Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@willenette

It’s Brazilian Juijitsu. JG’s master particiated in the European IBJJF (Int’l Brazilian JuiJitsu Federation) recently. If my understanding is correct, In JG’s latest IG post, he has a different teacher because his usual teacher was away for the competition.  

Also, JG other teacher IG account is bjj_jo 

I thought the Japanese JJ and Judo is one and the same. Oh Maybe not. :)   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jhjsw said:

I just finished watching Iljimae last night and I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I liked the story, the characters, and of course LJG is the best thing about this drama. As for the ending, well, you guys are right, it's up to my imagination. Overall, it is an amazing drama for me. Can't believe I almost skipped this.

@LadyOne Thanks for the recommendation, I'll start watching Time Between Dog and Wolf Tonight. :)

Hi jhjsw so NICE that you were able to watch this drama. The story is entertaining from the first episode. I'm sure you ended up liking all of the characters. There were tons of action but there is a lot of depth too. And so many murder mystery here. :lol:

40 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

@willenette

It’s Brazilian Juijitsu. JG’s master particiated in the European IBJJF (Int’l Brazilian JuiJitsu Federation) recently. If my understanding is correct, In JG’s latest IG post, he has a different teacher because his usual teacher was away for the competition.  

Also, JG other teacher IG account is bjj_jo 

I thought the Japanese JJ and Judo is one and the same. Oh Maybe not. :)   

Hi missmaudy ohhh.............I stand corrected. Thanks dear for this. Judo is a martial art that was developed from Jiu Jitsu. A person that does not practice any forms of martial arts may believe that Judo and Jui-Jitsu is the same thing. ...But, they're two different things.  Jujitsu includes using punches, kicks, and what have you to take down the opponent. Judo is a much gentler part of Jujitsu and really is a defensive form of fighting in which one is using one’s body weight to overcome the opponent. You could say that while Judo is more of a sport, Jujitsu has to do with real fighting. Jujitsu is part of ancient Japanese martial tradition. Judo on the other hand is an invention of the modern times and is therefore a much civilized and certainly kinder form of martial art. That's why, Judo is taught in schools all over the world.:lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi jhjsw so NICE that you were able to watch this drama. The story is entertaining from the first episode. I'm sure you ended up liking all of the characters. There were tons of action but there is a lot of depth too. And so many murder mystery here. :lol:

Yeah, I especially liked Soe-Dol, the father who raised him. Laughed out loud when he lost his tooth. Hahahaha.  I was so touched on the way his character was portrayed. But still, LJG is the best. :)

I am so excited to watch Time Between Dog and Wolf later. :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Yeah, I especially liked Soe-Dol, the father who raised him. Laughed out loud when he lost his tooth. Hahahaha.  I was so touched on the way his character was portrayed. But still, LJG is the best. :)

I am so excited to watch Time Between Dog and Wolf later. :)

jhjsw wow, was 2007 really that long ago? Feels like ages..... I hope you will enjoy watching this, too. For me, "TBDAW" is LJK's best action drama ever! I love the fast pace of the drama that helps keep the tensions high. This drama has loads of Lee Jun Ki at his best.  That is a face to enjoy. hahaha - You will enjoy Lee Jun Ki's hotness. It's just that the drama had some crazy plot lines and plot holes that raised more questions as I watched than answered.  I don’t care about its flaws, though because I felt all the emotional tugging. . And I guess I was too blinded by my LJK fangirlishness. Hahaha - But, if I were to ever watch this drama again, it would be because of Lee Jun Ki and Jung Kyung Ho’s bromance. BTW, I bought my own DVD copy of this drama. This is one of LJK's shows that stayed well with me. I loved my "TBDaW" experience - it's different from some dramas I've been watching since it DOES have a 70's feel - So, it was a welcome change. One of the best revenge dramas and one of the best bromance as well. LOL - LJK’s acting was good - The scene where he was shocked after meeting Mao in the restaurant was very good. I found Mao very compelling.  The tagline is in the time whether you do not know if the dog you raised is the wolf that will bite you. - :lol:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, willenette said:

