Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@pixelsticks I love Joon Gi's reaction to PMY's whispering lol and I like how you have merged the two scenes in your Instagram post:D Very clever:)

@missmaudyThank you for posting the live journal article - it was a really interesting read.  Even though we have probably heard some of these answers before, I think because these interviews were conducted not long after K&C was released and he was so much younger, his answers contained more information and I feel he spoke more candidly.

@cedarwoodI am pretty sad that Facebook have taken down the English translated/subbed versions of My Ears Candy from LJG International's site.  They have put so much work into this so that more people can have the opportunity to understand and enjoy the content of this programme.  I understand about copyright but can't they (whoever they are ie, TvN ) see that this is promoting their programme and getting it out to more viewers??  I thought Korean Entertainment wanted their programmes to reach 'the world'.  The way I see it - translating/subbing = the Hallyu they are so proud of.   Sorry for my rant - actually as you will have now realised I'm more than sad - I'm really mad :(:angry: I hope a solution is found for this so we can enjoy the last episode subbed and any future LJG programmes.

• Like 11

Many fans disappointed with namoo because the lack of management, etc i hear many fans complaint about namoo, maybe cuz JG is their first hallyu star artist in their agency LOL. But people also say compare to other, namoo is more clean and flexible, i think namoo is the most suitable company if we look from JG personality XD

as we know he have a really bad experience with his last company

• Like 13

1 hour ago, chouchiyo said:

Many fans disappointed with namoo because the lack of management, etc i hear many fans complaint about namoo, maybe cuz JG is their first hallyu star artist in their agency LOL. But people also say compare to other, namoo is more clean and flexible, i think namoo is the most suitable company if we look from JG personality XD

I also think they treat him well and he has a good relationship with the staff there :) They are managing a lot of actors too, like Ji Sung, so I trust their judgement as well. And he is probably the biggest star they have at the moment (hallyu wise), so they better continue take good care of him :wink: 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, chouchiyo said:

I actually saw a couple fans on Twitter who seemed kind of disappointed about LJG renewing with Namoo, which confused me because I thought Namoo seemed to treat him really well. lol For example, I love the bts videos they release of him from his projects (dramas, magazine photoshoots, etc). Plus I was super surprised when overseas fans were able to purchase his latest photobooks (the Hawaii ones) if they contacted the agency (unfortunately, I missed out on that because my bank couldn't wire transfer money to South Korea... :'( ). 

However, I just became his fan last year, so I thought I probably missed something. ^^;; From the article, it does seem like Namoo is taking into account his 2nd wave of popularity from Moon Lovers, etc. Of course, only time will tell if there really are changes going on. Namoo seems to be a good fit for JG though and he obviously wouldn't have renewed if he wasn't happy. And well, happy JG is all I want. haha

• Like 13

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I also think they treat him well and he has a good relationship with the staff there :) They are managing a lot of actors too, like Ji Sung, so I trust their judgement as well. And he is probably the biggest star they have at the moment (hallyu wise), so they better continue take good care of him :wink: 

The biggest winner was the Resident Evil production. They knew the exact formula to capture the China market. On top of that, they released the movie during the Moon Lovers craze. Talk about perfect timing. He is probably the only actor I know who has very little screen time yet plays a big role in the promotion of the movie. Well I can foresee the positive impact of this one on his career in the long run and I think it's a win-win to both sides. So it's ok.

Further, box office from these countries made up 75% of the movie's worldwide Box office; China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan.  If sales from these countries declined significantly like the rest of the countries where RE was marketed, the movie would have been a big flop.

About him signing again with Namoo, Geez I am glad and relieved. I was a little worried when Namoo deleted the tweet about his upcoming Fan meeting concert. Good thing everything works out well.

I am also glad that they would be putting more marketing staff on LJGs team. I hope this time someone can look after the Wikipedia page. lol  Well we all know that it's unreliable site but we have to admit it's has some influence somehow. His profile in that website was badly written much like written by an anti-fan.

