Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Maybe I'll bite my words later, but really, DF, viki or whatever are not the only ones providing subs for korean shows, and especially when they are not legally licensed. I'm not worried at all. 

Anyway I'm suuuper excited. Tomorrow is the D-Day ~ Subs or not, I will watch, definitely. It's been a while since I'm not patient enough to wait the subs anyway... raw it will be ! ^^ 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Hello family! Remember me? *glances furtively* :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Young lady, where and with whom have you been???

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Maybe I'll bite my words later, but really, DF, viki or whatever are not the only ones providing subs for korean shows, and especially when they are not legally licensed

I know but... usually I see subs made by DF, viki or VIU... Gee! I started to worry, dang!

Will be back after back reading what I've missed.

...and after you:

1. see all those delicious pictures you missed

2. wake up from unconciousness after seeing them

kkkkkkk :D

• Like 5

Hello family! Remember me? *glances furtively* :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's been ages since I've last posted here - RL swallowed me up - almost. :( And oh, @pixelsticks here I am *waves*

Sooooo many pages to catch up with and I've missed sooo much too! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Will be back after back reading what I've missed.

white-cloud-emoticon1.gif?1292330537 @bluelilac1214 You came back!!! 

@willenette @missmaudy @cedarwood @antoniaclamens @leesopark16 @parkr1n  UGH...I'm excited and devastated at the same time.  And VIKI responded to me again  

How long will the wait be???

If you all haven't seen...on the CM thread.... I am seriously crushing on Go Yoon right now!  LJG...better be careful! 

It supposedly a Twitter party today for #criminalmindskr  I guess to get the hashtag to trend and show support.  And I found this...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

If you all haven't seen...on the CM thread.... I am seriously crushing on Go Yoon right now!  LJG...better be careful! 

It supposedly a Twitter party today for #criminalmindskr  I guess to get the hashtag to trend and show support.  And I found this...

Spoiler

Some fans really want romance in drama hahaha, they look good together though.

And beautiful fanart.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

white-cloud-emoticon1.gif?1292330537 @bluelilac1214 You came back!!! 

@willenette @missmaudy @cedarwood @antoniaclamens @leesopark16 @parkr1n  UGH...I'm excited and devastated at the same time.  And VIKI responded to me again 

Hi pixelsticks sadly, as of now - no one seems to be subbing it. Let's wait patiently. Ohhh............what about Drama Cool, huh? Or we can try out "myasiantv", which have many updated subbed Asian dramas & movies. Or try this http://kissasian.com/.  Whatever...........LJK's role in the drama is attracting me a great deal of interest because one of the reasons is  this is his first contemporary work after such a long time.....And besides, this is an action-genre, which LJK is good at. Wahhh.........it's tonight! I can't wait to watch him again on screen.  I can say that his drama is worth waiting to watch. So excited for this! Cheer up, LJK!:tongue:

• Like 6

Hello, Angels! I'm here to spew more CM updates.
Sorry that I haven't had time to back-read & respond here. I promise I'll hang out here more after the premiere! I've just been drowning in CM translations, and also RL obligations.
But anyhoooo.....

It's D-Day! Ready for more JG awesomeness, people?

(This edit is made me go WHOA! so I had to share)

CM plot & character information

You can read the Drama introduction here.

Here's the updated Relationship Chart:

fX5n9Ep.png

Here are the Character Descriptions:

Spoiler

61eJLm4.png

For other character descriptions, read here: Part 1  |  Part 2  |  Part 3

My own interpretation on the dynamic of three lead characters:

On 7/20/2017 at 10:42 AM, zi4r said:

Here's my interpretation of the three main characters, in relation to the main story-arc of the drama.

From the highlight-reel & the relationship chart, it seems Kang Ki-hyung is the backbone factor of change in the main series-long story-arc...... which echoes the US version. (spoiler tag below) The pivotal events in his life will instigate the change in dynamics in the whole team and will move the drama along.

And from the previous teasers & news releases, Kim Hyun-joon will be the one most affected/changed by those events surrounding KKH. His character probably will have the most growth (or 180-degree turn as they call it in their marketing). So he will be the most dynamic character.

And from the news releases, Ha seon-woo will be the most stable part of the story and the anchor for the team during the turbulent story-arc. She is the character that knows herself full well & never backs down from what she knows to be the truth. The factors that make her character who she is... happened before the series (aka her family background & relationship with father) and hence she's a "fully-grown" character that will provide the stability necessary amidst all the turmoil in KKH's life & the boat-rocking done by KHJ's sudden involvement with NCI.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. That will made all three of them such integral parts of the story...... and if they do it well, it'd be so beautiful! **fingers-crossed**

The official tagging of CMKR characters with their US-counterparts, according to the 12-min "Encyclopedia video" can be found here.

