Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Ahh, maybe it's because I didn't expect much from SBS, but I'm so pleased that fans pulled through for LJG with the Hallyu award voting. It may be 'just' a popularity award, but considering the others he would have been up against, some of whom are the current 'it boys' with pretty active fanbases, I wouldn't consider it to be anything to sneeze at :sweatingbullets:

That said, looking at the long list of awards above, especially the double awards for several categories, it's pretty obvious SBS split the categories haphazardly because they wanted to give a lot of actors an award / good reason to attend. Apart from JG, it seems SBS also didn't award big names like Jisung or Jun Ji Hyun with anything on the acting front. I would have expected at least JJH to get something ... none of the main actress awards were shared lol. Did those two attend?

• Like 10

4 hours ago, booho said:

No, KHN and LJG got nominee in diffrent level, Ha Neul is on excellence ( Suppoting actor ) and Joon Gi is on Top Excellence ( the main actor ), in His nominee, Haneul was the most stand-out compare the other even the rating maybe the lowest,  but u can see who compete in Top excellence 

Here the list of the winner, and we can say All artist and actor got an award LOL, I just can say SBS drawa award this year only wanna please everybody equally

and the weird things is Jun Ji Hyun didn't get anything except best couple 0____0

Excellence Actor in a full-length drama: Yeo Jin Goo (Daebak)

Excellence Actress in a full-length drama: Kim Ji Young (Love is Coming)

Excellence Actor in a romantic comedy: Minhyuk (Ddandara)

Excellence Actress in a romantic comedy: Minah (Beautiful Gongshim)

Excellence Actor in a genre drama: Yoo Seung Ho (Remember - Son's War), Yoo Yeon Suk (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim)

Excellence Actress in a genre drama: Seo Hyun Jin (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim)

Excellence Actor in a fantasy drama: Kang Ha Neul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

Excellence Actress in a fantasy drama: Oh Yeon Seo (Please Come Back, Mister)

Top Excellence Actor in a romantic comedy: Nam Goong Min (Beautiful Gongshim), Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate)

Top Excellence Actress in a romantic comedy: Gong Hyo Jin (Jealousy Incarnate)

Top Excellence Actor in a genre/fantasy drama: Kim Rae Won (Doctors), Lee Min Ho (Legend of the Blue Sea)

Top Excellence Actress in a genre/fantasy drama: Park Shin Hye (Doctors)

Top Excellence Actor in a full-length drama: Jang Geun Suk (Daebak)

Top Excellence Actress in a full-length drama: Kim Hye Sook (Yeah, That's How it Is)

Best Couple Award: Seo Hyun Jin & Yoo Yeon Suk (Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim), Lee Jun Ki & Lee Ji Eun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Lee Min Ho & Jun Ji Hyun (Legend of the Blue Sea)

Special Actor in a full-length drama: Song Jae Rim (Our Gab Soon)

Special Actress in a full-length drama: Kim So Yeon (Our Gab Soon)
Special Actor in a romantic comedy: Ohn Joo Wan (Beautiful Gong Shim)
Special Actress in a romantic comedy: Seo Ji Hye (Jealousy Incarnate)
Special Actor in a genre drama: Park Sung Ong (Remember - Son's War)
Special Actress in a genre drama: Hyosung (Wanted)
Special Actor in a fantasy drama: Sung Dong Il (Legend of the Blue Sea)
Special Actress in a fantasy drama: Seohyun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

Hallyu Award: Lee Jun Ki

Idol Academy Award: Yoo Yeon Suk & Seo Hyun Jin for kiss scene (Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim), Jun Ji Hyun & Lee Min Ho for mukbang (Legend of the Blue Sea), Lee Ji Eun for sad character (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

Teen Choice Award: Kim Sung Ryung, Nam Goong Min, Park Shin Hye, Seo Hyun Jin, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jun Ki, Jang Geun Suk, Jun Ji Hyun, Jo Jung Suk, Han Suk Gyu

New Star Award: Go Kyung Pyo, Hyeri, Kim Min Suk, Yang Jin Sung, Kim Min Jae, Moon Ji In, Kwan Si Yang, Jung Hye In, Minah, Baekhyun

Lifetime Achievement Award: Jang Yong (Our Gab Soon)

Teen Choice ??? You mean Top 10 Award.

• Like 2

I am sure Lee Joon Gi is happy and truly grateful for the awards he received. At least the awards were an affirmation of how much he's loved by many. He did his part as an actor with his phenomenal performance. I think that what matters most for an actor.  

As for me, I was drawn to him because of his amazing performance of Wang So. The best performance I have seen in my kdrama addiction. 

• Like 12

Ugh anyway, I don't have time to be super salty about the award everyday. It obviously seemed sketchy. Two winners in one category (and other categories as well), choosing over veteran actors. Thereafter, the said veteran actors win awards. Yeahhhh

Anyway

Can we just appreciate Joon Gi's lightly tanned skin and brushed up hair, yes? Can we just appreciate his perfect nose and jawline and eyes and just generally existing? Yeah? Okay? Let's do that.