jhjsw wow, was 2007 really that long ago? Feels like ages..... I hope you will enjoy watching this, too. For me, "TBDAW" is LJK's best action drama ever! I love the fast pace of the drama that helps keep the tensions high. This drama has loads of Lee Jun Ki at his best.  That is a face to enjoy. hahaha - You will enjoy Lee Jun Ki's hotness. It's just that the drama had some crazy plot lines and plot holes that raised more questions as I watched than answered.  I don’t care about its flaws, though because I felt all the emotional tugging. . And I guess I was too blinded by my LJK fangirlishness. Hahaha - But, if I were to ever watch this drama again, it would be because of Lee Jun Ki and Jung Kyung Ho’s bromance. BTW, I bought my own DVD copy of this drama. This is one of LJK's shows that stayed well with me. I loved my "TBDaW" experience - it's different from some dramas I've been watching since it DOES have a 70's feel - So, it was a welcome change. One of the best revenge dramas and one of the best bromance as well. LOL - LJK’s acting was good - The scene where he was shocked after meeting Mao in the restaurant was very good. I found Mao very compelling.  The tagline is in the time whether you do not know if the dog you raised is the wolf that will bite you. - :lol:

Wow. Now I'm raising my expectations for TBDAW. I also read a lot of great reviews about the drama. So I guess this is better than Two Weeks? I guess I'll find out in the next few days. I think I can finish this by Friday since it only has 16 eps. Episode 1 starts now. :)

• Like 3

Hi family! hi onion head I’ve got so much to back read and Soompi <_< didn’t let me yesterday as it was updating! 

On 1/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, pixelsticks said:

Only because we have to capture and discover every micro movement of this actor.  It's all for research purposes. 

Yes, it’s only for research purposes. eOCRO87.jpg

K...that suit/pretty forehead photo @bluelilac1214 just posted....now that makes me want to see JG in a legal drama or one where he has to wear suits and upswept hair.  (P.S. I'm not a cop/legal drama fan)

Yes, he is so dashing in suits plus Pretty Forehead! :w00t: How about glasses too? cool onion headThough legal dramas tend to be boring and monotonous sometimes JG would make it interesting, don’t you think? Imagine him/ his voice being all authoritative and sarcastic! Plus the Smirk!! admire2 onion head

You know....Episode 12 should be called the LIPS episode.  SO many SO lips in that one! 

Agree!! I hate Soompi's only 3 image rule because there were so many beautiful pics and gifs of his lips and I could post only three! His beauty should not be hidden under the spoiler tag! depressed2 onion head

eDed6fG.gif love you crazy rabbit

On 1/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, cedarwood said:

You know... taking off halo sounds... *cough* crazy-monkey-emoticon-105.gif?1292792407

panda 29 I’m curious, girls, when did you lose your halo when it comes to JG? I'd like to know... panda 24

Revive? You just put me in grave deeper!

Okay, no worries - I'll help you get out of there today. B)

On 1/18/2018 at 4:04 AM, pixelsticks said:
On 1/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I'm in!  Let's say it aloud : JG please do an action + romance drama

Let's say it aloud : JG please do an action + romance drama

crazy monkey 126 *Blue takes a deep breath* JG please do an action + romance drama/movie

Oppa, pretty please? wow1 onion head But it does seem like that he has the same thoughts too based on that recent interview, isn't it?

On 1/18/2018 at 4:04 AM, pixelsticks said:

Indeed! We all treat our studies seriously! 

Is there a Bachelors, a Masters and a PHD in LJG?

There should be! There must be!!

On 1/18/2018 at 10:41 PM, pixelsticks said:
On 1/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, cedarwood said:

So LJG could sometimes escape from the crowd of his fans. :wink:

He should come here....not many people know him around here....

On 1/19/2018 at 12:49 AM, antoniaclamens said:

@pixelsticks he will be less known here

Oh, if we talk about where he is lesser known, I think SL would win, unfortunately! desperate2 onion head  The plus point for him would be we have perfect climate almost throughout the year and a different climate and landscape within every hour or two of driving.

@jhjsw – I know I’m very late but welcome to the thread! crazy monkey 050

On 1/22/2018 at 12:15 AM, pixelsticks said:

And for the "sleeping/water-drenched" parade:  <<<wait is there a water drenched parade and if there isn't...WTH not???>>>

Now we have it! crazy monkey 069

On 1/22/2018 at 5:18 AM, zakz said:

Anyeoung 

I see a few familiar names from the MSHR thread. 

So as a hajunse I should be here no?

Yep, you definitely should be here! And welcome to the JG thread!! crazy monkey 028

On 1/22/2018 at 5:18 AM, zakz said:

Now pls I need to watch a series or movie where .... 1... He gets a darn happy ending pls pls pls pls pls 

Has anyone suggested Josoen Gunman - it is supposed to have a happy ending, right? Right @pixelsticks?

On 1/21/2018 at 12:55 AM, violina said:

Know your bias 101:

So this lovely angel translated one of many JG talk shows.This one was done in 2008.So am sharing it here.

