Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Most Memorable Scenes From “Lawless Lawyer” That Kept Viewers Glued To Their Screens

Lawless-Lawyer1.jpg

tvN drama “Lawless Lawyer” has captivated viewers every week with its fast-paced storyline, movie-like directing, and passionate acting of its cast.

See Also: Lee Joon Gi Weeps Sorrowfully At Memorial Service In "Lawless Lawyer"

Here are the top five memorable scenes that have left a strong impression and earned praise from viewers.

Spoiler

1. Lee Hye Young’s “put your head down” scene (Episode 2)

This is a scene that highlighted the duality of Cha Moon Sook (played by Lee Hye Young) who is an evil judge with the face of a noble saint. In response to lawyer Go In Doo (played by Jeon Jin Ki) who defended his client without a single cross-examination in her courtroom, she insulted him by commanding, “Put your head down.”

With this scene, she left a strong impression on viewers by revealing her cold, blank face and piercing eyes that lie behind her kind smile.

Lawless-Lawyer-1.jpg

2. Lee Joon Gi and Lee Hye Young’s courtroom disturbance scene (Episode 2)

This was a scene that revealed the hidden plan after the fog of the fire extinguisher settled in the courtroom.

While trying to delay the start of the trial for Bong Sang Pil (played by Lee Joon Gi), Manager Tae (played by Kim Byung Hee) and Geum Kang (played by Lim Ki Hong) set off a fire extinguisher and caused chaos in the courtroom.

Just then, Bong Sang Pil confidently walked into the courtroom and grabbed everyone’s attention. To the “absolute evil” Cha Moon Sook standing on the other side of the fog, he announced, “The trial starts now” and gave catharsis to the viewers.

Lawless-Lawyer-21.jpg

3. Lee Joon Gi’s nightclub action scene (Episode 2)

Bong Sang Pil went to rescue Ha Jae Yi (played by Seo Ye Ji) who had been kidnapped by Seok Kwan Dong (played by Chi Dae Hoon).

This was the result of the combination of Lee Joon Gi’s creative action using jujitsu and director Kim Jin Min’s dynamic and sophisticated camera work. This exciting scene shined amidst the heavy storyline and highlighted one of the best parts of a legal drama.

Lawless-Lawyer-31.jpg

4.  Lee Joon Gi’s underground tunnel action scene (Episode 3)

Bong Sang Pil fought an attacker with a knife who was following orders of Ahn Oh Joo (played by Choi Min Soo) in an underground tunnel.

When the scene changed from Bong Sang Pil who was across the train tracks to the attack scene, the film-like direction provided an intense scene to viewers that almost felt like time travel. Kim Jin Min’s unique directing and Lee Joon Gi’s powerful action and anger-filled acting created one of the most memorable scenes for its viewers.

Lawless-Lawyer-41.jpg

5.  Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji’s kiss scene (Episode 6)

Bong Sang Pil and Ha Jae Yi confirmed their feelings for one another through a kiss. While caressing Bong Sang Pil’s cheek, Ha Jae Yi asked, “How did you live like this for 18 years?” It was a moment when Ha Jae Yi’s tears expressed the unfortunate life of Bong Sang Pil who devoted his entire life to revenge.

The raindrops between the two people also created a beautiful veil that heightened their chemistry and made viewers look forward to their romance.

Lawless-Lawyer-51.jpg

“Lawless Lawyer” airs on Saturdays at 9 p.m. KST. Check out the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 5

Popping in to say hiiiiiiiiii!!! Yes I'm alive :D (And so sorry about the late replies to PM!) I'm not up to date with LL or JG these days... but hopefully, my RL is settling down now and I can fangirl in peace soon. Miss you all!

:heart:

• Like 5

Hello Family!

On 6/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, cedarwood said:

this is why I highly recommend you all to buy comfortable coffin!

But does it work out? Does having a comfortable coffin make it any easier when slayed by him? 

On 6/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, cedarwood said:

Tell me to shut up...

Never! crazy monkey 025

@zi4r Hiiiii! Welcome back! Hope you'll be back with us soon to fangirl to your heart's content! :wub:

40 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

Daily reminder

:wub::wub::wub: :ph34r:and he teases his angels with his rolled up sleeves!:ph34r:

And the English translation his latest IG update

An update on DC Joongall Drama support event

And they did great! good job onion head Oppa is extremely adorable here! admire2 onion head

More fan support from JGTW:

JG's angels are the bestest! love you crazy rabbit

And we'll get to see my love Mr Bong in a little bit! :wub:  Here's hoping we'll get good ratings today as well!