I am really looking forward for more acting projects from LJG. Namoo didn't find him any acting projects for 2016-2017 yet, unless if they confirm CM. I know he's been busy with other stuff and activities which are probably more financially rewarding than dramas or movies but I hope he is going back to acting very soon. All the best to our man! :)

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 17

7 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

The biggest winner was the Resident Evil production. They knew the exact formula to capture the China market. On top of that, they released the movie during the Moon Lovers craze. Talk about perfect timing. He is probably the only actor I know who has very little screen time yet plays a big role in the promotion of the movie. Well I can foresee the positive impact of this one on his career in the long run and I think it's a win-win to both sides. So it's ok.

Further, box office from these countries made up 75% of the movie's worldwide Box office; China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan.  If sales from these countries declined significantly like the rest of the countries where RE was marketed, the movie would have been a big flop.

About him signing again with Namoo, Geez I am glad and relieve. I was a little worried when Namoo deleted the tweet about his upcoming Fan meeting concert. Good thing everything works out well.

I am also glad that they would be putting more marketing staff on LJGs team. I hope this time someone can look after the Wikipedia page. lol  Well we all know that it's unreliable site but we have to admit it's has some influence somehow. His profile in that website was badly written much like written by an anti-fan.

I am really looking forward for more acting projects from LJG. Namoo didn't find him any acting projects for 2016-2017 yet, unless if they confirm CM. I know he's been busy with other stuff and activities which are probably more financially rewarding than dramas or movies but I hope he is going back to acting very soon. All the best to our man! :)

I don't know if his management had a lot to say about the release of RE, but indeed the timing was perfect. Good thing it happened before the whole THAAD thing with China got bigger like it is now, otherwise it could have been compromised... unless they would have gone easy on his appearance because it is short. And yes, I was also surprised they allowed him that much attention about a cameo of RE, whose star is Milla Jovovich. But I'm very happy and grateful of Milla and Paul, and the whole PR team ! ^^ 

About the acting project, I think he had some scripts to review but he is veeeeryyyy careful on choosing projects, and this time he definitely doesn't want a sageuk as a follow up so it might take more time. But right now I'm about 90% sure he is in for Criminal Minds, otherwise we would have heard of another offer for another project right now. (But I could be totally wrong and only time will tell us ! ^^).

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

I actually saw a couple fans on Twitter who seemed kind of disappointed about LJG renewing with Namoo, which confused me because I thought Namoo seemed to treat him really well. lol For example, I love the bts videos they release of him from his projects (dramas, magazine photoshoots, etc). Plus I was super surprised when overseas fans were able to purchase his latest photobooks (the Hawaii ones) if they contacted the agency (unfortunately, I missed out on that because my bank couldn't wire transfer money to South Korea... :'( ). 

However, I just became his fan last year, so I thought I probably missed something. ^^;; From the article, it does seem like Namoo is taking into account his 2nd wave of popularity from Moon Lovers, etc. Of course, only time will tell if there really are changes going on. Namoo seems to be a good fit for JG though and he obviously wouldn't have renewed if he wasn't happy. And well, happy JG is all I want. haha

I don't understand those fans who go overboard. Why would they interfere on the business affair of LJG? I am sure LJG knows what he is doing.

For me any negative publicity is not good in the Korean entertainment market, well unless if its written constructively. Sadly, most often it's not. So those fans should just chill and bite their tongue and just support LJG. Just my two cents.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I don't know if his management had a lot to say about the release of RE, but indeed the timing was perfect. Good thing it happened before the whole THAAD thing with China got bigger like it is now, otherwise it could have been compromised... unless they would have gone easy on his appearance because it is short. And yes, I was also surprised they allowed him that much attention about a cameo of RE, whose star is Milla Jovovich. But I'm very happy and grateful of Milla and Paul, and the whole PR team ! ^^ 

About the acting project, I think he had some scripts to review but he is veeeeryyyy careful on choosing projects, and this time he definitely doesn't want a sageuk as a follow up so it might take more time. But right now I'm about 90% sure he is in for Criminal Minds, otherwise we would have heard of another offer for another project right now. (But I could be totally wrong and only time will tell us ! ^^).