Thank you lovely @violina :wub:

That same angel has some more talk shows translated:

https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/169995598378/lee-joon-gis-interview-with-mbc-section

https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/169775655638/so-yeah-i-translated-lee-joon-gis-guerilla-date

11 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Another IG update from our JG... Okinawa picture

Oh my heart! love onion head love onion head love onion head

*Gif credit to original uploaders.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I can't leave alone @pixelsticks with her drenched parade

Why thank you!  

Pre-Drenched:

Related image

Almost Drenched:

Image result for lee joon gi singapore

Post Drenched:

Image result for lee joon gi water

Looking forward to hearing your take on TBDW @jhjsw 

I'm still waiting for a Water pouring/drenched scene in a drama by LJG.  It can be in the Romantic one he is looking for his next project.  You know I am going to put it on my Director's List.  Don't you?  Hahaha 

• Like 4

…and an updated list of parades:

Elusive Torso/ Sexy Back/ Pretty Forehead!!/ Smile/ Smoldering/ Bangs/ Cutie Pie/Adorable / Coloured Hair/ Satto/ Gong Gil/ Drinking/ Eating/ Selca/ Looking at the sky/ Looking at the floor/Angular Beauty/ I'm an acrobat/ Beauty/ Merry Marry Christmas/ I'm bored/ Kick/ Bare Feet!!/ Fangs/ Moustache/ Beauty Marks/ Angel/ Sexy Legs/ Glasses/ Sexy Arms/Veins / Army/ Suit/ Beautiful Eyes/ Winking/ WHAT???/ Pretty Nose/ Sleeping Beauty/ Airport Fashion/ Iljimae/ Elusive Tummy/ Singing/ In Bed/ Joseon Gunman/ Bling/ Sexy/Pretty Chin/ Martial Arts/ White Shirt/ Wang So/ Smirk/ SWWTN/ Drenched

@pixelsticks did I miss anything? confused onion head

Since I promised @cedarwood that I'd help her revive I'll refrain from posting any of drenched/ Elusive Torso/ Smoldering etc. pics today! angel3 smiley

Cutie Pie/ Adorable/ Yongie/ Bangs:

Spoiler

Selca/ Smile/ Pretty Nose/ Pretty Forehead/ Adorable:

Spoiler

qtHu1dJ.jpg

Smile/ Army/ Cute Ears:

Spoiler

CWVYnlM.jpg

For @antoniaclamens - SWWTN/ Selca/ Cutest Cutie Pie:

For @glassnokamen - a hug for you - hope you feel better soon:

WguXnG9.jpg

*Image credit to original uploaders.

Off to dreaming onion head 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

@pixelsticks did I miss anything? confused onion head

You are asking me?  Wait...where is LIPS???

59 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Cutie Pie/ Adorable/ Yongie/ Bangs:

And this seems like smolder to me....with a peck and a smile. in love red fox

Since I am streaming Youtube today for Jonghyun....I am also gonna update you about Ma Lady by LJG.  Only 2615 more views to 1 Million!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoA4YX07UfM  Go watch it again!

And my SMILE for the day:

ilWsTVb.gif

• Like 5

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi missmaudy ohhh.............I stand corrected. Thanks dear for this. Judo is a martial art that was developed from Jiu Jitsu. A person that does not practice any forms of martial arts may believe that Judo and Jui-Jitsu is the same thing. ...But, they're two different things.  Jujitsu includes using punches, kicks, and what have you to take down the opponent. Judo is a much gentler part of Jujitsu and really is a defensive form of fighting in which one is using one’s body weight to overcome the opponent. You could say that while Judo is more of a sport, Jujitsu has to do with real fighting. Jujitsu is part of ancient Japanese martial tradition. Judo on the other hand is an invention of the modern times and is therefore a much civilized and certainly kinder form of martial art. That's why, Judo is taught in schools all over the world.:lol:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Judo is the ancient Japanese martial art that focuses on throwing your opponent to the ground to win. It was also sometimes called ju jitsu or jiu jitsu or other names. The Brazilian judo expert Helio Gracie, the father of my teachers Rorian and Royce Gracie, was the inventor of Brazilian jiu jitsu, which focuses on ground fighting and winning through choke holds and submission holds. I remember Rorian saying that in real life, fighting mostly happens on the ground, where technique can defeat size and strength. His brother Royce proved it by defeating bigger and stronger martial artists in the first Ultimate Fighting Championship, which has made Brazilian jiu jitsu so popular worldwide. Helio visited his sons' academy in 2000 when he was about 86 years old, and I watched him sparring with his grandsons. He was still the champion.