Q16eqe5.gif

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 4

Did you watch episode 9 already?????????

i couldn't stream but the clips are killing me! i need subs and raws now

BSP will be the death of me

@zi4r i can't believe my eyes! you are here!!!! please come back as much as you can. miss you!!!

@glassnokamen i'm loving this reminders

@bluelilac1214 @willenette thank you for the goodies

• Like 3

15 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Did you watch episode 9 already?????????

Still shook and in awe of Oppa's acting. Still need time to process all the thoughts in my head before I even try to write them down. All I know is that JG is the bestest!

Ratings for Episode 9

12 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Hello chingus!! I'm back!! I think I'll be able to watch LL in the coming days! Oh, it's been already half of the story right?

Welcome back! Nine episodes finished and only 7 more to go...

@sscllccrazy Thank you for the link! :wub:

An update from Namoo:

And the English translation:

Spoiler

Translation for Oppa's update:

• Like 5

One more article praising JG hell yes onion head

tumblr_pa3ivfwkaW1w2wd5jo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pa3ivfwkaW1w2wd5jo5_540.jpg

[An In-depth Look] Lee Joon-gi started out as “Beautiful Man” but has grown to become a “true actor”

(source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000864090)

The expression ‘Beautiful Man’ still reminds us of this particular actor: Lee Joon-gi, who took moviegoers by surprise with his effeminate appearance in his movie, and went on to capture the public imagination through an unforgettable beverage advertisement.

Lee Joon-gi is playing another career-defining role, Bong Sang-pil, in tvN’s weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer.” While Lee has proven his acting skills over and over, his acting is again receiving high praise from viewers through this drama by oscillating between charisma and tenderness.  

Though Lee started out as a ‘Beautiful Man,’ he continued to take on challenging roles no matter the genre or character. Here are the career-defining roles that Lee Joon-gi has played, and which have helped him leave an indelible impression on many viewers.

▲ “Lee Joon Gi Phenomenon” … “KING AND THE CLOWN”

Lee Joon-gi debuted in 2001 as a clothing model featured in print ads and went on to pick up small parts. Then, in 2005, he finally landed a role in a movie that would make ‘Lee Joon-gi’ a household name: “King and the Clown,” directed by Lee Joon-ik. Lee Joon-gi burst onto the scene as Gong-gil, a clown dressed as a woman in the movie. A whopping thousand actors vied for the role Gong-il. After beating off the stiff competition, Lee Joon-gi was picked as the perfect actor to play Gong-gil and prepared thoroughly for the role, both in terms of acting and his appearance. His presence was a refreshing change and shock to moviegoers then. Having amassed enormous word-of-mouth buzz, “King and the Clown” drew over 10 million moviegoers and earned Lee Joon-gi the nickname ’10-million-audience actor.”

▲ Continuing Success on the Small Screen … “MY GIRL”

SBS drama “My Girl” aired almost at the same time as “King and the Clown” was shown in theatres. Lee Joon-gi played Seo Jung-woo, the charming and playful son of a conglomerate’s chairman, and showed viewers a different side of him, similar but distinguished from Gong-il in “King and the Clown.” The drama also featured Lee Da-hae, Lee Dong-wook, and Park Si-yeon, and topped viewership rankings at the time, averaging 20%. Lee Joon-gi’s small-screen success following “King and the Clown” solidified the actor’s position as the hottest rising star.

▲ Even beverage drink CF “Beautiful Women Love Pomegranate” was a megahit

At this point, it remains something the actor’d rather forget (* ‘Heukyeoksa’ literally means ‘dark history’; more exactly, an embarrassing phase one goes through in life), but it’s one of the unforgettable works (?) that the public still associates with Lee Joon-gi: his pomegranate drink commercial (CF). Surrounded by a bunch of women and playing the piano, Lee Joon-gi sang the tune “Beautiful women love pomegranate. What am I supposed to do if you keep getting more beautiful?” That little sassy and coy guy he played in the commercial still remains one of the things that we associate with ‘Lee Joon-gi’ even a decade later. According to sources, this pomegranate drink he endorsed reached 10 billion won in sales in the shortest amount of time among the new beverage products available then.

▲ Shedding ‘Man More Beautiful than Woman’ Image through “TIME BETWEEN DOG AND WOLF”

Aired in 2007, MBC’s action/noir drama “Time between Dog and Wolf” tells the story of two National Intelligence Service agents combating organized crime in Macau. It was also the first Korean drama to be produced with the cooperation of the actual National Intelligence Service. Lee Joon-gi switched between Lee Soo-hyun, a NIS agent, and Kay who loses his memory, and between good and evil, earning positive reception from viewers. Up until this point, more attention had been paid to his looks than his acting because of his “Beautiful Man” image. However, through “Time between Dog and Wolf,” Lee definitely proved his potential as an ‘actor’ with consistently good acting skills, rather than a mere ‘star.’

