Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Ready for more LJG angst? No? You're getting it anywayz. :tongue:

My heart hurts already. In preparation. 

Give it to me!  <<<I keep hearing Se7en's song and whistles when I say that>>>>

I told you...he will cry 3 times.  hahaha  

I watched again (No...really?  it's not on repeat *cough*) and MCW also has a gun.  

• Like 7

1 July 2017 is definitely the happiest day ever for a JG fan.It certainly is for me.I almost missed my train home, when i got the JG insta notification for the trailer.I am just like :

:tumblr_osfez6Cpfi1w2cbngo1_250.gif

In one day :

a. We get Engrish speaking oppa on instagram with more words than just emoji.

b. two jg insta posts

b. TVN confirms air date for criminal minds.

c. We get those awesome teasers. I spotted you Hyun Joon oppa doing the swagger model walk in the trailer.My hawk eyes didnt miss that:wub:. A round of applause for TVN.

tumblr_osff3pjqJd1w2cbngo1_500.gif

• Like 8

@pixelsticks Here's the teaser translation provided, of course, by LJG International Fans Club :wub:

And so we know that:

Lee Joon-Gi is Kim Hyun-Jun / NCI investigative agent
Moon Chae Won is Han Sung-Woo / NCI behavioral analyst
Son Hyun Joo is NCI Team Leader
Lee Sun Bin is Yu Min-Young NCI media liaison officer
Kim Young Chul is NCI chief
Yoo Sun is Nana Wang  NCI technical analyst
Koh Yun is Lee Min NCI youngest agent, a genius

Edited by glassnokamen
Added comment
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, minmar said:

Hello my dear friends. It has been so long since I have posted but I keep dropping by periodically to see what you guys are doing. You are keeping things running well. Great comments!   Great PIcs! :D

@minmar! I was wondering if you left us for good. :( Glad you didn't! You're peeping in the best moment. There's a... TEASER!!! Yeeeeaaaaaah!!! Celebrate with us. :)

6 hours ago, zi4r said:

Ready for more LJG angst? No? You're getting it anywayz. :tongue:

I always think I'm ready and I'm always wrong! *sigh*

This scene looks like... I don't know but the story in my head goes like this: some action failed, like a victim killed and culprit run away, so he feels guilty and can't work anymore THEN he meets the new team leader who tells him to join so this will never happen again. 

I wonder what will actually happen in drama.

2 hours ago, violina said:

A round of applause for TVN.

...and a gif of always looking so fine Lee Joon Gi! :wub: I love his hair in the gif.

1 hour ago, glassnokamen said:

Here's the teaser translation provided, of course, by LJG International Fans Club :wub:

Oh wow so my guessing can be right. :D

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cedarwood said:

This scene looks like... I don't know but the story in my head goes like this: some action failed, like a victim killed and culprit run away, so he feels guilty and can't work anymore THEN he meets the new team leader who tells him to join so this will never happen again. 

I wonder what will actually happen in drama.

I was talking to @pixelsticks about JG's Hyun-jun character arc yesterday before the teasers came out, and I was guessing kinda a similar story arc. For me, what pointed me in that direction isn't the bomb scene, but a few things @LyraYoo pointed out to me in CM thread and JG's Vogue interview.

The interview sounded like he wasn't part of the profiler team initially. So I thought.... he'd be:

A normal agent (with a lot of years of service under his belt, but not as a profiler)

--> then worked with the team as an extended investigative arm

--> become part of the team (due to some tragedy, because well, he's JG and angst follows him in every drama)

--> some tragedy in SHJ's character life ending up giving more responsibility to JG's Hyun-jun (due to seniority in terms of years of service.... That might add some squabble with the team, because he hasn't been part of the team that long)

And I am really looking forward to seeing SHJ and JG's character dynamics.

When I first saw the Vogue shoot, I wasn't sure of the tone....... and then the more I watched it, the more it speaks to me. Yes, it was a fashion shoot, but I feel as if I was seeing more their characters than themselves in there.

I saw a lot of juxtaposition with how they edited the video with the two of them:

- Old-school     vs    New-blood

- SHJ's molten empathetic eyes      vs     JG's sharp-as-knife gaze & the self-assuredness (almost a hint of cockiness)

- SHJ's solid stance     vs     JG's grace & fluidity

Maybe I'm reading too much into it....... but if nothing else, from all the pieces of info we've been given so far, that dynamic fits their characters like a glove! It should mean, if nothing else, the casting was genius!