C1A7E0eUQAEDbuG.jpg

C1A-h2iUkAQxsji.jpg

C1AjlYiUUAAw6pg.jpg

C1AjmgFUkAU3mMn.jpg

C1AKQQOVIAEN2wV.jpg

He looks so effortless at 34 it's not even fair

• Like 24

11 hours ago, yumezu said:

OMG I'm so disappointed now! Why in the world he didn't get any for acting awards? Not that I'm not grateful for his winning in other categories, but seeing he lost to LMH? of all the people *sigh* :bawling: at least Top Excellence award should be his. Even the fans chants are louder when they screened  Wang So's cuts (plus its an epic scene!). Can you tell Wang So is loved SBS?!! Apparently that's how the played, I feel like SBS saved him a Hallyu Star awards to compensate Top Excellence and/or Daesang awards. What the heck, a mess for me! I thought I would be okay that he won 3 trophies based on votes, but mann I'm so sad right now. Expectations really kills me now. Hmmm

Lee Min Ho supposed to win the Hallyu Award. I am sorry, but his drama so far nothing to shout about. The character that he played were safe and merely to feed us with eye candy. But Wang So is totally different level. SBS should have known better. I am pretty sure nobody will complaint if LMH won the Hallyu Award. But to ignore such an excellent talent like LJG is total absurd. LJG should spread his wing to Hollywood since Korea entertainment industry and more into looks and popularity instead of talent. 

3 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

Is there a way to watch it again cause vlive is not accessible in my country.

Today at 3pm Malaysia time, OneTVAsia will air the SBS Award. Channel 393. 

• Like 14

Question:  What is LGJ's history of drama awards for each drama he has completed?  Has he at least won the Excellence or Top Excellence for each drama?  I just don't want to even think he didn't get an acting award for Wang So if he had received awards for other performances.  

And dang Soompi lets me vote for every category but BEST ACTOR and DRAMA again tonight.  What am I doing wrong? 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

He not only lost in front of LMH. In accordance with the value scale of SBS, Kang Ha-neul performance in MLSHR was better than LJG. Kang Ha-neul won an Excellence  Award for his acting if I'm not mistaken. And here is nothing about ratings!

like seriously LJG do not deserved this kind of treatment. luckily he had fun with the rest of the cast last night.  

• Like 9

no hate for LMH but seriously his character in LOTBS is nothing to compare to wang so.

seriously SBS ruined the ceremony only for the top excellent category. its all about rating. guess this is what fans of KRW felt when he lost last year. i just hope LJG is recognize more for his acting skill in korea. seems like other countries value him more. thats why even Milla praise him and recognize his acting. sad for SBS. so biased toward LMH.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Okay. Let's all set aside our Joon Gi bias. But, LMH won over Han Suk Kyu? It's still weird riiiiight?????

He won over Han Suk Kyu for the Top Excellence because Han Suk Kyu was set to win the Daesang. No need to double up Top Excellence with Daesang.

And I love his tanned skin too :) 

45 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Question:  What is LGJ's history of drama awards for each drama he has completed?  Has he at least won the Excellence or Top Excellence for each drama?  I just don't want to even think he didn't get an acting award for Wang So if he had received awards for other performances.  

And dang Soompi lets me vote for every category but BEST ACTOR and DRAMA again tonight.  What am I doing wrong? 

Joon Gi is pretty filled with awards ; ) You can check them up here
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lee_Joon_Ki

He is just often ignored by tv station since his military return.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

He won over Han Suk Kyu for the Top Excellence because Han Suk Kyu was set to win the Daesang. No need to double up Top Excellence with Daesang.

See, that's what I was trying to point out. Because they knew Joon Gi was winning polls, he'd win the Hallyu award. And they were bound to give HSK the daesang, so they didn't give him an acting award either. But ALL OF US KNOW, LJG and HSK are better actors than the other two.

If this was like the academy awards or something, there wouldn't be a problem when it comes to a picture winning multiple times. But when it comes to Korean awards, it's like they're trying to please everybody. Even going to the point where they award two winners in one category.

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

See, that's what I was trying to point out. Because they knew Joon Gi was winning polls, he'd win the Hallyu award. And they were bound to give HSK the daesang, so they didn't give him an acting award either. But ALL OF US KNOW, LJG and HSK are better actors than the other two.

If this was like the academy awards or something, there wouldn't be a problem when it comes to a picture winning multiple times. But when it comes to Korean awards, it's like they're trying to please everybody. Even going to the point where they award two winners in one category.

They've been doing that for years already, awarding multiple winners per category, which discredit those awards ceremonies even more I agree.

Not sure they would have given LJG something if he didn't win the polls. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

And I love his tanned skin too :) 

Joon Gi is pretty filled with awards ; ) You can check them up here
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lee_Joon_Ki

He is just often ignored by tv station since his military return.

he is not being ignored. i think he just being careful in choosing the character to act and thats why he is in a drama once a year. he is yes being ignore in term of recognizing talent in awards ceremony. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, aimwanie said:

he is not being ignored. i think he just being careful in choosing the character to act and thats why he is in a drama once a year. he is yes being ignore in term of recognizing talent in awards ceremony. 

That's what I meant, ignored by the award ceremonies. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

That's what I meant, ignored by the award ceremonies. 

hahhaa. i thought u meant by being ignore in term of tv appearance. mian.. heeeee..

but hey. KBS is so far  recognize his acting.  but he hardly choose KBS as his drama. mostly MBC. -_-

• Like 5