was responsible for the scripts of hilarious comedies like 동갑내기 과외하기 (My Tutor Friend) and 2004's 그녀를 믿지마세요 (Too Beautiful To Lie), which elevated Kim Ha-Neul to instant stardom as one of the queens of comedy in Korean Cinema. Now whether she'll use those experiences to give a more comic twist to Nozawa's novel, we'll have to wait for April. But knowing the PD is another 'Chungmuro alumni', that Han Ji-Seung of 하루 (A Day), who also worked as a producer in 'Too Beautiful To Lie', should ensure the melodrama doesn't get out of hands. Obviously, the key is always the cast, and with an ensemble like this, I think we can be safe 'Alone in Love' will not have problems with the actors' performances.

Although he debuted in the early 90s, it took a long time for Gam Woo-Sung to emerge and fulfill his potential. Just like many popular actors his age, Gam's debut performance was in the 1990 campus drama 우리들의 천국 (Our Paradise), alongside people like Han Suk-Gyu, Jeon Do-Yeon, Jang Dong-Gun, Yeom Jung-Ah, Choi Jin-Shil, and many more. One of the highlights of the show was Jang Dong-Gun singing parts of the soundtrack (I know, sounds creepy, right?), but veteran Lee Jin-Seok won best New PD at the 26th Baeksang Awards, so pretty boys singing ballads wasn't the only thing 'Our Paradise' had going for it. But despite languishing in supporting roles for half a decade, Gam found his career making performance -- at least within the industry. The show wasn't that popular -- with the fantastic 1998 show 산 (Manaslu), about a family of mountaineers trying to conquer the Himalayas. Gam continued his career in TV Dramas, with breezy MBC shows like 예감 (Instinct), 눈으로 말해요 (Speak With Your Eyes), to finally land his first role in Chungmuro. Yoo Ha's 결혼은 미친짓이다 (Marriage is a Crazy Thing) was an eye opener not only because it showed Eom Jung-Hwa could do serious roles with ease, but also because Gam's performance -- completely different from his Drama roles, with a few exceptions -- brought to the forefront the young actor's talent.

2004 showed Gam could carry films on his shoulders admirably, as he led two flawed but extremely intriguing films like 알 포인트 (R-Point) and 거미숲 (Spider Forest), and he also opened his 2005 with the underrated comedy 간 큰가족 (Super Family). Yet, nothing could possibly prepare for what happened at the end of the year. Subbing in for Jang Hyuk, caught in the draft dodging scandal, Gam was cast at the last minute in Lee Joon-Ik's 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) which, as you probably know, recently became the most successful Korean film of all time, now approaching the 12 Million tickets sold. Thanks to the Historical Drama, Gam has become a full-fledged star, not only acclaimed by the press for his acting talent, but finally enjoying the popularity he always deserved. And although Son Ye-Jin might not have had many chances to show her talent, she's slowly but surely trying to find her own identity as an actress, removed from the teen idol roles of lugubrious turds like 여름향기 (Summer Scent), and disappointing misfires like 외출 (April Snow). Although by no means a huge challenge, her role in the Drama is a further step into maturation, something which can only please fans of the young actress. The rest of the cast is excellent as well, with talented veterans like Gi Ju-Bong and Kim Gab-Soo rounding up a package which also involves comic master Gong Hyung-Jin.

Debuting after the conclusion of 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong) on SBS, 'Alone in Love' had its production meeting at the Hyatt Hotel in Namsan on March 9. Participating at the Drama's presentation the PD Han Ji-Seung and stars Son Ye-Jin, Gam Woo-Sung, Gong Hyung-Jin and Lee Ha-Na. 'Alone in Love' starts broadcasting on March 27.

Production Meeting Clip (Downloadable, 14mb, Windows Media):http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...649053002_s.wmv

====================

COMMENTS

====================

PD HAN JI-SEUNG

"I always wanted to try something like a Miniseries format, and then they offered me to produce 'Alone in Love', so I said, why not? I was really intrigued by the original novel, and since producers Yellow Film promised to respect my production methods, accepting their offer was even easier. I knew and worried that the Drama shooting system [shooting on the fly] wouldn't fit with my style, especially as someone who never worked in this field before. Of course I was also aware of how much more difficult shooting TV Dramas before broadcast can be, for a variety of issues, but they allowed me to shoot a good 8 episodes out of the final 16 before airing the first, so that's how we started. Many people seem to be interested in this show because of its themes, but we're not dealing with one of those Dramas where characters are trying to make up their mind between marrying or not. Personally, it's not really that important that the two main characters were married in the past. What we're focusing on here is the way they cope with this break up, how they start a sort of 'new life' after leaving behind people they loved. And those are the kind of details I wanted to focus on in developing this Drama. Of course the original novel had a lot of comic elements, even going as far as slapstick, but even though we tried to do the same in the show, compared to other Dramas we're dealing with something much more serious. I guess the biggest difference between TV Dramas and Movies is that the latter start from a full shot and then slowly zoom in to find more details, whereas Dramas start from a closeup, and then expand the view. Just this new challenge that difference makes was exciting for me, as a producer."