7 hours ago, violina said:

1 July 2017 is definitely the happiest day ever for a JG fan.It certainly is for me.

In one day :

a. We get Engrish speaking oppa on instagram with more words than just emoji.

b. two jg insta posts

b. TVN confirms air date for criminal minds.

c. We get those awesome teasers. I spotted you Hyun Joon oppa doing the swagger model walk in the trailer.My hawk eyes didnt miss that:wub:. A round of applause for TVN.

Yes yes yes!!!! I can't believe they gave us a ton of things to be happy for in one day!

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

he will cry 3 times.

It's JG. I have a feeling '3' might be too small a number.

Well, I know for sure, he's gonna make me cry at least double-digit number of times. He always does. My poor heart.

And..... replying to some older posts:

On 7/1/2017 at 6:05 AM, cedarwood said:

Please don't stop! You're tossing my heart in honey.

You're gonna regret that. Because once I start waxing poetic about JG, it gets outta hand pretty fast. :grimace:

On 7/1/2017 at 4:23 AM, pixelsticks said:

I tell you, I think JG will age like a fine wine and it will only compliment/add to his acting.   He will be one that I will still search for his next photoshoot, time and time again.  

Couldn't agree more.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:34 PM, pixelsticks said:

How DOES JG feel?

I'm trying to keep it PG here..... so erm.... I shouldn't talk about it. teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

On 7/1/2017 at 4:21 AM, violina said:

:heart: I was just like you when I read this..what caught my eye especially was the words you have highlighted.Everything else was just blah blah blah but when I saw that I was just like "yes girl preach".I really am that helpless sometimes.I really need to step outside more and stop being this obsessed.:D

Hahaha! Yes, I read everything K-entertainment related with "What does it say about JG?" as the main purpose for reading! We're all hopelessly obsessive, aren't we?

(I have a question. Why are all the soompi emojis disappearing?)

Anyway, hoping for more happy days like this in July & beyond!!!

happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292

• Like 9

So many good things: a confirmed date, many pictures, a teaser, LJG's IG posts, LJG's smiles, a teaser, the teaser....
but i'm on a bad streak, it's been a week since my internet conection at home is dead and my cellphones were robbed, my drive with all my LJG pictures was robbed too... i can't access to soompi... i can't access to LJG news. :tears: so i won't be able to post here until next weekend when i will be at my hometown unless i find out what's the matter with my internet conection before... 
i'm dying guys... so many LJG's goodies and i can't see them :bawling:

• Like 9

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

You're gonna regret that. Because once I start waxing poetic about JG, it gets outta hand pretty fast. :grimace:

Go ahead! :D

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it....... but if nothing else, from all the pieces of info we've been given so far, that dynamic fits their characters like a glove! It should mean, if nothing else, the casting was genius!

It may be. After all those photoshots always touch the drama topic and it's not a surprise that main characters are in pictures. I wonder why there was no Moon Chae Won.

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

I'm trying to keep it PG here..... so erm.... I shouldn't talk about it. teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

Oh no no no no no you're not gonna get away with this! Tell us! :D

4 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

So many good things: a confirmed date, many pictures, a teaser, LJG's IG posts, LJG's smiles, a teaser, the teaser....
but i'm on a bad streak, it's been a week since my internet conection at home is dead and my cellphones were robbed, my drive with all my LJG pictures was robbed too... i can't access to soompi... i can't access to LJG news. :tears: so i won't be able to post here until next weekend when i will be at my hometown unless i find out what's the matter with my internet conection before... 

Jesus Christ what happened?! You were robbed?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG noooo!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. 

Hope you'll have new items soon. Don't worry about the pictures, you'll go to my pinterest account and I bet I have every LJG picture in the world saved. Come back to us soon. The prize will be sweet, the trailer is waiting for you. 

Hugs!

• Like 6

An article in wich the carachters of CM are explain :)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/02/tvns-criminal-minds-releases-first-teaser-video-character-descriptions-main-cast/

"Lee Joon Gi will play Kim Hyun Joon, a member of the NCI’s on-site investigation team. The character is someone who doesn’t seem all that serious in his day-to-day life, but completely changes once he enters a crime scene. He is also the most proactive member of his team and is full of surprises."

• Like 14

4 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/02/tvns-criminal-minds-releases-first-teaser-video-character-descriptions-main-cast/

"Lee Joon Gi will play Kim Hyun Joon, a member of the NCI’s on-site investigation team. The character is someone who doesn’t seem all that serious in his day-to-day life, but completely changes once he enters a crime scene. He is also the most proactive member of his team and is full of surprises."