▲ Achieving both High Ratings and Social Buzz, “ILJIMAE”

Aired in 2008, SBS’s drama “Iljimae” tells the story of a guy who both makes fun of and punishes those with wealth, the law and power on their side. In “Iljimae,” a follow-up to his previous work “Time between Dog and Wolf,” Lee Joon-gi also played a double role as Iljimae and Yong that are polar opposites. Since “Iljimae” is a chivalrous drama, Lee Joon-gi showed off a variety of action performances. Its solidly written story and the cast’s great performances earned the drama high ratings that hit a peak of around 30%. It achieved both high ratings and social buzz. At the 2008 SBS Drama Awards, Lee Joon-gi won the Top Excellence in Acting, Male award.

▲ Returning from Military Service, “TWO WEEKS”

Lee Joon-gi joined the military on May 3, 2010, at the Nonsan training center, and was discharged from the service on February 16, 2012. As his comeback drama, he chose “Arang and the Magistrate” and returned to the public eye six months after his discharge. In August 2013, through MBC drama “Two Weeks,” Lee Joon-gi proved yet again his acting skills that remained intact despite his hiatus. While “Two Weeks” did not get ratings as high as those of his previous works, the character ‘Jang Tae-san’ marked his first father role since his debut. A fugitive framed for murder, Jang Tae-san required the actor to film particularly challenging and difficult scenes. However, in almost all of those scenes, Lee Joon-gi performed his own stunts without a stunt double, demonstrating his passion for acting and the character.

▲ Adding Another Career-defining Role … “LAWLESS LAWYER”

Currently airing on tvN, “Lawless Lawyer” is an ‘evil-busting’ legal/action drama that tells the story of a ‘lawless’ lawyer who initially uses his fists instead of the law but grows into a true ‘fighting’ lawyer who combats absolute power at all risks. Lee Joon-gi is committed to his role ‘Bong Sang-pil,’ a shrewd lawyer who returns to Kiseong city with an ulterior motive, namely, revenge, and sets up ‘Mubeop Law Firm.’ Bong Sang-pil is a character equipped with charmingly contradictory traits, such as level-headed analytical skills, charisma, self-confidence, and cunning. Having played many characters through various works, Lee Joon-gi is now demonstrating his unique appeal as an actor through “Lawless Lawyer.”

Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/174747513018/an-in-depth-look-lee-joon-gi-started-out-as

I wonder why they didn't mention anything about MLSHR and Wang So... confused onion head

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 6

Episode 10 was daeback!!!!!!! i need raws and subs asap!

18 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Hello chingus!! I'm back!! I think I'll be able to watch LL in the coming days! Oh, it's been already half of the story right?

Welcome back! you have a lot to catch!!! you will love the drama and BSP

5 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Still shook and in awe of Oppa's acting. Still need time to process all the thoughts in my head before I even try to write them down. All I know is that JG is the bestest!

Ratings for Episode 9

JG is the best!!!! ratings not so much... i still can' understand them

An update from Namoo:

Finally. and i still can't understand them either

One more article praising JG hell yes onion head

[An In-depth Look] Lee Joon-gi started out as “Beautiful Man” but has grown to become a “true actor”

Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/174747513018/an-in-depth-look-lee-joon-gi-started-out-as

I wonder why they didn't mention anything about MLSHR and Wang So... confused onion head

well i was wondering the same... i think after K&C, Wang So was his turning point performance.. and i know it didn't earn the ratings it deserved in Korea but internationality it was a big hit!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

JG is the best!!!! ratings not so much... i still can' understand them

They have risen today:).Broke 7% in seoul.

ad9765301afb49d69f722205b61b9751e78db0e7

well i was wondering the same... i think after K&C, Wang So was his turning point performance.. and i know it didn't earn the ratings it deserved in Korea but internationality it was a big hit!!!

The fact that moon lovers was not a hit in Korea neither was it critically acclaimed, like two weeks and time between dog and wolf were in Korea despite not so high ratings is precisely why it was ommitted from this article.Bear in mind, this is from a korean journalist, so he is writing what the Koreans perceive to be JG's greatest works so far in his filmography and capitalising on that to market lawless lawyer.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, violina said:

YESSSSS! happy dancing crazy rabbit

CQTl74w.gif

6 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Today's IG update :wub:... a little bit of elusive torso too??? Abs???