--

GAM WOO-SUNG

woosungalone.jpg

"I started acting as I just wanted to be in films, but it took me a good 10 years to find the right level, that kind of performance a good actor requires. When it comes to Dramas, if you work with talented people, then there's no reason to turn them down. All you need to do is adjust to the dynamics used in this industry, which can be quite different to those you find in Chungmuro. What's important is what the production team, the crew and the producer have in mind. The most important thing when acting is finding a kind of harmony with your partner, that's what counts. And Son Ye-Jin is the best of both worlds: she hasn't been acting for too long, but she's always very professional, a good actress, and also a very beautiful person. An actress who helped me a lot in the past was Shim Hye-Jin [they worked together in 1998's 수줍은 연인 (Shy Lovers)]. She both influenced the way I acted, and how I approached this profession. In terms of male actors, I'd certainly say Han Suk-Gyu. Thanks to them, I was able to find what kind of actor I was and could be, deep down. In a way, working with Ye-Jin reminded me of the times I spent with Shim Hye-Jin, she has the same kind of aggressive spirit when acting. I'd like to be remembered as a non-mainstream actor who can give viewers confidence. Right from the beginning, I never really paid much attention to working for a huge management company and similar things. Since I haven't been on TV for 4 years [2002's 현정아 사랑해 (I Love You, Hyun-Jung)], I wanted to work in something different, a Drama you can't compare with the others. Just like what happened for 'The King and The Clown', more than ratings, my sense of satisfaction regarding this project is what counted the most."

--

SON YE-JIN

yejinalon.jpg

"It's a nasty and mean character, but someone you can't hate. That's how Dong-Jin (Gam) looks in Eun-Ho's eyes. You look at him in a certain way he and seems OK, but then again he's always so impulsive and cheeky. In 작업의 정석 (The Art of Seduction) we always tried to go for comic situations in every scene, and that kind of exaggeration was the most enjoyable aspect of the show. But if you compare it with 'Alone in Love', this is much more natural. There's a kind of boyish side to her, while at the same time maintaining that natural femininity. Even speech patterns and dialogue are much different that what I was used to. You could say it's a character you can find easily in real life, but someone who doesn't feature in TV Dramas too often. Of course we're not dealing with something too heavy handed and dark, it's just a little more mature and realistic, with an ironic and lightweight touch which really appealed to me. What I liked the most about Eun-Ho was the fact even after divorce she'd worry if her husband was in pain, like a mother figure. She's very mature. If I think of my roles in 클래식 (The Classic) and 'Scent of Summer', I don't think I'd be able to go back to that kind of character. Even looking at 연애소설 (Lover's Concerto), it feels like the kind of acting I could only do at that age. Sure, if I did it again I'd probably do it pretty well, but it would still feel really awkward. I want to do roles which fit my age and personality now, that's what most important to me."

[sources: Cine21, Star News 1, Star News 2, Star News 3, Yonhap News 1, Yonhap News 2]

--

연애시대 (Alone in Love)

SBS - Starts 2006/3/27 - 16 Episodes

PD: 한지승 (Han Ji-Seung)

WRITER: 박영선 (Park Young-Seon)

CAST: 감우성 (Gam Woo-Sung), 손예진 (Son Ye-Jin), 공형진 (Gong Hyung-Jin), 이하나 (Lee Ha-Na), 김갑수 (Kim Gab-Soo), 기주봉 (Gi Ju-Bong)

Official Website

Produced By: 옐로우필름 (Yellow Film)

» Posted by X at March 10, 2006 09:03 AM

Source: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005401.html

Guest sandrydc

Posted by 'CindyW88 in the news thread.

----------

3/14/05 – In March and April, three major TV stations are broadcasting competitive dramas. Starting from 3/13, MBC airs “Which Star Are You From (넌 어느 별에서 왔니)”, aka “Princess”. It is expected that “Which Star Are You From” and “Spring Waltz (KBS2)” aired on Monday-Tuesday have hot competition. SBS is scheduled to broadcast “Period of Love (연애시대)” on 4/3, hoping that “Period of Love” will continue the good TV ratings of “The Ballad of Suh Dong”.

Yoon Suk Ho (윤석호), the PD of “Spring Waltz”, plans to focus on Daniel Henney’s role in order to seize female viewers’ hearts. Many female viewers have already posted their messages on the BBS of the drama stating that they are enchanted by Daniel’s smiles. PD Yoon hopes that the beautiful scenery of Austria and the highlight of heroine’s waltz dance presented in the first few episodes would greatly attract viewers. Pyo Min Soo (표민수), the PD of “Which Star Are You From”, is confident that his filming style would meet the tastes of young viewers. Some people comment that Kim Rae Won and Jung Ryu Won look like real lovers in the drama photo. This drama also shows the gorgeous scenery of Australia. “Period of Love (연애시대)” is led by Gam Woo Sung and Son Yeh Jin. GWS’s movie “King and the Clown” and SYJ’s movie “The Art of Seduction” attracted many moviegoers recently. This drama is the movie director Han Ji Seung (한지승)’s first drama project. His wife, pianist Noh Young Shim (노영심), will help in the music portion of this drama.

200603140141_00.jpg

200603140141_01.jpg

200603140141_02.jpg

Archived