Hmm so our Lee Joon Gi is playing himself:D:).You can always trust JG to be multi dimensional in every work he is in. 'Doesn't seem all that serious in his day to day life' , 'proactive member of his team' and full of surprises(his BTS videos , dancing, mood maker on film set anyone?) his Instagram account?But then when its time to act or when giving magazine interviews.He turns 180 degrees and all the funny, crazy, flamboyant JG gone. He suddenly goes all philosophical, serious and intense. For those who are not fans but have only seen his fan meets. Know his Instagram account but haven't watched his dramas, or came across a BTS video of his on YouTube? wouldn't they think like this;  'man this guy has too much energy' is he ever serious?Does he ever slow down?He cant even sit still for a second?

The inverse being for the drama fans who only watch his dramas, and maybe came across his written and a maybe the older video interviews.They wouldn't think he has such a playful side to his personality.The  Korean media doesn't help with this at all.They frequently portray him as this very serious, unapproachable and  mysterious person.When all his co stars and staff, his fans and he himself have all debunked that misconception.

For us fans who know both of his sides, if the character allows him to display both his serious and playful side.This drama is going to be so much fun.I haven't seen that playful side of his, utilized to its fullest in dramas since Hero.Well Satto was the closest i guess.But then satto was more sarcastic and 'pretend not to care but am a puppy kind of character'.I mean wang so had his moments when he could be cheeky and naughty but someone counted, JG only had a full on happy smile in Ryeo for about 10 times.  

I hear the original did have a little humour just to balance the dark stuff.So If Hyun Joon is gonna be the one to cause chaos and shake things up, while doing funny antics at the same time, to lighten the mood every once in a while.I will be a happy bunny.I know JG would certainly kill it.on and off screen too.

• Like 14

@cedarwood thank you for your kind words, and i'm pretty interested in visiting your pinterest as soon as i have internet access, please share the link.

about the artcle @glassnokamen shared (thank you!!!) i must agree with @violina, this character seems to be so close to his real self! i love the idea to see the playful side of him, and i know he can be multidimensonal and rock every trait of his character

• Like 7

16 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Damn damn criminals! And I KNOW you had a ton of LJG pics and did that also include all of your MLSHR video captures? :crazy: I'm ready to pound the deviant who stole all that from you! :angry: Good luck with your internet and possible retrieval of stolen goods.  And we can send you links to lots of JG goodies if it is needed.  

11 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Hope you'll have new items soon. Don't worry about the pictures, you'll go to my pinterest account and I bet I have every LJG picture in the world saved. Come back to us soon. The prize will be sweet, the trailer is waiting for you. 

Pinterest account full of JG? :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

I'm so sorry I can't help more.

Here's the link: https://pl.pinterest.com/agn_dramy/piękne-oczy/

And there it is! 

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I am glad to see CM-US executive producer Harry Bring is supporting the CM Korean version esp with the special mention of LJG.  Aside from his tweet below, he also retweeted the teaser. 

Me too!  Spread the JG love!  

9 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

I am SO interested to see how they (the writers, the directors and JG) play this out! And I agree with @violina, it does sound like JG's own true character (that we have been given access to).  I tend to be the same in my own life and I always wonder why people have such a hard time combining the two and accepting that in a person.  Why is it so hard to think people can be both serious when they need to be and a goofball when they can? ^_^ :tongue:

And as I was discussing this with @zi4r, I did feel that we will see some conflict not only between SHJ's character and Hyun Jun/Joon (is there a consensus here?), but also between HJ and MCW's character as her description shows that she is a serious profiler who likes to perform by the book.  I'm betting Hyun Joon does want to get the job done as well, but not always in the same way as the team. 

As for the angsty Hyun Joon/Jun we see in the trailer....I have my thoughts as well.  

Spoiler

I do think it is setup/capture of criminal that has gone wrong...probably a decision that Hyun Joon convinced the team to do, with much bravado and confidence...but it backfired and someone (or many) people got hurt/died.  And Hyun Joon is reeling from the consequences of his actions/decisions.   But is the team his EOD team (and he is not part of NCI yet) or is it one of the first with NCI as NCI?  I'm feeling that he is involved with NCI as an EOD/police officer for a few crimes/episodes and through their interactions with him...that eventually leads to him being invited to be on their team. 

