Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Aw thank you @Merry for worrying about me.. I get bored at the weekends so I dig his old things haha
Right now (3:40 am)  I'm watching Joon gi's trip to indonesia for a charity event with Kim Ha Neul.. I don't know why I haven't watched it till now, it is even available in youtube (Love for Indonesia, World Special - for those who don't know)..  When I read about celebrities' donation or charity events I find myself questioning how sincere these actions are.. Are they doing it 100% because they want to? Or they or their agency set these up for their 'image' in the public's eye?  Whatever the real motive is, this one looks so touching, beautiful and bitter at the same time. I'm seeing nothing unnatural or insincere.. It's also nice to see celebrities spend their money and time on such things. Furthermore, it's a good reminder for us who may easily forget the reality and the real world.. I found Joon Gi's cyworld message on this back then, titled as "Our... Beautiful Times". I hope I'm not the only one seeing this for the first time
Our....Beautiful Times..2009.02.18 - 12:03 p.m.
Before making the decision.... I was afraid..Only I wouldn’t help alleviate anything.
And I also wonder if I could give them as much love as they needed.No, it sure was a reality, but how would I communicate and all…I kept asking myself over and over again…Each day that we were together, I realized.
Not that I give something to them, instead I ended up learning a lot from them. Reality.It wasn’t hard. I kept the hardness inside without knowing it.The day we left, senior Kim Ha Neul and I cried warm tears (tears of happiness?)
No, It was just teary eyes.Sad, too, happy, too, a blurred feeling.What can I do..It wasn’t enough.Either to them, or to us…It was good times
I feel sorry for themIt was more like our times than theirs.I love you..
I love you..I miss you.
Dimas, Vicky, Oteuri and granny..Take care of your health..p.s. A very big love from my fans
you guys always make me feel ashamed. Every little cent will not be wasted.They’ll have their playground, sport equipment, computer room and all.I have to thank you all, our family.Thank youTogether with our Indonesian family, thank you for your love.
Fans from each and every country have the same heart,beautiful and always look after me, never change.No difference, no matter where you are, my family.I love you.
Thank you.Korean to English Translations by: CheonHye of Lee Jun-ki Crunchyroll Fan Group
Lee Jun-ki Crunchyroll Fan Group

Guest ellenajoon

@Vanni Zae Yes,i'm from Indo^^ Me too, i prefer wild Kay than good boy Soohyun, hehe

@lisagi Really, number 3rd popular drama? so glad to hear that^^

@daegorr oh,i don't know he is overacting, i thought it was normal because his character is humble,lively,and anthusiastic in Iljimae & Hero. Maybe i didn't notice that because of Joongi emotional fabulous acting.

Guest ellenajoon

And about NSM character in TBDW, i don't like her either. She following Joongi to Thailand and want to share a room with him.

And good boy soohyun can't say no. She also always get a long kiss from Joongi. Sigh...

He wants to try romantic production.http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/02/lee-jun-ki-successfully-wraps-up-his-japanese-tour#axzz2s7Jor5mB
Lee Jun Ki successfully wrapped up his Japanese tour across three cities from January 27-31!

Lee Jun Ki kicked off his Japanese tour in Nagyoa on the 27th, and moved on to Osaka on the 28th and Yokohama on the 30th-31st. During each three-hour concert, the actor showed off his surprising singing and dancing skills with highlights including his covers of Psy's "Gangnam Style" and Taeyang's "Ringa Linga". He also sang his heart out to his song "My Dear" which ranked #1 on the Oricon Daily Single Chart as well as showed his drama making film, and held a talk session.

Lee Jun Ki shared, "Because of all of you, Lee Jun Ki is here. I want to touch hearts as an actor through a good production next time." In response to his #1 on the Oricon Chart, he shared his thanks, "It feels surreal and I was very surprised and touched. It's all thanks to everyone... As an actor, I want to show a good production and acting. Up until now, I;ve been in a lot of heavy productions but I want to try romantic productions... I also want to star in a Korea and Japan collaboration productions, contributing to the cultural awareness of both countries."

ok

Guest ellenajoon

@petito I already watch TVN World love special, but it too focused on Kim Haneul rather than Joongi, so i didn't watch it till the end. Is Joongi crying there?

i only saw the picture.

Joongi is really capable, he is cooking like chef, and cutting hair like pro hairstylist. Joongi really like kids, he hug them and kiss their head. Watch this show make me love him even more, you can see the human-being Joongi not the actor Lee Joon Gi. Very touching the letter Joongi's wrote. Thank you.

Guest ellenajoon

@patoi thanks for the article. I really want to see Joongi playing a nerd. A nerd role like in the bollywood's film Koi Mil Gaya. lol

Guest ellenajoon

Ups,the link above doesn't work

this one work!

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-top-5-underwater-scenes.html?m=1

Guest ellenajoon

Ups,the link above doesn't work

this one work!

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-top-5-underwater-scenes.html?m=1

Guest ellenajoon

I don't understand, when i search Lee Jun Ki name on google, sometimes Lee Min Ho name will pop out with bold text.

