Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

26 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I just watched the subbed awards show and surfed various sites for winners lists and NOW I am upset because the Hallyu Star award was presented as the second highest award just before the Daesang, so why do all the websites (e.g. dramabeans, hancinema) have the award listed at or near the bottom. Joon Gi should be right at the top after the Daesang winner :angry:. It means that SBS has failed to make it clear how meaningful this award is even though the MC stated the reasoning behind the award.  I think from LJG's acceptance speech he was a bit at loss as to why he got it. Maybe SBS should have called the award differently or added a TOP to it since he is already a Hallyu star and there may be a misunderstanding that the award only acknowledges him as a Hallyu star, which may also be how the media may see it. Regardless of this award, he should also have got the Top excellence acting award. I think SBS just couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge LJG as the better actor this year than KRW or LMH (their golden boys). It is all politics *sigh*, I just needed to vent.

Hancinema / DB are just copy and paste websites. Otherwise they would have reported it right if they have actually watched the awarding ceremony. 

Even soompi didn't give the Hallyu Award credit when in fact they were live  recapping the ceremony. 

It's either SBS didn't make it clear or viewers are becoming dumb. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 11

On 12/31/2016 at 3:09 PM, booho said:

Excellence Actor in a fantasy drama: Kang Ha Neul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

Excellence Actress in a fantasy drama: Oh Yeon Seo (Please Come Back, Mister)

Top Excellence Actor in a romantic comedy: Nam Goong Min (Beautiful Gongshim), Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate) HOW DID TWO PEOPLE WIN THIS?  IF TWO PEOPLE ONE IT, THEN NEITHER IS THE TOP ACTOR!!!!

Top Excellence Actress in a romantic comedy: Gong Hyo Jin (Jealousy Incarnate)

Top Excellence Actor in a genre/fantasy drama: Kim Rae Won (Doctors), Lee Min Ho (Legend of the Blue Sea) HOW DID TWO PEOPLE WIN THIS?  IF TWO PEOPLE ONE IT, THEN NEITHER IS THE TOP ACTOR!!!!

Top Excellence Actress in a genre/fantasy drama: Park Shin Hye (Doctors)

Top Excellence Actor in a full-length drama: Jang Geun Suk (Daebak)

Top Excellence Actress in a full-length drama: Kim Hye Sook (Yeah, That's How it Is)

Best Couple Award: Seo Hyun Jin & Yoo Yeon Suk (Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim), Lee Jun Ki & Lee Ji Eun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Lee Min Ho & Jun Ji Hyun (Legend of the Blue Sea)  - HOW DID ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WIN THE SAME AWARD?

Special Actor in a full-length drama: Song Jae Rim (Our Gab Soon)
Special Actress in a fantasy drama: Seohyun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)  - WAS THIS A JOKE? HOW DID SHE WIN ANYTHING????

Hallyu Award: Lee Jun Ki  I'M PROUD OF HIM

Sorry to cut the post short.

I'm glad that Joongi won something in one of these award shows.  I hope it gives him the validation he needs from the Korean industry.  Usually, it's a total shut out for him during award time. The executives at the TV station could not completely ignore the fact that the drama received so many views outside of Korea.  The views for the drama were due to Lee Joongi's popularity outside of Korea.  He was really really good in this drama.  He gave a great performance.    As for some of the awards, I don't understand  how two people can split or win the same award.  It lessens the value of the award when two people win the same award.  I would rather for Joongi to win the Hallyu Award by himself then to win Top Excellence where he has to share it with someone else.   Finally, I KNOW that this award show was not that great when Seohyun won something.  She was absolutely awful in the drama.  Her acting was terrible and I don't see how she won anything.   The fact that she won something almost invalidates all of the awards given that night.   What I mean by that is, if someone who gave such a terrible performance can win an award, the awards must not be that special.  Or......... It makes me wonder if the awards were rigged, bought by agencies,  given to people based on popularity rather than based on talent.  

Is there some type of awards show in SKorea like the Academy Awards that gives awards from all of the networks in Korea?   If Joongi could win a Hallyu Award from such an awards show, I would be happier.   By the way, I think the Academy Awards are rigged too. :blush:  I guess you all can see I don't put much stock in ANY awards shows.  

• Like 15

Any popularity award will never be perceived as significant and prestigious as any acting award, that's why I said that eventhough the Hallyu award was a very beautiful gift from fans to LJG (and I'm sure he was really touched by it), it would always be taken as a side award by media and wouldn't provide any significant impact for his CV. I'm sure we all have enough ranting about this, but even if I stop talking about this, I will never forget and forgive SBS for their mistreatment of LJG and Wang So. Actually I think I feel bad for Wang So more than for LJG himself, because this character, imo the best character I've seen so far in any drama/movie, doesn't deserve to be forsaken this way. LJG will have a chance for better achievement in the following year; Wang So has no chance of resurrection (unless there is season 2 which I don't even dare to hope for).

On a lighter note, there is a fan (Black Hole on Weibo and YT)'s account of LJG's arrival in Nagoya for his last FM. This highlights how generous he is with his fans and may give us some picture of airport experience we don't have the chance to feel ourselves.

