[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

Guest alakina

mj07,

my sister watched the first epi of this series and she told me the sub is good compare to dating now and fashion 70s. however she doesnt know exactly how to tell if the eng sub is excellent. so what i'll do is to PM you the english subtitle(about 10 minutes) :D

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mj07,

my sister watched the first epi of this series and she told me the sub is good compare to dating now and fashion 70s. however she doesnt know exactly how to tell if the eng sub is excellent. so what i'll do is to PM you the english subtitle(about 10 minutes) :D

thanks, that's very kind of you!

Guest bshater1

the subs are very accurate, at least for me. compared to fashion 70s, its quality is 100x better. so its a safe purchase. :)

the subs are very accurate, at least for me. compared to fashion 70s, its quality is 100x better. so its a safe purchase. :)

thanks! I wonder, though are they accurate in terms of capturing the meaning of the scenes, or are they LITERALLY accurate? What I mean is that sometimes the translation from Korean to English is so literal that in English it's awkward and doesn't make any sense. It loses the real meaning of what the characters are saying.

And ya, the "FAshion 70s" subs were REALLY bad, but even the ones for "My Girl" gave me a headache!

Guest polaris

This drama was so good. The Quality of it was excellent with realistic and natural humor and really beautiful and subtle acting. PLus I loved the depth and complexity of the relationship between the main characters.

Also, although this drama was 16 episodes long.....It seemed to me like one extended movie. I just have to say that I highly recommend this drama. I loved it.

Guest shooting_starz
:w00t: i just finished this drama! OMG! its a GREAT drama!!! it makes you laugh, cry, and feel in touch with the two main character love! definitely a drama worth watching! :blush: i loved it!

It's been a few weeks since I finished this one, but I still feel the impact, still miss the characters! I don't buy a lot of the drama boxed-sets, but that's part of the reason I want this one. I think it's something I'd watch over and over and still get a lot out of!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest galinda

i know that i'm sooo late watching this awesome drama but better late than never i suppose. I can't believe how good a korean drama can be until i saw this. it's soo creative, so real. the actors were so genuine in the roles that they played that i never thought that they captured how love really is. the real bittersweetness of love is so evocative in this drama. i like how it goes past the "getting together phase" of love. it actually shows how "staying together" is the most difficult part in any relationship. it shows through Dong-jin and Eun-ho's coping with the grayness of their relationship that break-ups are not as easy as anyone wants it to be. through this drama, one can see that break-ups are never easy and can never be made so. also love never wears off at the same time for both parties.

i'm still crying buckets 10 min. after the final scene. I love the ending. at first, i was scared that it would not end the way it did. i'm glad it did though.

i know that i'm sooo late watching this awesome drama but better late than never i suppose. I can't believe how good a korean drama can be until i saw this. it's soo creative, so real. the actors were so genuine in the roles that they played that i never thought that they captured how love really is. the real bittersweetness of love is so evocative in this drama. i like how it goes past the "getting together phase" of love. it actually shows how "staying together" is the most difficult part in any relationship. it shows through Dong-jin and Eun-ho's coping with the grayness of their relationship that break-ups are not as easy as anyone wants it to be. through this drama, one can see that break-ups are never easy and can never be made so. also love never wears off at the same time for both parties.

i'm still crying buckets 10 min. after the final scene. I love the ending. at first, i was scared that it would not end the way it did. i'm glad it did though.

Well said.

For those who love "Alone in Love" and others who might still be curious to watch it, X posted a very good review of it on Twitch!

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/007393.html

Some feel the ending is a cop out, I tend to disagree. Why? Because it's not simply about happy or sad endings... it's the fact it's not over until it's over. Things like marriage, family, all those attachments and commitments at the end of the day are only words written on a paper. What counts is the choices you make, the people you decide to meet, live with, love and then even maybe part with. They might be alone for some, but that 'love', the one you can't explain with a 2 page script made to sell your Drama to Japanese housewives, is what counts. For me the sign of a great Drama, like ?? (Shin Don) or Goodbye Solo, is when the characters still populate your mind after the show is over. I still remember Princess Noguk and Shin Don, Lee Jae-Ryong and Kim Min-Hee's lovely couple, and a strange thing happened the other day... looking out of the window from a bus I started reminiscing about Eun-Ho, Dong-Jin and all those characters. Turns out I loved all of them like friends I always knew, and this Drama with them. This little Drama is 16 Episodes of pure magic. And oh... I don't think I'll be Alone in Love with it.

On Sep. 2nd 2006, "Alone in Love (2006)" won 2 awards (the best drama & the best music) at the 33rd Korea Broadcasting Awards(??????) ceremony. Congratulation! :D

woo hoo! :w00t: that's excellent new! Much deserved!

2006-09-02 At the 33rd Korea Broadcasting Prize ceremony, sbs TV drama "Alone in Love (2006)" won 2 awards (the best drama & the best music). Its music director Rho Young-shim (who is playing the piano in the following video) and musical actor Seo Tae-hwa who also played a professor in the drama presented a live concert to celebrate the ceremony.

Song title : Yi Mun-se "The words I couldn't say at that time" (이문세 - "그때 내가 미처하지 못했던 말")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKdJPobMb4

Plus, Alone in Love (2006) NG scenes (YTN Star)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3muP1-RrTU4

Congrats to the cast and crew of Alone in Love... they deserve the award coz the drama was really good and one-of-a-kind... and also the music :D

thanks galinda for suggesting this drama to me. i cant stop watching it. so now, i am forced to buy the beautiful premium package on yesasia just to enjoy this set with our mom. thanks KIDDO.

I just finished watching the drama today. My sister had recommended it to me. I had been meaning to find an asian drama that was less typical, and this gem of a drama was exactly what I was looking for :D. Despite being more "slow paced" than most dramas, the slow pace allowed me to savour every moment.

As corny as it sounds, watching this drama made me feel like I was tagging along to the characters' journeys. The characters never felt fake, but seemed to be completely sincere. I've got to say that this drama made me fall for Gam Woo Seon :P. He is pure awesomeness. Although I had never been a particular fan of Son Ye-jin, she definitely blew me away in this drama. Both presented touching performances.

I don't normally cry while watching dramas or movies (there's always the few exceptions), but I caught myself crying in various scenes towards the end of the drama. You just want them to be together so badly, despite their flaws, despite their difficulties. At one point, I wanted them to just like...grab each other. A kind of burst of unguarded emotion....good thing I didn't write the script :P. Typically, this separation would've become tedious, but the script handled it well. Instead of feeling annoyed, I felt heartache. Yeah, I know, sappy, but c'mon, I definitely got my worth out of that tissue box sitting on my desk.

Every drama has its flaws, but in this case, the pros seem to cover up the cons.

Awesome drama. Worth a watch for sure :D

Archived