In all of the pictures of JG training, he is using the same techniques I studied.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Wow. Now I'm raising my expectations for TBDAW. I also read a lot of great reviews about the drama. So I guess this is better than Two Weeks? I guess I'll find out in the next few days. I think I can finish this by Friday since it only has 16 eps. Episode 1 starts now. :)

Hi jhjsw, wow, your pacing is so fast. Me, every time I watch a drama my pacing is very slow since I only have time to watch my DVD copy every night since I'm in the office all the time. That's why, during its airing, I can't watch any drama continuously because of lack of time. This is the reason why I want always to have my own DVD copy. :lol:

6 hours ago, joybran said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Judo is the ancient Japanese martial art that focuses on throwing your opponent to the ground to win. It was also sometimes called ju jitsu or jiu jitsu or other names. The Brazilian judo expert Helio Gracie, the father of my teachers Rorian and Royce Gracie, was the inventor of Brazilian jiu jitsu, which focuses on ground fighting and winning through choke holds and submission holds. I remember Rorian saying that in real life, fighting mostly happens on the ground, where technique can defeat size and strength. His brother Royce proved it by defeating bigger and stronger martial artists in the first Ultimate Fighting Championship, which has made Brazilian jiu jitsu so popular worldwide. Helio visited his sons' academy in 2000 when he was about 86 years old, and I watched him sparring with his grandsons. He was still the champion.

In all of the pictures of JG training, he is using the same techniques I studied.

Hi joybran, I stand corrected - Thanks for the clarification. I can't argue since I'm no expert on this - I only said here what I know & think about these things. :lol:

• Like 4

Running in to share that the Annual Soompi Awards are ACTIVE!!!  And Lee Joon Gi is nominated under the ACTOR category.

8b6908823c5eb2272b3b3ec10f8c041a.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actor-of-the-year

Click here and VOTE.  Then refresh and VOTE again and again.  I didn't actually count but it was more than 10 times before it wouldn't let me again.  Was it 20 votes/day last year? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

Running in to share that the Annual Soompi Awards are ACTIVE!!!  And Lee Joon Gi is nominated under the ACTOR category.

Sis you beat me to it:)!!This year we only have one category to work for(or two if you are going to vote for his co-star/labelmate Moon Chae Won too).They have been nominated for best actor and best actress respectively for Criminal Minds.

Dear angels!!!you know what to do right...Lets put up a fight and make it a good competition..

VOTE!!!(They say its 24 times in one go)

Related image

SHARE!!!(even though he is cringing:D)

Image result for lee joon gi cheering gifs

FIGHTING!!!HWAITING!!!

Image result for lee joon gi cheering gifs

• Like 7

10 hours ago, violina said:

Sis you beat me to it:)

I was only awake to watch a newly released MV.   And sought out some JG news afterwards to help me stop crying. 

10 hours ago, violina said:

VOTE!!!(They say its 24 times in one go)

Ah.... I see the pop-up window says this now.  When I was voting...it just said...Error.  

My SMILE for the day:

36 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Just an update. I started watching TBDAW last night and now I'm at episode 10. It's 11:15pm my time and i need to sleep coz I have work tomorrow but i can't. :D 

Binge watching - who needs sleep?  Just kidding.  Why does work have to interfere with completing TV series? :wink:

• Like 4

On 1/23/2018 at 11:04 AM, jhjsw said:

Interestingly, Lee Joon Gi and Lee Moon Seek (Soe Dol) were played  son and father in yet one film Fly, Daddy, Fly (2006). It was unforgettable duet also.

bd3426d23a29820fec3a_preview.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

For @antoniaclamens - SWWTN/ Selca/ Cutest Cutie Pie:

Thank you!!! much appreciated 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:18 PM, pixelsticks said:

Since I am streaming Youtube today for Jonghyun....I am also gonna update you about Ma Lady by LJG.  Only 2615 more views to 1 Million!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoA4YX07UfM  Go watch it again!

Done.. we're so close now. i always try to watch daily

17 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Click here and VOTE.  Then refresh and VOTE again and again.  I didn't actually count but it was more than 10 times before it wouldn't let me again.  Was it 20 votes/day last year? 

last year was 10 times, but know i voted like 20...

6 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Just an update. I started watching TBDAW last night and now I'm at episode 10. It's 11:15pm my time and i need to sleep coz I have work tomorrow but i can't. :D 

So i guess you like it... a lot! totally understand you

• Like 4