And,'lee jun ki and shin min ah' keyword always popped out too, even if i didn't look for them *shrug*

Well i like LMH, just wonder why his name always pop out when i search Lee Jun Ki.

@Merry  I guess there are no English subs, I just watched it without subs haha. Actually I watch most of his stuff without sub because they come out much later and I have no patience to wait for them ;)
So I was trying to find the meaning of the name 이준기.. Though they may change in time every name has a meaning/story behind it, but due to my very limited skills in Asian languages I could  come up with made up this: 
Lee (이) means: plum, plum tree (this must be right bcoz many sources say this)Joon (준) means: talented, handsome or to be bright (from totally unreliable sources) Gi (기) means: natural energy, energy flow - it is also written as qi or chi . It is a philosophical term and one of the underlying principles of martial arts (according to wiki)  
So his name perfectly describes him, even if it is based on my far-from-deep research LOL 

@petito I found his name's meaning too. His parents gave him a good name, and he actually becomes a good boy :x
I noticed in some reality shows that there are a lot of same names Gi-joon in korea though the name Joongi might be only a few.
However, there are many celebrities' name start with surname Lee and ends with Gi ;))

@ellenajoon Oh, I watched some filming vids (over 10 files which ones are quite long) of AATM in youtube uploaded by the director. But those vids were removed in a few days after AATM ends, I also didn't have time to watch many vids of them and to dl. Those were deleted on the day after tomorrow of my exam last day, *sigh* Maybe bcoz of copyrights?? So, I think new fans might not have watched them. It also included the Arang underwater rebirth scene. SMA wasn't naked, she wore a skin-coloured tight vest covered from the chest to the start of thighs :)

Happy The Year of The Horse Ladies,
Aaah, all of you been digging old closet ? ;)) Have a great times ? or have those grumpy feeling ?gb-jb-cap.koala are famous with international fans right ?  Lee Joon Gi in 2007 - before enlist was so insanely famous. Because of his big name, sometimes people dislike him, their own fave bias got shadowing with him. He alwas got his name rumour with this drama, those drama and so on, when his name appear as a lead in one drama, every news, reporter were after this, .... but in the end that just a false rumour.  He alwasy got bashing by many people because of this, they all confused which drama that he will be lead on ? And this isn't his fault. Since past to present, he always takes times to choose a drama ( makes everyones itchings ). Turn out he always chose aheavy genres, thats not makes everyones loves. His projects always those things that fans and non fans are 'Love & Hate feeling'. Many people awaiting for him to do a lead like ' My Girl ', a lead role that makes everyones swoon and dreaming. 
more facts about him :Fanmeeting Trendsetter :When he did his 1st fansmeeting, a very big 16000 fm in 2006, and he perform like a concert, many people oops, no...mostly actors or his sunbei actors dish him, everyones told him that he is an actor, so just act as an actor and do the ussual fm ( actor just meet and greet, sign, take a picture,interview,  games...that's all ). But....everyones loves him and they all shock that he can dance, he can sing and do a great concert. Especially fans ( makes me fall head of over heels.....#sigh ). So, he set a new trend.....Now all actors have to sing as well as dance ( if they can moves their bodies...) by their company. Nowadays, all fanmeeting been construct more like his 1st concert (  from opera theme opening, with Joon Gi flying around and do his fighting skills, to his tango dance, pop dance, singing, hip hop to phototime, interview ). 
His Biggest drama shock :his 2007 TBDAW are different and those times, it really a hot issues. All tv station been covered it, why ?...because he cut his hair and those are the biggest SHOCK EVER !! ). Everyones just realised that he is a very good looking man even with his short hair. He show his masculine side. We can see all those behind the scenes, his training session, ah, almost everything. His tattoo, his 'partner'...well, NSM as Ari are well dislike ( hahaha haha....for hot kiss scenes with him ). fans stop bashing her, when they saw that behind the scenes, they are not close. we also can see that NSM tend to be stay away from Joon Gi, she was cautious. After this TBDAW, they all makes a heavy genres drama, with this style ( common as HK style, with gang, drug, fight and bromance ). Still no ones can beats Joon Gi acted in this drama, he have to act as Soo Hyun, Amnesia Kay and New Like Soo Hyun. ( again, many international fans always saying that he is over and under act......#-o, suddenly they all like an acting guru, ha! if you are famous Robert De Niro and  you critic him, I take notices, but if you are not someones, not even in your present live you are a stand out person, I just ignores )
Behind ILJIMAE Story :Iljimae begin with war of 2 TV station, SBS and MBC. Both of them want to do this drama.Before drama begin, the so called 'WAR' were wellknown.....with MBC won the original story.
For SBS :1.SBS won first when they got Joon Gi as their Lead. ( the most sought after action actor had agreed to lead in their 'Not Knowing Storyline')2. a Big Company agreed to do the producion ( Green Snake ). 3.SBS chose a comic writer to do the story. SBS go with A COMIC Story Style ILJIMAE. In a comic Iljimae is described as a Pretty Boy who have an awesome fighting skills and makes everyones fall in loves with him ( SBS erasing the part of playboy part )4. Green Snake made a KRW 5 Million Iljimae outfit especially for Lee Joon Gi, with Silver lining and Silver Mask with a Famous Silver Designer .
And.....EVERYONES forgot one things.....In SBS, they said that they will produce a COMIC STORY like superman or batman or robin hood a 'HERO Comic Story', meaning its a COMIC STORY !!! the main viewers target are GENERAL, especially family !!! Of course they have to do those extremes act right ? Joon Gi have to act as a Comic SuperHero, just like Ahn Gil Kang did his comic expression as Iljimae fighting teacher.This facts was not grab by international viewers ( especially the later viewers ).....for me, well I just  say...Heloooo ?....well, if you didn't know the facts just don't go bashing my lovely Joon Gi. 
Why SBS loves Joon Gi ? because they are the breadwinner!!! SBS VS MBC. The Famous FEUD !!! Everyones waiting, which ones of this TV Station will be the winner. Result :The Lee Joon Gi Iljimae was a Real Big Hit, Joon Gi breath alives a Superhero Comic Iljimae. People all watch ILJIMAE, the iljimae site went down several times during some scenes, and the biggest are when final was shown, all netizens are going crazy about Iljimae, whether he dead or alives. Joon Gi got a new FANS. A Zillion of Kids fans. 
Thus SBS drama award 2008 was a tribute award for Iljimae. So, he becomes SBS MAN. ( if you watch healing camp, they even bestow a 1st healing award for him ). Iljimae just sealed his status as 'a High Dependable Actor'. Which Tv Station, Production House, actors and writer can depend on His. 
and...to be continued.....( Ladies, if my Joon Gi story boring you, please inform me )