Hehehe... since it had multiple pics, alarm bells should have sounded for me and I should have been prepared. But I'm still naive, I guess.. hehe onion head

Here's the translation:

Spoiler

Newest BTS of LL - Oppa is adorable!! admire2 onion head

With English subs:

Spoiler

One more pic of Oppa with the LL family

• Like 3

Since I hate hiding the Pretty under spoilers, here comes the Cutest Cutie Pie Parade love you crazy rabbit in a separate post:

KakaoTalk_20180609_145331071.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

%ED%81%AC%EA%B8%B0%EB%B3%80%ED%99%98_01-5900.jpg?type=w1200 :wub:

%ED%81%AC%EA%B8%B0%EB%B3%80%ED%99%98_01-5898.jpg?type=w1200 love you crazy rabbit

And Bare Feet for @antoniaclamens

%ED%81%AC%EA%B8%B0%EB%B3%80%ED%99%98_MNG04345.jpg?type=w1200

And finally my smile of the day:

KakaoTalk_20180609_145244435.jpg?type=w1200

So, so beautiful! love onion head

You can find more pictures in https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=16008143&memberNo=1609562

• Like 5

On 7.06.2018 at 3:51 AM, antoniaclamens said:

as always you crack me up! :D

My pleasure! :D

On 9.06.2018 at 7:15 AM, zi4r said:

Popping in to say hiiiiiiiiii!!!

Hiya!!! Good to know you're alive... but it's also a bad news since being alive means not watching LL. It's impossible to stay alive when LJG slays us mercilessly all the time... :wub:

On 9.06.2018 at 1:12 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

But does it work out? Does having a comfortable coffin make it any easier when slayed by him? 

No but after being slayed you fall right where you should be after such a beautiful death. And I'm making my coffin even more comfortable and exclusive - I thought that a shower could be a nice addition. You know when things get too hot... crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif?1292792411 

On 10.06.2018 at 1:01 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

Still shook and in awe of Oppa's acting.

I've just finished episode 9. LJG's acting is... simply amazing! The scene of the funeral was heart breaking and at the same time... he's really amazing actor. Like... when he's acting he doesn't focus on looking beautiful - he's acting. The cry scene... he wasn't afraid of ugly crying with all those things that make crying ugly. It's great performance. I loved it. 

On 10.06.2018 at 1:07 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

No idea either...

And him playing Wang So... perfection!

3 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

And Bare Feet

How's our chart??? Our man works really hard to fulfil it. crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378

• Like 5

22 hours ago, violina said:

And  I'm as happy as if i was actually working in the drama... i'm extatic

12 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Today's IG update :wub:... a little bit of elusive torso too??? Abs???

Today's updates made my day!!!

Newest BTS of LL - Oppa is adorable!! admire2 onion head

With English subs:

One more pic of Oppa with the LL family

Thank you so much for the goodies... i love the muvengers so much!!! and i love all the cast BTS too!! great chemistry.

BTW i must say it in the LL thread but i think Soompi Powers lies in this thread so i will say it here: I want JY do the muvengers pose besides BSP!!!! i really need it to happen.

Since I hate hiding the Pretty under spoilers, here comes the Cutest Cutie Pie Parade love you crazy rabbit in a separate post:

OMG OMG OMG

And Bare Feet for @antoniaclamens

Quoting @cedarwood: My precious!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the latest TVN stills are not posted here...

here's the link and some of my faves:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/List?page=1

7HHGEL54UCE8866HQT93.jpg

And correct me again if I'm wrong and they are already posted, but i think  these precious are not shared here. How can it be possible?

34090660_1849137228476584_13952056692456

34259054_1849137255143248_13899215709814

Spoiler

34183733_1849137061809934_49345983886382

34284662_1849137175143256_7558858577981434139957_1849137048476602_5289154316949534160905_1849137081809932_27401594222642

Source viki facebook

NEW VLIVE!!!!!!!!!! with episode 9&10 fight scenes!!!

http://www.vlive.tv/video/75280

Edited by antoniaclamens
  • Like 5

I'm so behind at taking shots from the episodes...

Here's my BSP Beauty Parade from episode 5 (and we are in episode 10!)

Spoiler

bf8wXnU.png

XGG45cs.pngz3k8spc.png0W9YLq2.png

3VxE35k.png

Spoiler

9PHCAj8.png

ULMpJcZ.png

AMorAYK.png

18kzkDR.pngdD4tQNm.png

t3aJNba.png

07whdrZ.png

axbC2ci.pngFN5KYJc.pngts8KGYw.pngHHC3CSB.pngyM1Pvpr.pngFxqsZ7j.png