Our JG's Hyun-jun is the only one in the NCI Behavioral Analysis Team that is not officially paired with a US counterpart, even though he has obvious similarities to Derek Morgan. Here is my theory on why:

Spoiler
On 7/24/2017 at 4:59 PM, zi4r said:

About Hyun-jun, it's this is my theory (Just a THEORY). I think he was supposed to be Derek-equivalent at first... until they realize two things:

• They want a more Koreanized side-story (colleague's death, sister-related storyline, etc etc that will allow a more Korean drama-esque story)team-dynamic (KHJ-HSW's bickering relationship). And someone that Korean public will be able to fully relate to (so someone who is just a detective, who doesn't believe in profiling... who will learn all about profiling).
    In original CM, the "non-believers" of profiling are all (what I call) "dumb cop" figures who will try and block the team's work because they don't believe it's "real detective work". And they're not really sympathetic characters.
    In this version, I think they want the audience to go through the same journey as a main character, Hyun-jun, in learning about profiling.
  • Derek's background & struggles are very difficult to Koreanize.
    Derek's main struggles come from 3 things. 1) Being African-American cop/agent. 2) His sexual abuse as a child. 3) His struggle with religious belief. All three are very hard to be made relevant to Korean context.
    So, they end up equipping Hyun-jun with Derek's skills --- fighting, EOD/SWAT, etc. But in terms of his struggles, they created a more Korean-relatable background for him.

Thus, in the end, they find it hard to make him a Derek-equivalent. That's why they just decided to call him an "original character".

Things you may wanna watch before premiere

5-min Drama Highlights (with subs): here

2-min BTS + TVN promo + CM teaser (with subs): here

12-min "Encyclopedia" (without subs):

Spoiler

Naver link here.

YT link here.

If all geo-blocked, here. password: tvncmsoompi

And... VLive interview tonight at 6:30pm KST!

The Premiere

Sadly, for now, the only broadcast outside Korea seems to be KKTV Taiwan and the only official streaming is on Viu HK...
... meaning no official English subs anywhere yet.

The only consolation is that with the official Chinese subs available, the English fan-subbing is made easier, so fan-subs should be out quite soon. I hope the premiere starts off with good ratings & good vibes tonight, and that will facilitate distribution into English-oriented channels/platforms. If nothing else, TVN Asia should broadcast it some time soon.

I'm not going to write about the unofficial live-streams here.... but there are quite a few floating around. You should test them out before the broadcast time. When I see any fan-subs floating about, I'll update here.

Really praying for good ratings, for the sake of JG & the cast.

P.S. Special thanks to @glassnokamen for always bringing prompt updates to this thread.

:heart:

• Like 10

@zi4r Thank you for the amazing character descriptions and all that CM goodness in one post for us to find and digest again and again.  

And you weren't kidding when you said TONS of images at that link :blink:  Not that I am complaining....but wow!  It's making me cry already. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

Hello, Ang

P.S. Special thanks to @glassnokamen for always bringing prompt updates to this thread.

:heart:

:wub::wub::wub:

Thank you for the wonderful recap of all the stuff we know about CM at the moment: you did a great job, as always. :heart:

And... I don't know if it was already posted... our JG on the "single" interview after the press conf... without subs at the moment 

• Like 6

Hi! I have been a silent reader of this thread :) Looking forward to LJG's criminal minds 

you can try this link for tonight streaming.

http://www.92flvtv.com/live/krtv/tvn2.php

It works for me to watch it via computer. There'll be a flash player under the aqstream and so far the connection is very good 

hopefully by watching it online tonight will contribute to the rating :)

• Like 6

How to register to tvN official website for live-streaming --Let’s boost the viewers ratings!!
  1. Go to tving.com
  2. Click on the Log in (로그인) on the top right, see picture below -

20248457_459286854454379_513136010589864
3. Select the option to log in via facebook, see picture below -

20294250_459286954454369_980593721183770
4. Enter your email address as well as the phone number as indicated below and click on the red button and you are done registering!

5. In the search bar on the top right, enter 크리미널마인드 or use the following link - http://www.tving.com/smr/vod/player...
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, zi4r said:

Tons of Hyun-jun stills & BTS released here:

I saved them allllllllll! :w00t:

9 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

LIPS again....  <<<he so knows his fan base>>>>>

Can't see a picture. Arghhh!!!

Edit: Now I see it. :love:

• Like 5

JG thanking international fans in English! :wub:

Interview (3 Parts) Video watch/download link:

I don't maintain my YT so you guys can share however you want.

Warning: big file. 720p

Note: about 2 qns missing cuz phone messed up. Sorry about that.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

JG thanking international fans in English! :wub:

His English is really, really, REALLY GOOD! I love his pronounciation (to me he sounds perfect!) and that little accent. And that he knows how to speak English and he doesn't hesitate. And doesn't speak so dead slowly. :heart:

19 minutes ago, eunjangdo said:

his shirt reminds me of running man/moon lovers v live last year

True. I thought for one second that's the same shirt but no. :) 

• Like 6