Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Thanks @ellenajoon for the post of Ms.koala article. This is my 2nd time reading it ^_^

I remembered I annoyed too at the media news, guesses and praises to YSY as the 2nd Lee Joongi, also bcoz it was happening during his military service. Just saw a comment there, YSY more handsome than Joongi, kk... since he's also entering 30 and only younger about 3 years than Joongi, the answer is clear now who has the more charisma ;)

Haha, she likes Joongi a lot. Though she didn't love AATM which was his army return project, glad she likes 2W much again as TBDW to cement her impression on him.

Reading comments about Iljimae posted under it, lol~> It's hilarious to see that there were 2 sides on edge of the taste on Iljimae. Many fan friends I know who became his fans before the military discharge like Iljimae more than TBDW, including me, but Javebeans from dbeans dislike him and his projects a lot before army, her negative views on Iljimae and positive views on Return of Iljimae (which I thought was a boring drama with a makjang flying hero without good martial arts skill wearing an ugly whole head-hidden mask :D ). The almost all comments under her posts are negative ones too ;)) Hmmm... its soompi thread I checked after 2W had a good atmosphere though :)

Anyway, Joongi's strength after military is so strong indeed. He seems getting better luck with co-stars who have much chemistry for him. And, he could even melt the ice of some audience who disliked or looked down to him, with the all-round abilities in his chosen meaningful projects! Hope he shakes us and also to many new viewers again with an impressive project this year... ehhhh, waiting him not so patiently :P

@Merry, your comment reminds me of my own experience with both Koala and javabean. When I first know Joon Gi during AATM (that was the time I started watching K-drama), I have never read those two blogs before. We talked a lot about AATM at ThaiFamily and friends mentioned about Koala and dramabeans, so I checked them out. Koala did not like Arang but did not say very bad thing much, she just did not like it but she loves Joon Gi, so it's fine with me.Then I read dramabeans, they all had high praise for AATM and I was so glad and followed their reviews every episodes.
However, in the middle of AATM, I started to read their backlogs about our Joon, they did not like Iljimae and said very negative thing about him and they praised Return of Iljimae a lot. They also said bad thing about TBDW and gave high praise to City Hunter. I got so angry and almost did not go back to enjoy their review on AATM hehehe. But now I am not angry anymore, they love Two Weeks and they have high praise for Joon's acting now. During Iljimae and TBDW, they said Joon overacted but with AATM and Two Weeks, they said Joon presented solid and superb acting. Love them for it. Hahaha, this is fan's normal reaction to negative/positive comments on fan's loved actor, right? So, I think I understand Yoon Si Yoon's fans' feelings when they read Koala's comment about Joon and YSY.

Guest ellenajoon

@merry @patoi ne, a little busy now, i'll be back later coz i wanna sharing about this too.

i suggest to check Outsideseoul blog, the owner of the blog give TBDAW rating A+. hehe

@patoi I think DB was originated by JB, all articles till around 2009 are posted by her. Her blog gradually becomes so popular among foreign audience and gained sub-coordinators. The negative review of TBDW compared to CH was posted after AATM by kaedejun who recapped some makjang dramas in db, now she left db and doing her own blog.

While Joongi had been proving his impressive acting in better writing/directing projects since before his military, JB's articles of him those days were like she tended to joke much of his fame although there's no criticism to nowadays younger popular actors with not much admirable acting.

However, I'm glad now Joongi has changed her mind on his talents. Seems GF likes Joongi, she mentioned in a voice postcard about 2W that she personally likes him. But I don't satisfy much to them yet. Bcoz they didn't decide him as the best actor among 2013 dramas in which Joongi for JTS character portrayal actually deserves but went to go-soo and jung kyungho, lol. Am I being a greedy fan?? :D

Guest ellenajoon

@merry @patoi Honestly, i already watch YSY's drama Me too,flower! but i dropped it (because the female lead unnatural face was very disturbing). After that i read the article about YSY look alike Joongi (and they said the 2nd LJG?).

I was like, huh? he look like LJG? It made me cringe.

From the picture he did look like Joon a bit, but after watching his drama, he's not look like Joongi at all. I'm sorry to YSY fans, didn't mean to hurt anyone ^^.

Guest ellenajoon

Yes, Ms.koala is Joongi fans. TBDAW is her all time favorite k-drama,i think?

That's true,DB didn't like Ijimae (and i haven't watch Iljimae JIW version,so i don't know which better).

But now in DB, when somenone comment a trolls about Joongi, there are always people defended Joongi. They know is amazing actor. I'm glad just hear about that.^^

One of the comment even said, Joongi is the best actor in his generation (82'er).

Guest ellenajoon

I wanna share this little info,

Lee Joon Gi's drama rating on Asianwiki.