I don't think RE would be affected by the THAAD thing. Of course the release of RE was not on LJG Management Control. But RE Marketing team knew the perfect timing and what's required to make things work in China. They probably didn't think the movie would flop in Europe and the Americas. Good thing they check the market in East Asia & LJGs influence in the region. If you check on movies that get big in China, it's either BIG local production, BIG hollywood production with Chinese superstar in it or VERY BIG Hollywood production. Even Logan only managed to get approx $105M. The Great Wall which is another BIG Hollywood/Chinese production with so many Chinese actors (maybe not so well-known) in it yet they only get $170M. Whilst RE with basically only have LJG as influential actor in the East made closed to $162M. (Sorry I didn't consider Rola as popular as I don't know her. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)

So how did a low-budget hollywood movie like RE make big in China? Much less, I don't think they spend much on marketing and promotions. Also, consider they had Li Bing Bing in the previous installment, yet they only managed to make $17M as in just One Seven M in China.

P.S. Just according to my reading. LJG may not be popular in SEA region pre MoonLovers as he is now but he has maintained his popularity in East Asia for all these years since the The King and the Clown.  Proof - He was invited as the only guest in Happy Time,  a variety show in China in 2013. (Btw, they described him as an actor of thousand faces. They also talked a little about his martial art skills, his job before becoming popular. Oh well you better watch it.) I think only popular celebrities get to be invited as a sole guest. Ji Chang Wook was invited I think last year but really he had very less screen time as he was invited along with other local stars. (2) - LJG has been doing his fan meeting successfully and regularly in China until the THAAD issue. (3) If you want good materials about LJG? Get it from weibo. I noticed that many English subbed materials about LJG were translated from Chinese sources.

Additional P.S. - My POV, LJG has an edge over other actors. Many k-actors are only popular in either country. LJG is both popular in Japan and China. Seriously these countries are the biggest economies in the world, 3rd and 2nd respectively. It is just a matter of marketing him right and promoting his strong point and competitive advantage. His agency should learn from the RE PR guys. :) (I hope the TTAAD controversy will be over soon. China should just let SK have this missile defense system. Anyway they also probably have their own missiles.)

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 15

The most disappointed are Korean fans, as said @chouchiyo they complain about the lack of management of Namoo. I also knew that there are fans who didn't want Joon Gi renewed contract with Namoo and especially lately that in Joon Gi's DCgallery there are posts comparing Korean version and international version of MLSHR and are very annoyed to realize that there are several deleted scenes of Joon Gi, in addition to the script filtering and drama editing problems. Well they say that Namoo does not protect him by allowing him to be treated that way.
In addition to this they say that in these 3 years they haven't done anything, especially these last 2 years since they haven't got him good works (I guess they refer to the screenplay because that is what I have read previously) and he has worked with a rookie actress and an idol actress, also say that they are managing Joon Gi as an idol and they forget that he is an actor, they don't do their basic task and use him to favor their external image and they only care about the money.
They also say that they don't work on the rumors since there are articles with false information, in addition in the search of words the name of Joon Gi is related to other works like for example Bride of the Water God (apparently this bother them) and they don't act about the antifans who create malicious rumors about Joon Gi. There are many other things that some fans complain but I can not understand it well since I use the Google translator, well but as there are some fans who criticize his decisions there are also other fans who say that although they can not being in agreement with his decisions will support him in everything he does.