@Daegorr.  You are right on point with your comment about TBDW.  Joongi did do a little over acting in some parts of the drama.  To be honest with you, it was during his days when he was a little full of himself.  Even he admits that he was a little arrogant back then.  Some of his acting was just too much and if someone were to look at his dramas in his mid twenties and his dramas today, they would be able to see the difference in his skills.  He has improved over the years and I'm glad for it.  He has also become a lot more humble than he used to be.  He has matured into a good man.
In terms of bloggers, take most of them with a  grain of salt especially those that are backed by the Kpop industry.   When a certain well known kpop blog first started out, it was just that…a blog. There were good articles on the different agencies, dramas, actors/actress/singers in the Korean Entertainment Industry.  Then, all of a sudden, I started seeing story after story on JYP and Rain. All positive praise even when Rain bailed out of his concerts here in the states and didn't give back any of the concert money to concert goers.  He lost a lot of fans in the US when he did that.  Then, I started seeing stories on SME and it's artists. How wonderful the company was…blah blah blah. Even when the company was being criticized and sued for its ridiculous slave contracts (who stays somewhere for 13 yrs.) Even the NY Times did an articles on SME's slave contract but this blog wrote nothing but nice things about SME.  Every single story in the blog pertaining to certain agencies were positive. No criticism. The blog did not start out that way. It used to offer balanced stories.  But the blog changed at some point. When people complained about how the agencies treated the artists, the "blog" offered tickets to go see these artists for free in LA.  They had "exclusive" interviews with people in the kpop industry.  What I'm getting at here is that some of these blogs are sponsored/owned by companies in the KPop industry.  If you are an artist that is not apart of the agencies that sponsor the blogs, then you might get critized/trashed by the "bloggers".  Some of the blogs start out simple and when the blog becomes popular with foreigners, KPop agencies take note and start to "sponsor" the blogs.  In return, the blogs become the mouth piece for the agencies.  It was really funny because some times an artist would get in trouble in Korea (like get caught with drugs or hit/run car accidents) and this well known blog wouldn't report anything on it while other Korean bloggers would.  
Basically, I don't pay too much attention to bloggers of the KPop industry.  I form my own opinions and choose to meet up with people like those found here in this forum.  I know that you all are real people that are here because you like Lee Joongi.  I would rather hear from you all than from one of the bloggers any day.

Guest YulianyG

Hallo ladies..
Happy Lunar New Year.., hope everything goona be better..
We in Indonesia just had a long weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I spent the time, watched Joongi old behind the scene of his drama, fan meet, cf making video.., ohh Gosh..he is very sweet and handsome.
I saw that Joongi is never age, he is still sweet and handsome..but there something different for his cheek, especially his cheek bone.., sometimes I think that he did a surgery for his cheek, anyway.. I dont mind it, just a very little curios..
Or maybe that is because he is more slim than before.., Soo..lets support him to gain his weight, and take care of healthy 
And regarding YSY, I watched his drama "Baker King KTG" at particular angle, he looks like Joongi., but if I saw carefully.. our Joongi is more sweet and handsome hehehe.. so thats no wonder I still love him for 7 years..

:x