Credit to Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club on FB

You can check the related video on her Weibo http://tw.weibo.com/jgblackhole/4054924419650607

PHk6uIN.jpg

BZ9ztHK.jpg

wVqkDaj.jpg

• Like 22

regarding the award.. i dont want to keep being sad for it. i guess better fate and plan has been made for him in 2017. lets hope for a better and brighter future of LJG oppa. i just cant wait for his new project. let it be movie, drama or CF.. i just cant wait and will surely support him as best as i can!

• Like 11

ENG 161229 2016 NAMOO AWARDS JGver

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B841LMvHvTufZnh0OXZtXzZlYnc/view

20170101 Joon Gi's Ig
Just wanna say Happy New Year~  We filmed this quickly after enjoying the award a lot. ( I am sorry that I did too much talking ;;;) Hope you get a lot of good luck this year and I will repay you with a good work to make you happier.
Thank you all domestic and overseas fans of < Moon Lover ,Scarlet Heart:Ryeo> Thank you and love you ~!! 
(translation by Elly ) @JGfamily

Spoiler

Joon Gi sends New Year greetings to Splendor (his fan club in Japan)

• Like 15

Honest, if i take a look, i more happy with that Kwave Award than Top Excellence ahahahha

I mean, Top excellence means u get award for your acting skill, and some people say K wave its just like popularity, 

But i think K wave awards it's not just about popularity. For me, Top excellence just acting recognize by the SBS and K wave is more than that

It's not easy to get recognize from "international audience" who have diffrent taste and culture ( even joongi say about this in his speech ) especially for saeguk drama ( historical drama ) - it's not easy to make global audience fall in love with saeguk drama story ( compare to modern drama ), but Moon Lover and Wang So- being loved from teenager - adult fans around the world. and Not Every actor who have good acting can bring their "character" become an ICON and being love internationally ( from asia-southeast-europe-south america etc ) and MLSH make "goryeo" era in  korea become famous worldwide ( from cloth, accesories, etc ) ( people usually only know about Joseon era ) . There's so many good actor in Korea, but only few of them who can be an ICON, 

Some fanaccount in the SBS award

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, booho said:

Honest, if i take a look, i more happy with that Kwave Award than Top Excellence ahahahha

I mean, Top excellence means u get award for your acting skill, and some people say K wave its just like popularity, 

But i think K wave awards it's not just about popularity. For me, Top excellence just acting recognize by the SBS and K wave is more than that

It's not easy to get recognize from "international audience" who have diffrent taste and culture ( even joongi say about this in his speech ) especially for saeguk drama ( historical drama ) - it's not easy to make global audience fall in love with saeguk drama story and Not Every actor who have good acting can bring their "character" become an ICON and being love internationally ( from asia-southeast-europe-south america etc ) and MLSH make "goryeo" era in  korea become famous worldwide ( from cloth, accesories, etc ) ( people usually only know about Joseon era ) . There's so many good actor in Korea, but only few of them who can be an ICON, 

agreee with this sooo damn much. its not easy for historical drama to be loved by overseas fans and MLSHR manage to make it happened. Wang so is an iconic character and so thus LJG. 

• Like 15

23 hours ago, aimwanie said:

hahhaa. i thought u meant by being ignore in term of tv appearance. mian.. heeeee..

but hey. KBS is so far  recognize his acting.  but he hardly choose KBS as his drama. mostly MBC. -_-

;

Most kdrama series are made by independent companies and are "sold" to the networks KBS, MBC, SBS, or cable network like TVN. TVN make their own shows but generally the channel which a drama will air is not fixed at the outset (preproduction).

On another note, I want Scarlet Heart Ryeo Season 2 to air. I have a feeling they finished filming already but that is just me. Any news guys?

Edited by onlyjoongi
  • Like 6

On 01/01/2017 at 9:56 PM, tinniet said:

Any popularity award will never be perceived as significant and prestigious as any acting award, that's why I said that eventhough the Hallyu award was a very beautiful gift from fans to LJG (and I'm sure he was really touched by it), it would always be taken as a side award by media and wouldn't provide any significant impact for his CV. I'm sure we all have enough ranting about this, but even if I stop talking about this, I will never forget and forgive SBS for their mistreatment of LJG and Wang So. Actually I think I feel bad for Wang So more than for LJG himself, because this character, imo the best character I've seen so far in any drama/movie, doesn't deserve to be forsaken this way. LJG will have a chance for better achievement in the following year; Wang So has no chance of resurrection (unless there is season 2 which I don't even dare to hope for).

On a lighter note, there is a fan (Black Hole on Weibo and YT)'s account of LJG's arrival in Nagoya for his last FM. This highlights how generous he is with his fans and may give us some picture of airport experience we don't have the chance to feel ourselves.

Credit to Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club on FB

You can check the related video on her Weibo http://tw.weibo.com/jgblackhole/4054924419650607

Blackhole is one of the fans that I really admire the most hahaha. She's from Hong Kong and she went to the Seoul FM in the first week of December, then to the 3 Japanese FMs (Nagoya, Yokohoma, Osaka). Imagine just how much she spends! And of course she'll go to the HK fm. 