• Like 10

@lisethvr What I think about the rookie and idol co-star issue; for saying that, I think his Korean fans underestimated him. They didn't realised that SWWTN was centred in LJG character. If they look at it closely Gwi was actually the second most important character. LYB was just a candy. My only comment about IUs casting was her dating controversy. As you know it's a big deal in SK. 

About MLSHR & International versions difference, I think some fans were just too picky. I have seen both seriously those differences were not that significant. Few Wang So scenes cut didn't affect LEe Joon Gis iconic performance for that character. 

By the way, who's decision is it that LJG would only be doing one drama a year? We don't know right? Who's decision is it that LJG will wait for CM? We also don't know, right? What  I like about CM is, it's really different from his previous project. I also like it that it's pre-produced and the promise of bigger production budget.

As for marketing LJG, Namoo should learn from the RE marketing team. :) 

• Like 9

On 3/31/2017 at 6:23 PM, missmaudy said:

@lisethvr What I think about the rookie and idol co-star issue; for saying that, I think his Korean fans underestimated him. They didn't realised that SWWTN was centred in LJG character. If they look at it closely Gwi was actually the second most important character. LYB was just a candy. My only comment about IUs casting was her dating controversy. As you know it's a big deal in SK. 

About MLSHR & International versions difference, I think some fans were just too picky. I have seen both seriously those differences were not that significant. Few Wang So scenes cut didn't affect LEe Joon Gis iconic performance for that character. 

By the way, who's decision is it that LJG would only be doing one drama a year? We don't know right? Who's decision is it that LJG will wait for CM? We also don't know, right? What  I like about CM is, it's really different from his previous project. I also like it that it's pre-produced and the promise of bigger production budget.

As for marketing LJG, Namoo should learn from the RE marketing team. :) 

I think fans are always going to watch his dramas or movies even if they don't agree  with casting of the female lead, well unless they hate her then they would not, but I wonder how they can hate someone who they don't know personally, well what I want to say is that I think it's the other viewers in general those who if they don't like the actress would not watch his dramas no matter how good it is. So I think this is the reason why it's important to the fans who is his co-female star.

And about MLSHR I think that for some fans the fact of deleting scenes of the male lead especially if they consider that some were important scenes for the plot in favor of other less important scenes of other actors is a lack of respect and also a inconsideration for the hard work of Joon Gi.

With regard to the final decision of what drama or movie he wants to do, Joon Gi said before that Namoo takes him many scripts but in the end it is he who chooses what he wants to do, so I think are these fans who are treating him as an idol to believe that Namoo can manage at will Joon Gi. I believe that anything that Namoo does always will be with his approval.

• Like 15

Hi, for those of you who have tvN channel on your cable tv (maybe South East Asian countries only?), episode 4 of My Ear Candy is currently airing, with both English and Chinese subtitles. Love how he misleads Bunny Bunny that he is a singer with a music programme, when she says she thinks she knows who he is from his voice being similar over the phone and tv! :D

Episode 4 will be showing at various times every day this week until Thur/Fri, and Episode 5 from Fri night onwards (Singapore/Malaysian time). It's in HD & LJG looks awesome! :wub:

• Like 14

8 hours ago, missmaudy said:

@lisethvr Were those people in the queue waiting for their turn for selfie with LJG? Look like everyone in the surroundings was looking at them even those two people in the far right.

Maybe yes or maybe they had already done it and they were just following him. This is the translation of the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVjhpNFHJO4xRTvzVrr3uo33ty5gSN8cYSybs0/?taken-by=ring.of.jg&hl=es

• Like 3

Yes @pixelsticks the stream was terrible :(  I set my alarm and got up to watch Mr Red Ginseng and Bunny Bunny but I really didn't see a lot.   I had to keep refreshing the page but that didn't last long.  It was really disappointing.  Oh well I guess we'll get to see snippets of it with subs even if we don't get to see the whole programme. So it's back to bed now. It's daylight saving change over for Autumn here tonight so I get an extra hour's sleep:tongue:

• Like 7