• Like 10

On 01/07/2017 at 6:20 PM, minmar said:

Hello my dear friends. It has been so long since I have posted but I keep dropping by periodically to see what you guys are doing. You are keeping things running well. Great comments!   Great PIcs! :D

I noticed that a bit of concern surrounds the list of credits for CM.  Worry Not!  Don't think of it as first place starring role vs second. This is an ensemble piece and it puts Joon exactly where he belongs....as one of a prestigious group of A list actors. Deference is given Son Hyun Joo being the senior...for age and length of his acting career.  That is how professionals see it! 

@minmar I understand you were able to say that to console all fans but.... 

People don't just give up, give in or disregard careers or business opportunities because of seniority. Certainly actors won't give up billing spot because of seniority and definitely LJG's place is not on second spot esp wherever you look, he is the face of this drama- promotions/marketing-wise. Even the teaser showed an extra shots on his character (I want to say it again) Besides pre-2013, SHJ has only been on supporting roles unlike LJG who's been headlining since 2005. (No disrespect to a Sunbae intended, just stating facts)

Spoiler

Sadly some fans(maybe not really fans) underestimate his worth. I feel sorry for those die-hard fans who spend tons of money on full-page adverts on magazines and and billboards just to keep him on top. 

I wonder if they also agree that  PYC & PHJ are bigger actors than LJG? It does not make sense.

Even Park Yoo Chun got the first spot over Son Hyun Joo in 'Three Days' or Park Hae Jin top billed in Man to Man over a senior actor Park Sung Wong.

LJG was the front runner( though he still is in actual promotions both official & unofficial) in casting credits in the internet from January with the announcement of the casting offers. Then he was also listed as the first actor in Taewon website.  He was listed as first in the Naver CM website too until recently. What cause him to give up that spot? Hmmm - I am a little disappointed that he did give up that first spot whether voluntary or forcefully . Though I am not going to whine further as I don't know exactly what happened behind closed doors.

@pixelsticks 

Spoiler

What you said about Hyun Jun's backstory was similar to that of Jason Gideon's where he lost 6 of his men in one of the operations. Though it was  only shown in narrative or in their dialogues & was not actually shown visually. 

• Like 4

*** Finally, it's almost here! Count me in. Can’t wait to see this drama. I look forward to see how they apply it into an Asian setting. I’m excited to see Lee Joon Gi in a modern drama. Stellar cast looks great! Ye!!!!Bring it on tvN. :tongue:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I am glad to see CM-US executive producer Harry Bring is supporting the CM Korean version esp with the special mention of LJG.  Aside from his tweet below, he also retweeted the teaser.

Hi missmaudy, thanks for sharing this. Can’t wait to see the drama to kick off on July 26. July 26, come faster please!  Now, counting down days to the premiere. I expect he'll deliver the goods in this show. Let's hope that it would be awesome. I’m hoping that this will be more than good. Well, whatever..... LJK still rock my world. LJK is back on the small screen soon & in modern clothes! I know I don’t really dig remakes but I do have high hopes for this! I wonder if Dramafever and Viki will have license to carry this drama. :tongue:

• Like 3

@antoniaclamens Wait what??? You were robbed??!!!! OMG! **hugs**

You okay? I mean, physically. You weren't hurt, were you??? OMG....

Hope you can resolve your internet issues soon. And please be safe!

15 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

As for the angsty Hyun Joon/Jun we see in the trailer....I have my thoughts as well.  

Hide contents

I do think it is setup/capture of criminal that has gone wrong...probably a decision that Hyun Joon convinced the team to do, with much bravado and confidence...but it backfired and someone (or many) people got hurt/died.  And Hyun Joon is reeling from the consequences of his actions/decisions.   But is the team his EOD team (and he is not part of NCI yet) or is it one of the first with NCI as NCI?  I'm feeling that he is involved with NCI as an EOD/police officer for a few crimes/episodes and through their interactions with him...that eventually leads to him being invited to be on their team. 

Oooooh..... The part about Hyun-jun's bravado & its consequences....... A nice little add to the storyline in my head! ^_^

The part about "EOD" vs "NCI"...... the word "Police" on his gear makes me believe along the same line as well.

On 7/2/2017 at 5:22 PM, cedarwood said:

Oh no no no no no you're not gonna get away with this! Tell us! :D

Hmmmm...... teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793 Nope! teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

Just a hint....... Everyone in my household has agreed that I should express my "feelings" towards JG's mag spreads only in the privacy of the bedroom. :D

On 7/2/2017 at 5:22 PM, cedarwood said:

Don't worry about the pictures, you'll go to my pinterest account and I bet I have every LJG picture in the world saved.

I have a love-hate relationship with pinterest...... and I'm actually going through the "hate" part of the cycle. But your words are so tempting...... I've gotta visit your account.

• Like 5