I read some IG posts. There were also other fans there and they gathered over a few drinks. Ahhhh I'd love to do this too someday lol. 

Edited by rainmoon
do not quotes images.
  • Like 19

So pretty ~ He looks like a vampire on this ^^

There's a news coming about Resident Evil, LJG and Milla Jovovich. Don't know what is it about yet. Maybe about the premiere in Korea, or elsewhere.
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000689830&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

See JG showing off his trophies ? Winning awards means a lot to him. May he win a well deserved acting award this year !

• Like 15

Sorry to take the topic off the SBS awards, but I was going through old gifsets and came across one with LJG's farewell to Wang So interview (http://liveforeverneversaynever.tumblr.com/post/152667416035). I was wondering if anyone knew where to watch that video? At first, I thought it was on the Scarlet Heart naver channel, but other screencaps I saw of the same interview had the Namoo Actors logo in the corner. I can't seem to find it - I thought it might be on his V Live channel instead, but it's not there either. My detective skills suck, lol.

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. <3

• Like 4

6 hours ago, theone4me said:

Sorry to cut the post short.

I'm glad that Joongi won something in one of these award shows.  I hope it gives him the validation he needs from the Korean industry.  Usually, it's a total shut out for him during award time. The executives at the TV station could not completely ignore the fact that the drama received so many views outside of Korea.  The views for the drama were due to Lee Joongi's popularity outside of Korea.  He was really really good in this drama.  He gave a great performance.    As for some of the awards, I don't understand  how two people can split or win the same award.  It lessens the value of the award when two people win the same award.  I would rather for Joongi to win the Hallyu Award by himself then to win Top Excellence where he has to share it with someone else.   Finally, I KNOW that this award show was not that great when Seohyun won something.  She was absolutely awful in the drama.  Her acting was terrible and I don't see how she won anything.   The fact that she won something almost invalidates all of the awards given that night.   What I mean by that is, if someone who gave such a terrible performance can win an award, the awards must not be that special.  Or......... It makes me wonder if the awards were rigged, bought by agencies,  given to people based on popularity rather than based on talent.  

Is there some type of awards show in SKorea like the Academy Awards that gives awards from all of the networks in Korea?   If Joongi could win a Hallyu Award from such an awards show, I would be happier.   By the way, I think the Academy Awards are rigged too. :blush:  I guess you all can see I don't put much stock in ANY awards shows.  

I believe with the Academy Awards, there is voting by the peers which make more sense since they know who gave best performances among their own. If that was to have happened last night I am sure JG would have taken the Top excellence if not the Daesang. Honestly I feel embarrassed for KRW and LMH. Neither really won the award for their performance. KRW should have won daesang last year for Punch and the Doctor Crush really wasn't worthy of his talent, it was more a popularity show. In the case of LMH, seriously, they give it to someone whose drama isn't even finished yet? It is putting the cart before the horse. SBS just wants to make LMH happy so that he would continue to choose their projects.  They should have called the Hallyu Star award " Hallyu Daisang Award" if they wanted to make it meaningful.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Sorry to take the topic off the SBS awards, but I was going through old gifsets and came across one with LJG's farewell to Wang So interview (http://liveforeverneversaynever.tumblr.com/post/152667416035). I was wondering if anyone knew where to watch that video? At first, I thought it was on the Scarlet Heart naver channel, but other screencaps I saw of the same interview had the Namoo Actors logo in the corner. I can't seem to find it - I thought it might be on his V Live channel instead, but it's not there either. My detective skills suck, lol.

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. <3

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1210992
This one is without the Namoo actors logo. There might be another one. I'll try to find it.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1213064
Found it.

• Like 11

Still heartbroken over him being snubbed for Top Excellence Awards. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted this before and I ever mentioned about this much anticipated adaptation of "Bride of The Water God". It's meant to be a sageuk with the fantasy element but the adaptation will bring the story to modern setting while still keeping the fantasy element. Our Joon Gi is such a hot favourite among international fans. Whenever there's casting news, his name always popped up. Based on the comments, he sure is topping the list of so many dream leading man. To me, playing a non-human mythical god so perfectly fit LJG since his look is so out of this world gorgeous like he just stepped out of a manga and my dream leading lady for him is either Lee Sung Kyung. Go Ara or Nam Ji Hyun. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/01/01/misaeng-screenwriter-doing-modern-version-of-bride-of-the-water-god-with-filming-scheduled-for-february-2017/#comment-462394

• Like 13

^ He is a true blue Hallyu Star. The original. The one and only. :glasses:

Add to that, he actually acts and has range. Not to mention he is so good looking. No wonder everyone wants him as leading man Hahaha.

I am intrigued about him taking up the rumored "Kingdom" though. Despite the danger of being typecast, the production looks like it will be huge. I hope Joon Gi will bag that one it ever comes. 

I want a Moon Chae Won x Lee Joon Gi pair up though.:phew::phew:

zzzzz.jpg

wang_so___lee_joon_gi___lee_junki_by_elr

cr: elraflukha; MCW is PSed

Edited by onlyjoongi
  • Like 12