Asianwiki user rating (based on votes)

Dramas:

My Girl - 95%

Time Between Dog and Wolf - 98%

Iljimae - 97%

Hero - 96%

Arang and The Magistrate - 95%

Two Weeks - 95%

Movies:

King and the Clown - 96%

Fly Daddy Fly - 96%

Virgin Snow - 97%

May 18 - 96%

Guest ellenajoon

TBDAW make the top 10 MBC TV-Dramas with highest rating on asianwiki: 98%

Last time TBDAW was no 4 but dropped to no 7.

Same with Iljimae, its make it to no 6, but dropped fast. Iljimae no longer in the top 10 SBS TV-Drama.

http://asianwiki.com/Category:MBC_TV-Dramas

I think TBDAW is underrated, but everybody loves it after watching it.

ps: Kay is hot! me likey,,

I wanna share this little info,

Lee Joon Gi's drama rating on Asianwiki.

Asianwiki user rating (based on votes)

Dramas:

My Girl - 95%

Time Between Dog and Wolf - 98%

Iljimae - 97%

Hero - 96%

Arang and The Magistrate - 95%

Two Weeks - 95%

Movies:

King and the Clown - 96%

Fly Daddy Fly - 96%

Virgin Snow - 97%

May 18 - 96%

I vote him and also all his dramas and movies everyday on asianwiki hehehe ;) on gooddrama.net too. Two weeks is number 3 now below TMS and heirs on popular drama category. I'm glad that many people watch and acknowledge TW despite its low ratings.

Everyone have their own preferences, so let's try not to get ourselves too upset over what other bloggers say. But it's a good thing that now all of them have nothing but praises for Joongi! He won over their hearts! 
I'm sorry if my words will make you all upset, but I personally kind of agree with DB's assessment of TBDW. I really like seeing Joongi act as bad-boy Kay, but there were some parts where he seemed to overact which made me cringe. I think he also had the same problem in Hero. But glad that he has improved a lot on his acting already! I'm not saying that his acting wasn't good back then, but I did think he could have done better.
I think TBDW is a good show because I still enjoyed it when I watched it last year, although it has been so many years already. I think the truly timeless classics are those shows where you can rewatch many many years later and still find them interesting. I see a lot of koreans also praise TBDW very highly on forums, with some even calling it a "legendary show", and they really loved the ending scene. But I really really really disliked the female lead (the character, not the actress!), because she was quite useless and always the damsel in distress, that's why I wouldn't consider TBDW as one of my top dramas. 
Regarding Iljimae, I admit that I do get a little upset when I see people criticising it and saying that Return of Iljimae was better. Iljimae will always have a special place in my heart because it was the show that introduced me to korea. I did like the actor who starred in Return of Iljimae, so I tried watching it a bit, but I didn't like it because the show had some modern day scenes which seemed weird to me, and the lead actor hardly spoke. Based on some MVs, it seems like the show also had quite a few bed scenes, which is quite shocking to me for a korean show. I guess the show must be good if I watch it until the end since there are so many good reviews about it, but I really couldn't sustain interest to watch till the end. So Joongi's Iljimae is still the best for me! 

I do agree @daegorr about his acting in some parts of TBDW. Why u feel similar with me? Hehe, I also didn't like the female character.

Sorry friends, ahem :) ... about the overacted parts, it's only a total of a few minutes in 16 hours run. Apart from them, there were also some which gave me much impression of his expressions in the scenes such as when he could think nothing about his past and start to consider himself as a bad guy Kay due to his friend's persuasion to break out from the car garage, and when Mao gives him the position that Kay's decisions are his decisions ^__^

I found those articles in db after A&M ends and read them so I didn't upset coz the DBs already have changed their opinions upon him with AATM :x However, since DB is the most popular blog for their insights in KDs and also some new viewers will probably check his previous dramas by reading their reviews, I did wish jb (all articles tagged to Joongi before his military were written by her) could mention him better instead of the usual joke to his acting and the stories of TBDW & Iljimae :(

Hmm, talking about quality dramas... I think they can take the viewers' interest from wherever we start watch. I marathon all other dramas of Joongi, and my hectic study time didn't let me watch live for both AATM & 2W too. Iljimae is the only his drama I watched while airing, and gave me that impression though I missed some episodes during the broadcast. I didn't find that taste from Return of Iljimae though that I watched it also from our tv channel about first 3-4 eps, and dropped it due to the slow pace, overacted villains, then a woman's voice talking about the story which constantly appears throughout every episode ;))

It's a soooo good thing our Joongi is maturing more & more in his senses and acting! I've always liked all his characters (exclude seo jung-woo :P ) but yet again for the project itself.... as I always said, Iljimae is still winning my heart until after 5 years for me~>> "Iljimae" is the Dynamic #1 and "Two Weeks" is the Emotionally Excellence #1 :-bd